Most Overrated Hero Ever???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
Who do you tink is the most overrated hero ever? Who gets way to much credit or do you think is just to much BS to take? Above i have posted a pole with five options or a other choise. I have my definite oppinion but i want to find out what the majority is and see how many people agree with me so i have also put heros i have constintly heard other people complaine about. If you choose other please tell me who and why u think they are overrated.

Can't wait to findout the results!

Galan777
Wolverine by far!

King_Mungi
Alpha Flight...f'n fanboys

pr1983
Where's Captain America?

Accel
These are all usually the same. It just turns into 20+ posts of people bitching about Wolverine.

Validus
Originally posted by Accel
These are all usually the same. It just turns into 20+ posts of people bitching about Wolverine.
Wolverine and Supes actually.

NiņoAraņa
actually..i believe batman...i mean WHY HASN'T HE DIED YET???

King_Mungi

Grimm22
Originally posted by King_Mungi
"He's the GOD DAMN BATMAN", but really the answer is witchcraft

Well, Batman is in Chris Nolan's new movie shifty

Entity
"He's the GOD DAMN BATMAN",

That's Why!!!

bigbran
Originally posted by Validus
Wolverine and Supes actually. Yup. More so Wolverine now though. Supposedly, he can beat Thanos in h2h nowadays.
Oh ya, what is this, the 5th time this thread has been made?

Tha C-Master
Nah I made the first one like Summer 05, there has probably been about 10 since. smile

NiņoAraņa
"He's the GOD DAMN BATMAN", but really the answer is witchcraft laughing i guess...there's no way he should be alive after all he's gone through....he doesn't have a healing factorshifty

King_Mungi
I think with him getting beat so much he has gained an immunity to pain and gained metahuman durability..simple science really...the answer is witchcraft.

NiņoAraņa
I think with him getting beat so much he has gained an immunity to pain and gained metahuman durability..simple science really...the answer is witchcraft. eek!

Entity
So!!!
Haven't u heard Superman can beat Phoenix, Ion, Doomsday, Galactus, and The Spectre under a red sun while swiming in a ocean of liquid kryptonite enchanted by dark magic!!!
velhospam_lasergiljotiini
blowuptomcatblowup

King_Mungi
pfft...Puck can beat anyone of those people himself.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Entity
So!!!
Haven't u heard Superman can beat Phoenix, Ion, Doomsday, Galactus, and The Spectre under a red sun while swiming in a ocean of liquid kryptonite enchanted by dark magic!!!
blowuptomcatblowup

let's put it like this...in overratedness

batman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wolverineshifty>>>>superman

SpunkySmurph
So!!!
blowuptomcatblowup

Yeah.

But, you know, if he's up against Wolverine, it's spite.

stick out tongue I couldn't resist

Grimm22
pfft...Puck can beat anyone of those people himself.

Co-Signed wink

Entity
Yeah if anyone hasn't already guessed i posted this to see how many people agreed with me that superman is T-Total BULLSHIT!!!

toot

pr1983
Yeah if anyone hasn't already guessed i posted this to see how many people agreed with me that superman is T-Total BULLSHIT!!!

toot

No... erm

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by pr1983
No... erm agreed...i actually have no problem with Supes most times

pr1983
Supes is the victim of alot of undeserved hostility on these boards... but the fanboys dont exactly help either...

Entity
Being a hero is about sacrafice! What in the HELL has he ever had to sacrafice???

And don't say Krypton. You can't loose what you never had and he still had a great home, the perfect home infact and if you ask a adopted child where their home is, they tell you the home their family raised them in and i don't think they got every basic power under the sun to help compensate for their loss!!!

pr1983
Being a hero is about sacrafice! What in the HELL has he ever had to sacrafice???

And don't say Krypton. You can't loose what you never had and he still had a great home, the perfect home infact and if you ask a adopted child where their home is, they tell you the home their family raised them in and i don't think they got every basic power under the sun to help compensate for their loss!!!

he died stopping doomsday... he gave his life to save others... erm

Accel
Not to mention that he has to live with the fact that for all his powers he can't save every one, no matter how hard he tries.

The guy carries the weight of the world on his shoulders and it's too much, even for him.

Entity
he died stopping doomsday... he gave his life to save others... erm

Yea and look how he came back by "refusing'" to stay dead. I wasn't aware there was a choice involved in DEATH. And that has to be the lamest escuse for how a character came back i've ever heard, and there are some really really lame ones. Or dose he also have the power to be immortal in his unbealivible to long arsenal of powers aswell???

Secondly look at all the heros with far less or no powers that risk their lives constantly to save others and get no credit for it. No loving fans no tinker tank perades nada! Yet they get up everyday and do it again WITHOUT being unbreakable and able to move contents like free weights. Some of them knowing the very people they save will still hate them the next day.

So i ask again WHAT HAS HE EVER SACRAFICED!!!

NoFate007
Thanos, Silver Surfer, Superboy Prime, Squirrel Girl (the joke isn't funny anymore), Onslaught...

bigbran
Originally posted by NoFate007
Thanos, Silver Surfer, Superboy Prime, Squirrel Girl (the joke isn't funny anymore), Onslaught... Notice how it says hero?

I also don't remember Onslaught being overated, let alone the others.

Entity
Superboy Prime was, I mean he ran through the GLC like they weren't even there. BS

bigbran
Superboy Prime was, I mean he ran through the GLC like they weren't even there. BS That's overwitten/pis.
Mind you, he is overated, but there is a difference.

Entity
My point is pretty much anyone with an S logo on their chest is a totally extremelly over written character.

The only one i ever found interest in was Kon-el so what did they do?
Kill the only supercharacter with more than 2 dementions. I mean it was a really great concept in my opition the perfect hybird of power and humanity, light and dark, and Intelligents and ingorrance.

and yes i jus said superman is igorrant
he is a tool!!!

Draco69
My point is pretty much anyone with an S logo on their chest is a totally extremelly over written character.

Kill the only supercharacter with more than 2 dementions. I mean it was a really great concept in my opition the perfect hybird of power and humanity, light and dark, and Intelligents and ingorrance.

he is a tool!!!

Someone has issues...

no expression

Entity
Originally posted by Draco69
Someone has issues...

no expression

This is true, i'll admit it. And i have many many more.
mad

Draco69
This is true, i'll admit it. And i have many many more.
mad

I highly recommend Dr. Phil.

He works miracles.

big grin

bigbran
Someone has issues...

no expression Wonder Woman... shifty

Draco69
Originally posted by bigbran
Wonder Woman... shifty

eek!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b271/HBirdman/WW/ww013_spin2.gif

SpunkySmurph
Wonder Woman... shifty

Jessica Alba shifty

stick out tongue

bigbran
eek!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b271/HBirdman/WW/ww013_spin2.gif You have a gif of her doing this? Well that just proves my point.Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Jessica Alba shifty

stick out tongue I would love to have her pawn me.....

Draco69
You have a gif of her doing this? Well that just proves my point. I would love to have her pawn me.....

eek!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b271/HBirdman/WW/ww023_bb4_jlu.gif

Entity
Dr. Phill my ass im goin straight to the source.

Oparah save me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darthgoober

he is a tool!!!
I have to disagree on this point. Being a hero is not about what you DO sacrifice, it's about what your willing to sacrifice. Yes Supes is ULTRA powerful and the likes of the common bank robber has no chance against him, so his stopping people of that caliber is no real indication of courage. HOWEVER, being like Doomsday and Darkseid ARE major threats to him(seeing as how both are more powerful than he), and yet he never wavers in his resolve to face them anyway. The fact that no one has managed to put him down for good, doesn't mean that he hasn't demonstrated a willingness to BE put down for good, if that's what it takes to get the job done.

So while Supes is overrated on the forum(mostly by fanboys), the fact that he is the quintessential hero, is undeniable.

And Wolverine takes the title of Most Overated.

Dreampanther
I have to agree that Wolverine is the most overrated. Every time he is put against Hulk, I just want to shake my head in disbelief...

Alfheim
Not to mention that he has to live with the fact that for all his powers he can't save every one, no matter how hard he tries.

What is that it? Other superheroes dont feel that way either?

wolvertooth
definitely spider-man and captain america those are the most overrated characters , they actually show spider-man beating omega red without a problem , spider-man is a class 15 at max character who gets his ass kicked by daredevil, kraven, blade, morvius, thats his league, even puma ,lizard,scorpion are too much for him to handle

and captain america i dont even need to start about all his PIS fights just because its captain america and he represents the american way of truth and justice

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by wolvertooth
definitely spider-man and captain america those are the most overrated characters , they actually show spider-man beating omega red without a problem , spider-man is a class 15 at max character who gets his ass kicked by daredevil, kraven, blade, morvius, thats his league, even puma ,lizard,scorpion are too much for him to handle

and captain america i dont even need to start about all his PIS fights just because its captain america and he represents the american way of truth and justice Spidey is def not overrated.......the hell is wrong with you...

he isn't just a brick, spider-man can hit high speeds, and that is what makes him a threat. a well written spider-man can take down daredevil, kraven and blade, maybe even with ease. (i don't know about morvius so i won't get into him.) He of course gets his bouts of PIS/CIS wins, and plot devices and such like any other hero, but he is in no way overrated (maybe unless by some fanboy i have yet to meet).

and i stick with Batman as bieng overrated.....he should be deadshifty

wolvertooth

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by wolvertooth
a well writen spider-man that doesnt have any energy attack or anything special he just can hurt with his strength and his strength is class 15 at max which is just like current sabretooth , so if you take sabretooth healin factor , claws, adamantium,fighting skills, you get spider-man ... ye sure spider-man is fast agile and bla bla bla but it doesnt help him to make more damage ... so a class 15 character should never go toe to toe with class 70 characters .... hell even with class 40 characters ... so a well writen spider-man shouldnt be able to fight major powerhouses , damn the guy gets beaten by class 20-40 like a fly, lizard is too much for him in a decent fight, puma owns him , even scorpion trash him everytime almost when they go fist to fist, so if spider-mans only chance to take someone out is his strength which is class 15 at max then i would say that he is too much overated again, wth are you talking about? what class 70 has he taken and beaten with just his fists? and being fast does do more damage..get a lil kid to hit you in the arm 100 times as hard as they can without you moving....even though he's not as strong as you, he can still do damage is he hits you enough times. plus, spider-man isn't known to just fight with no wits about him, read some well written spider-man before arguing that he is overrated. Lizard to much for him??? that is when i know you don't know what you are talking about. Puma of course is a stronger and just as fast opponent, and scoripian is an idiot....

wolvertooth

Endless Mike
Wolverine.

littleredhat
Why is everyone talking about powers? An increadibly powerful superhero can also be an increadably boring one.

Which is why I picked superman.

The power of a god and eight out of ten times the star of the most dull stories in comics.

I don't care how strong a hero is if he can't keep me entertained he sucks.

That is why Spider-Man,Wolverine and Batman are so popualar. The star in engaging stories and have interesting personalities.

Not that Superman doesn't have his share of great tales but lets face it they are few and far apart compared to those of the more popular characters listed above.

Grimm22
I dare Wolvertooth to show his face in the rate a debator thread no expression

I dare you

Accel
Originally posted by Alfheim
What is that it? Other superheroes dont feel that way either?
Sure, but not the same as Superman. The guy can basically hear crimes that happen every where on the planet, but he knows he can't be around to stop them all.

There's also the fact that is he were to stop every single small crime that goes on, then humanity would grow to become fully dependent upon him and would stop taking care of itself. In order to prevent such a thing from happening, Superman has to restrain himself from stopping every single mugging and whatnot that goes on in the world.

Alfheim
Sure, but not the same as Superman. The guy can basically hear crimes that happen every where on the planet, but he knows he can't be around to stop them all.

There's also the fact that is he were to stop every single small crime that goes on, then humanity would grow to become fully dependent upon him and would stop taking care of itself. In order to prevent such a thing from happening, Superman has to restrain himself from stopping every single mugging and whatnot that goes on in the world.

Well if you put it that way....

WrathfulDwarf
Why is Hal in the poll? He has the power to back up his claims. If Hal is overrated than by all means so is Silver Surfer.

olympian
Every single one of them.

With the exception of Hal, how is he overrated?

grey fox
eek!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b271/HBirdman/WW/ww023_bb4_jlu.gif

I'm surprised you didn't make that your avatar.

brainchild81
Originally posted by littleredhat
Why is everyone talking about powers? An increadibly powerful superhero can also be an increadably boring one.

Which is why I picked superman.

The power of a god and eight out of ten times the star of the most dull stories in comics.

I don't care how strong a hero is if he can't keep me entertained he sucks.

That is why Spider-Man,Wolverine and Batman are so popualar. The star in engaging stories and have interesting personalities.

Not that Superman doesn't have his share of great tales but lets face it they are few and far apart compared to those of the more popular characters listed above. Good post. Supes, Bats and Wolvie are all overrated, but @ least Wolvie & Bats are interesting and don't get new powers every week

Brutacus
Originally posted by brainchild81
Good post. Supes, Bats and Wolvie are all overrated, but @ least Wolvie & Bats are interesting and don't get new powers every week

Well Wolverine's healing factor seems to get better and better every time.

brainchild81
Agreed, but the day he gets Torquasm Vo, I'm done w/him.

Grimm22
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Why is Hal in the poll? He has the power to back up his claims. If Hal is overrated than by all means so is Silver Surfer.

Hal bear punches those who think is overrated wink

Grimm22
People who hate Supes have read one Superman story from either the early days or from the 90's and hate him.

Read any Superman story by Alan Moore or Superman: Secret Identity and you will love the character

brainchild81
Originally posted by Grimm22
People who hate Supes have read one Superman story from either the early days or from the 90's and hate him.Why do people always assume this kinda crap? It's always that or the always stupid "The world's f**ked up. That's why Supes ain't that popular anymore" Maybe he's just not that good of a character. Was T-Vo from the 90's?

bigbran
Originally posted by Grimm22
People who hate Supes have read one Superman story from either the early days or from the 90's and hate him.

Read any Superman story by Alan Moore or Superman: Secret Identity and you will love the character Same could be said about any character.

Black Panther is definately overated...

jasonk3
you people realize if anyone is overrated its spiderman, i mean in any vs forum situation his fan boys 'll argue that "Spiderman has The Spider Sense" which allows him to dodge virtually any attack. And then the 20 ton, agility and speed make spiderman seem as if he is untouchable

bigbran
Originally posted by jasonk3
you people realize if anyone is overrated its spiderman, i mean in any vs forum situation his fan boys 'll argue that "Spiderman has The Spider Sense" which allows him to dodge virtually any attack. And then the 20 ton, agility and speed make spiderman seem as if he is untouchable laughing laughing laughing
Just remembering some of your past posts, that make Wolverine supporters look like Wolverine haters.
laughing laughing
And your talking about Spiderman?

Accel
Why do people always assume this kinda crap? It's always that or the always stupid "The world's f**ked up. That's why Supes ain't that popular anymore" Maybe he's just not that good of a character. Was T-Vo from the 90's?
As if T-Vo was the reason you started hating him in the first place.

Rewmac

Actually I don't like the classic Panther. Only Kevin Casper Cole version and of course the Marvel Ultimate Alliance version. T'Challa had some nice fights but Kevin is da main man for me when it comes to Panther stuff. wink

brainchild81
Panther is far from overratedOriginally posted by Accel
As if T-Vo was the reason you started hating him in the first place. Nah. You missed the point. He's been involved in some lame @$$ shit post 90s. That assumption of his was bulls**t. No offence to him, but I'm getting sick of seeing sh*t like that. People are always like, "You don't like Supes 'cause you don't know enough about him. You've probably only read one of his books". WRONG! I wish they were right though. Truth is the more I know about Supes the more I hate him. I've read more of his books than I should have. To me & many other people out there, comic Supes's just too cheesey to tolerate. & DC seems bound & determined to make him cheesier.

Tha C-Master
you people realize if anyone is overrated its spiderman, i mean in any vs forum situation his fan boys 'll argue that "Spiderman has The Spider Sense" which allows him to dodge virtually any attack. And then the 20 ton, agility and speed make spiderman seem as if he is untouchable
I must be the only one (along with Zahit) that sees that all the Wolverine fanboys naturally hate Spiderman.... laughing it's too funny. He's canadian too... smile

Maybe he's Wolverine?

Doc Ock
Wolverine and Superman are the two most overrated heros ever.

Doc Ock

That reminds of the Batman fans with the whole "Prep time" wink

Grimm22
Same could be said about any character.

Not every character, not Gambit no expression

BP is not overrated, he's a great character who is being used right now by Marvel's attempts to make comics more "diverse" so they hire so piece of crap writer like Hudlin who makes every issue of Black Panther have to do with race.

Honestly what's next, giving Thing back his book and making every issue about him being Jewish?!?

Grimm22

Wolvertooth?

pr1983
Yea and look how he came back by "refusing'" to stay dead. I wasn't aware there was a choice involved in DEATH. And that has to be the lamest escuse for how a character came back i've ever heard, and there are some really really lame ones. Or dose he also have the power to be immortal in his unbealivible to long arsenal of powers aswell???

Secondly look at all the heros with far less or no powers that risk their lives constantly to save others and get no credit for it. No loving fans no tinker tank perades nada! Yet they get up everyday and do it again WITHOUT being unbreakable and able to move contents like free weights. Some of them knowing the very people they save will still hate them the next day.

So i ask again WHAT HAS HE EVER SACRAFICED!!!

so because he has more powers he sacrifices less?

No... the stuff he goes up against would kill most lesser powered heroes by sneezing on them...

maybe spiderman saves aunt may (and no disrespect to spidey, he's good at what he does), but superman saves the entire PLANET.

he has all these powers and he could easily just not bother trying to be a hero, yet he does it by choice... its completely up to him... to me that shows alot of character...

erm

eek!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b271/HBirdman/WW/ww013_spin2.gif

saw her in dukes of hazzard, she hasnt aged badly at all...

Panther is far from overrated Nah. You missed the point. He's been involved in some lame @$$ shit post 90s. That assumption of his was bulls**t. No offence to him, but I'm getting sick of seeing sh*t like that. People are always like, "You don't like Supes 'cause you don't know enough about him. You've probably only read one of his books". WRONG! I wish they were right though. Truth is the more I know about Supes the more I hate him. I've read more of his books than I should have. To me & many other people out there, comic Supes's just too cheesey to tolerate. & DC seems bound & determined to make him cheesier.

i don't think that accounts for all the superman comics... for every cheesy story there is a well written, well thought out one, especially nowadays imo...

if you don't like him thats fine, at least you had the decency to read his books before deciding, unlike most of the haters who come onto the forum...

Entity
so because he has more powers he sacrifices less?

No... the stuff he goes up against would kill most lesser powered heroes by sneezing on them...

YES, because he has more powers he sacrifices less, that is exactly part of what im saying. So what if he takes on Luther, Mongul, and Branica, he has the power to do it with almost certainty that he can't get hurt. So if he is never in any real danger how is what he does valiant or heroic? Look at Batman he has no powers and take on the same guys. The rest of the JLA isn't nearly as powerful as superman and yet they take on the same stuff.

He is not sacrificing because it is basicly imposibile to hurt him, he has nothing to lose, and its as easy for him to do the incredible things he does as it is for us to get out of bed and go to work. Yet i don't think im worthy of being a hero just because i am responsible enough to do the right thing when its no trouble for me to do it.....

When i see him actually have to sacrifice something permintally, then i will start to respect him. Otherwise, aside form his abilities he will never be close to being the type of hero, Spiderman, Batman, Silver Surfer, Barry Allen, Captain America, Daredevil, and Kyle Rayner just to name a few, are and will forever be.

Entity
And yes i have read quite a few Superman stories cause despite the way i feel for him i try to find something deeper in his character than the "world is black and white" BS that he is always hidding behind.
Captain America has, well use to have, a similiar outlook on the world but he was still fighting the odds all the time.

Superman doesn't fight the odds, he is the odds!
Like 100000000000000000000000000000000000000 to 1 odds.

Entity
I don't like him but Lex is even more of a hero than Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.