How Close???!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MattDay
$199,755,531

to this date of post!

I think I might just finish at $199,999,999 lol

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=superman06.htm

systemshock2
Yay! It's definitely going to reach the double century mark now. I'd venture to say most of the business now is coming from the current IMAX run. Over here in Austin TX it's still playing around the clock in the IMAX theater. Pretty amazing to think that even after 4 months in the theaters the movie is still making money.

Btw isn't Superman Returns the highest grossing movie in IMAX history? I think I read that somewhere.

chase el
its very true

MattDay
yea, it had the widest IMAX release ever, and also brought in the most as expected

MattDay
$199,833,005

Grinning Goku
$200,006,305

systemshock2
I thought people might like to read this from Superohype.com:

---------------------------------------

Warner Bros. Pictures president and COO Alan Horn was previously reported to have said that if Superman Returns hits the $200 million mark domestically, the studio would move ahead with a sequel. That day has come, as the Bryan Singer-directed summer movie finally passed the mark this weekend, earning $173,000 to bring its total to $200,006,305 after 117 days in release. The film has brought in about $190 million overseas for a worldwide total of $390 million.

Horn said back in August that he expected Superman Returns to eventually gross about $400 million worldwide, more than last year's hit Batman Begins. "I thought it was a very successful movie, but I think it should have done $500 million worldwide," Horn said then.

He and Singer have both mentioned a possible summer 2009 release for the sequel.

-------------------------------------------------

Sweet. It's not official news about the sequel going ahead but at least it's pretty good news about it. Wow 117 days and it's still running.

MattDay
it's having an impressive run this movie, more than batman begins... almost hehe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.