Building a Real Lightsaber

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007
I'm not talking about something that could actually kill people. But I'm talking about building a kick-ass lightsaber on my own....something that might not be too much different from one you'd buy in a store, but it would be my own creation.

My best lead is buying one of those sweet $100 lightsabers that is motion-detecting and such, then taking it apart to figure out how to create a reasonable copy of it (I can't afford this right now, but it's just an idea). I could use some of the parts, then customize the hilt and such (if possible). I wouldn't expect it to be motion-detecting or make noises...light and durability would be enough.

Other ideas on how to do this? I really have very little know-how into building sh*t.

This could be a sweet long-term goal for some future Halloween or something. Or just a random geekish pipe-dream. embarrasment

zephiel7
Basically color a piece of paper. Afterwards roll it up, and pretend its a ligthsaber. Then try and convince others that what you are carrying is ligthsaber.

((The_Anomaly))
no expression

Captain REX
Haha, definitely a geekish pipe-dream, Digi. stick out tongue

I'm sure there's ways to make one, though. I'd follow the lead from those motion-detecting ones you mentioned.

Mišt
I like this site, theres a few designs to give you an idea how to make them with pictures and price guides and so on:

http://bigyellowbox.tripod.com/

DigiMark007

Broke Beat
Originally posted by zephiel7
Basically color a piece of paper. Afterwards roll it up, and pretend its a ligthsaber. Then try and convince others that what you are carrying is ligthsaber. laughing

yettoh

Sith Lord Windu
Originally posted by zephiel7
Basically color a piece of paper. Afterwards roll it up, and pretend its a ligthsaber. Then try and convince others that what you are carrying is ligthsaber.

laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing god, thats going to keep me laughing for days... somehow, i can imagine a retard doing that! confused

Darth revan202
i think its a cool idea i might try that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.