October Surprise?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS
PVS's Psychic Prediction:

*gazes into crystal ball*

within the next two weeks we will face the newest al qaeda terror threat...probable attacks which will dwarf 9/11 and leave america in radioactive ruins...it is not known where or when they will strike, but an attack is imminent. this of coarse will have nothing to do with the up and coming congressional elections.

americans will be advised to be terrified, but not so terrified as to not venture out of your home to your assigned ballot location and vote.

BOO!!! YOU'RE GONNA DIE!!! vote conservative (independant in the case of lieberman)

so um...yeah....where is the neocon october surprise? the left already shined the spotlight on the kiddie fondling cockroach and all his enablers, but what does bushco have in store? surely pissing on our millenia-old right of habius corpus isnt the surprise. what do you think? if not terror related, what could it possibly be?

Alliance
We still have 13 days left smile. Thats more than enough time to find a terror threat.

"We don't know when, we don't know where, but something awful is going to happen."

PVS
maybe bin laden will make a new tape to endorse condemn president bush like in 04

KidRock
Ouch..the insecure liberals strike again.

sithsaber408
It will more likely be N. Korea or Iran.

Imagine if they "caught" Bin Laden before the elections!!!

(would be funny if we already had him, and Bush was keeping him as an ace-in-the-hole for drumming up supoort.)

Soleran
Originally posted by PVS

within the next two weeks we will face the newest al qaeda terror threat...probable attacks which will dwarf 9/11 and leave america in radioactive ruins...it is not known where or when they will strike, but an attack is imminent. this of coarse will have nothing to do with the up and coming congressional elections.

americans will be advised to be terrified, but not so terrified as to not venture out of your home to your assigned ballot location and vote.

BOO!!! YOU'RE GONNA DIE!!! vote conservative (independant in the case of lieberman)

so um...yeah....where is the neocon october surprise? the left already shined the spotlight on the kiddie fondling cockroach and all his enablers, but what does bushco have in store? surely pissing on our millenia-old right of habius corpus isnt the surprise. what do you think? if not terror related, what could it possibly be?

That sounds like you got a clip of Maher before he shows this Friday.

sithsaber408
Here we go, it's NFL stadiums.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061018/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/football_threats

Sadly, as this is a threat not deemed to be serious, we might see it happen. sad

§P0oONY
OTF ermm

debbiejo
I don't remember it really happening last year...

Robtard
Originally posted by PVS

BOO!!! YOU'RE GONNA DIE!!!vote conservative (independant in the case of lieberman)

We have Kim Jong-Il to scare us now, the Republicans will trumpet what a possible threat he is and then declare that the Democrats are not unified or have the backbone to protect the country from threats as we have heard before.

As far as Foley goes, the Democrats were stupid for relying on that as their trump card, because it didn't play out so well for them. They better have something else loaded and ready.

FeceMan
What the troll.

Robtard
Originally posted by FeceMan
What the troll.

Huh? Are you calling me a troll?

FeceMan
No, PVS.

debbiejo
He is..............yep!

Alliance
Originally posted by KidRock
Ouch..the insecure liberals strike again.

Its not really "insecurity" or "libearls".

October surprises happen in every incumbent administration before practically any big election.

Way to go on a witch-hunt.

debbiejo
Please don't burn me again............didn't that happen in the 1500's........ Please don't make me do that again.........crybaby

Alliance
I saw Goody Debbiejo with the DEVIL!

debbiejo
Nooooooooooo...!! Don't call my daddy that.........We were just sharing drinks.....

Alliance
You were DANCING!

Robtard
Originally posted by Alliance
You were DANCING!

Debbiejo wasn't dancing with the Devil, she was...

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/8320/satkisah8.jpg

Alliance
ohnoes

PVS
What the troll.

that was not bait. its an honest question.
now, are you trying to bait me? there is a word for such a practice....

troll.

now, why dont you either express your disagreement or just go away? kthxbye*smooch*

:edit: no wait, you win. the 'october surprise' is something i just made up and there have never been conveniently timed terror threats to coincide with election season since 911...nothing to see here

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS
that was not bait. its an honest question.
now, are you trying to bait me? there is a word for such a practice....

now, why dont you either express your disagreement or just go away? kthxbye*smooch*

:edit: no wait, you win. the 'october surprise' is something i just made up and there have never been conveniently timed terror threats to coincide with election season since 911...nothing to see here
QQ

debbiejo
Originally posted by Robtard
Debbiejo wasn't dancing with the Devil, she was...

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/8320/satkisah8.jpg She was what???? laughing out loud

AlSO PVS IS A TROLL, TROLL, TROLL.............Lit'l kitten says so........(enjoy your knew handle Mr.).......lol

PVS
QQ

dude, you are so hip.

Originally posted by debbiejo

AlSO PVS IS A TROLL, TROLL, TROLL.............Lit'l kitten says so........(enjoy your knew handle Mr.).......lol

handle this

FeceMan
I'm leet hip, bitches.

Kayne Archeron
1 d0n't b3 t|2uck1n w1t' n0 d3v1l!!!

botankus
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Here we go, it's NFL stadiums.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061018/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/football_threats

Sadly, as this is a threat not deemed to be serious, we might see it happen. sad

I'm going to the Atlanta/Pittsburgh game on Sunday, and the only act of terrorism I'll see will be what the Steelers running game does to the Falcons overmatched defense.

PVS
man of a thousand football zingers

Alliance
Hehe....terrorism.

Darth Kreiger
The Republicans don't need any Terrorist Attack to win, they will as long as the Democrats keep screwing themselves over, and if there arn't anymore Foleys

Robtard
She was what???? laughing out loud

She was giving Satan a rimjob and forever sealing her pact with him, the forsaken whore she is. Scary thought, the Puritans actually thought this is how (or one way) a witch sold her soul to the devil.

Na, he wasn't trolling in this thread, it was an honest question.

Strangelove
Originally posted by PVS

so um...yeah....where is the neocon october surprise? the left already shined the spotlight on the kiddie fondling cockroach and all his enablers, but what does bushco have in store? surely pissing on our millenia-old right of habius corpus isnt the surprise. what do you think? if not terror related, what could it possibly be? Have you guys read the Washington Post article about Bush and Rove? They seem uncannily at ease about the elections...it makes me worried confused Here's the article:

White House Upbeat About GOP Prospects WaPo 10/15

debbiejo
She was giving Satan a rimjob and forever sealing her pact with him, the forsaken whore she is. Scary thought, the Puritans actually thought this is how (or one way) a witch sold her soul to the devil.

Na, he wasn't trolling in this thread, it was an honest question. I'm not a witch.........weep

Strangelove
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
The Republicans don't need any Terrorist Attack to win, they will as long as the Democrats keep screwing themselves over, and if there arn't anymore Foleys The Republicans have already lost

Kayne Archeron
I'm not a witch.........weep

darn...

Strangelove
Originally posted by Strangelove
Have you guys read the Washington Post article about Bush and Rove? They seem uncannily at ease about the elections...it makes me worried confused Here's the article:

White House Upbeat About GOP Prospects WaPo 10/15 it's a good read smile

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I think the surprise will have to be something pretty big, seeing as Bush has just admitted that the US is losing the battle for Baghdad. That's something most sane people have realised for a long time, so he must be sucking everyone in for an astounding sucker-punch.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,1926809,00.html

PVS
whatever the case, bush and company seem calm and confident that they will maintain the senate majority. the fact that they have waited this long can only mean that they have a baldface lie waiting to throw out, maybe it a 4 year old terror threat (remember that gem?) passed off as a new and imminent threat at choice political timing. the reason i see a lie coming is that there would be no time to investigate and refute a lie this close to election day, and by the time its found out...too late suckers

i am certain that something will happen.
there is no other explanation for such calm last minute confidence in the face of certain defeat...unless they just finally lost all touch with reality.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Maybe they're just going to come out and say:

"Look, guys...We've messed-up. We took Afghanistan to build pipes, invaded Iraq just to get some oil, we've f*cked-up the whole Middle East because we're retarded, we've escalated the anti-Western sentiment amongst Muslim nations, we've tortured and abused innocent people, we don't give a f*ck about the environment, we've reduced all of your civil liberties, and we hate poor people. Now that we're being honest with you, don't you respect that? Come on, give us another chance..."

If they do that, going on the voting record of the majority of Americans, they'll win for sure.

PVS
only other thing i can think of is if they have bin laden.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by PVS

i am certain that something will happen.
there is no other explanation for such calm last minute confidence in the face of certain defeat...unless they just finally lost all touch with reality.

Unless they just realize that all of the consevatives will still vote for them.

The voters who gave them victories in 2000, 2002, and 2004 are still the same people.

They want strong leaders against terrorism, ones who don't support gay marriage, abortion, or removing God from our country in every way.

A single gay guy who molested pages won't stop Republicans, Conservatives, or Christians from voting for the people who support what they believe in.

Will that be enough?

We'll see.

We did get NBC to cut the scene of Madonna lying on a crucifix with a crown of thorns, just from our e-mails. (proud participant.)

Strangelove
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Maybe they're just going to come out and say:

"Look, guys...We've messed-up. We took Afghanistan to build pipes, invaded Iraq just to get some oil, we've f*cked-up the whole Middle East because we're retarded, we've escalated the anti-Western sentiment amongst Muslim nations, we've tortured and abused innocent people, we don't give a f*ck about the environment, we've reduced all of your civil liberties, and we hate poor people. Now that we're being honest with you, don't you respect that? Come on, give us another chance..."

If they do that, going on the voting record of the majority of Americans, they'll win for sure. srug it worked with Kennedy

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Unless they just realize that all of the consevatives will still vote for them.

The voters who gave them victories in 2000, 2002, and 2004 are still the same people.

When you say the voters are "still the same people", do you mean they are still a bunch of f*cking idiots?

I can't believe that they still haven't learned from their mistakes. Well, actually, since they voted for Bush in the first place, I can.

Bardock42

We did get NBC to cut the scene of Madonna lying on a crucifix with a crown of thorns, just from our e-mails. (proud participant.) I'm so proud of you, Hitler couldn't have done it better.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Bardock42
I'm so proud of you, Hitler couldn't have done it better.

So funny Bardock, I enjoyed that.

Really though, you think it's fine for NBC to cut out showing Danish cartoons that make fun of Muslim's, which was causing controversy, (a legitamite news story) for fear of offending them, yet it's fine for Madonna to mock Christianity by being put on a crucifix writhing around with a crown of thorns?

C'mon dude.

There is so much anti-Christian bias in mainstream media/news as it is.

Take Katie Couric during the Amish school shootings.

When one of the parents of a Columbine shooting victim came on, he said that all the recent school shootings were (to him) a reflection of taking God out of schools, of teaching evolution, that there is no point to life, etc......

Now Couric had other people on the program, other points of view to offer, as any good journalist should.

But she went out of her way to say that the views expressed by the man were not in any way affiltiated with CBS. that's fine I guess, although I think most people know that, and know that she just gives people a forum to discuss current events.

What I can't believe though, is that after the show she goes on her personal blog to apologize to her viewers that they "had to witness those things".

I take that as an active stance against God, against Christianity, and against Christians who have just as much a right to speak their viewpoint as anybody else.

Nobody supposed that she believed the same as the man did, but she went out of her way to make it a big deal and distance herself from it.

No religion is more attacked, ridiculed, or treated as taboo than Christianity.

Another case in point was the senior who graduated as valedictorian this spring, and had her mic literally cut off during her speech for thank Jesus for blessing her.

(because the school "cannot promote a religion"wink

Bullshit.

The school wasn't promoting jack shit, the student was making a personal statement.

You and I both know that had she thanked the calm teachings of buddha that helped her study, or the truths of Islam that gave her wisdom, or her gay parents/lifestyle that taught her to persevere over all obstacles that the school board would have given her a standing ovation.

For certain, they wouldn't have dare tried to censor her for fear of being "intolerant" or "biggoted".

But it's okay to pull the plug on Christianity?

No Bardock, this is wrong, and all jokes aside, you can bet your bottom dollar that I and the other 100 million evagelical Christians in this country aren't standing for it any longer.

Funny that you would liken me to Hitler, when it's my people being hunted.

Capt_Fantastic

(aside from the typical issues I have with your position.) Don't you think this statment a bit melodramatic?

Fishy

Shortened to not include the bullshit

So is that why the US becoming more Christian everyday why teachers are fired for showing nude people, why the president wants to make it illegal for gays to marriage through the constitution, is that why you swear an oath under god why people are still allowed to pray at school why there are statues of the ten commandments in public buildings and all that crap?

Christians under attack my ass, you people rule the country. It would have been great if you were really under attack at least then the decisions they made might be sane.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
(aside from the typical issues I have with your position.) Don't you think this statment a bit melodramatic?

Aye, but I meant figuratively.

In the media (forget "liberal media", just the media in general) we are being portrayed as nuts (see Studio 60 a new comedy about SNL where they make a sketch called "crazy Christians), or serial killers, or over-bearing ass hole parents, or as just plain old-fashion fools that shouldn't be payed attention to (see the Katie Couric situation), when most Christians are hard-working, intelligent people that believe in love, helping those that are in need, respect for leadership and authority, and living in truth with moral standards.

Now tell me honestly Cap, do you think that the school would have DARED to silence the valdedictorian senior if she was thanking Allah, Buddha, or her gay parents?

Hell no. You know they wouldn't, they'd get fired, sued, and lambasted all over the T.V.

But thanking Christ, and its "quick, cut her mic!"Originally posted by Fishy
So is that why the US becoming more Christian everyday why teachers are fired for showing nude people, why the president wants to make it illegal for gays to marriage through the constitution, is that why you swear an oath under god why people are still allowed to pray at school why there are statues of the ten commandments in public buildings and all that crap?

Christians under attack my ass, you people rule the country. It would have been great if you were really under attack at least then the decisions they made might be sane.

Actually Fishy, they're pulling the Ten commandments from court houses already.

They are trying to have "one nation, under God" removed from our countries pledge of Allegiance.

They are pushing at every turn to legalize gay marrigae, make abortions a permanent, free thing under any circumstances despite a girls age, and are moving to ban Christianity not only from schools and government, but from all American life.

Not through phsyical force or economic hardship, but through the culture. Through music and movies, and TV.

Through young people like yourself who believe that people who've felt the touch of God in their lives and want to live a better life are somehow bat-shit insane.

It is these kinds of things that have given rise to the recent surge in conservative Christians standing up and making their voices heard, since they are tired of being trounced in every media outlet, at every turn whilst every other religious, ethnic, minority group is given complete and total protection from the harrassment that Christians are given.

Look no further than the general attitude of the KMC forums to get a good measure of what common sentiment is to any Christian who speaks up about his beliefs and ideals, rather than hiding away in a church.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
When you say the voters are "still the same people", do you mean they are still a bunch of f*cking idiots?

I can't believe that they still haven't learned from their mistakes. Well, actually, since they voted for Bush in the first place, I can. Yes, unfortunately, stupid people, stay stupid. erm

Fishy
Good, seeing as religion and state are separated those things have no business being in a court house.

Again separation of religion and state makes this more then logical. You aren't a country under god, god does not give you the right to exist and even if he does it doesn't matter because your country should not be ruled by it.

And you see this as anti-christian? I see this as pro-human, go freedom.

Biblical television? Jesus Camps? Fox News? The Christian view is still more powerful in the US then the none christian view, don't act like your attacked. The views of the Christians for some reason still dictate how your country is run, so it's not being oppressed.

And this just shows that you don't know me, seeing as I do believe in god but I also feel that religion has no business at all in a government and it certainly shouldn't be forced upon anybody, and nobody should at any time in their life be forced to listen to religious rules that do not benefit all of society and because of that a lot of religious rules should be banned.

The majority often does not have the same protection as the minority does not mean that they don't have any protection, after all you have the majority of the country on your side. Again your not being oppressed, if anything the country is just becoming fairer to everybody by removing Christian influence but that's not really happening because Christian influence still stands strong...

Is that why there a 100 million conservative christians in the US according to you? That's a third of the population, and those are just the conservatives... Oh boy Christians have it so tough they are being attacked everywhere, stop dreaming and wake up there is no group in the US that oppresses and hurts other people as much as the Conservative Christian group...

lord xyz
Aye, but I meant figuratively.

In the media (forget "liberal media", just the media in general) we are being portrayed as nuts (see Studio 60 a new comedy about SNL where they make a sketch called "crazy Christians), or serial killers, or over-bearing ass hole parents, or as just plain old-fashion fools that shouldn't be payed attention to (see the Katie Couric situation), when most Christians are hard-working, intelligent people that believe in love, helping those that are in need, respect for leadership and authority, and living in truth with moral standards.

Now tell me honestly Cap, do you think that the school would have DARED to silence the valdedictorian senior if she was thanking Allah, Buddha, or her gay parents?

Hell no. You know they wouldn't, they'd get fired, sued, and lambasted all over the T.V.

But thanking Christ, and its "quick, cut her mic!"

They are trying to have "one nation, under God" removed from our countries pledge of Allegiance.

They are pushing at every turn to legalize gay marrigae, make abortions a permanent, free thing under any circumstances despite a girls age, and are moving to ban Christianity not only from schools and government, but from all American life.

Not through phsyical force or economic hardship, but through the culture. Through music and movies, and TV.

Through young people like yourself who believe that people who've felt the touch of God in their lives and want to live a better life are somehow bat-shit insane.

It is these kinds of things that have given rise to the recent surge in conservative Christians standing up and making their voices heard, since they are tired of being trounced in every media outlet, at every turn whilst every other religious, ethnic, minority group is given complete and total protection from the harrassment that Christians are given.

Look no further than the general attitude of the KMC forums to get a good measure of what common sentiment is to any Christian who speaks up about his beliefs and ideals, rather than hiding away in a church. I fail to see how all this is a bad thing. I'm glad that the US is turning away from God and Jesus bollocks, it stops fundamentalism, and increases liberalism. You obviously disagree, but that's your problem.

sithsaber408
Niether one of you could give any good reason why a high school senior, the valedictorian no less, should have her mic cut during her speech for thanking Jesus Christ if she wishes to do so.

Neither of you can deny that had she thanked Buddha for giving her peace, Allah for giving her wisdom, or her gay parent/life-partner for showing her how to perservere through hardship.... she would have been cheered.

She earned the best grades of all the high school, earned her speech, earned the right to say whatever she pleased, and was CENSORED for thanking her God. She was told not to express her religious freedom.

The fact that its okay to do that to Christians, and you're guilty of a hate crime to do it to anybody else, is something that you cannot deny.

lord xyz
Niether one of you could give any good reason why a high school senior, the valedictorian no less, should have her mic cut during her speech for thanking Jesus Christ if she wishes to do so.

Neither of you can deny that had she thanked Buddha for giving her peace, Allah for giving her wisdom, or her gay parent/life-partner for showing her how to perservere through hardship.... she would have been cheered.

She earned the best grades of all the high school, earned her speech, earned the right to say whatever she pleased, and was CENSORED for thanking her God. She was told not to express her religious freedom.

The fact that its okay to do that to Christians, and you're guilty of a hate crime to do it to anybody else, is something that you cannot deny. Maybe because she's encouraging people to become Christian? And in a way, forcing it upon them? damaging their minds?

sithsaber408
Originally posted by lord xyz
Maybe because she's encouraging people to become Christian? And in a way, forcing it upon them? damaging their minds?

Are you fumbling, guessing, kidding, or is that you're real answer as to why a Buddhist, Muslim, or Homosexual would be able to make a statement about what they believe in, buy why a Christian cannot?

lord xyz
Are you fumbling, guessing, kidding, or is that you're real answer as to why a Buddhist, Muslim, or Homosexual would be able to make a statement about what they believe in, buy why a Christian cannot? It doesn't matter which religion she was, saying something like that is still wrong.

WTF on that homo thing though.

Robtard

The fact that its okay to do that to Christians, and you're guilty of a hate crime to do it to anybody else, is something that you cannot deny.

I have to agree with you there, if she was just expressing her thanks to the God she believed in and not going on a "The benefits of loving Jesus" rant, she should have been allowed to speak. I also agree that if she had thanked Allah or Buddha, she would have been allowed to speak simply for the school fearing a backlash of being labeled 'anti-something'.

As far as the rest of your post above about Christianity being beaten down etc. etc. etc., I do not agree. I also believe if Christians/Christianity wasn't the 'shove it down others throats' type of religion it is, people would be less opposed and hostile towards it.

J-Beowulf

Really though, you think it's fine for NBC to cut out showing Danish cartoons that make fun of Muslim's, which was causing controversy, (a legitamite news story) for fear of offending them, yet it's fine for Madonna to mock Christianity by being put on a crucifix writhing around with a crown of thorns?

C'mon dude.

When one of the parents of a Columbine shooting victim came on, he said that all the recent school shootings were (to him) a reflection of taking God out of schools, of teaching evolution, that there is no point to life, etc......

Now Couric had other people on the program, other points of view to offer, as any good journalist should.

But she went out of her way to say that the views expressed by the man were not in any way affiltiated with CBS. that's fine I guess, although I think most people know that, and know that she just gives people a forum to discuss current events.

What I can't believe though, is that after the show she goes on her personal blog to apologize to her viewers that they "had to witness those things".

I take that as an active stance against God, against Christianity, and against Christians who have just as much a right to speak their viewpoint as anybody else.

Nobody supposed that she believed the same as the man did, but she went out of her way to make it a big deal and distance herself from it.

Another case in point was the senior who graduated as valedictorian this spring, and had her mic literally cut off during her speech for thank Jesus for blessing her.

Bullshit.

The school wasn't promoting jack shit, the student was making a personal statement.

You and I both know that had she thanked the calm teachings of buddha that helped her study, or the truths of Islam that gave her wisdom, or her gay parents/lifestyle that taught her to persevere over all obstacles that the school board would have given her a standing ovation.

For certain, they wouldn't have dare tried to censor her for fear of being "intolerant" or "biggoted".

No Bardock, this is wrong, and all jokes aside, you can bet your bottom dollar that I and the other 100 million evagelical Christians in this country aren't standing for it any longer.

I agree completely. Make fun of Islam, Judaism, or any other religion and OH NOES public uprising of political correctness.

Make fun of Christianity though... that's fine, it's just humor!

It's bullshit, really, that Christianity is the only religion that people can make fun of. I am with you, and will not stand for it any longer.

lord xyz
I also believe if Christians/Christianity wasn't the 'shove it down others throats' type of religion it is, people would be less opposed and hostile towards it. yes

Alliance
Um...its strictly illegal. These are the same states the fly the confederate flag. Get the point?

It was added by psychos with ideologies similar to yourself who thought that adding "under god" would fight "godless" communism. THe phrase "under god" is a bastardization of a historical document that does not reflect the position of this government.

If it had been there forever, no one would care (like "in god we trust" on greenbacks)

Hello? Do you sense a tinge a hysteria in your opinion? There was nothing illegal about gay marrage until your types starte passing laws to make it illegal. Just like you did in the turn of the century and in the 60s to ban interracial marriages? DO you ever think that if you were placed 40 years ago you'd be racist for the same reasons you hate homosexuals?

No, the Christian right got one crazy in office and then decide they can force their views on everyone else. This is beyond religion this is zealotry like Islamicists in manny middle easter countries.

Christian harassmant my ass. I don't come knocking on your door or spit hate in your face. If 75% of the US says its Christian, how is that a minority?

The Christian Right is a minority, and rightfully so. Wanting them to gain influence would be like wanting the Nazi party to be a majority.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Alliance
Um...its strictly illegal. These are the same states the fly the confederate flag. Get the point?

It was added by psychos with ideologies similar to yourself who thought that adding "under god" would fight "godless" communism. THe phrase "under god" is a bastardization of a historical document that does not reflect the position of this government.

If it had been there forever, no one would care (like "in god we trust" on greenbacks)

Hello? Do you sense a tinge a hysteria in your opinion? There was nothing illegal about gay marrage until your types starte passing laws to make it illegal. Just like you did in the turn of the century and in the 60s to ban interracial marriages? DO you ever think that if you were placed 40 years ago you'd be racist for the same reasons you hate homosexuals?

No, the Christian right got one crazy in office and then decide they can force their views on everyone else. This is beyond religion this is zealotry like Islamicists in manny middle easter countries.

Christian harassmant my ass. I don't come knocking on your door or spit hate in your face. If 75% of the US says its Christian, how is that a minority?

The Christian Right is a minority, and rightfully so. Wanting them to gain influence would be like wanting the Nazi party to be a majority.

http://www.ondmis.dk/billeder/forumpics/notagain.jpg

*sigh*

Again, more proof in the pudding Christians are regarded as Confederates, psyhcos, full of hysteria, and Nazi's.

Again, no mention of the girl who was denied her graduation speech simply by mentioning that she was Christian, and not allowing her to thank her God.

Also, no mention of the fact that no other religion, ethnic group, or minority would be subjected to such prejudice, since it would be considered a hate crime.

You can say what you will, but when Katie Couric feels that she has to apologize to "the poor people" for hearing the beliefs of a Christian father of a Columbine victim......

My people aren't the ones acting like Nazi's.

RocasAtoll

*sigh*

Again, more proof in the pudding Christians are regarded as Confederates, psyhcos, full of hysteria, and Nazi's.

Again, no mention of the girl who was denied her graduation speech simply by mentioning that she was Christian, and not allowing her to thank her God.

Also, no mention of the fact that no other religion, ethnic group, or minority would be subjected to such prejudice, since it would be considered a hate crime.

You can say what you will, but when Katie Couric feels that she has to apologize to "the poor people" for hearing the beliefs of a Christian father of a Columbine victim......

Not all.

That's retarded, but not a big issue.

I don't really see very much prejudice.

What Katie Couric feels doesn't have anything to do with this.

Eh.

Capt_Fantastic

But thanking Christ, and its "quick, cut her mic!"

Well, I've not read the story to which you refer. Besides, I went to catholic school my whole life and there was Jesus everywhere.

But, consider this: If christianity is so persecuted, why? Is it because most Americans secretly want to be muslims or buddhists? Because most Americans want to be terrorists? No. Most Americans consider themselves one form of christian or another.

I think maybe it's the natural backlash of having christianity force-fed down out throats. Look at what goes on in the religion forum. JIA and Marchello cram their crap in our faces constantly and they get torn on a regular basis. People get tired of being preached at all the time. And if you feel like a lot of people attack you, maybe you should consider how many people you've attacked.

Mr. Sandman

C'mon dude.

Bullshit.

HAHAHAHA What a laugh.

Christians have been getting their say for the last 1500+ years. Nothing has come from it but death and greed. The Church has been hunting people for centuries and you expect people to feel sorry for you guys and your hypocritical stances?

Whatever man. Christianity, and the rest of religion for that matter, couldn't end soon enough.

Alliance
Please. I never said Christans were, just psycho fundamentalist Christians. Talk about overreaching. Whats surprising though, is how many parallels there are. (See fundamentalist Christianity on the wrong side of practically every moral issue, sex, race, social behaviour)

Boo hoo. It shouldn't have happened, but then again, when psychos are trying to write a perverted version of Christianity into the Constitution, the people aligned with the founding fathers defending it are hardly the zealots.

Christians aren't a minority in the US at all. Who are you kidding. Fundamentalists are a minority because they are currently radical psychos that are a dangerous and subversive element in American society.

Who cares? Maybe you should apologize for attempting to take away the rights of homosexuals. (Of course, you would have don't eh same thing to minorities had you been born 80 years ago, but you just ignore that).

Considering "my people" is the most ambiguous reference in the world, I don't really know how to respond. But I'll tell you that "God's Army" is fascism and VERY like Nazism, as is your demonizing of a particular element of society to falsify a sense of cultural attack.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by PVS
October Surprise?

Damn, here I was thinking it was going to be about my Birthday.

Make cake people. Not war.

Alliance
Happy Birthday. Make a wish and blow out the M109s on your war.

lord xyz
My people aren't the ones acting like Nazi's. If by your people you mean the Republicans, then I think you should look back a few decades. Look at key issues like intelligence, common sense, war, discrimination and honour.

Then think who are the Nazis.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Damn, here I was thinking it was going to be about my Birthday.

Make cake people. Not war. You were born on Halloween??Jumpy

You evil Christian corrupter.

PVS
W......T.......F.....

who's the wingnut that decided to nail themself to the cross again....so to speak.
the topic is manipulative politicians who attempt to alter the outcome of an election through last second finagling. the left has shown their hand and we still have not seen what the right has in store (assuming they have something)

now, answer me: where the hell does jesus fit in this issue? i would think it sacrilegious to even try to mix christ with politics.

Fishy

And that doesn't matter... So her mic was cut, shouldn't have happened. I never even said I somewhat agreed with it I didn't, but that doesn't change the fact hat Christians are still the majority in the country that for some reason they still dictate laws. She couldn't say one thing, very bad but that's nothing compared to the shit that's being forced upon homosexuals and non christians.

jaden101
so what was the october surprise then?

i must've missed it

botankus
The wind was really gusty while I was tailgating for a football game on Saturday. I think all the terrorists were involved in blowing at our coastlines.

PVS
still a few days left (yes, i know technically not an 'october surprise')

Sadako of Girth
Ahhhhh... But thats the ULTIMATE October surprise though isnt it....?
Cunningly unleashing it in November instead.

This pattern of timed scares tied in with the period just before elections is indeed the oldest trick in the book and I personally will be stunned if there isn't a spookifying (To use Bush grammar) piece of alarmificatiousness to rally the scared into making a play for some post-Bush neo-con whitehouse inhabitance.

Mind you, with electronic voting on side and in their pockets, maybe the Cons (And I use that term with much hope that they'll be seeing bubba and the d-wing sisters) can just sit back and relax as they appear to be confidently doing. Without the old "scare'em into doing the 'right wing thing'" tac.

jaden101
maybe it'll be the government deciding that october will from now on be 3 days longer and november will be 3 days shorter...

that would be surprising

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.