Teen Kills Boy Over Sexual Snub

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Amy Lynn Lee
A murderer aged only 14 hatched a chilling plot to lure a vulnerable young schoolmate to his house.

Michael Hamer produced a bogus letter from the deputy principal telling 11-year-old cystic fibrosis sufferer Joe Geeling to go home with him.
When Joe was there at his mercy, he battered him with a pan and stabbed him 16 times on March 1 this year.

He put the body in a wheelie bin and dragged it 800m to bury it in a park before returning home to complete his homework on the Ten Commandments.

The next day he turned up at the school in Bury, Manchester, as if nothing had happened.

Yesterday Hamer, a policeman's son, was given a life sentence with a 12-year minimum after pleading guilty at Manchester Crown Court.

The St Gabriel's RC High School pupil had spent weeks planning how to persuade Joe to follow him home, in a case which has drawn comparisons with the murder of James Bulger and with notorious child killer Mary Bell.

He made four drafts of his forged letter before deciding on a version he felt would dupe Joe.

Still unconvinced, Joe showed the letter to his teacher, who told him to take it to deputy principal Linda Foley.

But while he waited outside Mrs Foley's office he was intercepted by Hamer, who persuaded him to follow him home.

When Joe's broken body was found the next day, the letter was still in his trouser pocket, stained with his blood.

Detectives who investigated the murder have asked the Crown Prosecution Service to consider appealing against the sentence as "unduly lenient".

Joe's father, Tom, looked at his wife, Gwen, and shook his head as the sentence was passed.

In a moving statement to the court yesterday, the devastated father had described how proud he and his wife had been at Joe's courage in the face of his illness.

Hamer's barrister, David Steer, QC, told the court that in recent days he had admitted the murder was sexually motivated.

Mr Steer said the murder stemmed from "an adolescent sexual approach which went horribly wrong". It led to Joe accusing Hamer of being gay and threatening to tell others, at which point Hamer lashed out.

The judge told Hamer, now 15, he was guilty of a ferocious attack which occurred in a "frenzied few minutes" and triggered by Joe spurning his advances.

"Joe was clearly an intensely loved member of a close and devoted family," he said.

"You have taken Joe from them and damaged the lives of all who loved him."

Police are convinced Hamer had always intended to kill Joe, after fantasising about having power over younger boys.

He picked on Joe simply because he was "perceived as weak" because of his cystic fibrosis.

Joe's body was found in Whitehead Park by a police dog, buried under a pile of twigs, stones and rubbish.

Can I ask, what is the point in giving this vicious young man a life sentence, when he may well be released from prison in only twelve years? Twelve years seems like a pittance for the murder of an innocent young boy who had no chance of defending himself.

What are your thoughts on this? Should Michael Hamer have received a longer prison term?

botankus
I think he should be digitally raped behind bars.

Amy Lynn Lee
No doubt he'll be placed in protective custody-I imagine there will be no shortage of inmates who want to have their way with him!

Mišt
Originally posted by Amy Lynn Lee
Yesterday Hamer, a policeman's son, was given a life sentence with a 12-year minimum after pleading guilty at Manchester Crown Court.

Good.

Mindship
Hamer needs some serious psychiatric intervention, cuz as an adult, when he's out, he'll do something like this again.

Mr. Sandman
What are your thoughts on this? Should Michael Hamer have received a longer prison term?

Would you like for them to have given him two life sentences? How about three? What if he comes back to life a fourth time? You're right, let's add a fourth and fifth life sentence just to make sure.

Life in prison sounds fine. If getting ass raped in prison for 12 years doesn't change this kid, nothing will.

Kayne Archeron
religious school-boy becomes homicidal (and possibly homosexual) murderer... i'm sure this definately has the christian anti-gays stumped

KidRock
hopefully hes raped and killed in there

Soleran
Originally posted by botankus
I think he should be digitally raped behind bars.

Make it so Botankus, make it so!

Gregory
Originally posted by KidRock

Go go petty vengeance fantasies!

lord xyz
A murderer aged only 14 hatched a chilling plot to lure a vulnerable young schoolmate to his house.

Michael Hamer produced a bogus letter from the deputy principal telling 11-year-old cystic fibrosis sufferer Joe Geeling to go home with him.
When Joe was there at his mercy, he battered him with a pan and stabbed him 16 times on March 1 this year.

He put the body in a wheelie bin and dragged it 800m to bury it in a park before returning home to complete his homework on the Ten Commandments.

The next day he turned up at the school in Bury, Manchester, as if nothing had happened.

The St Gabriel's RC High School pupil had spent weeks planning how to persuade Joe to follow him home, in a case which has drawn comparisons with the murder of James Bulger and with notorious child killer Mary Bell.

He made four drafts of his forged letter before deciding on a version he felt would dupe Joe.

Still unconvinced, Joe showed the letter to his teacher, who told him to take it to deputy principal Linda Foley.

But while he waited outside Mrs Foley's office he was intercepted by Hamer, who persuaded him to follow him home.

When Joe's broken body was found the next day, the letter was still in his trouser pocket, stained with his blood.

Detectives who investigated the murder have asked the Crown Prosecution Service to consider appealing against the sentence as "unduly lenient".

Joe's father, Tom, looked at his wife, Gwen, and shook his head as the sentence was passed.

In a moving statement to the court yesterday, the devastated father had described how proud he and his wife had been at Joe's courage in the face of his illness.

Hamer's barrister, David Steer, QC, told the court that in recent days he had admitted the murder was sexually motivated.

Mr Steer said the murder stemmed from "an adolescent sexual approach which went horribly wrong". It led to Joe accusing Hamer of being gay and threatening to tell others, at which point Hamer lashed out.

The judge told Hamer, now 15, he was guilty of a ferocious attack which occurred in a "frenzied few minutes" and triggered by Joe spurning his advances.

"Joe was clearly an intensely loved member of a close and devoted family," he said.

"You have taken Joe from them and damaged the lives of all who loved him."

Police are convinced Hamer had always intended to kill Joe, after fantasising about having power over younger boys.

He picked on Joe simply because he was "perceived as weak" because of his cystic fibrosis.

Joe's body was found in Whitehead Park by a police dog, buried under a pile of twigs, stones and rubbish.

Can I ask, what is the point in giving this vicious young man a life sentence, when he may well be released from prison in only twelve years? Twelve years seems like a pittance for the murder of an innocent young boy who had no chance of defending himself.

What are your thoughts on this? Should Michael Hamer have received a longer prison term? The way Iheard it the boy stabbed the teen. Maybe the BBC should be a bit clearer next time.

Ultraman Baltan
That's sick. If he was at my school, I would utterly destroy him.

Pandemoniac
I'm more concerned about how this 14 year old kid ended up doing what he did. Have there been any comments by the killer-kid's parents?

Bardock42
Aww, the poor guy won't have much chance to live out his fantasies about having power over younger boys now..well, at least I am not familiar with many 13 year olds in prison...

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by KidRock

I wouldn't doubt it, ey.

Robtard
What he needs is to have that whole religious "Being gay is evil" nonsense wiped out of his head. I have a feeling if he wasn't in a religious school he wouldn't of lashed out as hard at the threat of being exposed as a homosexual. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to pass the buck onto religion solely as this kid has serious mental issue with the whole "power over young boys" bit, but religion was a catalyst in the murder I think.

If is it true that he had planed on killing the boy regardless of whether he had or hadn't been willing to go along with the sexual fantasy, he should at the very least serve all 12 years and not be allowed an early parole.

Quiero Mota

..........*rendered completely speechless by the gruesome irony*...........

Robtard
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
..........*rendered completely speechless by the gruesome irony*...........

Maybe he hadn't reached Commandment 5 (or 6 depending on denomination) yet... Sounds like that could be a Gary Lasrson comic.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Robtard
Maybe he hadn't reached Commandment 5 (or 6 depending on denomination) yet...

erm Maybe.

Kelly_LS

Maybe he'll get AIDS and die while in jail before they even THINK of releasing him. erm It's a bit harsh, but so was what he did.

Amy Lynn Lee
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
Would you like for them to have given him two life sentences? How about three? What if he comes back to life a fourth time? You're right, let's add a fourth and fifth life sentence just to make sure.

Life in prison sounds fine. If getting ass raped in prison for 12 years doesn't change this kid, nothing will.

Life in prison DOES sound fine, but this young man may be out in only twelve years-a far cry from a life sentence. Twenty years would have been better than twelve.

@ lord xyz - I too heard the boy stabbed the teen. Apparently, the boy was threatening to reveal that the teen was homosexual, and, when Hamer threatened him, the boy stabbed him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.