God made us short for his demands

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

redcaped
We're not that accurate in nature and it's not enough with a given conscience. If you commit the smallest crime and end up in jail he will not do anything about it. He also doesn't seem to care much on how many existing people get lost. We should not tent him by forcing him do our will, like "I'm gonna do this, please protect me." I know he exists and I like all good things but there is one thing I'll like to state...he sounds as confusing as Satan does. I find everything too difficult and too tough for our class. This is my opinion not judgement.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by redcaped
We're not that accurate in nature and it's not enough with a given conscience. If you commit the smallest crime and end up in jail he will not do anything about it. He also doesn't seem to care much on how many existing people get lost. We should not tent him by forcing him do our will, like "I'm gonna do this, please protect me." I know he exists and I like all good things but there is one thing I'll like to state...he sounds as confusing as Satan does. I find everything too difficult and too tough for our class. This is my opinion not judgement.

what the **** are you talking about?

redcaped
My mistake. The proper word is tempt.

Capt_Fantastic
My mistake. The proper word is tempt.

I'm still not following you. For which word is "tempt" the correct usage?

Storm
We should not tent him by forcing him do our will, like "I'm gonna do this, please protect me."

redcaped
Thank you, very kind. To me it sounds understandable but not all minds are the same. That's why we're here.

sonnet
You should read the Bible to understand what God wants from you. It says in the Bible that God's thought are not our thoughts and God's ways not our ways. It also says that we cannot comprehend God and the spiritual nature of God with our minds but only with our spirit ( renewed spirit ) when we open our hearts to Him and accept Jesus as our saviour. Then you will start to understand and know what God wants for us.

Capt_Fantastic
So where is the point? It still doesn't make any sense.God isn't "tempted". He has all teh answers and all teh clues at the same time. What is up with all this limiting of god? He's a pretty self-sufficient character all on his own.

sonnet
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
So where is the point? It still doesn't make any sense.God isn't "tempted". He has all teh answers and all teh clues at the same time. What is up with all this limiting of god? He's a pretty self-sufficient character all on his own.
The Bible says we should not temp God.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by sonnet

Once again, the logic passes you by. That's like me saying I agree with David Duke or Pat Buchannan and quoting their book like it's not a biased reference. And beyond that, how can "god" be tempted? What more does he need? He's already the supreme being in the universe! How right does one entity need to be? How much more in your face does somthing need to be than the almighty already is? If god can be tempted, then he's lacking. which mean's he's not the almighty. Just another person like the rest of us, lusting after something he doesn't have. Which would deny him the position of an unquestionable and all-knowing entity. If god is lacking, and by default desireing, then he has the same issues you and i do. Which explains why he's (the god to which you reffer) nothing more than a construct of your lacking, human mind.

The longer you treat god as a being of equal understanding and temptation, the less credibility you create for yourself and the cause you argue. Can't you grasp that? The more human you want to make god, teh less divine he becomes. That's far too basic for me to comprehend why you can't!

Lord Urizen

IS that even possible ? Is God that immature that we can easily bind him to our human manipulation ?

FeceMan
I'm pretty sure the verse to which he is referring says, "You shall not put the Lord your God to the test."

Not tempt.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by FeceMan
"You shall not put the Lord your God to the test."

CUZ THEN HES GONNA GET YA !

fear

redcaped
The word is "tempt" from us to him, not him as a victim. He's just warning us not to waste our breath because he's deaf to these petitions.

Regret
Originally posted by FeceMan
I'm pretty sure the verse to which he is referring says, "You shall not put the Lord your God to the test."

Not tempt.
The word "test" is not found in the Bible. Perhaps test is another translation of the originating word, I don't feel like studying the Greek and Hebrew to verify this. The term "test" implies the ability to judge the subject being tested, from a Biblical stance such a concept doesn't work. Tempt is presenting something to see if the subject responds and "takes" what has been offered, the term "tempt" is the more accurate term of the two.

But then there is this verse:

And then we must address these verses, as they seem to be somehow in conflict with the above verses:

lord xyz
I know he exists I think your IQ has just dropped.

ThePittman
Mine did from trying to understand the post stick out tongue

redcaped
Originally posted by lord xyz
I think your IQ has just dropped. No, you dropped it. Your opinion won't change things.

sonnet
Once again, the logic passes you by. That's like me saying I agree with David Duke or Pat Buchannan and quoting their book like it's not a biased reference. And beyond that, how can "god" be tempted? What more does he need? He's already the supreme being in the universe! How right does one entity need to be? How much more in your face does somthing need to be than the almighty already is? If god can be tempted, then he's lacking. which mean's he's not the almighty. Just another person like the rest of us, lusting after something he doesn't have. Which would deny him the position of an unquestionable and all-knowing entity. If god is lacking, and by default desireing, then he has the same issues you and i do. Which explains why he's (the god to which you reffer) nothing more than a construct of your lacking, human mind.

The longer you treat god as a being of equal understanding and temptation, the less credibility you create for yourself and the cause you argue. Can't you grasp that? The more human you want to make god, teh less divine he becomes. That's far too basic for me to comprehend why you can't!
Can't you grasp that you do not have a clue what you are talking about? You know nothing about God as He is clearly not a part of your life and you clearly do not have His spirit in you. You clearly do not understand the meaning of the usage of "tempted" in the scripture and therefor you are offering such a ridiculous argument.

FeceMan
You know, I think people are getting just a tad caught up with the word 'tempt.'

Let's talk Hebrew, eh?

Nacah: a primitive root; to test; by implication, to attempt:--adventure, assay, prove, tempt, try.

Now stop blathering on about zomg teh Godzorz being tempted.

Trickster
Can't you grasp that you do not have a clue what you are talking about? You know nothing about God as He is clearly not a part of your life and you clearly do not have His spirit in you. You clearly do not understand the meaning of the usage of "tempted" in the scripture and therefor you are offering such a ridiculous argument.

Oh, wow, so if you don't believe in something you can't talk about it or understand it? Where do you get off talking about athiesm, then?

Anyway, it seems a valid argument to me. Temptation is only temptation if there's a chance the person being tempted will give in to it.

If God is infinite (wholly complete) then he has nothing he desires. You can't tempt someone who's totally content and complete. If you could, they wouldn't be complete. So by saying it's possible to tempt God, you imply there are things he doesn't have and wants - and so isn't perfect.

debbiejo
I'm short...........and yeah there is demanded a lot from me now...............

Make it stop!

Capt_Fantastic

I don't have a clue? Okay well fill us all in on how the word "tempt" has multiple meanings. What does it mean in this case? So, after 13 years of catholic school, fill me in on how I missed teh meaning of the word "tempt".

And Fece, I understand your point too. But these people are so filled by god's spirit, there's no chance they could ever misinterpret the bible. It's god's word. God speaks to them on a daily basis. That's not the chilli cheese gut buster that they feel rumbling in their stomach, it's god whispering to them.

redcaped
I'm not ashamed to admit I'm short woman. You all like to humiliate men and put to the test. In a trade I have many good things others would never have.

sonnet
Originally posted by Trickster
Oh, wow, so if you don't believe in something you can't talk about it or understand it? Where do you get off talking about athiesm, then?

Anyway, it seems a valid argument to me. Temptation is only temptation if there's a chance the person being tempted will give in to it.

If God is infinite (wholly complete) then he has nothing he desires. You can't tempt someone who's totally content and complete. If you could, they wouldn't be complete. So by saying it's possible to tempt God, you imply there are things he doesn't have and wants - and so isn't perfect.
There you go again. Temptation is a word given to the action when a person is for example TRYING to get someone to do something he might not want to do or do something under false pretenses just as Satan TRIED to tempt Jesus. There was never a chance that Jesus would give in because He is God, but Satan tried anyway hoping he could win. Satan was arogant enough to try though. So I guess Jesus proofed to be content and complete and that means God is also content and complete. The Bible does not say that it is possible but it says not to tempt/ test God for we will not be able to stand up to Him. The focus is on the arogance of mankind who thinks it is possible to tempt, test or mislead God.
And then you also assume that to desire can only be a negative act. You just don't know God's Word.

Capt_Fantastic
There you go again. Temptation is a word given to the action when a person is for example TRYING to get someone to do something he might not want to do or do something under false pretenses just as Satan TRIED to tempt Jesus. There was never a chance that Jesus would give in because He is God, but Satan tried anyway hoping he could win. Satan was arogant enough to try though. So I guess Jesus proofed to be content and complete and that means God is also content and complete. The Bible does not say that it is possible but it says not to tempt/ test God for we will not be able to stand up to Him. The focus is on the arogance of mankind who thinks it is possible to tempt, test or mislead God.
And then you also assume that to desire can only be a negative act. You just don't know God's Word.

If god would never exhibit human characteristics, they why do you try so hard to ascribe them to him? As far as I can tell "god" created statn just like he created sin and vice. If you want to blme someone for the injustce and stupidity in the world, then you have to blame god. Because he created good as well as evil. And what's more, you have to blame him for the temptaion of humanity just as much as you do the devil.

Satan tried, thinking he could win? Are you a ****ing log?

sonnet
If god would never exhibit human characteristics, they why do you try so hard to ascribe them to him? As far as I can tell "god" created statn just like he created sin and vice. If you want to blme someone for the injustce and stupidity in the world, then you have to blame god. Because he created good as well as evil. And what's more, you have to blame him for the temptaion of humanity just as much as you do the devil.

Satan tried, thinking he could win? Are you a ****ing log?

And this comes back to you writing about your MISCONCEPTION of what is written in God's word. If you do not know, don't write about it.

Capt_Fantastic
And this comes back to you writing about your MISCONCEPTION of what is written in God's word. If you do not know, don't write about it.

i can and would say MUCH the same about you. If you don't know, then keep your face shut. But you think you know, so you speak. Out of turn and ill-informed I might add.

Lord Urizen

All Mythology....

Why are we discussing fairy tales ?

sonnet
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
All Mythology....

Why are we discussing fairy tales ?
Why,... are you interested?

sonnet
i can and would say MUCH the same about you. If you don't know, then keep your face shut. But you think you know, so you speak. Out of turn and ill-informed I might add.
At least I know God"s Word and do not abuse the scriptures to fit my life.That is why I feel free to write about it.

FeceMan
I have to agree with you.

Lord Urizen
Why,... are you interested?

I find it interesting when people devout so much power into something they cannot touch.....

It's fascinating and admirable.

However, when it turns to zealotry, it becomes dangerous.

debbiejo
Christians like to pretend that they have the formula for an infinite life like God, but an infinite life has its own disadvantages. To be conscious thoughout an infinite life would require an infinite brain, any thought of which would be infinitesimal. The whole idea of the almighty God believed by the Christians is couched in problems, but they simply shrug them off. That God chose one moment in an infinite time to incarnate on earth is flattering to humanity, in that God must be incredibly concerned for these witless creatures that can do little to help themselves, but it all is simply human conceit. It is the vanity that the incrnated God warned about when He repeatedly said that His followers must be humble. No Christian is. To imagine that an infinite God bothers about an infinitesimal speck is vanity. That discounts them from salvation. The Christian message is plain, though all Christians cannot bare to face it. It is that self-abnegation and service to others is all that gets the blessing of God. It is a narrow gate not a broad one!

Could a being supposed to be perfect and almighty knowingly make a creature that required saving from some imperfection that He could have made perfect? Christians must satisfy themselves of such matters, admittedly not a difficult task, but also those they would persuade, that God is not an idiot. Though almighty and perfect, He deliberately made some imperfection that required Him to incarnate Himself as one of His own creatures to suffer death to save them from the imperfection He had anticipated. Was this plan for the benefit of the hapless creature or the God? After all, 2000 years and about ten billion dead creatures later there still seems no sign that this salvation is working. The world is worse than ever it was, and among the worse criminals are Christians. The idea that God is such a moron that He has to atone for something He already knew about says something about those who believe it. If there is an almighty God, He is by definition almighty, and not an imbecile, so the imbeciles must be the Christians themselves.

finti
hear "yi" hear "yi"..........like to pretend they have monopoly on beliefs as well

debbiejo
Yep, and Sonnets back...........She's been cruel to us.....bash

finti
Sonnet aint a problem my love gun is though
No place for hidin' baby
No place to run
You pull the trigger of my
Love gun, (love gun), love gun
Love gun, (love gun), love gun - KISS

debbiejo
Oh my god........

finti
thats usually the respons we get devil

debbiejo
Are you talking orgasmism???

finti
beside heavy breathing and screaming in our ear you mean

debbiejo
Heavy breathing.......... bunny bunny

finti
-Snap

debbiejo
Cool song.

finti
at times

debbiejo
and other times?

finti
works

debbiejo
OK

finti
t a dah

debbiejo
Go away...lol

finti
they say so and wish the opposite

debbiejo
How's your nickers?

finti
thight

debbiejo
rolling on floor laughingHAHAHAHA

finti
and thighter they get...........

debbiejo
You should do something about that.........yep.

Can anyone here be of any assistance?

finti
big grinbig grinbig grin oyeah please girls evil face

debbiejo
You are sooo funny......*speachless*

finti
so all the gils say too afterwards......................

redcaped
until I get in them

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.