Luke (NJO) vs. Darth Revan and DE Palpatine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthTerenos
From one of my previous threads, we have already established that Revan and Bastila (the lovers) cannnot beat father and son (Luke and Anakin). So, I tweaked the matchup by switching Bastila with DE Palpatine, kept Revan on the Dark Side, and removed full potential Anakin, so I would be pitting one of the most powerful Jedi with two of the most powerful Sith.

GO!

Darth Sexy
Eh Luke is superior to both of these characters, but together they might pose a huge problem. Revan could engage Luke in saber combat while Sidious summons his force storm. While Luke is the most powerful force user ever by NJO, I don't think he could handle both of these at the same time, or at least not win the majority of the time.

San'Doria
luke wins handsdown, revan is the weak link here, njo luke owns him in saber combat and then finishes sidious, again it be stupid to pull a force storm in the dueling arena, sidious gets knocked off then thats it, they all die. and revan has never heard of emrald lightning, so revan goes down hard

Prodigal Knight
It's close this one, Luke barely pulls it off but he does.

San'Doria
agreed, and terenos why do you always make revan threads?

Prodigal Knight
Cuz Revan is kool like that.

San'Doria
is revan black, or how the hell does he look anyway. im tired of his gay armour, it looks pathetic

Prodigal Knight
You're a Revan hater, aren't you ESB?

DarthTerenos
Originally posted by San'Doria
agreed, and terenos why do you always make revan threads?
Because I just finished KOTOR I about a month ago and liked it. I take it you hate Revan?

Prodigal Knight
Revan's an awesome character though.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Prodigal Knight
Revan's an awesome character though.

Only Marka Ragnos is more interesting than Revan.

Prodigal Knight
What kind of name is Ragnos anyway????

darthsith19
DE Sidious is alot stornger than Bastilla. He and Revan together take NJO Luke, in a saber duel, maybe maybe not with the Force though they win.

Darth Subjekt
what kind of name is Revan? erm

Escape81
Originally posted by San'Doria
luke wins handsdown, revan is the weak link here, njo luke owns him in saber combat and then finishes sidious, again it be stupid to pull a force storm in the dueling arena, sidious gets knocked off then thats it, they all die. and revan has never heard of emrald lightning, so revan goes down hard

I agree that Luke can win (and likely will), but not without extreme difficulty, methinks.

Oh, and to put an end to the rumors, Palpatine can use a Force Storm in close quarters. At the end of Dark Empire, he attempts to use it on Luke, Leia, and Anakin when he is in the same room with them. He wasn't worried, so something tells me he'd have no problem doing it in the same arena.

Anyways, Luke will comfortably defeat either of them in lightsaber combat and in Force combat (though Sidious may win due to his Force Storm, I dunno, and if he can't - he's screwed, too). But the two of them together?

He'd win, but not easily.

Or, hell, they might just beat him.

darthsith19
Ragnos = Old Norse name for "god".

Escape81
Oh, and DS, Ragnos may be more interesting to you, but I don't see it. He's a complete unknown. Period. At least they've had some depth to Revan, and though I can't stand Revan thanks to the jackass who wrote that damn book - he's a lot more interesting than Ragnos.

As is Yoda. 900-year-old Jedi Grand Master, and the most powerful Jedi up 'til Luke.

As is Palpatine. Ruler of the galaxy, evil incarnate, and the most powerful Sith ever.

As is Thrawn. Greatest tactition ever and Imperial linchpin.

As is Plagueis. A lot of rumors about this guy's powers, as well as his teaching of Palpatine.

As is Dooku. Powerful Jedi turned political idealist turned Sith apprentice with a deranged "noble" atmosphere.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Escape81
Oh, and DS, Ragnos may be more interesting to you, but I don't see it. He's a complete unknown. Period. At least they've had some depth to Revan, and though I can't stand Revan thanks to the jackass who wrote that damn book - he's a lot more interesting than Ragnos.

As is Yoda. 900-year-old Jedi Grand Master, and the most powerful Jedi up 'til Luke.

As is Palpatine. Ruler of the galaxy, evil incarnate, and the most powerful Sith ever.

As is Thrawn. Greatest tactition ever and Imperial linchpin.

As is Plagueis. A lot of rumors about this guy's powers, as well as his teaching of Palpatine.

As is Dooku. Powerful Jedi turned political idealist turned Sith apprentice with a deranged "noble" atmosphere.
Yea I meant to me, Ragnos is the most interesting..

zephiel7
Personally, I never found this guy very interesting... He'd always talk in this lame manner. Most of his advice and philosophies were simply inane.

Yoda: Go not to dark side should you! Because with dark side, there is much darkness! Darkness leads to suffering. Suffering leads to hatred. Hatred leads to the Darkside! (Waves little arms frantically)

I wouldn't say Palpatine is all that inspired... He is pretty much generic evil old dork. I'd say much of Palpatine's success is based on the stupidity of his contemporaries. (Me'sa give you control over everything. Me'sa be a dumbass)

Plus, whenever he fought, he'd make those REALLY lame cackling and groaning noises...LOL (ex., Ah Hahahaha, AAAAAAAAAAEEEErrrr) I'd say Vader is a lot cooler than Palpatine, despite his humourous breathing problems.

But hey... to each his own.

((The_Anomaly))
While Luke would tool both individually, given what we know about Revan's force abilities I'd say that Luke can't beat them both.

Maybe by DN> beyond could prolly beat them though.

Darth Sexy
I think Palpatine is very interesting as he is THE most brilliant character in the SW universe.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
I think Palpatine is very interesting as he is THE most brilliant character in the SW universe.

I would have to agree 100% with this statement.

zephiel7
Originally posted by Darth Sexy

That would depend on your definition of brilliance. Tactical abilities... hells no (though he ain't that bad.) Brilliant in sciences/engineering well we don't know how brilliant he is there. Politically brilliant, again I would rate this as being more the stupidity of his contemporaries, but I say he was decent here stick out tongue

The MOST interesting character would have to be Darth Vader (armoured Vader)

San'Doria
Originally posted by Prodigal Knight
You're a Revan hater, aren't you ESB?

sure am,

Escape81
Originally posted by zephiel7
That would depend on your definition of brilliance. Tactical abilities... hells no (though he ain't that bad.) Brilliant in sciences/engineering well we don't know how brilliant he is there. Politically brilliant, again I would rate this as being more the stupidity of his contemporaries, but I say he was decent here stick out tongue

The MOST interesting character would have to be Darth Vader (armoured Vader)

Oh, please Zephiel. Get off your KotoR high horse. Palpatine was brilliant. His achievements and accomplishments, by far outstrip any other Sith Lord (including - guess who? - Revan). His schemes and plans were without peer, as was his patience, and his power is also peerless as well - for a Sith Lord.

Darth Sexy
Nobody is arguing Palpatine's place in history is #1. But I WILL argue that in terms of brilliance, knowledge, and intelligence, Revan is #2.

zephiel7
Originally posted by Escape81
Oh, please Zephiel. Get off your KotoR high horse. Palpatine was brilliant. His achievements and accomplishments, by far outstrip any other Sith Lord (including - guess who? - Revan). His schemes and plans were without peer, as was his patience, and his power is also peerless as well - for a Sith Lord.

You are entitled to your opinion.

I say that his political success came from the stupidity of his contemporaries (ie, Jar Jar.) He is a cliched villain, too much so.

He was a powerful Sith Lord though... but power hardly makes one intersting. In conclusion I would just think of him as another cliched evil doer...except within the Star Wars universe.

Vader had far more depth as a villain.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.