Mark Wahlberg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Murray
I realized that there isn't a thread dedicated to one of the most underrated performers (and one of the most attractive) in the biz.

Let's talk about...

MARK WAHLBERG!!!

Start with anything...

I think he should get an Oscar nod for the Departed, but start with any topic of conversation!

botankus
Let's get some links going to a Good Vibration wav file or something.

Revan Souer
Marky Mark win an Oscar? Thats almost the funniest thing anyone has ever said. Next you'll be saying Arnold Swaz should be a Govner............. erm wait that that has happened. I guess then anything's possible in the US wink

roughrider
I've admired Wahlberg's work as an actor for several years now - Boogie Nights, Three Kings, I Heart Huckabees, and he's an impressive part of an awesome cast in The Departed - I grinned whenever his character came on screen, because something unpredictable was about to happen.
He left behind the Marky Mark image a long time ago.

Revan Souer
Originally posted by roughrider
I've admired Wahlberg's work as an actor for several years now - Boogie Nights, Three Kings, I Heart Huckabees, and he's an impressive part of an awesome cast in The Departed - I grinned whenever his character came on screen, because something unpredictable was about to happen.
He left behind the Marky Mark image a long time ago. True Boogie nights was a good film but he isn't a very good actor, but not many actor really are in all honesty. Hardly any of them are convincing as a different role.

Leggy_n_Merry
I thought he was really good in The Departed too, yes. I didn't expect his character to be like that, and he performed it really well. I thought he was amazing too. All of the cast were for The Departed.

He's cool in I Heart Huckabees too. Haha he's funny in that.

Morning_Glory
embarrasment

I couldn't help post Marky Mark pics... embarrasment ... I actually remember when "Good Vibrations" came out - smile yea I wanted to buy it but didn't get a chance sad

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g47/gemma_margo/marky.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g266/reba_76/Mark-Wahlberg-10515-9.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/tshanks/marky071.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/NjNena/marky04.jpg

Leggy_n_Merry
Mmmm nice body droolio I remember when I was about ermm I'd say 13 when I used to buy magazines and he was in one and I remember him saying about the Calvin Klein advertisments and how he was like "Oh don't mention that!" or something haha.. awwwww bless.

Murray
I actually was wondering on The Departed forum why people were calling him Marky Mark.

I just found out a couple days ago that he was a rapper. I had no idea.

But yeah, he does have a half-way decent body.

Murray
Which movie is his best acting and which did he look the best in?

Thorinn
He was good in Four Brothers. thumb up

DanZeke25
He is the man.

Murray
I loved him in Three Kings

vintageSW77
Yeah i rate him too
Boogie Nights was excellent
The Departed ...........he was one of the best things in it.
Lets not talk about the PLANET OF THE APES remake
mind you he wasnt bad in that either

Murray
I really enjoyed watching him in Four Brothers, and has anyone ever seen the Basketball Diaries? He's in that with (again) Leo DiCaprio and it was made in the early 90's.

zeuspower
I thought he was pretty good in I heart Huckabees - I think he is more funny than he realises. He was good in Boogie nights as well

Piggle Humsy
I knew of Donnie Wahlberg first... because of NKOTB, and then Mark.
I liked him but never thought back in those days that he would ever become the sort of person he is today..
but I think he's done really well for himself shaking off the whole Marky Mark image and has become quite respectable. smile

He is a good actor. I enjoy a lot of his films.
The Basketball Diaries, Renaissance Man & Fear were the first films I saw him in. happy
I enjoyed them all.

The show "Entourage" is loosely based on his experience in Hollywood.

Murray
Entourage is AMAZING

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.