Gollum V Dobby

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
So who do u like ?? Dobby allways looks younger then gollom roll eyes (sarcastic) the good and evil pair big grin

my vote is for Dobby eek!

A.D. Skinner
Umm, why are we even comparing these two? I mean, one is a River Folk...a Hobbit, and the other is a House Elf.

I mean, in all fairness we should be comparing Dobby and Elrond...at least that would be more fitting, they are both Elves. Though just throwing those two together, you might as well thrown in Yoda too.

Jack of Blades
Doby
P.S A.D. Skinner your sig Rocks!i give 10/10

vanice
c'mon, dobby can do magic. gollum can't..

Council#13
Vanice is right. Dobby can just toss Gollum around, like he did to Lucius Malfoy.

aniron
get out!

Gollum is lotr, lotr beats anything remotly near hp. it's out of it's league. Gollum and lotr all the way. harry pottr= plagerism and sh*t rolled together in human guts and deep fried!

Gollum is amazingly strong, violent and tormented. if it came to a fight, dobby wouldn't get a move in edge waya, gollum is so agile just like a cat that he would have torn the little freak up before he even blinked. my god, don't EVER put hp and lotr together, there is no competiton, lotr is far to high to be associated with hp. omg. wot has happnd to this place! I am ashamed!!!!!! lotr, so, gollum all the way!

Council#13
no expression

vanice
Originally posted by aniron
get out!

Gollum is lotr, lotr beats anything remotly near hp. it's out of it's league. Gollum and lotr all the way. harry pottr= plagerism and sh*t rolled together in human guts and deep fried!

Gollum is amazingly strong, violent and tormented. if it came to a fight, dobby wouldn't get a move in edge waya, gollum is so agile just like a cat that he would have torn the little freak up before he even blinked. my god, don't EVER put hp and lotr together, there is no competiton, lotr is far to high to be associated with hp. omg. wot has happnd to this place! I am ashamed!!!!!! lotr, so, gollum all the way!

you saing Pippin would beat Voldemort or Dumbledore? laughing

thefallen544
Now you see I'm not being harsh Aniron, but the way you stated your opinion is just excessive. The way it was put forward makes it less likely to even be listened to. A further point to note is that the question compares two characters as to how the writers portrayed them Dobby has more ability's than Gollum even if Gollum is fast and strong, the question does not bring into question which is the better book, who is the better writer, who had the idea first or wah, wah, wah.

As such any such argument that Gollum would win based upon the fact that LOTR is better is, in regard to the question somewhat void.

I guess the majority of people rule this a no contest and it going to Dobby I am forced to agree.

vanice
yeah I bet if we started a topic on the harry potter forum, people would probably do the same thing...

thefallen544
People can be blinded by their own opinions I must admit, perhaps I am too rough on things like that. It is a personal downfall.

Naz
I vote the righwraiths, because they pretty much pwn everyone. ermm

Don't yell at me now stick out tongue it's just my thing, the ringwraiths always win.

vanice
Originally posted by Naz
I vote the righwraiths, because they pretty much pwn everyone. ermm

Don't yell at me now stick out tongue it's just my thing, the ringwraiths always win.

HAHA now you actually proved thefallen544s point!

eek! this is my two hundred post everybody!!! haha smokin'

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

..i think..... confused

Council#13
Yup, it is. Well done thumb up

aniron
what?

aniron
Gollum wins!

Naz
Originally posted by vanice
HAHA now you actually proved thefallen544s point!

eek! this is my two hundred post everybody!!! haha smokin'

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

..i think..... confused

Congrats? erm

nazzy

aniron
also this isn't really a question of who's stronger in a figh ahem-gollum, it is about who you LIKE as cool says at the start and dobbys a squirming frek, gollum is so AMAZING!!!! COOL!!!!! FUN!!!!! Tolkien has created a unique character. from book or film, everybody thinks of gollum, "my precious" has become a houshold saying.

Blax X
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/blaxican_templar/GOLLUM.jpg

Council#13
You see? You see? Since when was Dobby killed by something so insignificant as lava?

Anyway, "You will not hurt Harry Potter" started going through everyone in the HP world's minds. no expression

Blax X
Yeah thats true, getting killed by something that A) Isn't even alive, and B) Doesn't really "move", is pretty embarrasing.

Nuratariel
dobby is waaaay annoying, and the way gollum talks is the best!

so obviously gollum.. all the way.

aniron
I agree. And I think that if you fell in lava Blax you'd die to!!!

Plus, "my precious" has reached people that havn't even seen gollum let alone lotr-though not many people havn't. I didnt even know dobby sed that "you wont hurt" think and I've (regretably) seen it. And to be hones 11 oscars says it all. GOLLUM ALL THE WAY. he's opened doorways to CGI in movies. LOTR in general has changed the history of film.

Gollum all the way. stupid FAT hobbits!

coolmovies
but dobby is good becouse he shows good ways . where as gollum can be nasty at times to get the ring

aniron
ye but smeagol is sweet, innocent, and easily led. he's a vulnrable side that is bullied, physically beaten andmanipulated by gollum and the ring.

Blax X
It's his fault in the first place. It wasn't Gollum that killed Deagol for the ring, it was Smeagol. And besides it even says in my Lotr Encyclopedia that Smeagol had already been known for being mischievous and a thief.

riggsey
i vote yoda. i dont care if its not about him. YODA IS AWESOME!

Blax X
*Nods head in agreement*

Yoda > most of the lotr cast. However, alot of the Lotr people are a lot cooler. Feanor, Boromir, Gimli and others.

Naz
Originally posted by riggsey
i vote yoda. i dont care if its not about him. YODA IS AWESOME!

You are a filthy copier, I already said they ringwraiths won this thread. disgust

Mr. Bacon
Originally posted by Naz
You are a filthy copier, I already said they ringwraiths won this thread. disgust
its ok nazzy hug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.