Trivium - The Crusade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Anyone bought/heard the new Trivium album?

It's pretty damn good.

smokin'

RedAlertv2
Not yet though I intend to give it a listen in the near future.

crazy_shadow
TRIVIUM PWNS, ILL BUY THE CD ASAP

Swe_Bum
Mmm Trivium Rocks!!!

Alpha Centauri
I gave them a chance on their Ascendancy when everyone was either overrating them or calling them shit for the sake of it, I regret it now.

Nothing more than a bunch of Metallica wannabes, so much so, infact, that it's embarassing. I heard Anthem (We Are the Fire) and I honestly thought James Hetfield had a son nobody knew about, that was considerably less talented.

"YE-EAH! YEA-EARHH!". F*ck off.

-AC

Bardiel13
I actually liked Acsendancy, and I heard this one's much more "Thrashy." I'll pick it up when I can.

Alpha Centauri
By "Thrashy", they mean they're trying to be Metallica more.

Seriously, it's not just a silly comparison, they really are.

-AC

Bardiel13
Of course, they're trying to be Metallica. However, their first album was mostly metalcore with some thrash hints. I still liked it. In the Crusade, Heafy sheds his gutteral vocals for more clean and "thrash-like", and the style is tweaked for a more thrash sound. I guess they heard the criticism that a metalcore band was trying to be thrash. So they became thrash.

Alpha Centauri
If they're that easily swayed by what people say, they've got bigger problems than the Metallica comparisons.

I wouldn't have minded as much if they didn't come out saying they were going to do, in two albums, what Metallica did in four.

Third album in and they've already gone down the pan.

-AC

Slay
I read an interview with Heafy in ''Rocktribune'' for the fun of it, and the name ''Metallica'' was dropped to often.
''We want to be the new Metallica''
''...just like Metallica''
''...inspired by Metallica''
''I hope it will be the new 'Master of Puppets' ''
I haven't heard ''The Crusade'' yet, but I'm sure it's God awful, taken how was he described it.

Alpha Centauri
Those are the kind of bands that need to stop coming out.

"We want to be the new...".

If you don't want to be anything original, then don't form a band and come out. There's enough clone copies clogging the airwaves as it is. How will mainstream music ever be credible again if the only thing kids do when they learn an instrument is imitate others?

-AC

Slay
Funny enough he also said:

''Metal is shit nowadays. Nu-metal brought nothing good, but we're here to change that.''

The arrogant ****.

SnakeEyes
Has anyone hear actually HEARD the album?

Slay
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Has anyone hear actually HEARD the album?
I heard ''Anthem (We are the Fire)'' yesterday.

Its shows improvement (Heafy lost the metalcore vocals) but it's still shit.

SnakeEyes
Maybe you guys should check out the full album or at least a couple more songs before being so critical on THIS album.

Heafy's voice is the only thing that reminds me of Metallica. The songs themselves don't remind me of any of Metallica's.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.