Black christmas 2006

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cropsy_is_god
I saw a trailer for a horror film ' Black Christmas '. Its to be released later this year, I was wondering if this is a remake or a different film with the same name as the original ?

Deano
obviously a remake

MildPossession
Unfortunately it is a remake, but apparently they go into the killer's background a lot more in this one.

LaHaine
To me, what made Black Christmas cool was they didn't go too far into the killer at all. The fact that you didn't know anything was the unsettling part.

**** remakes.

Deano
some remakes are fine eg the thing, the eye..

i dont see why they need to remake films that dont need to be remade

LaHaine
Originally posted by Deano
some remakes are fine eg the thing, the eye..

Agreed.

What is "The Eye" by the way??

Wolfie
Originally posted by Deano
Mo' money! Mo' money! Mo' money!

More money for the same idea that was successful 30 years ago.

MildPossession
The Eye doesn't need a remake either Deano.

Deano
i just realised that i did lmao. i meant to say the fly. not the eye. *embaressed*

Mattomic
Hills Have Eyes, Dawn of the Dead and Night of the Living Dead were all great remakes too

Deano
i thought they was good. but they just virtually copied the originals and added more gore.

the thing'' is by far the best remake imo.

Mattomic
Hills Have Eyes had a whole lotta new scenes, including the kick ass village scene as a good example, plus the acting was very believable, the Hill people were intimidating and the film just felt so much more atmospheric and better than the original

Hills Have Eyes is the best remake period in my opinion

Dawn of the Dead was nothing like the original either

I'll gvie you the NOTLD though, it was alot the same, but still a fantastic film

Never rated The Thing myself, but that's just my opinion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.