The Sopranos: Road to Respect

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Last night, I watched the "Making Of" special on HBO for this game, and, to be quite honest, I am ecstatic about this. As a long time, die hard Sopranos fan who has every season on DVD, this looks to be a fun game. At first, I was skeptical, since there are SO many GTA-esque games these days: a thug wandering around a worldmap doing random missions, shooting people, and other criminal mayhem. This game, however, is all about respect. You play as Joey LaRocco, the illegitimate b@stard son of Salvatore "Big Pussy" Bompensiero, who is newly inducted into Tony Sopranos' crew. As the son of a "rat" who was whacked by Tony, Silvio, and Paulie, Joey must rise in the ranks of the criminal underworld to achieve his ultimate goal as a "made man" of respect. The main premise of the game being respect, the player has to maintain a "Respect Meter" throughout the entire game. The higher the meter, the more you advance and, thus, the more you make. The lower your respect meter goes, the less you earn, and should your meter reach zero............you get whacked and game over. You can even play poker with the Soprano crew and earn some serious dough, once you've attained a certain level of respect. The coolest thing about this game is that every single voice in the game is acted by the real Sopranos cast member. James Gandolfini, Steven van Zandt, Tony Sirrico, Michael Imperioli, and even Vincent Pastore, the Big Pussy himself, is in the game. While some people may not be a fan of the show, like me, I am genuinley excited about this game. I just wish that there was more information to go on about this, but I couldnt find any. I'll just have to wait for the EGM review. Anyone else hear about this?

Kaled
i expect its gameplay won't be disimilar to that of the godfathers, and if thats the case, its far from a bad thing smile

TricksterPriest
Pardon my french, but Godfather was a serious piece of dreck. If this is anything like the godfather game, it's going to be a serious turd.

Impediment
It might not be for everybody, but it'll be a real treat for Sopranos fans like me. I'm trying not to get my hopes too high, because I agree that The Godfather was awful. Maybe The Sopranos won't be. Hopefully.

Kaled
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Pardon my french, but Godfather was a serious piece of dreck. If this is anything like the godfather game, it's going to be a serious turd.

none of that was french stick out tongue heres an example sentence when you say pardon my french no expression

Pardon my French but cameron is so tight that if you stuck a lump of coal up his ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond

thats rude, what you said was opinion smile

jaden101
a game like this completely misses what makes the sopranos what it is...very little of the series is actually about the crime aspect...so how do you incorporate the dysfunctional family aspect into the game?...

Phat J
who wants to play a dysfunctional family game, honestly? not me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.