scariest horror movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Leathergien
What do you think the all time scariest horror movie is?
and only pick one movie!

i think cannibal holocaust was pretty scary but more sick smilehttp://img131.imageshack.us/img131/3435/giljotiiniqb0.gif

deathbycorn
There's nothing scary about horror movies, imo. It's just entertainment.

I find movies like Hostel scary, not in the sense of 'scary', just if that kind of stuff really happened,
it would be really scary.

Some gore I find scary.

But being scared by a movie is pretty much not going to happen with me.

Unless I watch Nekromantik, Guinea Pig, Mordum, Murder Set Peices, etc

But them movies are for sickos.

vintageSW77
I aint seen Nekromantik but ive read lots about it....maybe nows the time to buy a copy
I have noticed recently in the cinema with Hostel and Wolf Creek that i aint scared,its something else,after years of laughing at gore something is DEFINATLY disturbing me ...maybe its the reality.

Leathergien
Originally posted by deathbycorn
There's nothing scary about horror movies, imo. It's just entertainment.

I find movies like Hostel scary, not in the sense of 'scary', just if that kind of stuff really happened,
it would be really scary.

Some gore I find scary.

But being scared by a movie is pretty much not going to happen with me.

Unless I watch Nekromantik, Guinea Pig, Mordum, Murder Set Peices, etc

But them movies are for sickos.

yeah same i dont get scared of movies just sometimes there sick but then again i can handle it! smile lol

Napkin Thief
I have never been scared of a movie b/c it was exceptionally violent. The only movie that has ever scared me is the original Exorcist, it just freaked me out.

allofyousuckkk
I saw exorcist when I was like, 8. Didn't scare me. Now "it" that was f-ing scary. like...seriously

BackFire
The Shining is infinitely creepy, scared the shit out of me when I was younger. Creepy twins + Ugly naked old lady ghost cackling = scared kid.

Salo isn't so much scary as it is immensely unsettling and disturbing. Like peering through a window and looking face to face with pure, hellish evil.

Mr Parker
yeah I can imiagine how scary that would have been as a kid.I never saw it till I was in high school but I DID see both of the originals The Omen and The Amityville Horror as a kid and those two movies scared the shit out of me.I was always afraid to go to sleep,especially with Amityville Horror.I would come home and be looking all around my house all the time when i got home from school and my parents would be gone somewhere and I would let out a startled scream if the slightest unusual noise went off in the house.Thats how much of an impact the movie the amityville horror had on me.

Wolfie
Originally posted by BackFire
The Shining is infinitely creepy, scared the shit out of me when I was younger. Creepy twins + Ugly naked old lady ghost cackling = scared kid.
The twins didn't scare me but the lady in the tub did. It took me years to gather up the courage to watch that again as a kid after that scene.

Impediment
Originally posted by Wolfie
The twins didn't scare me but the lady in the tub did. It took me years to gather up the courage to watch that again as a kid after that scene.

What scared me most about The Shining was the scary ass musical score. Every time I hear it, I get a little tingle in my skin. That, and the "redrum" scene. The first time I saw it I was around, maybe, 8 years old and I ran crying into my parents' room.

Espantada23
Hmm...a movie that really scared me?...that's a hard one....Shining is and always will be a classic horror film but it didn't frighten me so much that I couldn't sleep...I think it was the Excorcist that did it to me...I haven't seen it in years,but it's definately a hard one to get out of your head after you watch it.

cropsy_is_god
Ive not been scared at a horror since i was 6 . Back then i was alone watching Friday the 13th in my house myself at night. I wasn't so much scared as excited. When i watch it now i dont find it scary at all.

pumas79
films that i find most disturbing are the one that could acutally happen ie wolf creek, hostel etc,
on the more horror side of films anything involving werewolves scares the utter shit out of me, dont know why, walking past woods etc at night instantly makes me shit mepants and think of werewolves, think its bordering on a phobia! lol

Röland
I don't care what you all say but the scariest and creepiest horror movie I've seen is Don't Look Now that movie scared the hell out of me. Freakin creepy.

Espantada23
Dont Look Now?What's that about?

Röland
Don't Look Now (1973)

Stars: Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie

Premise: John and Laura Baxter are living in Venice when they meet a pair of elderly sisters, one of whom claims to be psychic. She insists that she sees the spirit of the Baxters' daughter, who recently drowned. Laura is intrigued, but John resists the idea. He, however, seems to have his own psychic flashes, seeing their daughter walk the streets in her red cloak, as well as Laura and the sisters on a funeral gondola.

It's more of a tension builder as a movie but it's got its moments. The ending is a great ending and will definately freak you out.

Impediment
The Changeling scared the shit out of me.

Solo
Sporloos was a very uncomfortable watch.

Röland
Originally posted by Impediment
The Changeling scared the shit out of me.

Whats The Changeling about? Never seen it.

Espantada23
Plot Summary for
The Changeling (1980)
A man whose family is killed in a road accident retires to a lonely mansion and begins to experience supernatural occurrences linked to the house's mysterious past and its previous owners.
John Russell, a composer and music professor, loses his wife and daughter in a tragic accident. Seeking solace, he moves into an old mansion unoccupied for twelve years. But a child-like presence seems to be sharing the house, and trying to share its secrets, with him. Through research into the house's past and a seance held within, Russell discovers the horrific secret of the house's past, a secret that the presence will no longer allow to be kept.

I saw this a long time ago...I t is kinda creepy

Espantada23
OMG I just remembered another movie that scared the crap out of me...The Sentinel...scared the crap outta me...it's like from the mid 70's but,man it scared me as a kid.

Graveyard Shift
Horror movies are going to scare you if they're centered around your deepest fears. To me, Amityville was one of the scariest I've ever seen, and till this day it gives me the creeps when I see it. There's something truely evil about that story. I remember reading teh book, and weird things started happening when I had it in my house (no lie)

The scariest movie I've ever seen in Eraserhead. My biggest fear is of something so weird that has you trapped inside of their world and you can't get away from them. They're not looking to kill you, but to freak the hell out of you. the weirdness of them, and the close proximity you are to them, is highly disturbing. Eraserhead captured that fear perfectly.

Nordicdusk
I remember seeing the Devil Rides Out when i was a kid and when Satan came on the screen it scared the crap out of me.I still think thats a great scene.

Big Sexy
Omen scared the sh#t out of me when I was younger. Also the ending to carrie when her hand comes out the grave scared me when I was younger.

Espantada23
DEvil RIdes Out?Why haven't I seen that?Now I'm gonna have to look it up.

Espantada23
Ok just saw the trailer of the Devil Rides Out...Looks pretty damn creepy.

Bain
I would say when I was little, Scream was.

I swear I checked every inch of my house for that guy after I saw him and then the sequels.

Also, the scariest recent movie -28 days later, because it was realistic and they looked like sprinters with fangs laughing

NormaBates
I'm sure you're all gonna laugh, but i was scared as hell when i saw
'Zelda' in Pet Sematery'. She still gives me the Creeps, even today i avoid this movie, only because off 'Scary Zeldy'.

roughrider
Just one?

- The First HALLOWE'EN.

It absolutely kills you with anticipation. Seeing it as a younger kid, the impression stays with me even as I get older. Michael Myers first encounter with Laurie in the dark house, and her flight to escape - that sequence will never stop freaking me out.

dave_kodak
Slither is the "scariest horror movie" Ever!

soin2cal
The first halloween i agree is rather scary!!
But i would say texas chainsaw massacre was more so. Or maybe the same. Ages since i saw a really scary horror movie thoughlaughing out loud

dave_kodak
nope your wrong Slither is the greatest and most scary movie ever!

batcavenumber1
Originally posted by Leathergien
yeah same i dont get scared of movies just sometimes there sick but then again i can handle it! smile lol

Try to watch "The eye" alone let see!

soin2cal
I have not seen thatstick out tongue But not everyone thinks each horror is scary. For example, that movie may not appear scary to mestick out tongue

manorastroman
i was watching "child's play" when i was five, so i'm fairly desensitized. when event horizon first came out in theaters, i got some frights. same with IT. and the american ring as well.

those are the only three that got me, even momentarily. frankly, selected episodes of the x-files have really spooked me as well.

soin2cal
Halloween made me jump a bit, where the man was standing at a distance from her home, it was creepy.
I think its a hard question to answer saying everybody has a different view on each horror movie.

JediKatarn1
The Exorcist: The version never seen (2000) was the scariest for me. Wanna see something really scary? Watch the The Exorcist intro, www.TheExorcist.net.

WheretoVirtue?
People were scared in the movie theater in 1408, I was too!

G-Mafia
Evil Dead, when I was 5 years old. When the girl reads the cards. Scared the hell out of me. I was afraid of the dark for 2 years or so after that.

Droopy
The eVIL dEAD AND THE EXORCIST

JediKatarn1
Tales from the Dark Side: number 3 story- "Lover's Vow." The one with the Gargoyle that came to life from the statue and the guy wasn't suppose to tell anyone he saw it. In the end the chic he married was the Gargoyle in human form. That scared the shit out of me.

NPC
Nightmare on Elm street 3

Angel Heart was a F-ed up movie too

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by G-Mafia
Evil Dead, when I was 5 years old. When the girl reads the cards. Scared the hell out of me. I was afraid of the dark for 2 years or so after that.
Originally posted by Droopy
The eVIL dEAD AND THE EXORCIST

Weird, I saw Evil dead as a youngester but found it absolutely hilarious. One movie that scared the hell out of me was CandyMan, lame I know. Because of that movie I always rushed myself while taking a shit coz I was afraid he would gut me. Other scary movies; The Shinning (need I explain?) and the original TCSM ( I thought it was a absolutely true story as a kid).

42ndStreetFreak
"The Haunting" (original)

"The Changeling"

"Woman in Black" (TV)

whitewolfgurl
The scariest movie that I've seen up to date would be The Messengers. It was awesome! cool

Zahria
The Exorcist has to be the scariest to date for me. It's the only horror movie that I have not completely watched.....

Menetnashté
I'm really between The original Haunting and The Poltergeist both of which still freak me out, though IT had a long running streak of scaring the hell out of me as well. I think I'd have to go with the Haunting, since it's just freaky as hell.

Vim
Child's Play when I was younger, cuz I had a stupid doll that looked just like Chucky!! As a teenager... Scream got me, because I was in highschool at the time and we had some psychotic like people there and could at any time potentially become a killer... I lived far off from the road, and with woods all around, so Blair Witch was actually a pretty good scare for me. The realism of it just being these three people with a camera was done well enough.

superr
As great as fictional horror is,for me nothing tops real life.
10 RILLINGTON PLACE was real crime played for real not docu drama.
RICHARD ATTENBOUROGHs portrayal of JOHN CHRISTIE the sheer awfulness of the events and the atmosphere created,still sends a shiver down my spine every time i think of it .It truely haunts me.

bodach
Tough question.

Ridley Scott's 'Alien' is very scary the first time you watch it, imo.

Also, 'Silence of the Lambs' has some very creepy scenes. I still think Brian Cox did a better job of playing Hannibal Lector in 'Man Hunter' than Hopkins did in any of his outings as 'The Cannibal.'

twizzlestyx2008
IT, that movie is intense, and the fact that "Pennywise", that demon preys on all of the characters fears in hopes of destroying the strong friendship they have had for so many years, that's what is so disturbing about that movie. He's just so intent on destroying little kids.

regina414
The Ring scared the hell out of me. For seven days, I was afraid to answer the phone and open the television.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.