Justice League Heroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Big Sexy
Does anybody have it? IGN didn't give it such a good review. Looks like DC continues to dish out terrible games.

batdude123
I just got it today.

The game is great!!! IGN can shove it up their asses.

Darth Vicious
Im downloading my krisp brand new copy as we speak. big grin

batdude123
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Im downloading my krisp brand new copy as we speak. big grin

You won't be disappointed. The graphics are great, the fighting is good, the powers for the characters are really cool, and it's like X-Men Legends: 2 x5. You'll like it.

Ext@nt
kool is there a PC version?

Devil Lance
Originally posted by batdude123
I just got it today.

The game is great!!! IGN can shove it up their asses.

One review said taht they didn't like it because they didn't have any batman villains in the game roll eyes (sarcastic)

He sriously wanted to have someone like Catwoman as oneofthe villains.

and anyways Game spot gave it a 4/5

Darth Vicious
You won't be disappointed. The graphics are great, the fighting is good, the powers for the characters are really cool, and it's like X-Men Legends: 2 x5. You'll like it.

Xmen Legends raised the bar and Xmen Legends 2 raised it even higher. Does this game compares to them?

Blair Wind
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=405449

already made this thread.....sorta

anyways Im thinking of getting it

Grimm22
It came out? eek!

Oh well, I guess i'll just pick it up tomorrow when I go to get Splinter Cell erm

Then im going to go see the prestige big grin

Batman vs Wolverine + Magic = Awesome!

Big Sexy
According to Ign Batmans useless and Zatana is overpowered. Only two can play at a time? It should have been four. They also say that in many of the boards your forced to play with who they give you, so you dont have a choice a lot of the time. According to them it doesn't compare the the legends games. Thats why I wanted to hear what people have to say about it. I am not sure whether to get this or wait for Ultimate Alliance.

batdude123
Originally posted by Big Sexy
According to Ign Batmans useless and Zatana is overpowered. Only two can play at a time? It should have been four. They also say that in many of the boards your forced to play with who they give you, so you dont have a choice a lot of the time. According to them it doesn't compare the the legends games. Thats why I wanted to hear what people have to say about it. I am not sure whether to get this or wait for Ultimate Alliance.

Batman's not useless at all. In fact, he's quite usefull.

Zatanna overpowered? Not anymore than Flash, GL, Superman, and J'onn. Her most powerful attack is that she turns you into rabbits. However, her durability isn't that great. She isn't 'overpowered.'

The game is great.

batdude123
Xmen Legends raised the bar and Xmen Legends 2 raised it even higher. Does this game compares to them?

Very much so. X-Men Legends graphics in general just pissed me off. The game was FANTASTIC, don't get me wrong. But the graphics.... *ugh*!!

juggernaut66666
I finished the game yesterday it is not bad but could have been better atlest there could have been some difference between Hal,Kyle and John.

juggernaut66666
I say wait for Ultimate Alliance if you are a good gamer you can finish the game within 5-7 hours just like my selfbig grin. It is pretty shame that you have to get to atleast to the half of the game to choose characters and after you finished the game there are no extra modes.

srankmissingnin
It is very a mediocre video game. Unless you are a die hard fan with no taste for good video games that will buy anything with the DC logo slapped on it this game is a rental. You can beat the game in one sitting... and then you will need to find something else to do with it for the rest of the three day rental.

brainchild81
laughing This is what I expected. I'll still give it a try if somebody I know gets it, but DCs always had inferior games.

Tron
I think I'll just wait for Superman Returns to come out...

batdude123
Originally posted by Tron
I think I'll just wait for Superman Returns to come out...

I've seen a demo of that game played. It reminds me a lot of the Spider-man 2 game. Free roaming and all, only with Superman...

juggernaut66666
yep Superman returns will be like Hulk Ultimate Destruction only with superman

Juntai
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
It is very a mediocre video game. Unless you are a die hard fan with no taste for good video games that will buy anything with the DC logo slapped on it this game is a rental. You can beat the game in one sitting... and then you will need to find something else to do with it for the rest of the three day rental. The only games I cant really do that to are RPGs, and even sometimes them.

Juntai
Originally posted by Tron
I think I'll just wait for Superman Returns to come out... That game looks badass.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Juntai
The only games I cant really do that to are RPGs, and even sometimes them.

I've never played an rpg with out a minimum of 40 hours of game play. If you can beat that in one sitting you are either a robot or a god... or a robot god... or a god robot.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Juntai
That game looks badass. See I am nervous about Superman Returns. I have seen the videos and the game looks really good but Superman 64 lingers in my mind. Its like an omen that pops in my mind everytime I see a clip of Superman Returns.

batdude123
See I am nervous about Superman Returns. I have seen the videos and the game looks really good but Superman 64 lingers in my mind. Its like an omen that pops in my mind everytime I see a clip of Superman Returns.

I didn't mind that game. embarrasment

Big Sexy
I didn't mind that game. embarrasment Your probably the only one batdude stick out tongue

Big Sexy
DC better succeed with Superman Returns
Batman begins
Superman 64
Aquaman
The other 64 Superman game.
I am waiting for a good DC game. Hopefully Returns pulls it off.

DigiMark007
Batman Returns for Sega Genesis was the absolute sh*t! You guys just aren't going far enough back to find good DC games.

Oh, and what systems is it for? I only have Gamecube/PC.

Probably worth a rental though.

P.S. Notice to batdude. I like you and all buddy, but if you ever want people to believe your opinions on video games, just swear off Superman 64 forever and declare it the worst game ever. Trust me....it's for your own good. wink

P.P.S. You can't beat any RPG in less than 10 hours unless you're not playing it right....in some (like the short-ish Fable, for instance) if you just tried to beat the game as quickly as possible, sure, maybe 8 hours. But the experience is lost. I'm currently on hour 60 of Oblivion, and haven't done jack toward the actual quest....laziness and side-quests are sweet in games like those. I have a friend that can beat Metroid Prime in something like 6 hours...but it's just a mindless feat...it's not an actual gaming experience.

batdude123
DC better succeed with Superman Returns
Batman begins
Superman 64
Aquaman
The other 64 Superman game.
I am waiting for a good DC game. Hopefully Returns pulls it off.

I'm telling you.... JLH is good dammit!!!! mad

batdude123
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Batman Returns for Sega Genesis was the absolute sh*t! You guys just aren't going far enough back to find good DC games.

Hell yeah, that game was awesome. cool

P.S. Notice to batdude. I like you and all buddy, but if you ever want people to believe your opinions on video games, just swear off Superman 64 forever and declare it the worst game ever. Trust me....it's for your own good. wink

no expression

Big Sexy
edit

Big Sexy

Oh, and what systems is it for? I only have Gamecube/PC.

Probably worth a rental though.

P.P.S. You can't beat any RPG in less than 10 hours unless you're not playing it right....in some (like the short-ish Fable, for instance) if you just tried to beat the game as quickly as possible, sure, maybe 8 hours. But the experience is lost. I'm currently on hour 60 of Oblivion, and haven't done jack toward the actual quest....laziness and side-quests are sweet in games like those. I have a friend that can beat Metroid Prime in something like 6 hours...but it's just a mindless feat...it's not an actual gaming experience. Forgot about that. But the version that was on the Game Gear had me addicted. I loved the Game Gear version.

Big Sexy
Hell yeah, that game was awesome. cool

no expression Hes telling you the truth. cool Defending that game is like telling everyone Godfather 3 is the best one of the series.

marvelprince
Hes telling you the truth. cool Defending that game is like telling everyone Godfather 3 is the best one of the series.

You mean it wasn't? confused

Draco69
Is Wonder Woman any good. She looked kinda sucky in the trailers. Deflect and lasso. Deflect and lasso.

sad

Grimm22
I picked it up today

I havent played it yet, because god damn Splinter Cell keeps on frustraing me stick out tongue

Validus
Batman's not useless at all. In fact, he's quite usefull.

Zatanna overpowered? Not anymore than Flash, GL, Superman, and J'onn. Her most powerful attack is that she turns you into rabbits. However, her durability isn't that great. She isn't 'overpowered.'

The game is great.
Rented the game today and played the first two levels. Batman isn't useless but it's pretty close in that first level. I use Bats and throw around some batarangs and summon those bats for help while Superman is dive bombing people, using heat vision from the air, throwing cars around and one shotting robots. laughing out loud

Not to mention he's durable as hell and recovers fast.

MM is powerful too. His phase attack is a one hit kill most of the time.

Grimm22
Eh even if it does suck (I donno yet)

As long as I have my reccite I can just return it stick out tongue

Unless the monkeys have already stolen it eek!!

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Validus
Rented the game today and played the first two levels. Batman isn't useless but it's pretty close in that first level. I use Bats and throw around some batarangs and summon those bats for help while Superman is dive bombing people, using heat vision from the air, throwing cars around and one shotting robots. laughing out loud

superman is the most powerfull with his heat vision if you upgrade it to max level you can kill even the bosses in less then 1-2 minutes.

srankmissingnin
P.P.S. You can't beat any RPG in less than 10 hours unless you're not playing it right....in some (like the short-ish Fable, for instance) if you just tried to beat the game as quickly as possible, sure, maybe 8 hours. But the experience is lost. I'm currently on hour 60 of Oblivion, and haven't done jack toward the actual quest....laziness and side-quests are sweet in games like those. I have a friend that can beat Metroid Prime in something like 6 hours...but it's just a mindless feat...it's not an actual gaming experience.

I was talking about real rpgs (Wildarms, Siokuden, Final Fantasy, Shin Megami Tensei, Star Ocean, Xeno Gears/Saga, Legend of Dragoon ect.) not action rpgs like Fable (which sucked hard), they tend to be shorter and much more linear. I didn't really enjoy Oblivion. It's nice to have a break from WoW every now and then but it just wasn't a very captivating game. The main story line wasn't very interesting and sandbox game play can get really boring not to mention Oblivion was easy. I'm hoping NWN 2 will be a better game then Oblivion... and The Witcher looks like it will kick the crap out of both of them at once (but I like character driven story lines better then sandbox gameplay)

... and Metroid Prime isn't an rpg.

batdude123

When you start to upgrade Batman a lot, he becomes a shit load more useful in the game than Green Lantern and Flash. laughing out loud

Seriously... no expression

When you upgrade his batarangs, he throws five at a time dealing like 250 damage a piece. And his bat summoning thing is the shit!!! Hell, I beat Darkseid just by doing the bat summoning thing a lot.... oops. embarrasment And his combos are the best in the game.

Grimm22
Obviously, thats the first thing Batdude did stick out tongue shifty

batdude123
Originally posted by Grimm22
Obviously, thats the first thing Batdude did stick out tongue shifty

Nah, I'm serious.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by marvelprince
You mean it wasn't? confused Yeah that and Hannibal are some of the best sequels of all time wink

Validus
When you start to upgrade Batman a lot, he becomes a shit load more useful in the game than Green Lantern and Flash. laughing out loud

Seriously... no expression

When you upgrade his batarangs, he throws five at a time dealing like 250 damage a piece. And his bat summoning thing is the shit!!! Hell, I beat Darkseid just by doing the bat summoning thing a lot.... oops. embarrasment And his combos are the best in the game.
Yeah you're right. The bat summon and his martial arts combo do a ton of damage. I think Flash is pretty good too with his Speedblitz attack.

Still, Superman is far and away the most powerful. You hit one enemy with his flying punch and a whole room of them goes down from the shockwave. laughing out loud

Aquaman is surprisingly good too. A few of his attacks do over 1000 pts damage.

Originally posted by Draco69
Is Wonder Woman any good. She looked kinda sucky in the trailers. Deflect and lasso. Deflect and lasso.

sad
She plays like a lesser Superman. Both of them together seem unstoppable.

Also, cool moment near the end when WW says Supes is going into the Warrior Madness. big grin

batdude123
Yeah you're right. The bat summon and his martial arts combo do a ton of damage. I think Flash is pretty good too with his Speedblitz attack.

Still, Superman is far and away the most powerful. You hit one enemy with his flying punch and a whole room of them goes down from the shockwave. laughing out loud

Aquaman is surprisingly good too. A few of his attacks do over 1000 pts damage.

Yeah, Aquaman's 1000 pointer is like a weaker version of Superman's "super punch."

Superman is definitely the strongest in the game. When you upgrade his heat vision the whole way, it deals like 1000 damage/second. laughing out loud

And Green Lantern was actually a surprising let down. erm I thought he'd be a lot more powerful. The best attack of his is the rock grinder thing.

She plays like a lesser Superman. Both of them together seem unstoppable.

Also, cool moment near the end when WW says Supes is going into the Warrior Madness. big grin

I also think it's cool at the end where Wonder Woman dresses up in her armor with the sword as well. big grin

Validus
The rock grinder is pretty good since it takes little energy to maintain but yeah, overall GL is pretty weak. I expected it though. Kind of hard to pull off a GL in a video game without limiting them too much.

I also think it's cool at the end where Wonder Woman dresses up in her armor with the sword as well. big grin
Yeah, why the hell can't that costume be purchased? sad

Still, at least they got Superman's Kandor outfit. big grin

batdude123
The rock grinder is pretty good since it takes little energy to maintain but yeah, overall GL is pretty weak. I expected it though. Kind of hard to pull off a GL in a video game without limiting them too much.

Yeah, I agree. The big hammer thing was a JOKE. erm

I only used the energy blast and the rock grinder as a GL.

The best in that game imo are:

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and J'onn.

Yeah, why the hell can't that costume be purchased? sad

Still, at least they got Superman's Kandor outfit. big grin

I don't know. erm But overall, the outfit selection imo is pretty cool. The Batman Beyond costume in that game just kicks all sorts of ass. cool

Validus
J'onn seemed kind of weak towards the end. I was struggling just to keep him alive much less effective in combat. He died quickly in the level where he and GL get ambushed after DS teleports the League away. Then he died again when we got back to Earth. Unless I was controlling him, he was dead.

And is there a way to change costumes manually? After you buy one it switches on the next load but it doesn't seem possible to change back yourself.

batdude123
J'onn seemed kind of weak towards the end. I was struggling just to keep him alive much less effective in combat. He died quickly in the level where he and GL get ambushed after DS teleports the League away. Then he died again when we got back to Earth. Unless I was controlling him, he was dead.

And is there a way to change costumes manually? After you buy one it switches on the next load but it doesn't seem possible to change back yourself.

Yeah, I meant when I controlled him. Hell, either way, John died quicker than J'onn did on that level. I basically had to fight the whole lot of them with just J'onn (which SUCKED). But, I like how you can easily stun them, then reach in and take them out with his intangibility pull.

Flash's pinball attack was good too. His whirlwind attack is the shit.

On the Darkseid level, everyone I wasn't controlling ended up dying. laughing out loud So it was just me (either Superman or Batman), fighting against Darkseid and his clowns. I started laughing after I beat Darkseid and minions with JUST Batman. laughing

Anyway, I don't think you can change their clothes until you get to the team selection screen. erm

Grimm22
You can go to the extras menu thing and select whether or not that character will have that costume next time you play with him, when the game loads (it dosent happen right away)

I almost have beaten it, after playing for around 5-6 hours today erm

So far my favirote characters are probobly Flash, Supes and Zattana wink

The voice acting could be better, but its ok.

Still better than what i've heard from Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Doc Potato
DO you get to unlock better GLs as costumes (damn, if you can be ALan, I'm gonna piss myself with excitement) becaue I heard "Jay Garrick" is an unlockable costume for Flash...?

OB1-adobe
I'm getting it for sheer fanboyism

I mean c'mon you get to be:

Superman
Batman
wonder woman
aquaman
MM
green arrow
hal jordan
john stewart
kyle rayner
hawk girl

Rewmac
I like it. I don't care if all GLs are the same it's just good to have them. I love this game. Finally Justice League can own asses by game. I mean it. Supes, WW, Batman, Flash, Green Arrow and the Lanterns are soooo coool....

Validus
Originally posted by Doc Potato
DO you get to unlock better GLs as costumes (damn, if you can be ALan, I'm gonna piss myself with excitement) becaue I heard "Jay Garrick" is an unlockable costume for Flash...?
You can't be Alan. Wally is the only one with alernate costumes that are actually "characters". He has Jay Garrick and Walter West.

Rewmac
I just loveto kick ass with the GLs big grin

batdude123
Originally posted by Rewmac
I just loveto kick ass with the GLs big grin

The Green Lanterns in that game are not that good IMO. erm Superman easily has the most powerful attacks.

Rewmac
The Green Lanterns in that game are not that good IMO. erm Superman easily has the most powerful attacks.

Because he is superman. Try to use good boosts on the GLs...And they will become surely better for their missions...

batdude123
Because he is superman. Try to use good boosts on the GLs...And they will become surely better for their missions...

No.... because he has better attacks on the game. I have Kyle powered up as far as he can go, and likewise for Superman. Superman's the most powerful in the game. Lanterns were a big let down in the game IMO.

Devil Lance
No.... because he has better attacks on the game. I have Kyle powered up as far as he can go, and likewise for Superman. Superman's the most powerful in the game. Lanterns were a big let down in the game IMO.

can Batman do the batkick eek!
laughing

batdude123
Originally posted by Devil Lance
can Batman do the batkick eek!
laughing

No, but his combos are the best in the game.

Draco69
Is Huntress useless. She certainly looks useless.....

Grimm22
Why did Dwayne McDuffie pick some of the lamest villans for this game What the f**k?

Like the key?!?! Who the f*** is the key?!? I think he was in JLA's last crappy arc before it was cancelled.

And since when does Grodd need a helmet for mind control?!?

Draco69
Why'd they add the HUNTRESS to the game?!!?! She was only a JLA member for like twenty minutes?

Red Tornado or Vixen was out of the question?!

Grimm22
Why'd they add the HUNTRESS to the game?!!?! She was only a JLA member for like twenty minutes?

Red Tornado or Vixen was out of the question?!

And of course they had to make Black Canary a PSP exclusive sad

Damn I hate the PSP.

batdude123
Is Huntress useless. She certainly looks useless.....

Don't know.

Is Hawkgirl useless?

Grimm22
Why Hawkgirl? What the f**k?

Why not Hawkman?!? confused

Is he busy in a JSA game or somthing stick out tongue

Draco69
Don't know.

Is Hawkgirl useless?

Hawkgirl looks a little more useful. Though they gave her a sonic scream...why does she have a sonic scream?!

What the f**k?

batdude123
Hawkgirl looks a little more useful. Though they gave her a sonic scream...why does she have a sonic scream?!

What the f**k?

DUH!!! 'Cause she's HAWKgirl. stick out tongue

H. S. 6
So, in other words, if you're not a fan of DC, this game isn't worth getting?

Draco69
I would say it's worth renting or buying depending on your likeness for DC. That's the main appeal.

H. S. 6
I would say it's worth renting or buying depending on your likeness for DC. That's the main appeal.

Is it out for the 360?

I might give it a rental.

Draco69
No. It's only for PS2 and Xbox. Depends if Xbox 360's "maybe, maybe not" backward compatibility will work with the Xbox....

H. S. 6
No. It's only for PS2 and Xbox. Depends if Xbox 360's "maybe, maybe not" backward compatibility will work with the Xbox....

Damn.

Why the hell did they do that? sad

Draco69
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Damn.

Why the hell did they do that? sad

Well, you still have a PS2, right? After all FFXII is coming out in a week....

H. S. 6
Well, you still have a PS2, right? After all FFXII is coming out in a week....

Yeah, but it's all dusty and in storage down in my basement.

Oh, and for the record, I've never liked the Final Fantasy games. stick out tongue

juggernaut66666
Yeah, but it's all dusty and in storage down in my basement.

Oh, and for the record, I've never liked the Final Fantasy games. stick out tongue
You keep your PS2 in your basement??
Tsk tsk Mr Sauce. no
Anyway the game is like X-men legends 2 with better graphics less specials and characters it worths a try but you won't finish the game multiple times IMO

Rewmac
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
You keep your PS2 in your basement??
Tsk tsk Mr Sauce. no
Anyway the game is like X-men legends 2 with better graphics less specials and characters it worths a try but you won't finish the game multiple times IMO

I will. Till I max out all the skills....And seriously. The game rocks....
Souce get your ps2 up from the basement....And that's and order... stick out tongue

Validus
I just unlocked Hawkgirl. She isn't useless at all.

batdude123
I just unlocked Hawkgirl. She isn't useless at all.

Kay. I unlocked her too. Just haven't played w/ her yet. I have to say that Aquaman so far is my favorite of the unlockable characters (although I haven't played w/ Green Arrow and Hawkgirl).

Validus
Green Arrow is ok. The exploding arrow is pretty nice.

Basically. I enjoy the gameplay but theres some lame levels throughout. I also agree with Grimm on the bosses. Queen Bee? Who the hell made that choice?

batdude123
Green Arrow is ok. The exploding arrow is pretty nice.

Basically. I enjoy the gameplay but theres some lame levels throughout. I also agree with Grimm on the bosses. Queen Bee? Who the hell made that choice?

Yeah. Why couldn't they have someone like AMAZO or Despero instead? mad

Darth Vicious
Finally I played this game. People used to talk who would win between the X-men and the JLA in a fight and if this game is any indication and if we were to go by the games only then the X-men would beat them senseless. I see this game as a poor imitation to X-men Legends and it doesnt even compare to XL2. The game seems to be pretty easy for one and while the graphics are pretty good(CGI WW is kinda ugly. Uglier than Zatanna), the stages aint really nothing ordinary. My biggest concern besides the gameplay is that unlike XML they dont use the JLA rich history, something XML did pretty well, specially using the trivia questions based on their history for extra and also the money also the character flags between stages were just corny. They couldve added some pinups instead. The villains were just lame like someone said already. WW was just lame in this game and pretty useless. I thought DC would up the ante with this game specially with Marve: Ultimate Alliance around the corner. The only thing this game has better over X-Men Legends is the character graphics but besides that is nowhere near as good as those.

Rewmac
Green Arrow is cool....I like him...But he should have the trick with the 2 electric arrows going around the opponent (like in the Animated against turned Colonel), the game is based on the animated anyway.

Grimm22
Actually I bought a used copy of XML 2 last week to get prepped for Marvel: UA. (Note: I had it before I just never finished it stick out tongue)

After playing both of these games, I actually enjoy Justice League More erm

However, i'm positive that Marvel:UA >>> Justice Leauge Heroes wink

Grimm22
I just unlocked Kyle.

He isnt different at all sad

Please, someone tell me that Hal dosent have the Grey Sideburns like I saw in previews before Rebirth came out

juggernaut66666

However, i'm positive that Marvel:UA >>> Justice Leauge Heroes

I really hope .

Grimm22
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
I really hope .

Well unless the developers decide to add the rest of the x-men in by this wednesday it should be cool big grin

Seriously, we already have Iceman, Storm, Wolverine and Colossus, Pheonix and Nightcrawler. The only main X-man missing is Cyclops.

I mean how many freakin Xmen do we need?!? If I wanted to play as the xmen I would play X-men legends

batdude123
Finally I played this game. People used to talk who would win between the X-men and the JLA in a fight and if this game is any indication and if we were to go by the games only then the X-men would beat them senseless. I see this game as a poor imitation to X-men Legends and it doesnt even compare to XL2. The game seems to be pretty easy for one and while the graphics are pretty good(CGI WW is kinda ugly. Uglier than Zatanna), the stages aint really nothing ordinary. My biggest concern besides the gameplay is that unlike XML they dont use the JLA rich history, something XML did pretty well, specially using the trivia questions based on their history for extra and also the money also the character flags between stages were just corny. They couldve added some pinups instead. The villains were just lame like someone said already. WW was just lame in this game and pretty useless. I thought DC would up the ante with this game specially with Marve: Ultimate Alliance around the corner. The only thing this game has better over X-Men Legends is the character graphics but besides that is nowhere near as good as those.

Wow. You hated it that much? laughing out loud

Rewmac
Well unless the developers decide to add the rest of the x-men in by this wednesday it should be cool big grin

Seriously, we already have Iceman, Storm, Wolverine and Colossus, Pheonix and Nightcrawler. The only main X-man missing is Cyclops.

I mean how many freakin Xmen do we need?!? If I wanted to play as the xmen I would play X-men legends I don't really know why X-Men are even in the game...There plenty other heroes loved by people. There was an X-Men game already. That goes for Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman...I'd rather put some of the cool Avengers there. Sentry, Quicksilver, Wanda. And heroes like : Genis, Mimic, Cable, Nate Grey, Hulk, Toxin. To get the X-Men cast gone...I know some of them are other platform exclusives. That is the other thing I hate. No one really cares about the current consoles (xbox and ps2) only ps3 exclusives...Screw that...

Validus
I hated X-Men Legends. I can't really explain but that game just felt really off. The fights looked pretty weak. Still, I think Marvel: UA will be pretty good and I think a JLH2 could be sweet too.

Big Sexy
I don't really know why X-Men are even in the game...There plenty other heroes loved by people. There was an X-Men game already. That goes for Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman...I'd rather put some of the cool Avengers there. Sentry, Quicksilver, Wanda. And heroes like : Genis, Mimic, Cable, Nate Grey, Hulk, Toxin. To get the X-Men cast gone...I know some of them are other platform exclusives. That is the other thing I hate. No one really cares about the current consoles (xbox and ps2) only ps3 exclusives...Screw that... I think its smart. I do agree that x-men should just stick with their own game but the average gamer will want characters their familiar with. This way the game appeals to the comic book gamer as well as the regular gamer. Their trying to please everyone.

Big Sexy
I hated X-Men Legends. I can't really explain but that game just felt really off. The fights looked pretty weak. Still, I think Marvel: UA will be pretty good and I think a JLH2 could be sweet too. Didn't really like legend 1 either but loved 2. That game was awesome especially when you can play as DP ,X-man, Phoenix, and Ironman after you beat it the first time.

Doc Potato
Didn't really like legend 1 either but loved 2. That game was awesome especially when you can play as DP ,X-man, Phoenix, and Ironman after you beat it the first time. Man, XML1 pissed me to death! It was SO much harder... took ages to even beat Mystique and Toad. Never got round to finishing fighting the Sentinels... cos I had Kurt and 1 hit of health or something...

Grimm22
I don't really know why X-Men are even in the game...There plenty other heroes loved by people. There was an X-Men game already. That goes for Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman...I'd rather put some of the cool Avengers there. Sentry, Quicksilver, Wanda. And heroes like : Genis, Mimic, Cable, Nate Grey, Hulk, Toxin. To get the X-Men cast gone...I know some of them are other platform exclusives. That is the other thing I hate. No one really cares about the current consoles (xbox and ps2) only ps3 exclusives...Screw that...

Actually PS3 has no exclusives no expression

Only next-gen exclusives.

Besides nobody is getting the PS3 anyway big grin

srankmissingnin

Dollars to doughts the PS3 out sells to X-Box 360 in North America.

Rewmac
I think I will buy a Ps3, when I have the money. But I gonna wait one year from when it has been released...

Draco69

Nobody's gettin' the Xbox 360 in Japan...or Europe...

Hell, they only get a profit in the USA.

Validus
PS2 is still outselling Xbox 360 in North America FYI.

Big Sexy

Besides nobody is getting the PS3 anyway big grin Right, Considering It took X-box days to sell their first few shipments. PS3 sold out in 5 gamestops near my home within a half hour of taking preorders.

Innerhype
Right, Considering It took X-box days to sell their first few shipments. PS3 sold out in 5 gamestops near my home within a half hour of taking preorders.

Same happened to Wii in my area

Darth Vicious
Wow. You hated it that much? laughing out loud

Is not that I hated it, is that the game just feels "blah". I just expected more. Even the unlockables werent even unlockables because all u had to do was buy them. There were no side quests either, at least they shouldve make us earn the unlockables. There wasnt a stage that was hard, the only one maybe was trying to figure out the transporters after u get sent to the other dimension by the mother box. JLH2 has potential if it is handle better than this one. Now that I think of it JLH can be used as training for the X-men Legends games.

Grimm22
Nobody's gettin' the Xbox 360 in Japan...or Europe...

Hell, they only get a profit in the USA.

Oh well, we dont need any of those bastards stick out tongue big grin

PS2 is still outselling Xbox 360 in North America FYI.

Even if that was true no expression

PS2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PS3 wink

Sony has taken a crap on the gaming industry

and they are going to pay for it by losing the console wars to Nintendo yes

Draco69

Hell no. What's the average product lifespan of a videogame console? 5-10 years. The Wii is basically a slightly faster Gamecube with a gimmicky controller. That's it. No other features besides the Virtual Console store. Which isn't nearly enough to prolong their lifespan.

It's about longetivity. The Nintendo Wii is already experiencing its peak. And according to the laws of capital it has nowhere to go but down.

The Wii better enjoy it's overwhelming while it can...because that's as high as it's gonna get. It's a downward curve from than on.

The PS3 and Xbox360 are experiencing, like most products, and upward curve of demand and popularity.

The PS3 is gonna have bumpy start but once it's gets into its stride it's gonna dominate...again.

The Wii simply doesn't have longetivity. How's it gonna keep up when Xbox and the PS3 are pumping out games that look like FF7:AC in realtime gameplay? Or with their online stores? Or their HD movies? Or their tons of other features? It won't....

Validus

September hardware sales in units sold

Game Boy Advance 177,145
GameCube 42,286
Nintendo DS 403,435
PlayStation 2 306,517
PlayStation Portable 153,353
Xbox 6,495
Xbox 360 259,458

Opinion

Not going to happen chief. Do you know how much marketshare Sony would have to lose and Nintendo would have to gain?

Darth Vicious

I dont think Nintendo is even a contender anymore. 3rd place is all they get. PS3 is the new toy in the market so of course is gonna make good selling/profit but Hao 3 is coming around the corner which should give the 360 a huge boost in sales, I know thats what im waiting for to buy my 360. Ill probably get mine(PS3) in a few months to a year, ill wait to see if there are any bugs with the first ones. Will the new Metal Gear game be released around the same time as the system?

Draco69
I don't know WHY people want the Xbox to win. Microsoft = Monopoly. Jesus, they're already trying to take over the Ipod market with their Zune.

Do you all REALLY want Microsoft to dominate every single market that has to do with electronics....

no expression

Validus
I don't know WHY people want the Xbox to win. Microsoft = Monopoly. Jesus, they're already trying to take over the Ipod market with their Zune.

Do you all REALLY want Microsoft to dominate every single market that has to do with electronics....

no expression
Zune laughing out loud

You said it yourself. It's not even the mp3 player market anymore. It's the Ipod market.

Draco69
Zune laughing out loud

You said it yourself. It's not even the mp3 player market anymore. It's the Ipod market.

Meh. Alot of people are looking foreward to it. I seriously doubt they'll topple the Ipod...but who knows?

Hopefully not....

Grimm22
I dont care if xbox wins no expression

I just don't want Sony to win wink

They still owe me my money back after the craptastic PSP.

Honestly all its good for is playing a decent version of Street Fighter..

and thats it

Draco69
I dont care if xbox wins no expression

I just don't want Sony to win wink

They still owe me my money back after the craptastic PSP.

Honestly all its good for is playing a decent version of Street Fighter..

and thats it

The PSP DOES suck. But that's because they don't have any good games.

However, Sony stated the PS3 will heavily improve the PS3's prowess.

And they're making more games for it instead of just crappy ports....

Validus
There's about a dozen PSP games I wouldn't mind playing. Personally though, I think handhelds are a waste of time. If I'm at home, I'd rather play a console. If I'm on the road, I'm not alone and thus don't really have the time.

Tha C-Master
Or I'm driving. Or listening to music. I can honestly say except when I used to pull out Pokemon I don't mess with Handhelds at all. It's all PC or consoles.

MuffinmanMike

no expression

Actually it's kind of funny.

As it stands, Microsoft is less evil than Sony. Hell, Microsofts admitted that Nintendo is a viable threat. Sony barely recognizes Microsoft.

Don't count it out yet. Sonys been pissing off a LOT of people lately.

srankmissingnin
I was looking at the PS3 launch titles and I thought to my self "pretty crappy" but then I remember then P23 launch.

I'm going to wait a while for all the bugs to get worked out of the PS3 before I get my copy. As for the X Box... well it has never had any good titles. Halo? I hate first person shooters (... but I kick ass at them *shrugs*). There are not enough games to justify anyone buying the system. I'm thinking of getting an X-Box 360 though just so I can play Lost Planet when it releases... then then I will just have an expensive paper weight.

Darth Vicious

no expression

I think a lot of pwoplw prefer the Xbox because is modifiable. The Xbox could be modified to hold a Media Player, Emulators for NES,SNES,N64,Sega Genesis and the best feature, Burn the games itself and once modified it allows u to use any kind of dvd burned games(not that I would know, I heard :rolleyessmile .That being said, Do u guys know how much a person saves on video games by downloading them instead of buying, a looooooot!

Thank god I did research before buying it. Once I found out that there were practically not that many good games I changed my mind and to this day I dont regret it and is about the same price as the new Nintendo.

Grimm22

The PSP actually has good games no expression

Like Burnout, X-men legends, socom, ect..

Its just that the system was so poorly designed that its impossible to play any of these games without hurting your hands.

Grimm22
I wouldnt hate Sony so much if they would just stop being a bunch of a**holes.

Seriously, all they have done so far with the PS3 is copy their competitors.

Motion sensor controllers - Nintendo
Online Service - Microsoft

I have yet to see Sony pull out anything new.

And they took out the rumble controllers! mad

Darth Vicious

And they took out the rumble controllers! mad

Regular controllers? No new features to them?

Draco69
Originally posted by MuffinmanMike
Actually it's kind of funny.

As it stands, Microsoft is less evil than Sony. Hell, Microsofts admitted that Nintendo is a viable threat. Sony barely recognizes Microsoft.

Dude, did you miss the string of lawsuits, felony violations and copyright sueances they been having for the last few years?

They're not "evil". They're both businesses. They want profits.

Microsoft's domination over the video gaming industry is however detrimental to the industry itself. Microsoft as shown countless times in the past tends to take monopolisitic (which is why they're being investigated; it's illegal...) tactics to take over an industry.

No competition means bad games and even worse consoles....

Draco69
Originally posted by MuffinmanMike

Don't count it out yet. Sonys been pissing off a LOT of people lately.

Microsoft pissed of ALOT of people during the 90s. Didn't affect their market share one bit.

I won't even go into Apple or Wal-Mart.....

There's been absolutely no sign of decrease in demand for the good. For many gamers, the demand for the PS3 is nearly considered inelastic (i.e. they're willing to get it for nearly any price).

For goodness' sake, thousands of people on Ebay bid thousands of dollars for the PS3. It shows there is a very, very high demand for the product.

The Xbox 360 didn't nearly get as much initial demand. They still don't.

Draco69
Regular controllers? No new features to them?

It has the tilt-sensing technology.

Which is why it's called the SIXAXIS controller now.

However as Grimm22 stated, it's a slight copy of the Nintendo Wii.

Sony's obviously going the safe route by having the best of both worlds from the competitors.

You can get the online service (which looks remarkably good considering the Linux system) and the gimmicky motion-sensing technology.

They absolutely did copy it. However, from a business standpoint it was a smart thing to do.

There's no such thing as "that's not fair!" or "cheater" in business....unless it violates anti-trust laws...which they didn't.

Darth Vicious
I think is too expensive as $500 and $600. The only game im really looking forward to is the new Metal Gear and Resident Evil 5 but RE will be for the 360 too.

Draco69
The $600 version is worthless. The only extra features are more harddrive space and a memory card reader for digital cameras.

Which means the $500 is a far better choice.

If it's too expensive, than obviously wait for the price to go down. And down it will go eventually.

Tha C-Master

And they took out the rumble controllers! mad I'm not going to say Sony is perfect, but I go by the game and not the company sorry, I don't worry about how they sleep at night.

Online is something that is a standard that all gamers want their consoles to rise up to. I agree on the controller somewhat, but why isn't nintendo putting their games in Cartridges anymore? Hmmm....

Big Sexy

and they are going to pay for it by losing the console wars to Nintendo yes You do know the console war is between PS3 and x-box 360. Nintendo basically pulled out and is content with the small share of the market that they can get.

Big Sexy

no expression Agreed

Big Sexy
The PSP actually has good games no expression

Like Burnout, X-men legends, socom, ect..

Its just that the system was so poorly designed that its impossible to play any of these games without hurting your hands. Then its you. So far
Def Jam
X-men Legends
Tekken dark resurrection
Guilty Gear
burnout
the Mega man remake
and GTA have been great
Street fighter

And now with Metal Gear, JLH, MUA, and MKD they have a pretty descent line up.

Big Sexy

And they took out the rumble controllers! mad As for Sony ripping off Nintendo. Thats revenge for the dispute of the Nintendo Playstation incident and how Nintendo ripped Sony off in the beginning.

H. S. 6
Ooooo... heated debate. stick out tongue

While we're on the subject, I think gamers have a right to have negative feelings towards Sony. When they produce shit like this:

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/5116/sonychartgh0.jpg

Hell yes, people (myself included) are going to get pissed off. It's almost like they want people to refuse to buy their products.

Big Sexy

While we're on the subject, I think gamers have a right to have negative feelings towards Sony. When they produce shit like this:

Hell yes, people (myself included) are going to get pissed off. It's almost like they want people to refuse to buy their products. I do agree. The prices are ridiculous.

srankmissingnin

Hell yes, people (myself included) are going to get pissed off. It's almost like they want people to refuse to buy their products.

... What exactly is your problem with data on the chart?

H. S. 6
... What exactly is your problem with data on the chart?

Well, let's see...

I'd forgotten you had to buy the hard drive to play the games. Hmm, and I seem to also have forgotten that you had to buy a second wireless controller for the 360, but you don't have to for the PS3. Silly me. Lookie here! I couldn't remember that I was required to buy an HD-DVD drive, and a 12 month Xbox Live subscription.

And boy, I always thought there was a $399 system that includes the hard drive and the wireless controller. Guess I was wrong.

Boy, my memory's going. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tha C-Master
Well, let's see...

I'd forgotten you had to buy the hard drive to play the games. Hmm, and I seem to also have forgotten that you had to buy a second wireless controller for the 360, but you don't have to for the PS3. Silly me. Lookie here! I couldn't remember that I was required to buy an HD-DVD drive, and a 12 month Xbox Live subscription.

And boy, I always thought there was a $399 system that includes the hard drive and the wireless controller. Guess I was wrong.

Boy, my memory's going. roll eyes (sarcastic) But this is all fine... lol

Draco69

Again.

Where's the lies?

Nothing is infactual about it.

confused

H. S. 6
Again.

Where's the lies?

Nothing is infactual about it.

confused

Read my post again.

confused

Big Sexy
As for JLH are there specials like X-men legends 2. I just bought it yesterday and played it a little but I dont plan on beating it until I visit my brother.

Draco69
Well, let's see...

Boy, my memory's going. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Noooo....

The comparision was between the CORE system of the Xbox 360 and the CORE system of the Playstation 3 on which had more REAL value.

You didn't HAVE to get the HDDVD Drive for the Xbox 360. But the PS3 already has it in it.

The Core system didn't come with wireless controllers. They came with wired ones. So if you want a wireless controller, you have to buy one. However the PS3 already comes with one.

You don't HAVE to buy the subscription...but the PS3's online service is free.

It's not saying "nah-nah! We're cheaper!" It's saying "The PS3 gets more bang for buck and is relatively cheaper than the Core System for the Xbox 360."

I don't understand how people could misinterpret something so wrong....

Draco69
Read my post again.

confused

Read my bottom post.

And again, is there ANYTHING that's wrong or infactual about it. Did they lie about the price?

No.

They just compared their core system to theirs....

H. S. 6
Noooo....

The comparision was between the CORE system of the Xbox 360 and the CORE system of the Playstation 3 on which had more REAL value.

You didn't HAVE to get the HDDVD Drive for the Xbox 360. But the PS3 already has it in it.

The Core system didn't come with wireless controllers. They came with wired ones. So if you want a wireless controller, you have to buy one. However the PS3 already comes with one.

You don't HAVE to buy the subscription...but the PS3's online service is free.

It's not saying "nah-nah! We're cheaper!" It's saying "The PS3 gets more bang for buck and is relatively cheaper than the Core System for the Xbox 360."

I don't understand how people could misinterpret something so wrong....

In the chart, it says, "Requires Users to Buy." So, yes, it is completely infactual in that light.

However, I do see what you're saying. But I think you're missing one important point: The 360 gives you the choice to buy what you want, while the PS3 is just there, thus you have to pay $600 for it. You have no other option.

Interesting that Sony fails to mention anything about the premium package for the 360, or the fact that, you know, you're not required to buy any of that, and the system will do its job perfectly--to play games.

Draco69
In the chart, it says, "Requires Users to Buy." So, yes, it is completely infactual in that light.

That's not the point of the statement. It states that in order to have all the premium features of next-generation gaming, you're required to buy the following items.

The chart was taken out of context or a larger article...

However, I do see what you're saying. But I think you're missing one important point: The 360 gives you the choice to buy what you want, while the PS3 is just there, thus you have to pay $600 for it. You have no other option.

The choice is certainly a marketable element found in the Xbox 360. However Sony is about capital and pushing the envelope for next-generation gaming.

The wireless controller which is wiiiiii bit of knockoff is required to play the games.

The Blu-Ray Drive, which is SO misunderstood, is NOT just for movies. It's for the games themselves. The games are held in Blu-Ray Discs which allows nearly 40 to 50 GB worth of storage in comparision to the standard DVD. The game called Lair uses 9GB for ONE level in the game. That's about all you could fit in the DVD even with compression. If you take it out...the PS3 isn't a PS3. It's the friggin' engine for the PS3....

The online service is free so that's a given.

What people don't understand is the Blu-Ray Drive itself. Many people see it as an unecessary movie-watching device. It isn't. It plays the games too.....

Interesting that Sony fails to mention anything about the premium package for the 360, or the fact that, you know, you're not required to buy any of that, and the system will do its job perfectly--to play games.

Well, of course. It's called advertisement. Show me an Apple Ipod commerical that states that their batteries are irreplaceable and they have to be returned for a hundred bucks. Or a Pepsi commercial that states that Coke tastes just the same as the Coca-Cola.

ALL advertisements withhold or mislead information in order to make their products more appealing. It's nothing new. It's been done for decades. Microsoft has done it. Sony has done it. Hell, the towel called Bounty is advertise in a similar matter in comparision to a "leading brand."

Virtually ALL commericals on your TV do this. Except those annoying prescription ads....

srankmissingnin

The whole point of the chart is to show how much extra you'd need to spend on your XBox 360 to get the same stuff as on the PS3... The purpose of the chart is to show that even though it has a high price point the PS3 is a much better deal and that they are offering at a lower price (compared to manufacturing cost) and taking a profit hit to make the system accessible. They aren't lieing or misleading anyone.

Big Sexy
That's not the point of the statement. It states that in order to have all the premium features of next-generation gaming, you're required to buy the following items.

The chart was taken out of context or a larger article...

The choice is certainly a marketable element found in the Xbox 360. However Sony is about capital and pushing the envelope for next-generation gaming.

The wireless controller which is wiiiiii bit of knockoff is required to play the games.

The Blu-Ray Drive, which is SO misunderstood, is NOT just for movies. It's for the games themselves. The games are held in Blu-Ray Discs which allows nearly 40 to 50 GB worth of storage in comparision to the standard DVD. The game called Lair uses 9GB for ONE level in the game. That's about all you could fit in the DVD even with compression. If you take it out...the PS3 isn't a PS3. It's the friggin' engine for the PS3....

The online service is free so that's a given.

What people don't understand is the Blu-Ray Drive itself. Many people see it as an unecessary movie-watching device. It isn't. It plays the games too.....

Well, of course. It's called advertisement. Show me an Apple Ipod commerical that states that their batteries are irreplaceable and they have to be returned for a hundred bucks. Or a Pepsi commercial that states that Coke tastes just the same as the Coca-Cola.

ALL advertisements withhold or mislead information in order to make their products more appealing. It's nothing new. It's been done for decades. Microsoft has done it. Sony has done it. Hell, the towel called Bounty is advertise in a similar matter in comparision to a "leading brand."

Virtually ALL commericals on your TV do this. Except those annoying prescription ads.... And they tell you the truth in the 3 seconds before the commercial ends in which side effects are listed pretty fast. laughing

H. S. 6
I see what you're saying.

Also interesting, though, that PS3 didn't mention that you need to buy HDMI cables to support HD resolutions in games, as far as I know.

Or have I been misinformed?

Draco69
The whole point of the chart is to show how much extra you'd need to spend on your XBox 360 to get the same stuff as on the PS3... The purpose of the chart is to show that even though it has a high price point the PS3 is a much better deal and that they are offering at a lower price (compared to manufacturing cost) and taking a profit hit to make the system accessible. They aren't lieing or misleading anyone.

yes

Draco69
I see what you're saying.

Also interesting, though, that PS3 didn't mention that you need to buy HDMI cables to support HD resolutions in games, as far as I know.

Or have I been misinformed?

That's false.

If you want the VERY best resolution for the graphics, you need HDMI cables. That's the Ferrari of video cables.

You can play ANY HDTV resolution on regular component cables. However 1080p games won't look nearly as good as they should unless they have HDMI cables....

H. S. 6
That's false.

If you want the VERY best resolution for the graphics, you need HDMI cables. That's the Ferrari of video cables.

You can play ANY HDTV resolution on regular component cables. However 1080p games won't look nearly as good as they should unless they have HDMI cables....

My fault. Sony should have added component cables to the list, instead. wink

Draco69
My fault. Sony should have added component cables to the list, instead. wink

For some odd reason, Sony isn't including component cables with the system. It's kinda required to get actual HD....

sad

H. S. 6
For some odd reason, Sony isn't including component cables with the system. It's kinda required to get actual HD....

sad

My point exactly. Why isn't that on the list, I wonder? See my point? To say this chart wasn't misleading is ridiculous.

Also, mysteriously missing, is the headset for online play. Guess it must've slipped Sony's mind.

Grimm22
Dude, did you miss the string of lawsuits, felony violations and copyright sueances they been having for the last few years?

They're not "evil". They're both businesses. They want profits.

Microsoft's domination over the video gaming industry is however detrimental to the industry itself. Microsoft as shown countless times in the past tends to take monopolisitic (which is why they're being investigated; it's illegal...) tactics to take over an industry.

No competition means bad games and even worse consoles....

Microsoft dominates the game industry?!? confused What the f**k?

I think you're thinking of EA

Grimm22
The $600 version is worthless. The only extra features are more harddrive space and a memory card reader for digital cameras.

Which means the $500 is a far better choice.

If it's too expensive, than obviously wait for the price to go down. And down it will go eventually.

Just like they brought down the PS2 price right? roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

Seriously Sony still refuses to lower the price of the PS2 to $100

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>