Here is an interesting scenario

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rambo
Ok, I'm not history major or anything but I know quite a bit, especially about certian time periods. Just suppose that there was no World War 2. that the only difference is that germany did not become a world power and did not invade any country, also that Japan didnt attack China in the 30s and just kept to themselves basically. My question is what country do you guys think would of came to power and invaded who. Also who would we be fighting.

Dusty
Communism in Russia would lead to a war, eventually. Stalin was one paranoid man. Sooner or later, he would accuse another country of something that would spark something of a war.

Lord Coal
^Agreed^

Stalin was an arse.

I think Japan would have remained a much more major power than they became or are today, Germany would've truly flourished without world war 2, and the French wouldn't face half the ridicule they do. ****ing quitters that they are.

Fishy
Stalin was an ass, but he would not have invaded Europe immediately. Poland first, which would have meant almost nothing from the allies, who then would probably have been smart enough to prepare. Especially since the rise of Communism was a huge problem in their own country's.

It would have been good for the colonizing country's that's for sure and Japan would have gone bankrupt and would have been destroyed because of the oil embargo's from the US....

KingTut
Eventually there would be another war. World War 1 hadn't settled European nationalism. I agree that Japan would be much more powerful today and so would have Germany. There would be too many powers though. War would be inevitable eventually.

Fishy
Originally posted by KingTut
Eventually there would be another war. World War 1 hadn't settled European nationalism. I agree that Japan would be much more powerful today and so would have Germany. There would be too many powers though. War would be inevitable eventually.

Germany was going bankrupt before Hitler came, they had no industry huge unemployement and more debts then any other country in the universe. World War II even when you look back at it, really wasn't that bad for Germany... Would have been better if they stopped just before invading Poland though.

Fire
Hitler certainly saved Germany from becoming a third world country. Only thing is, was it really worth it. A) he killed millions in the process, both the holocaust and the war, Plus after the war germany was right back where it started hadden't the allies helped it out it would have become a third world country again.

Fishy
Originally posted by Fire
Hitler certainly saved Germany from becoming a third world country. Only thing is, was it really worth it. A) he killed millions in the process, both the holocaust and the war, Plus after the war germany was right back where it started hadden't the allies helped it out it would have become a third world country again.

Yes but this times the allies learned from their mistakes after WWI or perhaps it was just because of the Russian threat... But whatever the case they helped they stayed and Western Germany profited greatly..

Was it worth it? I don't know, I guess most Germans today should be happy about it, though they will never admit it. And with most Germans I guess most Dutch people as well, after all most of our money comes from trade with Germany but we'll probably never admit it either... On the other hand we could have still had Indonesia if it wasn't for World War II...

Koenig
Tricky one, you need to go back to WW1 as these events shaped what was to come. What about America as well they were going though a hard time and the war helped there economy to pick up.

Fishy
Originally posted by Koenig
Tricky one, you need to go back to WW1 as these events shaped what was to come. What about America as well they were going though a hard time and the war helped there economy to pick up.

Every country in the world was losing money, but economical distress can only last a certain amount of time. America and most of Europe would have picked up sooner or later, the money from the colonies and the weak Western German lands might have just one day called for an invasion from neighboring country's. I don't think the western world besides Germany and "western" country's in Asia would have suffered much, in fact some of them might be richer.

Though the world would probably be a bit less stable.

WrathfulDwarf
No WWII=Communist Revolution all over Europe.

Excluding the UK of course.

Aliies
I could Imagine the events of The first RedAlert happening here, Communist Russia without the oppresion of the German invasion, they would've probably become a superpower. And we all know that those with power are afraid to lose it, especially with Stalin-The-Paranoid in charge.

Talking of which, I've been playing the First Decade, mostly the Red Alert series:
"You should be congratulated Comrade-General, see how the President Doo-gan ducks for cover!"

KingTut
Originally posted by Fishy
Germany was going bankrupt before Hitler came, they had no industry huge unemployement and more debts then any other country in the universe. World War II even when you look back at it, really wasn't that bad for Germany... Would have been better if they stopped just before invading Poland though.

Right. They shouldn't have attacked Poland. Austria was ignored by France and England and so was okay in the end. That has nothing to do with WWII, however, which resulted in millions of dead Germans and two countries instead of one. To say WWII wasn't bad for the Germans is foolish.

Fishy
Right. They shouldn't have attacked Poland. Austria was ignored by France and England and so was okay in the end. That has nothing to do with WWII, however, which resulted in millions of dead Germans and two countries instead of one. To say WWII wasn't bad for the Germans is foolish.

Economically speaking WWII helped them, or do you think that they would have been where they are now without WWII??

They would still be paying of their debts to the allied nations of WWI and would likely still not have a military or anything else making them worth anything. That would have hurt Europe in general.

WWII was not really something anybody should be happy about, but ignoring the progress it gave to the world is something that we should not do.

Then again it is kinda hard to predict exactly what would have happened without Hitler and WWII, so I can never be too sure about this. But I do believe Germany is better off with WWII in it's past then it would have been without it.

KingTut
Originally posted by Fishy
Economically speaking WWII helped them, or do you think that they would have been where they are now without WWII??

They would still be paying of their debts to the allied nations of WWI and would likely still not have a military or anything else making them worth anything. That would have hurt Europe in general.

WWII was not really something anybody should be happy about, but ignoring the progress it gave to the world is something that we should not do.

Then again it is kinda hard to predict exactly what would have happened without Hitler and WWII, so I can never be too sure about this. But I do believe Germany is better off with WWII in it's past then it would have been without it.

Let's imagine that Hitler came to power, cured Germanies depression, (this actually happened before WWII) and then takes out Austria. Germany is now a superpower, one country not two, and doesn't have to pay the price to the allies for the offensive.

Bardock42
Let's imagine that Hitler came to power, cured Germanies depression, (this actually happened before WWII) and then takes out Austria. Germany is now a superpower, one country not two, and doesn't have to pay the price to the allies for the offensive.

But opressed.

The way it works out, I am not afraid to admit, as a German, that it was better for me.

Go WWII w00t

Fishy

Like Bardock said Germany would still be in debt after that. And eventually the allies would perhaps force Germany to start paying that again. Besides if Hitler would not have planned to invade the rest of the world he would not have created such a strong military and their military was one of the reasons they got out of their economical hardship.

WWII made Germany stronger then it was before. Except for all the people that suffered because of World War II we should probably be happy that it happened. It's like the Roman Empire, it sucked to be conquered by them, but it did bring some kind of civilization through the world and now we are all mostly happy that Rome existed.

Bain
The US would only be a more successful form of the UK instead of a world wide powerhouse.....

KingTut
Originally posted by Bardock42
But opressed.

The way it works out, I am not afraid to admit, as a German, that it was better for me.

Go WWII w00t

Isn't unity more important than funds?

Fishy
Isn't unity more important than funds?

And how united would one be without the funds? Besides the world now especially in Europe is more united then it has ever been before. And likely wouldn't have been like this if it wasn't for WWII... After all the Cold war gave us a clear enemy and that created a long lasting peace and made us work together.

from that alliance came the natural results like the EU today.

Geek.mike
There would have been another war. No matter what Germany did, the cards were staked for another war.

IHateCaesar
You say it Geek

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.