Great Books cancelled

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grimm22
Sad News sad

The genius known as Nextwave has been cancelled weep

This along with other great books have been cancelled in the last year such as...

Dan Slott's Thing

ect...

Anyothers, I cant really think of any right now stick out tongue

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Grimm22

A loss indeed...

Dan Slott's Thing

Um... not so much.

stick out tongue

Scoobless
I'm still pissed off that they cancelled Slingers.... though Prodigy has been featured a few times recently in Civil War (in jail ... first hero to be arrested after the SHRA passed) and Ricochet will be featuring heavily in that new Runaways spin off title (can't remember the name)

I have no idea what happened to Dusk... but Hornet was killed by Wolverine during "Enemy of the State" ...

sad

Black Adam
Originally posted by Scoobless

but Hornet was killed by Wolverine during "Enemy of the State" ...

sad

don't worry. other writers seem to have ignored that story arc.

spot and slyde are back....well slyde is. spot is coming back in the marvel villain team up book next April.

spot and slyde FTW smile

Validus
So where are the great books?

Black Adam
Originally posted by Black Adam

spot and slyde are back....well slyde is. spot is coming back in the marvel villain team up book next April.

spot and slyde FTW smile

dropped it after a few issues.

and it's not so much a cancellation as it is Ellis not wanting to do the book without the artist so he decided to just end it.

This along with other great books have been cancelled in the last year such as...

Dan Slott's Thing

dropped it after issue 4.

Scoobless

spot and slyde FTW smile

Yeah... but most of the killed characters were resurrected by the Hand to work for them.... but not good ol' Hornet... that B!tch Elektra made sure of that.... cry

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/8363/w2304zl2.th.jpg http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3352/w2305hy2.th.jpg

crybaby

Guess Marvel doesn't like to keep the handicapped heroes around for too long

miffed

King_Mungi
Guess Marvel doesn't like to keep the handicapped heroes around for too long

miffed

*cough* Roger Bochs *cough*

FYI, actually didn't Eddie give away the armor before his death?

Scoobless
Originally posted by King_Mungi
*cough* Roger Bochs *cough*

I take it Bochs is "Box" from AF? ... or some other random Canadian "hero" ... stick out tongue

FYI, actually didn't Eddie give away the armor before his death?

Not that I know of... I re-read my Slingers comics last week and he still has it at the end of the last issue... and again later in CoC II... Spidey still has his versions of all the Slinger suits as well... or he did at least until that Vibranium guy burned Aunt May's house down.

The Original Dusk suit was supposed to belong to some great warrior from the Negative Zone.... guess Spidey never got around to finding him to return it.

embarrasment

Lord Urizen
It broke my heart when Crossgen filed for Bankrupcy

King_Mungi
I take it Bochs is "Box" from AF? ... or some other random Canadian "hero" ... stick out tongue

Not that I know of... I re-read my Slingers comics last week and he still has it at the end of the last issue... and again later in CoC II... Spidey still has his versions of all the Slinger suits as well... or he did at least until that Vibranium guy burned Aunt May's house down.

embarrasment

Hush, man had no legs sad

I thought they mentioned it during Enemy of state tie-in issues

edit: wikipedia says the same thing.

Grimm22

dropped it after issue 4.

Honestly, after the first arc the book really picked up wink

I reccomend picking up the other 4 issues

inamilist

thats freaking terrible

Originally posted by Lord Urizen
It broke my heart when Crossgen filed for Bankrupcy

i aswell

i still have a T shirt i got at a convention like 2 months after they launched the company

marvelprince

Eh. I read the issues. They were good I guess, but it was a bit too tongue in cheek for me to really get it

Dan Slott's Thing

Didn't interest me. Someone told me it was really good, and the art was good so I picked up two issues. Didn't do much for me

Grimm22
Originally posted by marvelprince
Eh. I read the issues. They were good I guess, but it was a bit too tongue in cheek for me to really get it

Didn't interest me. Someone told me it was really good, and the art was good so I picked up two issues. Didn't do much for me

The best issue is #8 wink

Pure gold.

brainchild81
Agent X

Dreampanther
I know this is going back about a thousand years, but I really loved the Hawk and Dove comics. Not the ones with Hawks' brother, but after he died, and the chick took over (dammit, what's her name embarrasment Dawn? Diane?).

Anyway, for me the interplay was perfect, especially since I am a firm believer in balance, and the whole Yin and Yang theme worked so well. Hawk's aggressiveness complemented by her coolness, Dove's speed complemented by Hawk's strength, his macho posturing complemented her intelligence, his Chaos and her Order...

For me it worked perfectly, and I wish they had kept on developing the characters, instead of copping out and making him a bad guy just because somebody leaked the identity of their original bad guy and they needed a substitute.

Anyway, I doubt anybody care anymore, but for me those were great books, with great characters, filled with humour, action, mystery and suspense, and I just wanted to blow off some steam.

Cheers! beer

marvelprince
The best issue is #8 wink

Pure gold.

So i heard. I intent to give it a look-see

NiņoAraņa
sad Originally posted by brainchild81
Agent X sad

Dinalfos
Originally posted by Validus
So where are the great books?

Scoobless
I thought they mentioned it during Enemy of state tie-in issues

edit: wikipedia says the same thing.

Wait... what?.... you're telling me Hornet gave his costume away and someone else was wearing it when Wolverine was being controlled and that Hornet from the Slingers is still alive?

Is that right? I hadn't heard anything about that

no expression

Grimm22
Bump

Oh and if you aren't reading Nextwave...

YOU SHOULD! mad

Honestly the latest issue made me crack up laughing for 10 minutes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.