Magneto vs Despero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
2 team-breakers. who wins? call it hom magneto because i'm not positive if he had a recent power-up or not.

UniOmni
HOM Magneto wins it i'd say.

Physical force hasn't broken Magnetos shields in recent memory, and HOM Magnus was uber.

leonidas
hmm, how would mags ko him? despero is a beast. and i wonder if mags could be possessed . . .

PRAYERRUN
who's desparo anyway?:P

Horrificus
are you guys insane?
Magneto is NOT beating Despero.

leonidas
Originally posted by Horrificus
are you guys insane?

i tend to agree.

Validus
Originally posted by Horrificus
are you guys insane?
Yeah, if written in a book, Despero would stomp him. Physical force might not work but if Magneto can see the hypnotic third eye, he's a slave.

UniOmni
Magnetos willpower is second to none.

If Superman can take the eye and keep on trucking, i'd wager Magnus could as well.

hawkeye111
Originally posted by UniOmni
Magnetos willpower is second to none.

If Superman can take the eye and keep on trucking, i'd wager Magnus could as well.

when has magneto demonstrated major will power?

batdude123
Originally posted by hawkeye111

*sigh*

Uni, you wanna take this one?

Draco69
Depero's third eye isn't his only attack. He isn't a brick. He can just teleport Magneto in a black hole or something.

batdude123
Originally posted by Draco69
Depero's third eye isn't his only attack. He isn't a brick. He can just teleport Magneto in a black hole or something.

Yup.

Then again... you know... the whole wormhole thing with Mags.

Draco69
Originally posted by batdude123
Yup.

Then again... you know... the whole wormhole thing with Mags.

That's because of his daughter....or is it?!

Dun Dun Dun!

eek!

batdude123
Edit.

batdude123
Originally posted by Draco69
That's because of his daughter....or is it?!

Dun Dun Dun!

eek!

That wasn't even conclusive at all, just speculation. mhm

UniOmni
Originally posted by hawkeye111

His helmet doesn't provide him any tp resistance, despite what forum legends say.

Thats pure willpower baby.

hawkeye111
His helmet doesn't provide him any tp resistance, despite what forum legends say.

Thats pure willpower baby.

looked at magneto respect thread

he does have good willpower, but im not convinced that it is at superman's level

UniOmni
Why??

Cuz he constantly doesn't have an entire universe nuthugging him??

Would you say Dr. Doom has willpower at or even beyond Superman level?

DigiMark007
Despero's the guy that almost trashed the entire JLA, right?

Yeah, JLA >>>> Magneto, despite his awesome-ness.

leonidas
Why??

Cuz he constantly doesn't have an entire universe nuthugging him??

Would you say Dr. Doom has willpower at or even beyond Superman level?

his willpower wasn't enough to prevent charles from mindraping him. despero makes manhunter look like a chump in terms of tp and chuck can't even match up to manhunter featwise. if he DOESN'T have added protection in his helmet (curious where did you come bby that knowledge?) then he would be f'd. supes resisted his power briefly, but would have fallen had tornado not saved his arse . . .

UniOmni
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Despero's the guy that almost trashed the entire JLA, right?

Yeah, JLA >>>> Magneto, despite his awesome-ness.

I used to say the same thing about Darkseid, but look what happened when Jurgens and Schultz and Loeb got their mitts on him.

And Despy while uber, is a physical powerhouse with great tp.

And Magneto has owned both in the past.

I'm not saying he'll smash Despero, but he can bfr him easily.

DigiMark007
BFR? Didn't Draco just say Despero can do the same? I doubt that would be a viable tactic in this fight.

batdude123
Originally posted by leonidas
his willpower wasn't enough to prevent charles from mindraping him. despero makes manhunter look like a chump in terms of tp and chuck can't even match up to manhunter featwise. if he DOESN'T have added protection in his helmet (curious where did you come bby that knowledge?) then he would be f'd. supes resisted his power briefly, but would have fallen had tornado not saved his arse . . .

That was after he fought the entire X-Men squad, and after he got stabbed in the gut by Wolverine.

He's taken Charle's full onslaught of telepathic assaults three other times, and has managed to overcome that and knock Charle's ass out.

The reason Charles doesn't have world-wide telepathy is because Magneto screwed w/ the Magneto-sphere in order for Charles to have a range limit on his telepathy. In close range, Charles is second to none.

leonidas
3 times, no helmet, full power, no-hold-barred? What the f**k?

maybe, but i'd need to see the instances you're talking about . . . and i'd still like to know where you guys came up with the idea that he gets no protection from the helmet.

and charly'd be second to despero who could do more damage than the xmen combined, in any event. and i've yet to hear how mags could beat him. and i'm not gonna buy the whole -- control the iron in his blood schtick. wink

Validus
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/superdante/SUPERMANlogo.jpg

UniOmni
Originally posted by Validus
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/superdante/SUPERMANlogo.jpg

I.............I don't know what came over me.

sad

Of course, Superman is leagues above Magnus in the willpower department.

And GL Hal apparently, for that matter.

Silly me.

Thank you Validus. wink

Get that shit outta here!!!

SpunkySmurph

Yes. He's taken a major assault from Charles even when Xavier has attacked his mind when he was in bed. Mags was still able to fend off his mental attack. And no, he doesn't wear his helmet when he's about to sleep.

maybe, but i'd need to see the instances you're talking about . . . and i'd still like to know where you guys came up with the idea that he gets no protection from the helmet.

Check out the Mag's respect thread.
And the helmet thing has never been mentioned on panel (I don't believe) and was only actually reffered to as a mental block in the movies.

and i'm not gonna buy the whole -- control the iron in his blood schtick. wink

so you don't believe Mags could do that? or a number of other things? What the f**k?

leonidas
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
so you don't believe Mags could do that? or a number of other things? What the f**k?

all those points you brought up are cool and all, but i've still not seen it for myself. scans? issue numbers at least?

and no, i absolutely do NOT believe he can control the iron (if despero HAS iron . . .) in his blood.

and what 'other' things are you talking about?

don't shiv
iif magneto thinks positive and acts positive, jumping around, playing air guitar and imploding/exploding matter in his immediate environment into Brilliant Fireworks Despero can't do jack .

juggernaut66666

and charly'd be second to despero who could do more damage than the xmen combined, in any event. and i've yet to hear how mags could beat him. and i'm not gonna buy the whole -- control the iron in his blood schtick. wink
Even Magneto's daughter Polaris was able to controll the Iron in the blood.

Rewmac
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Even Magneto's daughter Polaris was able to controll the Iron in the blood.

She was even able to control iron in Iceman's ice blast... confused

juggernaut66666
Polaris controlling the iron in Havok's blood (also controlling the iron in thewater)
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/4755/1fp3.th.jpg

Rewmac
Depero got incredible strenght and telepathic abilities. I Magneto isn't fast enough and Despero rips off his helmet he is ****ed...

By the way some say Polaris is even stronger than Magneto.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Rewmac
Depero got incredible strenght and telepathic abilities. I Magneto isn't fast enough and Despero rips off his helmet he is ****ed...

By the way some say Polaris is even stronger than Magneto.
The Helmet doesn't protect him from telepathy

Rewmac
Not anymore??? Well it protected him most of the time from Prof X....

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Rewmac
Not anymore??? Well it protected him most of the time from Prof X....
Only in the movie.

Rewmac
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Only in the movie.

Naaah oldschool X-Men days in the early 90s. It protected him.

leonidas
cool pic of polaris -- again, i don't even know there IS iron in despero's blood. maybe, but even if he tried, despero could easily port away from the attack. i still wait to see scans of mags taking charlie's full blast without his helmet.

DarkCrawler
ONLY time,

I'll say this again, ONLY time it has EVER been mentioned that Magneto's helmet protects him from telepathic attacks is Morrison's run on New X-Men (which happened after the movie), and we all know how good he was writing Magneto...and by "Good", I mean worst writing of Magneto ever. It is obivous that he based lot of stuff in his run in comics from movies.

EVERY time Magneto takes assault from Xavier, the helmet is not even mentioned. It is pure willpower that has enabled him to take those attacks, and it is mentioned in the scans too.

Validus
I.............I don't know what came over me.

sad

Of course, Superman is leagues above Magnus in the willpower department.

And GL Hal apparently, for that matter.

Silly me.

Thank you Validus. wink

Get that shit outta here!!!
For the record, I don't think Mags willpower would be shown as higher than Hal's in a book. That's Hal thing just like being the strongest there is is Hulk's thing. If Hal fell to Despero, Mags and his willpower would too.

UniOmni
Hal falls, where Superman doesn't??

Surely not good sir.

I wouldn't put Magneto above Hal either, but then again, i'd have never thought Hal or Batman would fall, where Superman prevails.

In willpower at least.

Validus
Hal falls, where Superman doesn't??

Surely not good sir.

I wouldn't put Magneto above Hal either, but then again, i'd have never thought Hal or Batman would fall, where Superman prevails.

In willpower at least.
All I'm saying is that in that specific story, Magneto would have fallen just like Hal. Now a forum fight may be different. Hal wouldn't lose via that method either on this forum. However, there's no denying that fight scene was all Superman, Zatanna and their sidekicks called the JLA.

leonidas
and all's i'm saying is i've yet to see an example of mags withstanding a full-out tp attack from charlie WITHOUT a helmet. big grin

i wait to have my mind changed. smile

General Kon-El
stupid ass overrated character magneto....despero wins 10/10

leonidas
Originally posted by General Kon-El

laughing

batdude123
and all's i'm saying is i've yet to see an example of mags withstanding a full-out tp attack from charlie WITHOUT a helmet. big grin

i wait to have my mind changed. smile

Magneto's helmet in those days weren't telepathic. Hell, even weak telepath's were able to enter his mind and speak to him that way just like they would for a normal person. I guess he just wore it for a fashion statement? srug

leonidas
all's i'm saying is if you think he can resist charly full power, show me. at this point, i'll take a scan where he HAS the helmet on and charly REALLY goes at him. i know no one can show one where charly takes it to him and he does NOT have a helmet . . .

show me one of the 3 scans you were talking about earlier in the thread -- i especially am curious about the one where mag's fights off charly while he's sleeping! big grin

snoopdogg
I have a question about Mags in his shield. Would high frequency sonics knock him out while he is in his shield?

leonidas
seems like they could. he stills hears. it would need to be a surprise, most likely though.

snoopdogg
Why would it need to be a surprise though?

Roldz
Didnt Charley lobotomized Mags with his shield on? I know he had help from Jean but really cant remember if Mags had a helmet on.. Talkin about Fatal Atraction...

Grimm22
Mags gets his ass handed to him by the Xmen no expression

Despro kicks the JLA's ass wink

JLA >>>>>>>>>>>>>> X-men yes

Horrificus
Originally posted by General Kon-El

agreed

batdude123
Originally posted by Grimm22
Mags gets his ass handed to him by the Xmen no expression

Despro kicks the JLA's ass wink

JLA >>>>>>>>>>>>>> X-men yes

Please.

He's beaten the X-Men's ass more times than can be counted.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.