Ultimate Cable... whats the deal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

srankmissingnin
Is it just me or was he taller then Ulitmate Wolverine?... Whats the deal with that?

Sub_Mariner
Questions Thread.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

ExodusCloak
The writers sure saved a lot of ink and paper with the new relevation....

Roldz
lol... better question; Howd he get half his body cybernetic and itd better not be techno organic because that would'nt make any sense at all... No healing powers and TK..

grey fox
Originally posted by Roldz
lol... better question; Howd he get half his body cybernetic and itd better not be techno organic because that would'nt make any sense at all... No healing powers and TK..

Could be Cyber Tk , kinda like what current cable has.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Is it just me or was he taller then Ulitmate Wolverine?... Whats the deal with that?

Well, considering we don't know anything about Ultimate Cable yet... wink

manjaro
it seems to be wolverine from either years in the future or an alternate timeline of the same reality

H. S. 6
Originally posted by manjaro
it seems to be wolverine from either years in the future or an alternate timeline of the same reality

Truth.

But beyond that, nothing.

V for Valentine
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Truth.

But beyond that, nothing.

And that Kirkman thought of a way to make Cable suck much worse than he does in 616 already sad

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by V for Valentine
And that Kirkman thought of a way to make Cable suck much worse than he does in 616 already sad

IMO I always find Cable an interesting character but this new version plain sucks and if it is a future version of Wolverine they just f**ked up then.

Roldz
Originally posted by manjaro
Mostlikely, wouldnt be surprise if we see Bishop in this story arc as well...

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
IMO I always find Cable an interesting character but this new version plain sucks and if it is a future version of Wolverine they just f**ked up then.

I agree.

Mostly because the Ultimate universe does not need time travellers.

Grimm22
Eh erm

I like this version a lot better than the 616 version, I mean who thought having Cyclops's bastard son come from the future even though he was born in the present and he has grey hair apparently?!? What the f**k?

My bet is that this is Ultimate Days of Future's past wolverine

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Grimm22
Eh erm

I like this version a lot better than the 616 version, I mean who thought having Cyclops's bastard son come from the future even though he was born in the present and he has grey hair apparently?!? What the f**k?

My bet is that this is Ultimate Days of Future's past wolverine

I never really got into 616 Cable, so I don't know that much about him. shrug

However, I really don't think Ultimate needs time travellers. That's where everything begins to get seriously f*cked.

grey fox
No , time-traveling is ok.

Just as long as it doesn't become commonplace and happen often. Look at Ultimate Fantastic Four . I was dreading that they were going to the zombie 616 world because i thought it would open up a whole kettle of fish about cross dimensional crap.

And i think Bishop was already mentioned in an earlier X-comic

H. S. 6
Originally posted by grey fox
No , time-traveling is ok.

Just as long as it doesn't become commonplace and happen often. Look at Ultimate Fantastic Four . I was dreading that they were going to the zombie 616 world because i thought it would open up a whole kettle of fish about cross dimensional crap.

And i think Bishop was already mentioned in an earlier X-comic

Eventually and inevitably, time-travelling leads to endless plot holes, retconning, PIS. There's no way around it.

grey fox
Eventually and inevitably, time-travelling leads to endless plot holes, retconning, PIS. There's no way around it.

How so ?

H. S. 6
How so ?

Well, my feeling is, the Ultimate universe does not need time-travelling. Keep the plot more realistic and simple, but don't go into time travelling. Hell, I wouldn't even mind if he was jumping from a different reality/dimension, just not back in time.

Time-travelling causes a big mess most of the time, what with the divergent time lines, retconning away certain instances and keeping others, etc. Look at characters like Cable: his history's a mess, with all the time travelling.

Maybe that's just the way I feel.

grey fox
Well, my feeling is, the Ultimate universe does not need time-travelling. Keep the plot more realistic and simple, but don't go into time travelling. Hell, I wouldn't even mind if he was jumping from a different reality/dimension, just not back in time.

Time-travelling causes a big mess most of the time, what with the divergent time lines, retconning away certain instances and keeping others, etc. Look at characters like Cable: his history's a mess, with all the time travelling.

Maybe that's just the way I feel.

I would usually agree with you , i despise X-books mostly because of this kinda crap. But i have a good feeling about this , plus the alteration of Cables origins (A nice twist in my opinion) makes him more interesting.

Black Adam
I would usually agree with you , i despise X-books mostly because of this kinda crap. But i have a good feeling about this , plus the alteration of Cables origins (A nice twist in my opinion) makes him more interesting.

I may not be the biggest x-team fan around but If this storyline is going where I think it's going...

I'd rather have the messed up regular origin then simply making him future wolverine.

grey fox
Originally posted by Black Adam
I may not be the biggest x-team fan around but If this storyline is going where I think it's going...

I'd rather have the messed up regular origin then simply making him future wolverine.

...and where do you think it's going ?

Black Adam
...and where do you think it's going ?

I just said it. making him future wolverine.

grey fox
I just said it. making him future wolverine.

I thought that was sort of obvious ?

Although funnily enough he could be Ult Wolvies Father (Far fetched , but hey ? It may make more sense)

Black Adam
I thought that was sort of obvious ?

Although funnily enough he could be Ult Wolvies Father (Far fetched , but hey ? It may make more sense)

maybe he's just another future weapon x experiment. like sabretooth.

grey fox
maybe he's just another future weapon x experiment. like sabretooth.

Lol "Another rip-off !!!"

Black Adam
Lol "Another rip-off !!!"

rip off or another wolverine...

I'd rather have "future son from a clone of my wife" smile

Grinning Goku
Does anybody think that Ultimate Cable is a clone of Wolverine? Look at the last panel of issue 68.

The Pict
Cable already, man. Does anyone else feel the Ultimate comics are moving too fast?

Grimm22
Indeed erm

Still, I can tolerate one time travaler

Bishop though? God I hope not

DarkCrawler
I never really got into 616 Cable, so I don't know that much about him. shrug

I've counted that there are approximately three people in this planet who know all about the ****ed up history of Cable.

The Pict
Originally posted by Grimm22
Indeed erm

Still, I can tolerate one time travaler

Bishop though? God I hope not

sad Too bad:

"Bishop has a cameo appearance in Ultimate X-Men #43. When Emma Frost introduces some of the candidates for the new, government-supported mutant team to the President. He is shown on a screen in one panel only as a muscular African American with braided hair and wearing a golden chain around his neck. He is identified as Bishop when the President says, "No to Bishop with his criminal record". Bishop's powers are never revealed.

A time travelling Bishop is set to appear in Ultimate X-Men #76."

H. S. 6
Originally posted by The Pict
sad Too bad:

"Bishop has a cameo appearance in Ultimate X-Men #43. When Emma Frost introduces some of the candidates for the new, government-supported mutant team to the President. He is shown on a screen in one panel only as a muscular African American with braided hair and wearing a golden chain around his neck. He is identified as Bishop when the President says, "No to Bishop with his criminal record". Bishop's powers are never revealed.

A time travelling Bishop is set to appear in Ultimate X-Men #76."

Shit.

The Pict
Shit.

Yep, another character getting ultimized in an arc that'll probably last about 3 issues.

Disappear
maybe cable's wolverine and jean's son from the future? like the "maybe rachel's dad was really wolverine" made male and definite. maybe?

Grimm22
Well look on the good side erm

He'll probobly be dead by the end of the arc stick out tongue

Mainstream
Originally posted by Disappear
maybe cable's wolverine and jean's son from the future? like the "maybe rachel's dad was really wolverine" made male and definite. maybe?

perhaps..I wonder if they gonna do a ultimate Nate Grey?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.