YOUR Top 5 Favorite Characters..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan777
What I want to know is who your 5 favorite characters in ALL of comics are, and also try to give the reason why they are your favorite characters.

juggernaut66666
surfer
ion
genis-vell
onslaught
venom

wolvertooth
wolverine
omega red
juggernaut
sabretooth
cyclops

Scoobless
Originally posted by wolvertooth
wolverine

sabretooth

Shocking .... shock

Galan777
wolverine
omega red
juggernaut
sabretooth
cyclops why do u like them?

Accel
Quicksilver
Hulk
Daredevil
Flash
Spawn

Endless Mike
In no particular order:

Galactus (I like the character concept)
Thanos (He has a cool personality and is badass)
Doctor Strange (I like the way he always perseveres against worse odds than I've seen pretty much any other character ever go up against)
Wally West (I like the whole mythos behind his character)
Darkseid (If written correctly, best villain ever)

Stupid Rookie
SS - Like the backstory of how he got involved with G and how he is one of the best "people" in the universe. Cosmics and everyday humans respoect him

Thanos - Because he is a bad mo-fo. it is more that I like to hate him.

Cap A - Leader, pioneer. Also mostly because of CW

Wolverine - Just always been a fan of his. Like him in the comics, liked the cartoon, loved the movie.

Oh and I will throw in Nova just because I am on an Annihilation kick.

wolvertooth
wolverine: i like him first of all because his attitude , he is cool guy , he is always ready to fight, and his characteristics are really interesting to me, i like the way he fights he doesnt afraid of anyone, and he doesnt think he is better then someone... like all the golden boys think captain america and such ... he is always ready to kick your ass or try , and as a wolverine fan i would really like marvel to stop shoving wolverine in every comics just to make more money he deserves more respect, and its not his fault that sometimes he beats someone he shouldnt, ignoring that you have to admit wolverine is a great character that we all know for many years

sabretooth: brutal mean killing machine how can you not love him , he is just that bastard that everybody likes... even if he always choose to fight women and being jerk he is just cool, i bet any of you sometimes want to be the bad ass sabretooth is, just pee on everybody and kill them Lol

omega red: i just like his design , he has so much cool abilities and powers, his tentacles are cool and i love how he fights

juggernaut: who doesnt love him? a mean sob he is the ultimate villian ... he is almost the only villian who actually humiliate the golden boy hero and actually make fun out of him at the end... i just love juggernaut and hope he gets his powers back soon and goes right away to kick some major ass biatch

cyclops: i like him for his qualities, he is a great leader, one of the most serious characters in marvel... its just so cool when he blast characters with his blasts, when he was owening sinister at the island you could really see the true hero he is

Galan777
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
Oh and I will throw in Nova just because I am on an Annihilation kick. Im not too impressed with Nova in Annihilation thus far

Wally West
Nightwing
Flash (Wally)
Thanos
Dr. Doom
Spider-Man

Galan777
Originally posted by Wally West
Nightwing
Flash (Wally)
Thanos
Dr. Doom
Spider-Man You like Nightwing more then Wally?

btw I like your sig, i never noticed Zoom in the background

boriquaking55
SS
Deadpool
Thanos
Martian Manhunter
Iron Man (before he became a dick)

WrathfulDwarf
DC Comics:

Batman
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Superman
Captain Marvel
The Spectre

Marvel Comics (Back in the day)

Spiderman
Captain America
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Colossus

nimbus006
In no particular order:

1. Thanos- I really enjoy reading his dialogue; he is extremely intelligent and always has the smartest answers to people's replies, plus he is power encarnate.

2. Wolverine- Simply put he is the Ultimate guy. I know he has a lot of fanboys, but he is still one of the cooler characters in all of comics, and not just his personality, but his healing factor, super senses, and adamantium laced bones are a great feature.

3. Superman- I love the mystery behind his power. What i mean by that is he is someone who I' ve always believed holds back and never really shows what kind of power he truly holds.

4. Hulk- Man this guy is fun to see fight on panel. He never quits, never stops coming at you, and gets harder to beat the longer you fight him.

5. Black Panther/ Ironman- T'challa has become one of my favorite characters in the last year or so because his series is probably one of the best and most interesting out right now. Sorry folks I know alot of people hate him, but Tony is the MAN. Everything he has gone through over the years, all the struggles with addictions and such make him one of the more real characters in comics. He is always dealing with internal demons and still manages to take on a million responsibilities at the same time including fighting the worst enemies.

Galan777
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Iron Man (before he became a dick) laughing

invisiblewoman
Invisible Woman - Cool Powers!

Lucifer Morningstar - Love the Character!

(HOM) Scarlet Witch - Crazy but powerful

Thor - he's strong and i like norse mythology

Batman 1 million - he's wicked smart and handsome

Big Sexy
Genis velle- not a typical hero. Possibly more evil than good. Dark sense of humor. The power to back up his big mouth.
Lucifer Morningstar- Self centured to the max. Not the biblical devil but more in the lines of an antihero. One of the worst antiheroes because he lets the mortals around him punish themselves. He doesn't really make them choose their paths but merely tells them the truth, and lets them screw themselves. Does have a moral side though he tries to hide it. Is willing to the right thing from time to time. Is a great manipulator and can manipulate the simple- minded even if they out match him in power.
Venom- at first as a child I like him more because he was a cooler looking version of Spiderman. Later because of the weird moral code he sets for himself and because he can do so many amazing things with his suit. I think its Amazing Spiderman #346 that made me a huge venom fan.
Thor- God of thunder. I like that all his battles seem mythic because of the source material. He has the best of both asgard and earth.
Batman- classic history, villians, and background history

(No order)

6-10 are
Spawn
Thanos
Wolverine
GL Hal Jordan
Galactus

DigiMark007
...pretty sure this has been done, but these are always fun...

1. Spider-Man - obvious reasons. And my personality in RL is probably closer to Pete than I'd like to admit. Annoyingly amusing sense of humor that hides a veiled feeling of responsibility to the world. And I have redheads falling on top of me constantly. roll eyes (sarcastic)

2. The Tick - Funnier than Deadpool ( yes ), and almost as ambiguous as Squirrel Girl with his power levels.

3. The Doctor - Jeroen, the hippy....not the current one. He's alright too, but Jeroen was the freaking man.

4. Alan Scott - The first, the best. Sweet costume.

5. Dunno. He-Man, Jenny Quantum, Juggernaut, Plastic Man, Longshot, Buzzboy, Midnighter, Loki, Thor....all in the running.

Galan777
I love the Tick!

invisiblewoman
spooooon......

Galan777
Originally posted by invisiblewoman
spooooon......

http://thetick.homestead.com/Spoon.Denise659.gif

laughing

wolvertooth
Originally posted by DigiMark007
...pretty sure this has been done, but these are always fun...

1. Spider-Man - obvious reasons. And my personality in RL is probably closer to Pete than I'd like to admit. Annoyingly amusing sense of humor that hides a veiled feeling of responsibility to the world. And I have redheads falling on top of me constantly. roll eyes (sarcastic)

wtf? i thought you should be smart or something, how the hell can you like spider-man ... he is a nerd!!!!! a geek pathetic loser that everybody are geting down on him , you said you are the same as he? well thats sad sorry

juggernaut66666
wtf? i thought you should be smart or something, how the hell can you like spider-man ... he is a nerd!!!!! a geek pathetic loser that everybody are geting down on him , you said you are the same as he? well thats sad sorry
spider-man is way cooler then stupid wolverine

Big Sexy
wtf? i thought you should be smart or something, how the hell can you like spider-man ... he is a nerd!!!!! a geek pathetic loser that everybody are geting down on him , you said you are the same as he? well thats sad sorry roll eyes (sarcastic)

Galan777
wtf? i thought you should be smart or something, how the hell can you like spider-man ... he is a nerd!!!!! a geek pathetic loser that everybody are geting down on him , you said you are the same as he? well thats sad sorry wow....... just wow confused

Galan777
My Personal fav's are: (in no particular order)

Zoom- I like that whole "he's trying to make Wally a better hero" thing. Plus he is the fastest character ever IMO

Mr. Mxyzptlk- He is such a powerful character who could beat almost anyone effortlessly, but he chooses to be more of an annoyance and a thorn in the side just for fun lol.

HOM Scarlet Witch- Simply because she was so powerful that even without full control she changed the entire mutant community forever.

Superman Prime- Though his power cant be properly debated amongst these forums (because he was only seen on like 6 pages total) you cant say he is ALL powerful, but you cant say he isn't ALL powerful either, thats why I like him.

Cap America- Just an all time great who will fight for what he believes in, you have to admire that.

There are so many others though- like Tick, Galactus, Beyonder, Ion, Genis-Vell, etc. The other ones just came to my mind first...

Dinalfos
My top 50:

1: Spawn
2: Spiderman
3: Alita
4: Silver Surfer
5: Dream
6: GL Kyle
7: Hulk
8: Venom
9: Thing
10: Kenshin
11: Wolverine
12: Dr. Strange
13: Prowler
14: Human Torch
15: Moon Knight
16: Colossus
17: Gattsu
18: Ghostrider
19: Abomination
20: Shadowman
21: Thor
22: Black Panther
23: Hercules
24: Iron Man
25: Morbius
26: Deadpool
27: Tyrant
28: Hercules
29: Valkyrie
30: Mr. Fantastic
31: Nova
32: Blackheart
33: Marv
34: Mephisto
35: Batman
36: Darkness
37: Black Bolt
38: Naruto
39: PITT
40: Aquaman
41: Namor
42: Prof. X
43: Wonderman
44: Wasp
45: Molten Man
46: Doc Samson
47: Dr. Doom
48: Mugen
49: Violator
50: War Bird

Dinalfos
Oh shit, I left out Daredevil.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Dinalfos
Oh shit, I left out Daredevil.
I don't see any Genis-Vell there so leave no expression

Galan777
My top 50:

1: Spawn
2: Spiderman
3: Alita
4: Silver Surfer
5: Dream
6: GL Kyle
7: Hulk
8: Venom
9: Thing
10: Kenshin
11: Wolverine
12: Dr. Strange
13: Prowler
14: Human Torch
15: Moon Knight
16: Colossus
17: Gattsu
18: Ghostrider
19: Abomination
20: Shadowman
21: Thor
22: Black Panther
23: Hercules
24: Iron Man
25: Morbius
26: Deadpool
27: Tyrant
28: Hercules
29: Valkyrie
30: Mr. Fantastic
31: Nova
32: Blackheart
33: Marv
34: Mephisto
35: Batman
36: Darkness
37: Black Bolt
38: Naruto
39: PITT
40: Aquaman
41: Namor
42: Prof. X
43: Wonderman
44: Wasp
45: Molten Man
46: Doc Samson
47: Dr. Doom
48: Mugen
49: Violator
50: War Bird geeze, it would have been easier for you to list the characters u didnt like laughing out loud

Dinalfos
Originally posted by Galan777
geeze, it would have been easier for you to list the characters u didnt like laughing out loud

Don't.....get.....me......started.

That would be one hell of a list wink

Dinalfos
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
I don't see any Genis-Vell there so leave no expression

Yeah, I left him out too. But in this case, it was on purpose.

Galan777
Don't.....get.....me......started.

That would be one hell of a list wink lol, i hear ya there

DigiMark007
You made 50?! Damn. Props, I guess....I'd have trouble naming my first 10. laughing out loud

batdude123
1. Batman
2. Superman
2. Spider-man
2. Wolverine
5. GL Kyle

jumpmann
geeze, it would have been easier for you to list the characters u didnt like laughing out loud
It should start like this:

1. All DC characters besides Batman Aquaman.

nimbus006
In no particualr order:

1. Thanos
2. Iron Man
3. Black Panther
4. Superman
5. Wolverine
6. Hulk
7. Silver Surfer
8. Thor
9. Namor
10. Black Bolt
11. Drax (Current)
12. Ronan
13. Firelord
14. Green Latern (Hal)
15. Green Latern (Kyle)
16. Batman
17. Iceman
18. Cable
19. Deadpool
20. Dr. Doom
21. Magneto
22. Cyclops
23. Dr. Strange
24. Captain America
25. Martian Manhunter
26. Daredevil
27. Thing
28. Luke Cage
29. Galactus
30. Venom
31. Carnage
32. Spiderman
33. Arsenal
34. Hawkeye
35. Warlock
36. Orion
37. Gladiator
38. Riddick
39. Hercules
40. Ms. Marvel
41. Invisible Women
42. Storm
43. Wonder Women
44. Beast
45. Colussus
46. Wonderman
47. Human Torch
48. She- Hulk
49. Super Skrull
50. Juggernaut

Rewmac
Always these threads big grin Top this top that....

1. Superman/Superboy
2. Colossus
3. Thor
4. Sentry
5. Captain Marvel (Genis)

batdude123
Originally posted by Rewmac
Always these threads big grin Top this top that....

1. Superman/Superboy
2. Colossus
3. Thor
4. Sentry
5. Captain Marvel (Genis)

What happened to Captain Atom? no expression

Rewmac
He is fighting his fight with Genis for the 5th place...Sometime he takes it big grin Well mostly...Just I got a cool Photon appearence last night so now Genis is on 5th place big grin

Grimm22

Wolvertooth's greatest feat of intelligence = Calling Digi a stupid nerd laughing

Priest
Genis Vell
Thanos
Spiderman
Silver Surfer
Thor
Not in any particular order...my 6th deffialty would be between Dr. Strange or Reed Richards

Galan777
Originally posted by Priest
Genis Vell
Thanos
Spiderman
Silver Surfer
Thor
Not in any particular order...my 6th deffialty would be between Dr. Strange or Reed Richards Reed is a good pick

Accel
Originally posted by DigiMark007
You made 50?! Damn. Props, I guess....I'd have trouble naming my first 10. laughing out loud
I'd personally find it easier to list my top 50 than my top 10. There's just too many characters I like.

I'd even find it easier to make a top 5 if I separated it into companies.

Marvel
1. Quicksilver
2. Hulk
3. Daredevil
4. Iron Fist
5. X-Man

DC
1. Flash
2. Orion
3. Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
4. Captain Marvel
5. Nightwing

Entity
Spiderman-The whole worlds against him, he loses constently, no one besides his wife helps him, and he doesn't even wanna do it but, he still gets up everyday and faces overwhelming odds knowing he might not go home and even if he saves the world no one will even care.

Kyle Rayner- He is always overcoming great fear in his own abilities and when he became the lantern he didn't have the training or the Corps to help him if things got ruff but he still cameout on top to me by leaps and bounds.

Nightwing- He refuses to belive it but the more he tries to not be Bruce the more he is just like him. He is the younger less tramatised Batman with more of a connection to the real people in the outside world. He hasn't completely cut himself off from the outside world. YET!!!

Iceman- He is one of if not the strongest mutants on the planet but we hardly ever see it cause he is to busy goofing off. Yet with enough selfdisipline he could do about anything. Imagine if Bruce Wayne was born with this power.

Kon-EL- Agree or Disagree I just think this was one great concept with amazing possibilities for either the good or evil sides of the coin. To me he was/is/will be (when they bring him back) a truly realistic version of superman that i could actully respect as an awsome character.

Validus
I find it impossible to narrow it down to 5. My favorites change depending on what I'm reading currently. My current Top 10 would be a gang of Authority, Wildcats and Gen 13 members (clearly I'm high on Wildstorm).

Badabing
Batman
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Flash
Hulk
Spider-Man
Superman
Thing
Thor
Uncle Sam
Wolverine

Galan777
good 'ol Wlovie seems to have a re-occuring role amongst this thread lol!

Grimm22
Dr. Doom

Thing

Captain America

Flash (Barry/Wally)

Shadowcat

Invisible Woman

GL Hal

Spider-Man

Batman

Wolverine

Kid Flash (Bart)

GL Kilowog

Hellion

Warbird

Runner Ups: Hawkman, GL Kyle, GL Guy, Colossus, Annihilus, Rockslide, X-23, Surge

Grimm22

Hey he even made my list big grin

Frankly, Classic Wolverine is awesome, its just the way he's written I hate

Galan777
Originally posted by Grimm22
Hey he even made my list big grin

Frankly, Classic Wolverine is awesome, its just the way he's written I hate to be perfectly honest with you, I had NO problem with Wolvie before i joined KMC..... After hearing certain people talk about how he can beat Thanos, Galactus, Classic Juggs, etc..... I just got so annoyed with the character that i really stopped liking him big grin

Badabing
I've always liked the Wolverine character, but I think he's overachieving in comics due to the popularity of the X Men movies.

Galan777
Originally posted by Badabing
I've always liked the Wolverine character, but I think he's overachieving in comics due to the popularity of the X Men movies. I completely agree with that yes

Badabing
I completely agree with that yes It's a shame really. I had always thought of him as an underdog that would win through shear determination and skill. I still read the comic but he has become way too "powerful"? Still a cool character.

python99
no particular order

Captain America
Spiderman
Magneto
Venom
Batman

just for the heck of it another 5

Dr Doom
juggernaut
Wolverine
Psylocke
Iron man

Galan777
Originally posted by python99
no particular order

Captain America is that the ONLY character u like?

Badabing
no particular order

Captain America
blink

eek!

laughing

python99
is that the ONLY character u like?

I hit enter by accident but you guys had already posted before I could edit it

python99
no particular order

Captain America
Spiderman
Magneto
Venom
Batman

Dr Doom
juggernaut
Wolverine
Psylocke
Iron man

They are all here

Badabing
no particular order

Captain America
Spiderman
Magneto
Venom
Batman

Dr Doom
juggernaut
Wolverine
Psylocke
Iron man Those are some good picks. I liked the original post better. shifty

outavodka
MARVEL
Juggernaut
Cable
Cannonball
Sentry
Deadpool

DC
Starfire
Nightwing
Flash"Wally"
Raven
Robin"Tim"

Everything Else
Spawn
Alucard
Majestic
Darkness
Witchblade

Hemorage
The Darkness- Love the idea of taking a power meant for evil and using it for good..well...as good as Jackie can be that is.

Green Goblin- Just a fun character....makes evil look like a fun thing to be. Plus...anyone who can use Pumpkin shaped weaponry and get away with it is ok in my book.

Taskmaster- What a great character. Can emmulate just about anyones fighting moves and has a quick wit to go with it. makes reading his stories fun.

The Midnighter- Just an all out awesome character. His abilities are great and the fact that he is gay is even cooler. He will tell you he is gay and if you don't like it he will rip your head off.

Vampirella- Love her story. She comes to earth looking for the murderer of her father only to find out recently that it was all a lie. She is a great character,

Dreampanther
For humour:

Lobo
Deadpool
Tick

Cool characters

Black Panther
Batman
Cat
Spiderman
Daredevil
Punisher
Namor

Awesome powers

Hulk
Flash
Blink
Spawn
Darkness

Worth mentioning

Ultimate Captain America
Ultimate Quicksilver
Wolverine (as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, he was one of my favourites until I had to start dealing with some of his illiterate, in-bred, Darwin Award winner fanboys here. He is still a cool character, but I find it hard to enjoy his comics now.)
Nightcrawler (but if I wrote him, he would be a LOT meaner.)
Nightwing (I also enjoy how he is trying to move out of Bruce's shadow, only to become more like him)
Savage Dragon

Super hot chicks
Psylocke
Mary Jane Watson-Parker
Elektra
Catwoman
Witchblade
Fathom

I also enjoy Wetworks and... dammit, forgot the name, those superheroes from other planets who live in that town Crossroads, the one guy is a huge Viking as fast as Impulse, the one chick is Death herself and comes from the oceans... anyway, they're pretty cool as well.

NiņoAraņa
(no order really)
Spider-man
Darkness
Venom
Question
Cap America

Doc Potato
wtf? i thought you should be smart or something, how the hell can you like spider-man ... he is a nerd!!!!! a geek pathetic loser that everybody are geting down on him , you said you are the same as he? well thats sad sorry Wow, I can't guess why he's banned... smile

Mindship
1. Silver Surfer: unique, noble, powerful.
2. Superman: The Icon, the superhero's superhero.
3. Hulk: simple, psychological, cathartic.

That's all I care enough about to rank, honorable mentions (in no particular order) being: Black Bolt, Namor, Spider-Man, Iron Man, The Thing.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Badabing
I've always liked the Wolverine character, but I think he's overachieving in comics due to the popularity of the X Men movies. Not really. Wolverine fighting people of different classes has been around since the early 90s. I try not to let the clueless rants of others take away from a character. There are some Wolverine fans (not many mind you) that do know their stuff and can present themselves pretty well.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Grimm22
Dr. Doom

Thing

Captain America

Flash (Barry/Wally)

Shadowcat

Invisible Woman

GL Hal

Spider-Man

Batman

Wolverine

Kid Flash (Bart)

GL Kilowog

Hellion

Warbird

Runner Ups: Hawkman, GL Kyle, GL Guy, Colossus, Annihilus, Rockslide, X-23, Surge

Oh and Everyone in my top 10 also counts for their ultimate incarnations wink

nimbus006
You know I have to mention something here. Many of you guys are saying your tired of Wolverine Fanboys because of their retarded posts or their ridiculous conclusions on how Wolverine can take down the likes of Thanos and such characters, and I understand completely how you feel. However, to say that you can't enjoy his comics anymore because of a few unintelligent posts, makes me think that some of you guys are not very loyal fans at all. I mean if you like a character just read his comics and take in what you think is interesting, and forget what other people say about him. You know the truth in regards to what a certain character can and cannot do. That being said, I agree with some other members when they say that maybe he has become to powerful. Maybe he has been written a little bit exagerated over the last couple of months, but there are circunmstances when he uses his skills rather than his healing factor to overcome enemies. What Im trying to say is Wolverine is still a great character in comics, and will remain one in my mind no matter how many fanboys make him seem like a god.

Grimm22
The problem for me isnt the fanboys, its how Marvel has made him this incredible jobber/PIS machine

nimbus006
I understand if you don't like the actual comics anymore, i mean its your opinion on the writing which is fine.

The Pict
How many times have I answered a list like this? Anyway:

Kitty Pryde
Wolverine
Spiderman
Beast
Juggernaut

outarddwarf
Top Five:

1) Juggernaut
2) Blob
3) Venom
4) Hulk
5) Sandman
Ive always had a fondness for durability or endurance. It is my favorite of the physical attributes. Which would explain my first two choices.

db_renji
DC Comics: (Heroes)

Nightwing (best leader in all comics, true story.)
Green Latern (Hal Jordan)
Superman (its getting hard to read his books; there just not that interesting anymore; he doesn't have any challenges)
Batman
Flash

DC Comics: (Villians)

Deathstroke (What more needs to be said?)
Joker
Lex Luthor
Darkseid
Sinestro

Marvel: (Heroes)

Spider-man
Black Panther
Deadpool (don't know if hero or villian)
Wolverine
Ultimate Thor

Marvel: (Villians)

Dr. Doom
Ultimate Magneto
Thanos
Classic Juggernaut
Classic Sabretooth

Grimm22
Originally posted by db_renji

Nightwing (best leader in all comics, true story.)

*Cough* Cap *Cough*

geshien
deadpool
venom
wolverine
green lantern (kyle)
apocolypse

deadpool is such a deep character. dark and very humorous. he doesn't have immense powers (aside from the fact you can't kill him) but is a serious badass. he's more believable. he runs from a fight when he knows he doesn't have the cards to win. the way he deals with situations just makes you laugh and admire his guts and determination. he never takes things too seriously, or at least he doesn't let you on that he does. i love the concept and the books are great. and the fights in his books are most enjoyable to read/watch.

honestly just a fan boy of venom. i mean he's dark and twisted. he's everything spiderman is only the dark mirror image of him. he always has his own agenda, whether it be right or wrong. his fights are great to watch/read as well, very smash mouth. such a sinister and wicked looking character.

wolvie, c'mon how can you not love that crazy canuck? mean spirited with a heart of gold, whether he admits it or not. badass and freakin unstoppable at times. just a badass character.

green lantern is like the "every mans man." just a regular joe with phenominal power. the concept of using a power that lets you use your imagination is just too cool. and who else does it better? such a down to earth character with a cool costume to boot.

impo, the coolest villian ever. just so dark and foreboding. theres an essence about apocolypse that just reeks of cool. kinda like dracula (which ironically he fought with). i think of hannibal lecter and the devil character from the legend movie when i think of apocolypse.

Ize19
1) Wolverine: This guy has been through it all, and, despite the way he is sometimes perceived by his fellow heroes, the truth is that he is one of the most hopeful characters in comics, with one of the most rigid senses of right and wrong. I once read a post from someone saying that Wolverine represents the youth who have don't control themselves at all, but he got it backwards. Wolverine's daily life is a struggle to control what lies within him.

2) Spiderman: He is just a great character, he has had to deal with a lot of tragedy, and regularly takes on foes who scare him to death, but he keeps on fighting. Definitely the everyman hero.

3) Batman: When I was a little kid, I always used to pretend I was Batman. This guy is just the ultimate in cool for me, he's brilliant, highly disciplined, trained and hardened into an incredible fighter, with a great sense of justice.

4) Nightcrawler: I love the personality of this character, not to mention his religious side. He's a fun character, with a nice power, who melds well with my favorite character.

5) Beast: He is one of the most intelligent characters in Marvel, but he's got a personality similar to that of Iceman! I love the way he mixes a monstrous appearance, a brilliant intellect, and a fun-loving personality into one likeable character.

Ultraman Baltan
In no order(except for #1).

1. Spiderman-He's just an amazing character. He mixes action with comedy and romance. He's a hero anyone can watch or read and like.

Green Goblin(Norman)-The guy is 100% badass. Everything he does rocks. Makes Venom(Mac) apologize, beats the snot out of Peter, goes one on one with Dock Ock, and currently controls most of New York's crime. Not only that, but he is such an interesting villain. He wants everything to be normal, yet he wants it to be better. Now he thinks he can do that with the voices guiding him inside his head. Brilliant.

Joker-Oh, come on! The Joker is pure badass. That is all you will ever need to know. Whether you are Darkseid or The New Royal Flush Gang, do not ever get on his bad side.

The Thing-I have no idea why, but he just makes everything better. Whether it's the great fights or awesome commentary, you need to have him doing something.

Punisher-"This isn't vengeance. This is punishment." Best antihero line ever.

Tshern
DC:
1. The Joker. I just can't help but loving this guy. One crazy, wicked and cruel criminal who has an odd relationship with his main adversary. I fell in love with the character already when I went to the very first grades in school.
2. Batman. If Joker, then Batman. I him because he has so many different sides, the genius detective, witty business man playboy, avenging and ruthless dark knight...
3. Deathstroke the Terminator. Regardless of all the crap he has gotten here on the forums, I still like him. I just have a click with both, his powerset and personality. Sue me.
4. Darkseid. He gets raped by Superman and other heroes, but to me he always is the badass who showed Anti-Monitor the true power of Omega Beams.
5. Green Lantern Hal Jordan. I don't actually know why him instead of Kyle Rayner, but I really like him. I can't give you any further explanations.

Somewhere after this there is Lobo, but he didn't qualify, because he often is only a comic relief. He would be above Hal Jordan in the list, though.

Marvel:
1. Doctor Doom. The arrogant genius of Latveria. The man who outwits you and creates a device that erases your family from the timeline. Beat that.
2. Galactus. Oh yes, the devourer of the worlds is my number two. I hate when they make him job to F4 and such. He should be untouchable, I tell you!
3. Magneto. I've always been more fond of him than the X-men. He fights for a cause that he believes to be right and is ready to sacrifice anything to reach it.
4. Silver Surfer. Our cosmic waverider, who is always there when you most need him. I like him because of his nature, vastly powerful, but rarely willing to leash his powers and destroy, yet he does it if necessary.
5. Thor. I have no idea why, but I just have a click with him, too.

Too bad I had to live out Deadpool, Black Panther, Quasar, Ironman and many others. Plaah.

Marvel/DC:
1. The Joker
2. Doctor Doom
3. Batman
4. Galactus
5. Magneto

NoFate007
1. Batman - Perfect balance of kicking ass with emotion. He's by far one of the most interesting characters out there, and he has an incredible array of feats under his belt
2. Spider-Man - Again, interesting character, great gallery of villains, written well (most of the time), and funny
3. Joker - C'mon. Do I have to explain? This dude is THE MAN.
4. Flash - I never used to like him until I started to get to know more about him in the past few years, but this guy is a beast. Not only is he funny, but his powers are awesome. What he lacks, though, is any good villains, so its hard to read his comics.
5. Gambit/Wolverine/Magneto/Venom/Carnage - these guys are all tied, so I can't pick, but in general, Gambit's powers are awesome, Wolverine is a very interesting character, Magneto is a great anti-hero/villain with a great drive behind him and impressive powers, and the symbiotes are just killer lol.

Grimm22
Gambit has awesome powers however his actual character is enough to make any sensible reader want to carve out their own ears erm

jrodslam
DC:
1. Green Lantern - Hal/Guy
2. Flash - Wally
3. Zatanna
4. Joker
5. Captain Marvel - Billy

Marvel:
1. Iceman
2. Namor
3. Daredevil
4. Omega Red
5. Multiple Man

batdude123
1. Batman
2. Superman
2. Spider-man
2. Wolverine
5. Green Lantern- Kyle

Ethereal
Top 5's in no order..

Hero Type:
Quasar
Dr. Strange
Wolverine
Thor
Reed Richards

Villian Type:
Thanos
Dr Doom
Apocalypse
Dark Phoenix
Loki

Half/Other:
Deadpool
Moondragon
Psylocke
Drax
Cable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.