Found Some Interesting Comparassions..hope it helps..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Chiki Mina
THeres this article thing in this site that talks about the secrets of Ted/Terry on what are some of their likely patterns that these writers add inot the movie. Like their "marks" something(s) that you know and can tell that is a Ted/Terry story.

Terry & Ted waded into this mess and -- by methodically removing all of the elements that weren't essential to the telling of Aladdin's tale -- ended up crafting one hell of a screenplay. The end result was this bold new take on the material. Sure, Aladdin was still loaded all with the laughs & adventure that Howard Ashman had originally intended the project to have. But -- in their reworking of the material -- Elliot & Rossio had found a way to give the film the one key element that all great Disney animated films have: heart.

Oddly enough, Terry & Ted located the film's emotional center in the most unlikely of places / mostly unlikely of characters: the Genie. In all previous movie / TV / theatrical versions of the Aladdin story, the Genie had been little more than a magic-making plot device. He wasn't anyone you really cared about. Aladdin was the character who was supposed to have all the audience's sympathies. The Genie was just someone who moved the plot forward.

But once Elliot & Rossio realized that the Genie's dilemma (Trapped forever in that lamp. "It's only an eternity of servitude." "Phenomenal cosmic powers. Itty bitty living space."wink might be as compelling to movie-goers as Aladdin's desire to become something more than a "street rat," the story suddenly gained a level of emotional depth that just hadn't been there before.

As you guys read through this, notice on genie's character. Hes the almighty genie with powers that he can do and grant, but hes still a prisoner. And lives in a Itty bitty living space. He can be very powerful and do many tricks and seems very happy slappy, but when you see beyond that, you see an actual person who is lonely and and wishes to be cared and love rather than to have power.

I think we should compare More Genie with Jack. Jack looks powerful because of his Black Pearl and his effects like his sword, hat, etc. He is considered a legend because he is the captain of the fastest ship of the caribbean and has had many adventures in the pearl. But beyond all that Jack can have all that power and all that fame that he wants, but what he really wants-what he really needs is love and warmth. Even in the wide open seas and everything, he still is in an Itty bitty living space. Hes all alone with no one to love him and care for him.

OOO almost forgot heres the link. I got the most important part but if u fellas want to read the rest be my guest! tada!

http://www.digitalmediafx.com/Columns/JimHill/03tedandterry.html

AA CRAP! I spelled the thread title wrong!! uhg im such an ass..

Mistypirate
wow Chiki nice find. Thanks a lot.
That is a really interesting article.

T.Maria
im liking the comparison because i LOVE the genie!!! big grin

Chiki Mina
wha the hell lol I forgot I had this thread lmao! I mustve been sleep typing or something lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.