The Scientific Miracles of the Holy Quran

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fatima
The scientific mircales of holy Quran

some people didnt belive in Islam as areligion from god

here is the guidebook

http://www.islamreligion.com/category/34/

Alliance
Sites liek these usually are not credible and are not well accepted in scholarly communites (not that KMC is one, but we like credible sources).

lord xyz
Originally posted by Fatima
The scientific mircales of holy Quran

some people didnt belive in Islam as areligion from god

here is the guidebook

http://www.islamreligion.com/category/34/ This thread is as intelligent as the "facts in the bible" thread. Same thing really.

Gregory
Oh for Heaven's sake...

Please don't turn into the Muslim JIA, Fatima. The forum doesn't need another person like that.

crazy
I agree completely with Gregory, do not need a JIA for the Muslim side.

Fatima
i transfer the facts only , if i said anything wrong , please tell me

i dont post it for you both , there other people curious about it

Regret

i dont post it for you both , there other people curious about it ...JIA's Muslim sock? Figured his sock would spew Jihad and anti-everything propaganda.

Alliance

i dont post it for you both , there other people curious about it

These webistes are not factual or credible. If you'd like to post facts, please cite scholarly sources. Random webpages do not count as scholarly sources.

Capt_Fantastic
I find it interesting that a muslim would call themselves "Fatima". Especially considering it's importance to the catholic faith.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I find it interesting that a muslim would call themselves "Fatima". Especially considering it's importance to the catholic faith.

Actually Fatima was one of the daughters of Muhammad, so it is VERY important in Islam too.

But then again, Muhammad's first wife was Christian so....

Its cool someone picked up on it, though big grin

Alliance
I'm called Alliance and I hate the Rebel Alliance.

lil bitchiness
...and?

Alliance
It was a totally useless comment.

Fatima
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Actually Fatima was one of the daughters of Muhammad, so it is VERY important in Islam too.

mohammed first wife was Khadeja .First women became muslim in arab history .

Fatima
Originally posted by Alliance
These webistes are not factual or credible. If you'd like to post facts, please cite scholarly sources. Random webpages do not count as scholarly sources.

you can search in google if you want

lil bitchiness
mohammed first wife was Khadeja .First women became muslim in arab history .

Yep. Her slave was the next convert to Islam.

Aisha said too, that she had never felt so jealous towards any woman as she did towards Khadeja, because Muhammad talked about her often, visited her grave, and blessed her with Allah.

Alliance
you can search in google if you want

No really, there is not much scientific credence to any religous text. There might be more in the Qu'ran, but simply becasue it was written 600 years later than for instance the Bible.

It has nothign to do with the validity of the religion.

Jim Reaper
"Scientific miracles." Wow, what an amazing concept! I'm convinced. Throw out modern science, and pick up a Qur'an.

Gregory
Okay...?

lil bitchiness
Hinduism?

Aaaaaaaaaaah the book is $253.42!!!

Gregory
I'm not advising anybody to buy the thing; it was just the first example I could find of a Hindu arguing for the existence of "scientific miracles" in the Vedas.

(I'll throw one out for free; a lot of Hindus (Hindu fundamentalists?) believe that their scriptures accurate predict the age of the universe as estimated by modern science.)

Fatima
but hindusim religion not popular as the 3 relgion, people worship rocks and cows.

they even didnt belive in god

i search in google and i found alot info , i guess you find too ....

Lord Urizen
The Quran and Bible are both the same....religious texts, filled with a mix of wisdom, poetry, and bullshit.

Both have been abused throughout history, and both are only worth as much as its followers make it.

Gregory
... excuse me? I'm sure you don't mean to sound like an insane biggot, but holy... cows are a sacred animal in Hinduism. Surly, surly you can understand the difference between thinking something is sacted and worshippin it?

As for not worshipping god, I don't know what to say. I'm going to give the benefit of a doubt and assume you mean they don't worship the Abrahamic God, which is true, but I don't know what it has to do with anything.

(And Hinduism happens to be the third most popular religion in the world; only Christianity and Islam have more adherents)

lord xyz
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
The Quran and Bible are both the same....religious texts, filled with a mix of wisdom, poetry, and bullshit.

Both have been abused throughout history, and both are only worth as much as its followers make it. Agreed. All they are are what other who lived a long time ago believe. Nothing special.

crazy
but hindusim religion not popular as the 3 relgion, people worship rocks and cows.

Stop posting, I am always defending Islam on these boards but that does not mean I do not know an ignorant bigot when I see one, stop being ignorant and so close minded. God damn it your posts are pissing me off, you have no right to belittle another religion you obviously do not know crap about.

lord xyz
Originally posted by crazy
Stop posting, I am always defending Islam on these boards but that does not mean I do not know an ignorant bigot when I see one, stop being ignorant and so close minded. God damn it your posts are pissing me off, you have no right to belittle another religion you obviously do not know crap about.

Gregory
Hm ... come to think of it ... wasn't it you, Fatima, who complained that someone didn't have any right to criticize Muhammad because she didn't have a degree in Islam? I suppose you could make me look foolish now by scanning your Hinduism degree, but somehow, I doubt it.

Fatima
excuse me for that ,but our housemaid is hindu ,she tell us about how they concedr cows as a god ,she also angry when we eat it meat .

Gregory , i m not criticize any rligion , you can say i m ignorant .

crazy , take it easy ,no need to be angry like that .

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Gregory
I'm not advising anybody to buy the thing; it was just the first example I could find of a Hindu arguing for the existence of "scientific miracles" in the Vedas.

(I'll throw one out for free; a lot of Hindus (Hindu fundamentalists?) believe that their scriptures accurate predict the age of the universe as estimated by modern science.)

It striked me as little odd that you found a Hindu book talking of scientific miracles. I just assumed it would a Muslim one.

I still cannot believe the price of the book though.

Imperial_Samura

That post makes me very sad. Very very sad. I suggest you look into Hinduism - doing so even a little will help you see that it is not about "worshipping rocks and cows." It is a terribly inaccurate view of a religion. The cow is a sacred animal worthy of veneration - it is not worshipped.

The remarkable nature and complexity of the Hindu concept of existence, of Vishnu and the rest - you can't just gloss over it in that fashion. I have always felt the monotheistic religions could learn something from Hinduism.

Because you see - they do have Gods. I don't know what you were talking about.

Am I the only one who thinks this sounds kind of cruel? Do you make her serve the meat and clean the dishes? Many Hindus are vegan - it is linked to their concept of the universe and reincarnation as well as many other aspects. Not forgetting the fact many sacred animals relevant to the faith - including the cow, hence why Hindus don't harm them (not to be mistaken with the Muslim avoidance of pigs and their products)

All I can say is clearly you haven't asked her to explain her religion to you. It sounds like you are doing the same thing Christian have done throughout history:

Eg: Coming upon the daily observances in an Egyptian Temple the Christians mock the faith as nothing more then mere idol worship, failing to realise that Egyptians differentiated between the statues and the gods they represented.

Your "housemaid" isn't worshipping the meat. Look into Hinduism and you will understand what it is she truly believes.

fini
Okkk then, looks like i dont have much to add to you all, hehe

Robtard

they even didnt believe in god

Hinduism is the worlds third largest religion with over 830+ million followers or about 13-14% of the population. It also happens to be the worlds oldest religion, between 5k-7k years old. So Hindu beliefs were being practiced eons before Jesus or Muhammad were even sperm, thousands of years before your view of God existed. I am not saying you have to like it, but as a religious person, have the decency to show respect for another religion.

They do believe in God, just not God as you see God. Most Hindu's only worship one supreme God with the other gods being mere manifestation or different sides of the one God. They do not worship cows (or rocks) as Gods, the cow is simply a scared animal in their belief system.

crazy
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Am I the only one who thinks this sounds kind of cruel? Do you make her serve the meat and clean the dishes? Many Hindus are vegan - it is linked to their concept of the universe and reincarnation as well as many other aspects. Not forgetting the fact many sacred animals relevant to the faith - including the cow, hence why Hindus don't harm them (not to be mistaken with the Muslim avoidance of pigs and their products)

It's not really cruel, I mean my friend was a hindu but he ate meat and we ate at his house, his mom though was strictly a vegetarian and I do not think it really offended her that we ate meat.

Gregory
Not enough people realize this, so I've quoted it for emphasis.

(This is what happens when you get all your information from "searching Google," Fatima; it's a good resource, but try to realize that the internet with unreliable and crazy people).

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by crazy
It's not really cruel, I mean my friend was a hindu but he ate meat and we ate at his house, his mom though was strictly a vegetarian and I do not think it really offended her that we ate meat.

No I didn't mean it that way, rather the wording of her post. Makes it sound like they are rubbing her nose in it or something "and our housemaid is angry when we eat meat."

Which is odd in itself. Hence why I asked her if they make her prepare the food or something.

Most vegetarians I know aren't extremists either - they don't mind they don't get offended either. And not all Hindu are vegetarians, though the ones I know who aren't, but are still practicing Hindu's, usually abstain from beef products.

fini
I'm hindu and I eat meat, including beef at times. Many hindus( not all) here( in trinidad) eat meat and most of those shun beef and pork. The avoidance of pork products comes from how close hindus and muslims are here.

I dont like the hypocrocy of just making one animal holy, especially when hindus are not supposed to eat meat at all...... owing to the whole non violence thing. When i stop eating one kind of meat due to religious reasons, then I stop eat allll types of meat. Because god had manifested him/her/it self as many other animals other than the cow, eg, Fish, Turtle, snakes, fowl etc....... and yet no one says anything about eating those things.

The only meat I dont eat is that of endangered species here in trinidad, like wild deer, turtle........ both are critically endangered here. My objection probably makes no difference but I still do it.

Hey and I read something above stating that hindus are vegan..... thats not entirely correct, they DO consume milk, cheese( there is a homemade cheese called Paneer that is very very popular in india), yoghurt( known as Dahee), and Ghee( clarified butter made from cow's milk). They are vegetarians, that do eat some animal products, be it all a derivative from cow's milk though.
Its easy to see why they made the cow holy, look at the amount of things that can be made from cow's milk, and cow dung is a very good fuel, fertilizer and used for some religious activities.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by fini
Hey and I read something above stating that hindus are vegan..... thats not entirely correct, they DO consume milk, cheese( there is a homemade cheese called Paneer that is very very popular in india), Yogurt( known as Dahee), and Ghee( clarified butter made from cow's milk). They are vegetarians, that do eat some animal products, be it all a derivative from cow's milk though.
Its easy to see why they made the cow holy, look at the amount of things that can be made from cow's milk, and cow dung is a very good fuel, fertilizer and used for some religious activities.

True, I probably should have put the "many Hindus here" - I've refering to the Australian Hindu community - for a few years now due to friends I've been involved with them - I've met both Vegans, vegetarians and those who eat me (the Vegans seem to outnumber the vegetarians - except with Yogurt.)

And it isn't so strange, historically, to avoid consuming the flesh of a single animal while eating that of others. The Egyptians had there sacred animals, as did many other cultures - the thought being that animal was sufficiently special to put it separate from those edible beast.

silver heart
good work Fatima !!! awesome !!...

it is beautiful site I have benefited greatly from it.. thx ... wink

.....................................................................................

let us to read more thumb up dear .. and do not care about other words .. because Each one has a particular belief and a particular standpoint . so please tak it easy members .. and islam always say welcom to you . big grin

oh .. only if everyone knew the truth of islam .. the earth will be fine . and remember my sisters and brothers in this forum respect still before anything .

best

silver heart

xmarksthespot
"Scientific miracle" is a contradiction in terms. no expression

lil bitchiness
Furthermore (since Egyptians, or Persians did not write it) most religious books, in this instance Qur'an, was witten by people who thought the earth was flat - so we have some initial poblms with science right there.

Shakyamunison
A little imagination, and a lot of careful wording, can make any book seem to say what ever you wish it to say.

muslimscholar
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

muhammed first wife was christian thats new neva heard that befor

muslimscholar
Originally posted by Lord Urizen

Both have been abused throughout history, and both are only worth as much as its followers make it.

so i see thats why islam is the fastest growing religon in the world should open ur mind and let some fresh air in there its full of bull shit

fini
it would be nice if you did the same................ u know, open your mind and rid it of some bul|shit

finti
well I would say those who are open minded enough to dont follow some religious scriptures are the one without the BS.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by muslimscholar
so i see thats why islam is the fastest growing religon in the world should open ur mind and let some fresh air in there its full of bull shit

I can at least back my "bullshit" up with fact and reasoning, while all you have is an outdated book of mythology.

Islam is growing fact, because most people live in Fear. Christianity and Islam help people feel comfort with thier fear.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.