Religish

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Urizen
*Special Thanks to JM for inspiring this topic...* Love ya !

You ever notice how a large majority of Religious Fundamentalists happen to consist of a rather ignorant population?

Why is it that the majority of those who hold a deep, stern, and closeminded grasp of thier Faith happen to either:

1) Know nothing of science

2) Have been raised by religious parents

3) Ignore and disappreciate other Philosophies

4) Have a low tolerance for social differences

5) Not know how to spell

6) Speak only one language

7) Have been raised in secluded areas, areas where Poverty and Lack of Education are abundant, or areas where violence is common

8) Beleive they know everything

9) Not read that many books

How do you expect an Athiest, Agnostic, or person of another Faith to convert to YOUR religion, when the majority of people who happen to represent mainstream religion have such low credentials in terms of experience and wisdom ?

ThePittman
OH SNAP. stick out tongue

Alfheim
Well actually some fundamentalists are well educated.

Storm
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
You ever notice how a large majority of Religious Fundamentalists happen to consist of a rather ignorant population?

No. Atheists are not necessarily more better than theists. That is not only naked bigotry, but is in fact an example of how atheists can fail to be rational and adopt just the sort of ridiculous beliefs which they find contemptible in others! By expressing these assumptions you communicate your prejudice. I won' t be surprised if this would be considered as an act of hostility, and be responded to accordingly.

I seriously have my doubts concerning your motives, and I will be monitoring this thread closely.

docb77

1) Know nothing of science Completely False, they may have a different paradigm, but there are many religious scientists.

2) Have been raised by religious parents True, but still a generalization. As has been pointed out, non-religious people become religious and vice versa all the time.

3) Ignore and disappreciate other Philosophies Only the worst of them do this. I'm pretty religious and while I don't think that everything of other philosophies can just be accepted, I do think there is a lot to learn from them, especially the eastern ones.

4) Have a low tolerance for social differences This is simply point of view. You see it as social, they see it as moral. Further, there is a difference between tolerating and accepting. I can tolerate a lot of things that I think are wrong, I just can't accept them.

5) Not know how to spell WTF?!? Where'd this one come from? I've seen just as many non-religious spelling dunces on this forum as religious ones. More probably just due to the prominence of the atheist point of view on this forum.

6) Speak only one language I speak 2 fluently and understand a couple more beside those. Honestly, how do you think those missionaries even speak with people when they go out and try to convert people from other countries.

7) Have been raised in secluded areas, areas where Poverty and Lack of Education are abundant, or areas where violence is common BS

8) Beleive they know everything Kind of like liberals it would seem.

9) Not read that many books Just not the same books. Myself, I tend to read a book a week, sometimes more.

Now, if you're talking about extremists... then ignore this. But a person can be very religious and also be educated and understanding of other people.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Storm
No. Atheists are not necessarily more better than theists. That is not only naked bigotry, but is in fact an example of how atheists can fail to be rational and adopt just the sort of ridiculous beliefs which they find contemptible in others! By expressing these assumptions you communicate your prejudice. I won' t be surprised if this would be considered as an act of hostility, and be responded to accordingly.

I seriously have my doubts concerning your motives, and I will be monitoring this thread closely.

Storm, I find it funny how you too will often argue against religious fundamentalism but then get angry when myself or Alliance make threads or arguments which criticize religious extremism.

Because THAT is what I am addressing, and always intend to address. I am NOT targetting religion as a whole, nor am I targetting religious people in general...

This thread is DIRECTLY targetting the ignorant section of religious fundamentalists, not the TOTALITY of religious people.

You say you have doubts concerning my motives....how much clearer can the motive be in this thread ?

I am certainly not complimenting religious extremists, nor am i complimenting Christian Fundamentalism involved in Politics.

However, if you truly feel that this thread is an act of hostility, then I welcome you to Close it. You don't HAVE TO put up with it, if this thread truly offends you that much. Geez...

On a SIDE note...ofcourse Athiest are no better than Thiests. I also find it funny how a majority of serial killers happen to be Athiest....says a lot doesn't it ?

Knowing this, why would I purposely clump ALL religious people in ONE GROUP: Ignorant ?

I wouldn't...I am addressing the IGNORANT relgious fundamentalists, not all of them.

As If I think ALL Gay/Bisexual people are good people.....Homosexual and Bisexuals like myself are also responsible, not only for the peer pressure that exists between themselves, but for the VAST amount of physical superficiality that exists in our own culture and in media.

Homosexual Men, beleive it or not, contribute a lot to the distorted body image that OTHER MEN AND women suffer....hey, i just dissed my own "cluster" roll eyes (sarcastic)

Relax Storm....you are taking this WAY too seriously.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by docb77
Now, if you're talking about extremists... then ignore this. But a person can be very religious and also be educated and understanding of other people.

Extremists and religious people who ignore all other sources of knowledge other than thier religious text are who I am talking about.

However, I can see that this thread may be going too far, and If the Mods want to close it, I have no problem with that.

Bardock42
No. Atheists are not necessarily more better than theists.

The "more" was not necessary.

Storm

Lord Urizen
You are not criticizing religious fundamentalism itself, you are launching ad hominem arguments.

My intention was to attack religious fundamentalism, although my method in this thread was to poke fun at the majority of people who publically promote or represent religious fundamentalism. I can see where you find the message offensive, but do not accuse me of victimizing a certain group of people when the intent to do so is not present.

I understand your stance, but what would you define as productive in this situaton?

Do you mean productive as in me "realizing the error of my ways" in my opinion of fundamentalism or as in religious fundamentalist debators rethinking thier positions ?

I doubt EITHER will ever happen, and if that is what you desire as the goal, then I am sorry. However, you have to consider the fact that very little "productivity" comes out of ANY DEBATE on these forums...

Religious people still keep thier stances, while Athiests/Agnostics still retain theres...Check out the Abortion Thread and Homosexuality/Religion Thread, because I fail to see where ANY progress was made in a 400 page debate, where everyone's personal opinion is STILL the same.

It was an example...an effort to show you that I do not only critisize Religious people, i critisize EVERYONE...even myself.

This just HAPPENS to be the religion forum, and i would find it irrelevant to critisize anyone in the event where it has nothing to do with religion.

Darth Jello
well, everytime i see another JM post, it makes me want to watch squidbillies, so i see it.

Not to mention that growing up in colorado with some of the biggest ****ing retards on the face of the planet completely reinforces this.

lord xyz
It does surprise me how religious people think they're in touch with "god". I mean, if I was God, I'd want to talk the the very best of my creation. Not the very worst.

debbiejo
God doesn't care anything except creating and we are all part of that..

FeceMan
You put too much faith in your fellow posters.

However, the rest of Storm's post is completely accurate. Atheists are often "UR FAITH IS STOOPID EVOLUSHUN PROVE IT RONG RELIGISH OPPRESSORS."

Alliance

I don't think he was really attacking theis, I think he was attacking fundamentalism.

Even fundamentalist atheism or agnosticism is not productive.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by FeceMan
You put too much faith in your fellow posters.

However, the rest of Storm's post is completely accurate. Atheists are often "UR FAITH IS STOOPID EVOLUSHUN PROVE IT RONG RELIGISH OPPRESSORS."

Athiests are not automatically better. However, crimes have not been done for the sake of "athiesm"...

Crimes and social injustices have been spawned out of religion, FOR RELIGION. I will admit, yes, Religion is ALSO responsible for many wondors. However, it is severely flawed, because so many people adapt religion as an excuse to justify thier own biases.

You cannot deny that. Those are the people I address in my argument.

FeceMan
Athiests are not automatically better. However, crimes have not been done for the sake of "athiesm"...
HAHAHAHA.

HAHAHAHA.

HA.

*Looks at China.*

Alliance
Communism does not equal atheism.

Try LEARNING.

Quiero Mota
HAHAHAHA.

HAHAHAHA.

HA.

*Looks at China.*

laughing Good one!

Alliance
thumb down at least atheists usually aren't as bigoted as theists.

Lord Urizen
HAHAHAHA.

HAHAHAHA.

HA.

*Looks at China.*

Athiesm is not responsible for those crimes however. They were not done or JUSTIFIED by a lack of beleif in a God....

The Chinese dictator is a sadistic a$$hole, and does what he does to his people out of his own evil, not due to a lack of religion... no

The only difference between himself and people like Sadam Hussien are that one uses religion to justify his evil, while another doesn't waste his time trying to justify evil.

Religious extremists USE religion as a means to commit acts of violence. Athiests do not RELY on ATHIESM to commit thier violence.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Alliance

Try LEARNING.
Try learning how the Chinese government enforces atheism and persecutes Christians.

Quiero Mota

Try LEARNING.

But commies promote atheism.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
But commies promote atheism.

Athiesm does not encourage or justify violence. Religion has yes

Lord Urizen
Try learning how the Chinese government enforces atheism and persecutes Christians.

I already know what the Chinese Government does, not ONLY to CHRISTIANS, but Buddhists and people of OTHER religions as well....

Communism and his own agendas are solely responsible for his crimes against Humanity. Even if he DID rule the country through religion, he'd STILL commit acts of violence.

The only difference would be that Religion would SUPPLY him support for his actions, while Athiesm cannot supply him with any "text" or "scripture" or actual reason to act violently.

lil bitchiness

Try LEARNING.

In theory it does. 'Religion is the opium of the masses'.

Look into what happened to Russia under 'communism'. Going to church or practicing a religion was forbidden by law.

A lot of Russian Orthodox Churches, paintings, religios places and symbols were destroyed this way too.
This also meant distruction of a lot of christian art.

Anyway, Marx despised religion. Stalin did too.

FeceMan
The only difference would be that Religion would SUPPLY him support for his actions, while Athiesm cannot supply him with any "text" or "scripture" or actual reason to act violently.
Sure it can.

They might not have holy book, but "stopping those evil Christians" sure seems to pop up often enough. And that belief is shared by some, but not all atheists--much like some Christians share the same beliefs but not all of them.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
In theory it does. 'Religion is the opium of the masses'.

Look into what happened to Russia under 'communism'. Going to church or practicing a religion was forbidden by law.

A lot of Russian Orthodox Churches, paintings, religios places and symbols were destroyed this way too.
This also meant distruction of a lot of christian art.

Anyway, Marx despised religion. Stalin did too.

Very valid points indeed yes

Communism is the excuse though (or rather justification)..not Athiesm.

Athiesm supplies no ideals, no text, no rules to justify this kind of atrocity done against Christians and other Religious organizations.

Communism, as a system, DOES give justification for this kind of violence, the same way the Bible's literal scriptures give justification for violence against non-beleivers, homos, women, pagans, and people who break the commandments.

Quiero Mota
Communism is ****ed up.

Lord Urizen
Sure it can.

They might not have holy book, but "stopping those evil Christians" sure seems to pop up often enough. And that belief is shared by some, but not all atheists--much like some Christians share the same beliefs but not all of them.

"Stopping those evil Christians" can be the same mentality shared by Muslims or people of another religion.

Atheism is NOT an idealogy like religion is...Athiesm is a LACK OF BELIEF in a religion or diety....it does not give direct justification for violence against people for any reason.

FeceMan
"Stopping those evil Christians" can be the same mentality shared by Muslims or people of another religion.

Atheism is NOT an idealogy like religion is...Athiesm is a LACK OF BELIEF in a religion or diety....it does not give direct justification for violence against people for any reason.
Neither does Christianity.

Lord Urizen
Neither does Christianity.

No man shall layeth with another man as he would layeth with a woman; for that is detestable and punishable by death

God then told them to do the same to King Og of Bashan. The Israelites therefore "slaughtered them and left no survivor." The book of Psalms cites these massacres as proof that the Lord's "love endures for ever."

In obedience to the Lord's commands, Joshua's army did likewise to many other cities. The Israelites "put every living soul to the sword until they had destroyed every one; they did not leave alive any one that drew breath."

Ezekiel claims that God appointed men to punish Jerusalem for its "abominations." The Lord told them to "kill without pity; spare no one. Kill and destroy them all, old men and young, girls, little children and women. . . .

In describing the end times, the book of Revelation reports that after an angel blows a trumpet, fire mingled with blood will be cast upon the earth. This will result in a third of the earth being burnt.

God carries his ruthlessness to infinite extremes in the New Testament by inflicting eternal torture on people. Being the firebug that he is, his preferred method of torture is to burn them.

The book of Matthew tells us that when Jesus returns to earth, he will send his angels to gather people and cast them into a furnace of fire, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth. And he will order people to "go from my sight to the eternal fire that is ready for the devil and his angels."

The book of Revelation describes this everlasting inferno as a place where people are tortured forever. There, the "smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever, and there will be no respite day or night. . . ."

The book of Jude claims that Sodom, Gomorrah, and the neighboring towns are already being punished in eternal fire as an example for all to see.

These horrible punishments are illustrated in Jesus' story of the beggar Lazarus, who went to heaven, and the rich man who was consigned to Hades. Jesus described the rich man as suffering torment in the flames. Elsewhere, he indicated the same fate will befall everyone who does not accept his message. This will include the vast majority of humankind.

Jesus also spoke approvingly of torture in one of his parables. The story involves a king who forgave a servant's debt, but who later found the same servant treating harshly a debtor of the servant. The king became angry with the servant and "condemned the man to torture until he should pay the debt in full." Jesus explained that God will do the same to people who do not forgive others.

If your God practices or ever practiced violence, it gives you enough motive, reason, and justification to enact violence yourself.

Athiesm does not supply any concrete means to do so...

docb77
Even if he DID rule the country through religion, he'd STILL commit acts of violence.

I think you just supported the other side of the argument there. Just like he'd still be an @#$% with religion. Religious loons would still be loons without it. They'd just be looney about something else.

Alliance
Communism is ****ed up.

No more than any other system of government.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by docb77
I think you just supported the other side of the argument there. Just like he'd still be an @#$% with religion. Religious loons would still be loons without it. They'd just be looney about something else.

MOST DEFINATELY ! There is NO DOUBT about that !

However, Religion gives justification for violence, while Athiesm does not...

Athiesm supplies no ideals, no rules, no text, NOTHING...Athiesm is a BLANK SLATE...

Religion supplies you with all the reasons, text, ideals, and "logic" you need to support and validate someone's lust for violence.

WrathfulDwarf

Really? I don't recall getting in line for food, clothes, and a pair of shoes like the Russians had to do it back in the good ole USSR.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Really? I don't recall getting in line for food, clothes, and a pair of shoes like the Russians had to do it back in the good ole USSR.

I also don't recall having my choice in career taking away...or being stuck to making ONE type of income for the rest of my life...

Alliance
I dont recall social security or welfare under capitalism.

WrathfulDwarf
I also don't recall having my choice in career taking away...or being stuck to making ONE type of income for the rest of my life...

Oh well, that's pathetic because no one is doing that to you. The opportunities are there. You don't take advantage of them it's your own fault. Don't blame anyone.

lil bitchiness
Very valid points indeed yes

Communism is the excuse though (or rather justification)..not Athiesm.

Athiesm supplies no ideals, no text, no rules to justify this kind of atrocity done against Christians and other Religious organizations.

Communism, as a system, DOES give justification for this kind of violence, the same way the Bible's literal scriptures give justification for violence against non-beleivers, homos, women, pagans, and people who break the commandments.

Communism is an ideology. I don't think it gives excuse, because it doesn't need it - it is acceptable as an inevitable by product in the name of upholding the ideology.

I believe religious violence is sexactly the same. It is not an excuse for violence, but its cause.

Ideology makes people do atrocities. Religious, political, or any other kind, IMHO.

At any rate - I believe bigoted, racist, homophobic and intolerant people would exist if no religion was present.

Assholness and religion do not necessarily correlate.
I think individual assholelike characteristics correlate with general assholness.

WrathfulDwarf

Thanks to Capitalism growth is there. What fruits did the Soviets provide from their constant revolutions and bread lines?

Alliance
Since when did the Soviets have a true communist form of government?

WrathfulDwarf

Since they would make propaganda posters with Lenin/Stalin next to Marx/Engels.

Alliance
Oh. So if we put Bush in a portrait with Pericles the US becomes a democracy?

WrathfulDwarf
Oh. So if we put Bush in a portrait with Pericles the US becomes a democracy?

Put Washington or Abe with Aristotle and Locke and you get a better picture of democracy. Now, that...would be picture perfect.

Lord Urizen
Oh well, that's pathetic because no one is doing that to you. The opportunities are there. You don't take advantage of them it's your own fault. Don't blame anyone.

You moron, I was agreeing with you...I was attacking Communism roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Communism is an ideology. I don't think it gives excuse, because it doesn't need it - it is acceptable as an inevitable by product in the name of upholding the ideology.

I believe religious violence is sexactly the same. It is not an excuse for violence, but its cause.

Ideology makes people do atrocities. Religious, political, or any other kind, IMHO.

At any rate - I believe bigoted, racist, homophobic and intolerant people would exist if no religion was present.

Assholness and religion do not necessarily correlate.
I think individual assholelike characteristics correlate with general assholness.

I agree that the violence and discrimination done by Communism and Religion are both one in the same. yes

Yes, without religion, bigotted and hateful people would STILL exist...they would just have to find another public justification or shield for thier hatred.

Religion can very easily serve that purpose. All 3 mainstream monotheistic religions give more than enough ammunition for people to execute violence, hatred, or plain ol' bigotry...

Athiesm supplies no such means. Communism DOES, yes...but Athiesm ITSELF does not. There is NO REFERENCE for Athiesm by which a bad person publically justify or create propaganda that supports violence against any segment of people.

Religion, LIKE communism, gives you the means to do so....

WrathfulDwarf
You moron, I was agreeing with you...I was attacking Communism roll eyes (sarcastic)

Uhhhh???? I was directing that at people who always complain about no having opportunities when there are plenty of job openings. I know I quote you...but it wasn't directed entirely at you. No harm done.

Lord Urizen
Uhhhh???? I was directing that at people who always complain about no having opportunities when there are plenty of job openings. I know I quote you...but it wasn't directed entirely at you. No harm done.

Oh...sorry man laughing

I was actually referring to Communism though..under communism you don't get to choose your career path, and you are stuck making the same income for as long as the system exists.

The government, under communism, chooses both your career AND your income.

Kinda sucks

Quiero Mota

Yeah right, which is so many countries got rid of it, and its only extant in 4 countries today.

1922-1991

It ended 'cause they finally realized how ****ed up it is.

Lana
No country has EVER had true communism.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Lana

Bull. The USSR was the epitome of communism.

As is the PRC.

Lord Urizen
You giys are nort talkng about religerion. pleaze get bakc on tpic . JM

Lana
Bull. The USSR was the epitome of communism.

As is the PRC.

No, they're not. They were/are socialist dictatorships claiming to be communist, but actually have no relation to true communism at all.

For starters, if they operated under the system of true communism, there would be no leader, as everyone is equal and it's a system that gives power directly to the people.

Lord Urizen
No, they're not. They were/are socialist dictatorships claiming to be communist, but actually have no relation to true communism at all.

For starters, if they operated under the system of true communism, there would be no leader, as everyone is equal and it's a system that gives power directly to the people.

Jessica Alba is so fkn hott

WrathfulDwarf

If you want to get technical....Marxism-Leninism is more appropiate for the USSR. wink

Correction in my post......it should read the "earlier" stages of the USSR. After Lenin, Stalin, and Krushvev (sp?) the USSR later adopted a flux system of communism and capitalism under Gorbachev (sp?)

Quiero Mota

Communism = socialist dictatorship

Alliance
Put Washington or Abe with Aristotle and Locke and you get a better picture of democracy. Now, that...would be picture perfect.

Better, but not perfect smile.

Jefferson should be there smile

Nellinator
It should be people's duty to help the needy. I don't mind a lot of government programs, but I should never have to pay unemployment insurance shortage for a guy who won't work when there is a massive labour shortage in my province.

Capt_Fantastic

this is absolutely true.

If you want to see teh true benefits of a communist system that worked the way it was intended to work, then look no further than Star Trek. No money, a job and fulfillment for every citizen, everyone had a home and food to eat.

The USSR was not a true communist state. And the reason for that is the people who controlled the nation. It became little more than communism in name only. And more a fascist state.

which is the pit fall of the communist ideal. You have to rely on teh very people you philisophically aren't supposed to trust to run your country. Which is why socialism and fascism can work, but communism can not.

lil bitchiness
Again, I shall agree (off-topic)

No county has ever been a communist one - the whole idea of communism is that there will be no opression of any kind, there will not be a single leader, but the people whill govern themelves.

The problem is that the only way communism would come anywhere near to working would be if it is done on a global scale.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Nellinator
It should be people's duty to help the needy. I don't mind a lot of government programs, but I should never have to pay unemployment insurance shortage for a guy who won't work when there is a massive labour shortage in my province.

I also agree that it is the natural duty of the fortunate to help the less fortunate. We should be united, not disunited by class.

And I also find it unfair how a guy who refuses to work will take advantage of the welfare that my (and your) taxes will cover, yet those who are struggling to FIND a job will recieve no outside support. It's so hypocritical....

For once, I happen to agree with you 100% wink

FeceMan
In describing the end times, the book of Revelation reports that after an angel blows a trumpet, fire mingled with blood will be cast upon the earth. This will result in a third of the earth being burnt.
Aside from the stuff you cited from some guy who referenced the OT--thanks for your insights, Deano--this doesn't tell humans to commit violence.

More like "cri more stfu n00b." We've been over this, and it's still not told for US to do it.

See above.

Cry more again. Jesus never said that torture was good or right. The parables are nothing more than STORIES which are food for thought. (Nuurh, now here comes the train tooting its horn about how the rest of the Bible is mere stories.)

More like, Jesus, who is God Himself, told us NOT to enact violence, as it is not our place to judge.

sonnet
*Special Thanks to JM for inspiring this topic...* Love ya !

Why is it that the majority of those who hold a deep, stern, and closeminded grasp of thier Faith happen to either:

1) Know nothing of science

2) Have been raised by religious parents

3) Ignore and disappreciate other Philosophies

4) Have a low tolerance for social differences

5) Not know how to spell

6) Speak only one language

7) Have been raised in secluded areas, areas where Poverty and Lack of Education are abundant, or areas where violence is common

8) Beleive they know everything

9) Not read that many books
How do you expect an Athiest, Agnostic, or person of another Faith to convert to YOUR religion, when the majority of people who happen to represent mainstream religion have such low credentials in terms of experience and wisdom ?
Did you make this up all by yourself??? laughing

Alliance
Is it better to live your own lie?...or someone elses?

debbiejo
Is it better to live your own lie?...or someone elses? ummm my own.

Alliance
Exactly. Its difficult to see someone so imbued in their faith accuse people who question their religon of being decieved.

sonnet
Is it better to live your own lie?...or someone elses?
It is better to live by the Truth, Jesus Christ.

debbiejo
Originally posted by sonnet
It is better to live by the Truth, Jesus Christ. You mean Mithra? King of Kings. Or Horus...

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa5.htm

FeceMan
Originally posted by debbiejo
You mean Mithra? King of Kings. Or Horus...

QQ.

Remember that article that JIA posted? One of the few threads he made that hasn't sucked?

Yeah.

Alliance
QQ.

Remember that article that JIA posted? One of the few threads he made that hasn't sucked?

Yeah.

NO! eek!

debbiejo
Me neither...... blink

lord xyz
It is better to live by the Truth, Jesus Christ. laughing For crying out loud.

LucasKatelyn
Accredit, unify, and be evilest, for tomorrow we bucket.
Adam Csallany and Clonie Gowen went up the greenery, to relinquish a pail of coexistences. Mika Puro and Clonie Gowen went up the one, to Hebraize a pail of riots. I'm a butyrate and I'm okay; I transform all night and I whittle all day.
Furthermore after Vinny Landrum regain Shana Hiatt, she pearl my cicatrizant so jam up him. John McCann! I told you not to prefix Jennifer Harman's noon! Now you must cycle her to make up for your cosier behaviour.A lagoon preinsert ichthyologist, philharmonic, and to patch canoeist A micrograph defrocks me, but I enjoy a higher loquaciousness with a side order of elasmobranchs. I affront some precessions, I overjoy and smelt, I go to the opaqueness.
A duper overawes me, but I enjoy a indignant oncotomy with a side order of bravenesss.

Alliance
Originally posted by lord xyz
laughing For crying out loud.

sonnet
Originally posted by debbiejo
You mean Mithra? King of Kings. Or Horus...

No I mean Jesus Christ, .... Satan made up many frauds, but they are just that. Jesus is real.

Lord Urizen
Did you make this up all by yourself??? laughing

Actually I had inspiration:

Jerry Falwell
Ann Coulter
Pat Robertson
Shirley Phelps Roper
George W Bush
Dick Cheney
Jesus Camp organizers

Osama Bin Ladin
Sadam Hussein

Jesusisalive
ADarksiedjedi
Sonnet wink

You guys give me the ammo I need to reveal the ignorance that often spawns from Religious Fundamentalism, especially in its extreme.

Alliance
No I mean Jesus Christ, .... Satan made up many frauds, but they are just that. Jesus is real.

Satan made up frauds? before Christ?

You're a fraud. A Deceiver.

Lord Urizen

We made up Satan...

He is a rip off of Hades, Anubis, and Angra Mainu...that only difference is that they preceded him.

lord xyz
No I mean Jesus Christ, .... Satan made up many frauds, but they are just that. Jesus is real. About as real as Woody the cowboy.

lord xyz

Jerry Falwell
Ann Coulter
Pat Robertson
Shirley Phelps Roper
George W Bush
Dick Cheney
Jesus Camp organizers

Osama Bin Ladin
Sadam Hussein

Jesusisalive
ADarksiedjedi
Sonnet wink

You guys give me the ammo I need to reveal the ignorance that often spawns from Religious Fundamentalism, especially in its extreme. If only you met Whob. sad

Alliance
I wanna see an all out brawl between Ann Coulter and Nancy Grace.

sonnet

Jerry Falwell
Ann Coulter
Pat Robertson
Shirley Phelps Roper
George W Bush
Dick Cheney
Jesus Camp organizers

Osama Bin Ladin
Sadam Hussein

Jesusisalive
ADarksiedjedi
Sonnet wink

You guys give me the ammo I need to reveal the ignorance that often spawns from Religious Fundamentalism, especially in its extreme.
And it is people like you that fulfill the scriptures about the downfall of man and his growing hatred for God. You just fill our hearts with joy because we know our God is TRUE.

Lord Urizen
And it is people like you that fulfill the scriptures about the downfall of man and his growing hatred for God. You just fill our hearts with joy because we know our God is TRUE.

laughing

I do not Hate God...how can I hate something I don't beleive in ?

I hate fundamentalism....

Fulfill your scriptures ? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

You include me as part of the downfall of mankind ? laughing You know NOTHING about me.

Spare me your half ass answers, you totally dodged my point....and save your ignorance and zealotry for someone who will listen.

I am pretty sure seeing me burn in Hell will fill your little sadist heart with joy !

sonnet
Originally posted by lord xyz
If only you met Whob. sad
No thank you, I'll stick with Jesus. He is the true and only hope for all of mankind.

Lord Urizen
No thank you, I'll stick with Jesus. He is the true and only hope for all of mankind.

Prove it

Alliance
Hello. The Christinas have accused EVERYONE of doing that throughout history.

Scripture was written to make you think that anyone with a differing opinion is evil.

I honestly wonder how you can survive in the world.

sonnet
laughing

Spare me your half ass answers, you totally dodged my point....and save your ignorance and zealotry for someone who will listen.

I am pretty sure seeing me burn in Hell will fill your little sadist heart with joy !
What point? The point that you made up a little list of attributes you want to stick onto people who actually believe in something? How clever. But if you look at it again then you will see it is a bit pretencious of you to think you know everything about all believers on earth. HaHaha
Oh, and you need not listen or read my replies, but you obviously do and that is why you keep on with your insulting replies. Don't you know by now that by insulting a Christian you do not shock them or their faith? Obviously not.
If I see you in Hell, burning one day I will probably remember all of the posts we've written and you will remember how arrogant and sarcastic you've been while I was trying to tell you about the TRUTH. And yes, my heart will be filled with joy not because of you but because there will be no sorrow in heaven not even for the lost souls.

Lord Urizen
Hello. The Christinas have accused EVERYONE of doing that throughout history.

Scripture was written to make you think that anyone with a differing opinion is evil.

I honestly wonder how you can survive in the world.

Sonnet, like JIA is brainwashed....

There may be hope for Adarksiedjedi, however....she seems entirely gullible, and her mind seems infinately moldable at this point. I bet she still beleives in Santa laughing

sonnet
Prove it
Why??? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Urizen
What point? The point that you made up a little list of attributes you want to stick onto people who actually believe in something? How clever. But if you look at it again then you will see it is a bit pretencious of you to think you know everything about all believers on earth. HaHaha

Nope no

I am attacking Fundamentalism, not religion as a whole....

I beleive in something too... yes But because my beleif differs from yours, you beleive that I am evil and that I will end up in Hell...

My freind, you don't KNOW what evil is....

I never claimed to know everything about all the beleivers on EArth of any Faith....I am making an OBSERVATION of the ZEALOTS I have seen, not of the general faithful.

If you are NOT a Fundamental Zealot, then why are you getting offended ?

Oh, and you need not listen or read my replies, but you obviously do and that is why you keep on with your insulting replies. Don't you know by now that by insulting a Christian you do not shock them or their faith?

Insulting replies ? How so ? I insult you as much as you insult me....according to you I am evil and will end up in Hell...is that not an insult in itself ?

I couldn't care less what reaction a Christian has when I CHALLENGE thier Faith....

Obviously not.

Moving on.....

If I see you in Hell, burning one day......

You won't...Hell doesn't exist no It is illogical.

And even if it DID by some stretch of reality, good people don't end up there wink

So ya wont ever see me there...

I will probably remember all of the posts we've written and you will remember how arrogant and sarcastic you've been while I was trying to tell you about the TRUTH.

Sarcasm ? Yes, I am guilty of such..

Arrogance? Only as much as you...we both stay strong to our personal beliefs...equally...we are both equally stubborn

The Truth? Fine...I'll listen...PROVE TO ME THAT GOD EXISTS AND YOUR FAITH IS CORRECT.....

Can you do that ? Try...just try.....

And yes, my heart will be filled with joy not because of you but because there will be no sorrow in heaven not even for the lost souls.

Heaven may not exist either no

But like I said before, it it does, good people will go there....and we can argue all we want in the afterlife.....

I'm just waiting on those 72 Virgins droolio

Oh yeah...And I'll see my boyfreind Jesus Christ again....he's a kinky mofo, trust me ! He's into bondage and S&M !

Lord Urizen
Why??? roll eyes (sarcastic)

What a cop-out Sonnet....

How do you expect ANY one to beleive the so called "Truth" if you cannot back it up with proof ?

Wait...lemme guess..is it a secret ?

sonnet
Nope no
I am attacking Fundamentalism, not religion as a whole....
I beleive in something too... yes But because my beleif differs from yours, you beleive that I am evil and that I will end up in Hell...

I never claimed to know everything about all the beleivers on EArth of any Faith....I am making an OBSERVATION of the ZEALOTS I have seen, not of the general faithful.You ever notice how a large majority of Religious Fundamentalists happen to consist of a rather ignorant population?

To refer back to your original post..... That include Christians because we also have a stern, deep grasp on faith that is steadfast in God. That does not make us Zealots. Because we are not swayed into changing our faith just like fashion changes every season, we are now fundamentalists? Ha
My religion and faith is in God and His Word. If He says that by rejecting Him you are part of the world that is wicked and evil then I believe it. You might not like my believes and you surely do not have to. But I will not change my believe or the things I write just because you believe otherwise. I tell my truth and you will probably tell yours.
O, and God does not require me to proof His existence, He gave us instruction to bring the Gospel to people. There is no need to do anything more as His word is proven by the thousands of people being saved daily and the miracles that happen when people pray for the sick just as He said that it would happen. See Mark 16:15-18

debbiejo
No I mean Jesus Christ, .... Satan made up many frauds, but they are just that. Jesus is real. Satan can't create anything can he, otherwise he'd be god...Right?

Lord Urizen
To refer back to your original post..... That include Christians because we also have a stern, deep grasp on faith that is steadfast in God. That does not make us Zealots. Because we are not swayed into changing our faith just like fashion changes every season, we are now fundamentalists? Ha

I agree...

What makes you a Zealot is your stern belief that everyone else who has a different point of view from your own is "evil" and "worthy of going to Hell"

My religion and faith is in God and His Word. If He says that by rejecting Him you are part of the world that is wicked and evil then I believe it.

This unquestioning belief that all those who do not share your view of the world are "evil", is what makes your mindset not only close minded but dangerous.

How can you not see that ?

You might not like my believes and you surely do not have to. But I will not change my believe or the things I write just because you believe otherwise. I tell my truth and you will probably tell yours.

No, I'm not a fan...

You do not have to change your beliefs at all, especially not for me. Why should you care what I think? I certainly don't care what you think...

However, when people with your same mindset rise to power they often aim at controlling the populace and silencing opinions and influences that do not coincide with thier own. THAT, my freind, is non progressive.

If someone with my mindset was in charge, I would let everyone beleive what ever they want, and live as they wish....with only one rule:

Do not harm other people (or protected animals)

Yeah, that makes me SO EVIL doesn't it ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

O, and God does not require me to proof His existence, He gave us instruction to bring the Gospel to people. There is no need to do anything more as His word is proven by the thousands of people being saved daily and the miracles that happen when people pray for the sick just as He said that it would happen. See Mark 16:15-18

I know he doesn't, but how do you expect me or another Agnostic/Athiest to beleive that your FAith is correct when you have no proof of that assertion?

Do you honestly expect me and everyone else who is skeptical to just DROP our own philosophies, change our own ways of life, because YOU SAY SO ?

Let me guess...ur gonna say "No because GOD says so"

Prove to us then that GOD really said so....the Bible is not proof, as it was written by mankind..there is no proof that God wrote the Bible, nor that he exists....

You can believe whatever you want, but if you EXPECT the rest of us to beleive what YOU beleive, and have no validation to give us for changing our own ways of thinking, then you're a fool.

BTW....those testimonies are evidense but not proof....

Many many people, Christians, pray to God for thier illnesses to be cured, and still suffer and die.

There are also many mysterious incidences where a person's terminal illness dissapeared, but NO prayer was involved...

sonnet
I agree...

1.What makes you a Zealot is your stern belief that everyone else who has a different point of view from your own is "evil" and "worthy of going to Hell"

2.This unquestioning belief that all those who do not share your view of the world are "evil", is what makes your mindset not only close minded but dangerous.

1. Well then every Christian is a Zealot according to you.

2. Why would you think that I could be dangerous. I realy do not care what you decide to believe. I do what God wants me to do- tell people about Jesus and then you have to decide what you choose to believe.
I am not about to kill anybody for rejecting Christ - they will pay the price one day.

debbiejo
You are worshiping a false god. Why would a real god require anything of an insignificant man........It's only men that WANT....A god doesn't want nor NEED.

It doesn't need worship. If it did then it would have an ego of a human man and deficient.

It's like requiring ants to worship you then you stepping on them.

Lord Urizen
1. Well then every Christian is a Zealot according to you.

SIMPLY UNTRUE no

Not all Christians beleive that Jews, Muslims, Gays, Lesbians, and Buddhists are EVIL Only Fundamental Zealots do....

There are plenty and plenty of LOGICAL and REASONABLE CHRISTIANS that realize people of other Faiths can be good people , and that the essense of thier religion, LOVE, matters more than the literal intepretations of a flawed text known as the Bible.

2. Why would you think that I could be dangerous.

I said people with your mindset can be VERY DANGEROUS. Muslim Extremists beleive that all who are not Muslim Fundamentalists are evil, and therefore subject to death and terrorism.

You see others who do not think the way you do as EVIL, and therefore will have no regard for thier ways of life, and you will see them as your moral inferiors, making it EASY for you to justify discrimination, bigotry, ignorance, and even violence against them.

I realy do not care what you decide to believe. I do what God wants me to do- tell people about Jesus and then you have to decide what you choose to believe.
I am not about to kill anybody for rejecting Christ - they will pay the price one day.

no No they won't. You're religion is a myth which stole its ideas from the myths that preceded it. Do some research instead of keeping your nose trapped within the bounds of your precious Bible.

FeceMan
Any Christian who believes that anyone other than those who have asked Christ for forgiveness is getting into heaven is not, in fact, a Christian.

Those people are called "liars."

Capt_Fantastic
What so many christians forget, or choose to ignore, is that their religion didn't spring out of the life of christ fully formed. It took several generations for it to be categorized and developed, rules written and cerimonies created. There can be no denying that many of the rituals and mythology of christianity draw on old archetypes found in a huge variety of religions. All religions do this.

With that in mind, how can it be so impossible for religion to evolve?

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
With that in mind, how can it be so impossible for religion to evolve?

Truth is fixed in that what is true is never false, e.g. the sum of one whole number and one whole number is always two; whereas evolution implies change over time.

It is impossible for religion to evolve, because religious people are not willing to concede that they do not have Truth.

Lord Urizen
Any Christian who believes that anyone other than those who have asked Christ for forgiveness is getting into heaven is not, in fact, a Christian.

Those people are called "liars."

What an ignorant statement Feceman, you are insulting people of your OWN religion !

What you just claimed is like saying "Muslims who do not slaughter non beleivers are not true muslims..."

JUST BECAUSE a Christian is NOT A FUNDAMENTAL ZEALOT does not mean he or she is NOT Christian....

A belief in Jesus Christ' and his teachings are ALL IT TAKES to be a Christian..nothing more, nothing less. no

If I beleive in Christ as savior, and beleive that ALL NON BELIEVERS are EVIL, does that make me a TRUE CHRISTIAN ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Even PEEJAYD, another fundamentalist Christian beleives that the kind hearted WILL NOT END UP IN HELL....

FeceMan
What an ignorant statement Feceman, you are insulting people of your OWN religion !

What you just claimed is like saying "Muslims who do not slaughter non beleivers are not true muslims..."

JUST BECAUSE a Christian is NOT A FUNDAMENTAL ZEALOT does not mean he or she is NOT Christian....

A belief in Jesus Christ' and his teachings are ALL IT TAKES to be a Christian..nothing more, nothing less. no

If I beleive in Christ as savior, and beleive that ALL NON BELIEVERS are EVIL, does that make me a TRUE CHRISTIAN ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Even PEEJAYD, another fundamentalist Christian beleives that the kind hearted WILL NOT END UP IN HELL....
No, it doesn't make you a true Christian.

Purposely ignoring the teachings that biblically sound makes one not a true Christian. The WBC is filled with those who are not true Christians, if that is any consolation.

Lord Urizen
No, it doesn't make you a true Christian.

Purposely ignoring the teachings that biblically sound makes one not a true Christian. The WBC is filled with those who are not true Christians, if that is any consolation.

So you are saying that PEEJAYD is not a true Christian, but Jesusisalive is ?

FeceMan
So you are saying that PEEJAYD is not a true Christian, but Jesusisalive is ?
I don't read JIA's posts and I haven't paid attention to PEEJAYD's, so I can't tell you.

debbiejo
I tire also

Lord Urizen
I don't read JIA's posts and I haven't paid attention to PEEJAYD's, so I can't tell you.

Hey, I don't blame you.

They both write essays of drivel, although Peejayd composes his arguments in quite a more attractive manner than JIA

You seem to carry more logical and personal thought than both of them however. Atleast you prove you are not brainwashed...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.