What if things go wrong?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JD_4_Life
Hey, well I just thought about something today in my math class. I was talking to my friend and we were taking about POTC. Keep in mind that we both go to this website all the time . I said, "I think that killer movie website has good theories about the movie." and then she said, "I know, but sometimes I feel really overwhelmed there because instead of looking on the surface of the movie they get all deep and crap."

Okay, that got me thinking. I know that you all have WONDERFUL theories, but sometimes I really do feel like some people are over analyzing it. I know about all those film studies and such, but sometimes movies- believe or not- are just plain and simple. Now, I will admit that I am guilty of over analyzing too. I actually love to over analyze, but I just don't want us to go in the theater in May and be like, "Are you serious?! That's it! All the research for nothing!" I would really hate that. And then other times I forget that we're dealing with a Disney Movie. Sure it's PG-13, but it is still DISNEY!!! Anyway, I just wanted to say this because it's been on my mind for a few days now and I needed to say it. So before you get all "deep" about the movie just ask yourself, "Am I making it harder than it really is?"

P.S- Don't think that I'm being mean to you guys or anything. I love all of you! big grin Also, I'm a Sparrabeth shipper so I don't mind about that particular analyzing....lol.

LovelyOne
I made a post about this earlier..irt wasnt anger at you BTW it was someone else. here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f69/t426418.html

LovelyOne
See with me. I try to make sure I use my prior knowledge learned with film studies before even attempting a theory. I know much of it may be thinking too deep but I always tie it in with what I learn in film Studies. But I'm actually looking at Narritive techniques that are used in movies...mise en scene, camera angles, themes, screenplay structure..I have to learn it all.

Ted/Terry and Gore had to learn all of this too in order to get to where they are today. most directiors only get into the movie business because they basically studied the same subject I am in college and University, they learned the same kind of movie methods and techniques where to add symbolism etc (the're pros at it lol..i'm nowhere near there level of experience..hope to be a director/screenplay writer one day though)

Chiki Mina
AAAAA Dont think negative thoughts!!! BE OPTIMISTIC! We make good theories and thank you for the compliments. But we dont oversee things and less make them up. By the way im not arguing with you lol.

Dont make a thread about "What if we're wrong" There are many "what ifs" that we come across. But we dot have time for that now. All we know is what we see in the movie. All I can depend on is our theories and the movie that will come. Its important to keep our faith, their might be a moment when we are slightly wrong or completely wrong. With that we must understand that but still maintin with our heads held up high.

Get that silly thought out of your head or im gonna smack it off lol just kidding.

JD_4_Life
I'M NOT TRYING TO BE NEGATIVE. I'm just saying that sometimes things are much simpler than people make them out to be. I know that some things have deep meaning, but others are just simple. And when we turn the simple things into deep, curious, thoughts we get all confused and then we're so focused on all of that mess that we forget.

Chiki Mina
Simple things might look simple maybe too simple. It can sometimes be tricky. Ted/Terry are not the kind to put just simle things. you know how they are.

LovelyOne
Lots of people think I over analyse..but I'm not. I'm merley doing what I do at college, studying a movie. If I could have a chat with Gore or someone I would love discuss all the mise en scene, narrative devices, symbolisms, themes I think they are using in the movie..to see If i'm right or not laughing out loud

to people who dont know the subject tend not to see a movie on a deeper level than wwhat is on face value (I used to be like that before I started film studies as a subject)..but Ted/Terry and Gore ALL studied the subject in college/uni too before even dreaming to become directors/script writers. So its not as if they aren't adding the techniques I'm talking about in..they most certainly are because they learned it in film studies when they were teenagers/young adults like me lol

trust me they wouldnt even be making movies if they hadnt studied movies in college..and that involves deeper meaning/symbolisms structure etc.

LovelyOne
Movies are NEVER simple..trust me..try to write an A level Screenplay..its so hard..you basically cant even add a line in UNLESS it has deeper meaning or has straight forward meaning..nothing can be pointless or you get marked down. The scene has to flow and be quick so you have to use the least words possible but at the same time character's cant be empty..they need dimensions so you have to basically express their dimensions in other ways like mise en scene and symbolisms

Its not like a book where you can talk about how a character feels emotionaly in a paragraph..you have to show it..and that just cant be done by dialogue/actions alone..you need deeper stuff in there to show it.

Chiki Mina
thats what i said. The simplest things can actually be a clue. You never expect something so simlpe to be important. Its goo to annalyze and be prepared. Im sure that we dont exagerate it God forbid we're not obsessed. We write what we see not what we want to see.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.