A thought just came to mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lord xyz
If you religious people say "God can't be proven or disproven, you just have to believe." why do you debate it as fact? I mean, if you know it to be a belief, why say/imply it's true? (And then use the ****ing bible as a reference?)

FeceMan
Originally posted by lord xyz
If you religious people say "God can't be proven or disproven, you just have to believe." why do you debate it as fact? I mean, if you know it to be a belief, why say/imply it's true? (And then use the ****ing bible as a reference?)
Because it is knowledge based on faith and thus cannot be proven, but we know that God is.

JesusIsAlive

Congratulations on getting your first thought! Now all you have to do is learn how to formulate intelligent thoughts. Then string words together in proper syntax while observing good grammar and you will be able to express those thoughts to other people! big grin I was obviously kidding. I don't mean a word of what I just said.

What religious people? I am not religious in the sense that you mean it but I know what you intended to say, so I will go along with this term. But true believers understand that what we have relative to Jesus is relationship with God through Jesus Christ--not religion. I had to quibble over that.

If you are referring to me among others, I don't recall ever saying that God could not be proven or unproven.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Congratulations on getting your first thought! Now all you have to do is learn how to formulate intelligent thoughts. Then string words together in proper syntax while observing good grammar and you will be able to express those thoughts to other people! big grin I was obviously kidding. I don't mean a word of what I just said.

What religious people? I am not religious in the sense that you mean it but I know what you intended to say, so I will go along with this term. But true believers understand that what we have relative to Jesus is relationship with God through Jesus Christ--not religion. I had to quibble over that.

If you are referring to me among others, I don't recall ever saying that God could not be proven or unproven.

1) You ARE religious....you center your ways of life on a religious text and a religious figure. Your peaching, your judgementalism, your praying, your belief system, and your actions being based on Christ all make you a religious person.

2) If God's existance can be proven, then PROVE IT...im still waiting for a reply via your PM

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by FeceMan
Because it is knowledge based on faith and thus cannot be proven, but we know that God is.

But you expect us to believe what you beleive when you have no proof....

ThePittman

Just because something contradicts what you believe that does not mean that it is untrue. Practice what you preach.

Strangelove
If you religious people say "God can't be proven or disproven, you just have to believe." why do you debate it as fact? I mean, if you know it to be a belief, why say/imply it's true? (And then use the ****ing bible as a reference?) Because the devout think that their beliefs cannot be subject to skepticism

Capt_Fantastic

Because these people treat the bible like normal people treat the encyclopedia.

Regret
If you religious people say "God can't be proven or disproven, you just have to believe." why do you debate it as fact? I mean, if you know it to be a belief, why say/imply it's true? (And then use the ****ing bible as a reference?) Truth is truth regardless of proof. Beliefs about truth of almost any type is a stance on the nature of reality. Truth is a conclusion given one's personal understanding of the facts at hand.

As to quoting the Bible to an individual that does not believe the Bible, this is a poor choice, and asinine imo.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Regret
Truth is truth regardless of proof.

Very True. However, for Truth to be labelled "Fact" there must be concrete proof. Otherwise, it is not Fact.

Beliefs about truth of almost any type is a stance on the nature of reality. Truth is a conclusion given one's personal understanding of the facts at hand.

Very logical stance, but this is where the problem lies:

What if what you beleive to be true isn't truth...what If what I beleive to be true, isn't true ?

Neither of us know for sure....so to argue that our beleifs are TRUTH when we have no evidense to back it up, is pointless.

As to quoting the Bible to an individual that does not believe the Bible, this is a poor choice, and asinine imo.

Very True....for all we know the Bible MAY very well be total Truth...somehow, i HIGHLY doubt that, but I can understand how and why a religious person will beleive it is flawless truth without proof...

It is STILL willful ignorance however...

I think I can bet that even YOU have found evidense to truths that contradict your own beliefs, yet choose to disregard it, in order to fit your favored beleif.

I am not insulting you, but that is what EVERYONE DOES...so don't worry. As long as you admit it, then you deserve respect of being open minded.

Regret
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Very True. However, for Truth to be labelled "Fact" there must be concrete proof. Otherwise, it is not Fact.

Fact and Truth are two separate things. Fact is something that leads to a conclusion on truth, or in other words the nature of reality. Fact is not truth, but evidence of some truth.

Very logical stance, but this is where the problem lies:

What if what you beleive to be true isn't truth...what If what I beleive to be true, isn't true ?

Neither of us know for sure....so to argue that our beleifs are TRUTH when we have no evidense to back it up, is pointless.

An open mind is needed, scripture uses the term humble. To be humble is to admit that one does not know everything, and that another may be correct. This does not mean one must accept everything, only be open to the fact that one may be incorrect.

Very True....for all we know the Bible MAY very well be total Truth...somehow, i HIGHLY doubt that, but I can understand how and why a religious person will beleive it is flawless truth without proof...

It is STILL willful ignorance however...

I think I can bet that even YOU have found evidense to truths that contradict your own beliefs, yet choose to disregard it, in order to fit your favored beleif.

I am not insulting you, but that is what EVERYONE DOES...so don't worry. As long as you admit it, then you deserve respect of being open minded.

My belief is that scripture is not flawless, it is the record written by man, who is, and can be, flawed, of interaction between men and God.

I have not come into contact with evidence that contradict my beliefs. I have come into contact with interpretation of evidence that conflicts with my view, although severely infrequently. My beliefs do not speak to topics of science, I apply my beliefs to topics of science at times, but this is my doing, and not an integral part of my belief. The creation account can be interpreted very broadly, and so far nothing in science necessarily conflicts, it only conflicts with narrow extremely literal interpretations of the Bible based on personal experience that may not be in line with the truth of the creation.

I do discount some things, but I attempt to insure that what I discount is not absolute, and little, if anything, is absolute. Most conflicts are due to interpretations of the evidence at hand, and not the evidence itself. The problem is when those that disagree are unwilling to admit that the evidence cited is not the source of the conflict, but that the interpretation of the evidence is the source of the conflict.

Terrorist
you are wrong i just proved God's existence. God=Orgasm

debbiejo
laughing out loud

FeceMan
But you expect us to believe what you beleive when you have no proof....
Read the gorramn prophecy thread.

debbiejo
I'll do it again, just for you.

finti
sounds nice deb

debbiejo
Really?

finti
cool

debbiejo
O

finti
you bet yah!!! iiiiiiiiiiiihaaaaaaaa

debbiejo
Ah O

finti
fintio say ah o fintio

debbiejo
Only when he's finished.

finti
no then the lady`s cheer

debbiejo
Is that after they put the measuring tape away.....

finti
well cheering is a positive reaction..........laughter though..........................

Alliance
There is too much purple in this thread.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Alliance
There is too much ****ing retarded in this thread.
Fixed.

Capt_Fantastic
There is too much purple in this thread.

good observation.

debbiejo
Don't be prejudice against cool purple....... smart

Charmed_Phoebe
Originally posted by debbiejo
Don't be prejudice against cool purple.......

I like the color purple, but sorry deb there really is too much of it in here!

debbiejo
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Charmed_Phoebe
whistle

debbiejo
Get back down in your dungeon!! laughing out loud

Charmed_Phoebe
Get back down in your dungeon!! laughing out loud

my dungeon! I am in it right now!! eek!

Capt_Fantastic
The Colour Purple is a good movie.

debbiejo
Yes it was.......... cool

Alliance
Purple no expression

Charmed_Phoebe
Purple no expression

yeah it seems to be a big thing...

Alliance
Big Thing no expression

Charmed_Phoebe
Big Thing no expression

confused? confused

debbiejo
Big Thing no expression

I'm starting to not feel appreciated....sadangel

Alliance
Ma'am your wings fell off...

Charmed_Phoebe
I'm starting to not feel appreciated....sadangel

awww eek2 the radio still loves you!

Alliance
El Radio

Storm
The area to socialize is located here: The Off-Topic Forum. Make use of it!

lord xyz
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Because these people treat the bible like normal people treat the encyclopedia. Good one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.