what is phantasm?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Leathergien
what is the movie phantasm?

can you tell me if its good and maybe tell me what its about!
or something please

The Core
Overrated as hell, if you ask me.

deathbycorn
"A young boy and his friends face off against a mysterious grave robber known only as the Tall Man, who keeps a mysterious arsenal of terrible weapons with him."

http://www.imdb.com/rg/title-tease/trailers/title/tt0079714/trailers

It's ok, but not worth owning on dvd, just a rent.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by deathbycorn
"A young boy and his friends face off against a mysterious grave robber known only as the Tall Man, who keeps a mysterious arsenal of terrible weapons with him."

http://www.imdb.com/rg/title-tease/trailers/title/tt0079714/trailers

It's ok, but not worth owning on dvd, just a rent. Its pretty good. More was done in 2 because of the bigger budget. For a hoor movie fan its worth a buy.

Deano
i loved it. it has a pretty fresh original concept, and the atmosphere and music were top notch.

Pandemoniac
The story revolves around the vile Tall Man robbing graves to turn the corpses in to slaves looking like Jawa's. Once a kid witnesses the casket containing his recently deceased brother being taken by the Tall Man, he goes out to investigate. Calls some mates, gets on the chase and a pursuit continues on which the kids fight demons and evil midgets, hop around dimensions and face the Tall Man at last.
It has some cool idea's but it's age is really showing compared to later standards in pace, suspense and gore.
Part 2 (1988) does a better job, with less silliness, more demons and gore and not to mention better killer-sphere action (one of the the coolest things in the series). See that one if you want a taste.

vintageSW77

Espantada23
Sounds interesting...I mean I'd heard of it...but I never saw it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.