A Nightmare on Elm Street (scaryest movie ever )

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
A Nightmare on Elm Street was voted scarest movies ever on yahoo !!
Good thing i havent seen it stick out tongue

BroLLy_LsSj
Originally posted by coolmovies
A Nightmare on Elm Street was voted scarest movies ever on yahoo !!
Good thing i havent seen it stick out tongue

Wrong

First Place

Was " The Exorcist "

2nd " Halloween "

And 3rd " A Nightmare on Elm Street " .

coolmovies
thats what was said on sky news

MildPossession
Wooooooo Hoooooooo, wow, voted by only what 1000 people. Even Hostel was in that list, what rubbish.

hazel1
Can someone post the link to the vote thing plz?

cropsy_is_god
Elm street films are boring.

Spartan005
Originally posted by BroLLy_LsSj
Wrong

First Place

Was " The Exorcist "

2nd " Halloween "

And 3rd " A Nightmare on Elm Street " .

Funny how none of those movies scared me at all... especially the exorcist

Big Sexy
Neither me. I was bothered by Omen when I was younger. Suspiria scared the ish out of me when I was younger.

vintageSW77
http://www.collectormaniagmex.co.uk/

So cool
this is about 15 mins from where i live
Englund and the orig Jason in person plus a leatherface noob.
ill post pics when ive been

cropsy_is_god
i wanted to see Halloween so badly when i finally got to see it i fell asleep. The exorcist is funny and elm street was kinda boring at some parts.

Kelly_LS
NOES wasn't even scary, how the hell could it even get 1st-3rd place.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Kelly_LS
NOES wasn't even scary, how the hell could it even get 1st-3rd place. Actually it was a scary movie but the other installments in the series took away from the fear set in one. Instead of a boogeyman time he became a joker which was cool for a few movies but he became less scary.

Kelly_LS
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Actually it was a scary movie but the other installments in the series took away from the fear set in one. Instead of a boogeyman time he became a joker which was cool for a few movies but he became less scary.
It was in your opinion, it wasn't in mine.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Kelly_LS
It was in your opinion, it wasn't in mine. Then your the exception to the rule. Most people that I have talked to that saw A Nightmare on Elm Street when it first came to movie theatres felt it was scary. Those that are in their early twentys or younger didn't. Thats probably because of the later installments in the series killed any sense of fear established in one before the freddy character became a horror icon and a joker. I personally didn't find it scarier probably because I'm twenty but when I talk to others in their 30s or 40s, they speak of how generally afraid they were of the first film.

Kelly_LS
Well I've been watching horror movies all of my life, they're pretty much my favorite genre of movie so I guess that's got to count for something, aye? It was a good movie, no disagreement on that, but it just didn't scare me. I've yet to actually see a movie that does.

vintageSW77
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Then your the exception to the rule. Most people that I have talked to that saw A Nightmare on Elm Street when it first came to movie theatres felt it was scary. Those that are in their early twentys or younger didn't. Thats probably because of the later installments in the series killed any sense of fear established in one before the freddy character became a horror icon and a joker. I personally didn't find it scarier probably because I'm twenty but when I talk to others in their 30s or 40s, they speak of how generally afraid they were of the first film.

Your right EVERYONE thought it was scary as hell on its release...i was one of em.
Part 2 had a kind of feverish nightmare quality about it too viewed on release at the cinema.
3 and upwards were just fun popcorn horror flicks.

Napkin Thief
I never considered NOES scary... Freddy scary? I'm too young to have seen NOES in theatres when it was released so Ive grown up with Freddy as hell's favorite comedy all my life.

Newjak
I've grown up with horror movies I mean it me and my Grandpa used to sit down and watch them all the time me and my dad as well.

I was really young though when I saw NOES and it was the scariest movie I had ever watched. The reason because Freddy could kill you when your asleep and can't fight back really.

That concept scared me more than any other Horror Movie ever has.

Krone
Nightmare on Elmstreet is about as scary as Elmo, the Shining has to be one of the scariest films ever!!

Kelly_LS
Originally posted by Krone
Nightmare on Elmstreet is about as scary as Elmo, the Shining has to be one of the scariest films ever!!
I'm in half agreement. You're right with the first part, but not the second. . The Shining didn't scare me either.

Graveyard Shift
This doesn't surprise me.

The concept of A Nightmare on elm Street is perhaps the most disturbing thing I've ever heard about in my life. The idea that some unkillable spectre awaits you in your dreams is insane. Can you imagine how you feel when you haven't had enough sleep? Well, add the tension, nervousness, and paranoia that your mind and body would have to endure... that would be the most insane thing ever.

Sleeping, you've gotta feel like you're at a state of rest. Knowing that there's something lurking for you when you sleep could turn a person insane.

BroLLy_LsSj
Well nothing scare me , Exorcist sucks , Nightmare On Elm Street <----{Buuuuuuuu sUCKS , " Halloween " Take the first place - 4=me -

Espantada23
I just disagree that NOES ranks as the scariest movie ever...not going to argue with anyone about,I just don't think it deserves a number 1 ranking...but I do agree the first 2 were good and did scare me as a kid,but they got to campy and turned into a total joke after that...And any bad thing said abou the Shining is blasphemy.

vintageSW77
Id say SUSPIRIA is the scariest movie ever.

Grimm22
Originally posted by BroLLy_LsSj
Wrong

First Place

Was " The Exorcist "

That movie didn't scare me that much

Heck, the only scene that scared me was the ghostly demon face during the priest's dream, that scared the ***t out of me eek!

Heck, the Exorcism of Emily Rose, was more frightening that the Exorcist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.