KMC Comic versus board Users Battle ROYAL! (join!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Board Walker
Alright, now this is not off topic, it does have to do with battles, hehehe...

Alright in this battle royal, each of you who chooses to participate will be assigned a character, not just any comic character but a KMC comic vs boards user as a character!

Now let me explain, say for example I will assign Grimm22 "Cap It Up" as his character, now Grimm22 must debate against o lets Big Bran whos character is "Jesse7".

Like wise it could be Mr. Master with "GalacticStorm" as his character, debating against o lets say Galactic Storm with "Mr. Master" as his character.

You get the idea?

Now once everyone who wishes to participate has been assigned a character, I will make a bracket, and it will done in a tourny fashion.

You will be debating, but not about your favorite character and or characters, but you will be debating about the person you have been assigned, and you will do so in your characters (the person your assigned) style and fashion.

Points will be given for being accurate to your characters debating style and fashion, as well as using feats, and well said arguments.

I will pick several judges to moderate and help score.

Anyone up for this?

grey fox
Sounds...kinda odd but good.

But what are we debating against exactly . How our real world selves would do against each other ?

Board Walker
Originally posted by grey fox

But what are we debating against exactly . How our real world selves would do against each other ?

Ill give you an example scenario...

Round 1

Gray Fox - AvalonoftheWind (<--your character)

Vs.

King Mungi - Grimm22 (<--his character)

-=Aside from this you will also be assigned a comic character, as well as your opponent=-

now the Debate itself will be multiple parts, and multiple parts will be scored differently.

Part 1 - You will each be given a combat scenario, or objective scenario involving your comic characters, you are to debate why your character would win or succeed where as the other should not.

Part 2 - You will be given or docked points depending on how accurately you portray the kmc user you have been assigned; you are to speak, debate, write (format, style, punctuation), in the style and fashion of the KMC user you are assigned.

Part 3 - Using Feats to back up your comic characters debate and claims.

Part 4 - Using quotes from this board to back up your KMC users style and fashion.

Theirs more but thats an outline of it for now, what do you think?

This will also be done tournament style, with judges.

Soljer
Originally posted by grey fox

Good question. Are we debating on actual real-world-fights, or are we debating on the poster's rhetoric skill, or...?

EDIT: Just saw your post above mine...do you mean that, say...

Grimm would be assigned Capt It Up and Wolverine. Then Grimm has to debate in FAVOR of Wolverine in a style that is similar to Capt It Up's?

Board Walker
Originally posted by Soljer
Good question. Are we debating on actual real-world-fights, or are we debating on the poster's rhetoric skill, or...?

EDIT: Just saw your post above mine...do you mean that, say...

Grimm would be assigned Capt It Up and Wolverine. Then Grimm has to debate in FAVOR of Wolverine in a style that is similar to Capt It Up's?

yes yes

Sub_Mariner
I say no.

Board Walker
Originally posted by Sub_Mariner
I say no.

and why not? I think it will be very fun.

Sub_Mariner
Originally posted by Board Walker
and why not? I think it will be very fun.

It's pretty hard to debate like someone.

Board Walker
Originally posted by Sub_Mariner
It's pretty hard to debate like someone.

The whole point of this is to be fun, and a chalenge, I for one say we should do it!

DigiMark007
Not funny.

We also set a precedent a while back that actual members aren't allowed to be "participants" in matches, for obvious reasons of respect and privacy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.