Sidious knew

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General G
Sidious knew that Anakin was coming during his duel with Mace, because he had the chance to kill him but he knew that Anakin might not be turned if he did, so he had to keep him alive, this is the only explanation I can think of, he also had him like that for a few seconds, enough time to kill him, if there are any others, please post. Oh, for those who are not sure what scene, here it is:

Tangible God
He must've known, he WAS telepathecally talking to Anakin, almost goading him into coming. Yet also, he was taking an AWFUL risk in hoping that Anakin would stop Mace in time, or at all.

queeq
MAce was a wuss... all that TALK about killing Palpy and not striking...

Council#13

Alliance
Originally posted by Tangible God
He must've known, he WAS telepathecally talking to Anakin, almost goading him into coming. Yet also, he was taking an AWFUL risk in hoping that Anakin would stop Mace in time, or at all.

I doubt that. Its much more logical that Palps thought he'd kill Mace with Anakin back at the temple, then he'd show Anakin a holo of it or something later and since the Jedi were clearly having moral issues, Anakin would join the Chancellor.

Forcewielder

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by queeq
MAce was a wuss... all that TALK about killing Palpy and not striking...

well... yeaaaahhhhhh... pretty much.

queeq
That is about the end of it... hehehehe

JaehSkywalker
This is it.

waits....

Alliance
Maybe Mace was too busy gloating over his victory....

....or contemplating how he was going to reconcile random assassination with Republic law.

queeq
Sure...

SpaceMonkey
I doubt it. I think Mace had Sidious defeated. I doubt Sid would have risked that much. If Anakin hadn't stopped Mace he would have been killed.

Alliance
Or he could have just rolled out of the way.

Darth Subjekt
Yea Lucas said in the commentary that the way they originally shot it was that Anakin was already on the darkside (happening when Palps revealed himself to Anakin) and that Anakin had to help Sidious beat Mace. Now i know that since thats not whats shown, it might not matter, but i doubt that Lucas changed his position on Mace really beating Sidious. He was already on his ass as Anakin walked in. And if he was playing on a chance that Anakin would help him, he sure did take a big one letting his saber fall out of the window and all. I think Mace beat him fair and square, Anakin just helped sway the final outcome. Besides, that first picture in this thread makes it look like Sidious was holding MAce at saber point and he couldn't do anything...when we know that was a swing that Mace dodged. Also it was Mace holding a saber to Sidious face and holding him in a submissive position.

Alliance
I think it would have been cooler (and more meaningful) to see Mace fight Anakin.

queeq
Originally posted by Alliance
Or he could have just rolled out of the way.

laughing out loud

Escape81
I doubt that. Its much more logical that Palps thought he'd kill Mace with Anakin back at the temple, then he'd show Anakin a holo of it or something later and since the Jedi were clearly having moral issues, Anakin would join the Chancellor.

Force users have been shown to be able to telepathically communicate with each other, as well as sense presences and feelings. Consider that Yoda was able to feel Anakin's anger at the Tusken Raiders, despite half way across the galaxy.

Given that we know, very well, that Palpatine is the granddaddy of manipulators, it wouldn't be difficult for him to manipulate Anakin or Mace again (face it, guys, he had both of them duped for decades).

And, yes, the scene where Anakin is in near tears in the Council chamber, waiting for Mace to return, depicts a voice over from Palpatine that is new dialogue.

It's highly possible that he wanted to drag Anakin back to his office, and have Anakin defend Palpatine from Mace (thus sealing his allegiance to Palpatine - or at least cutting the Jedi off from Anakin, which would likely happen if Anakin attacked their senior councilmember).

General G
Originally posted by Escape81

It's highly possible that he wanted to drag Anakin back to his office, and have Anakin defend Palpatine from Mace (thus sealing his allegiance to Palpatine - or at least cutting the Jedi off from Anakin, which would likely happen if Anakin attacked their senior councilmember).

That might make sense because he said that Mace was there sooner than expected. whether he actually meant that according to Grievous's death or that he was expecting Anakin first, I am not sure. But that sounds good Escape.

Alliance
Force users have been shown to be able to telepathically communicate with each other, as well as sense presences and feelings. Consider that Yoda was able to feel Anakin's anger at the Tusken Raiders, despite half way across the galaxy.

Except that was not communication, that was reverberations in the force. The force was choosing Anakin. A better example would be Luke and Leia after luke gets shafted on Bespin.

Given that we know, very well, that Palpatine is the granddaddy of manipulators, it wouldn't be difficult for him to manipulate Anakin or Mace again (face it, guys, he had both of them duped for decades).
So, this could be used to support any of these arguements.

And, yes, the scene where Anakin is in near tears in the Council chamber, waiting for Mace to return, depicts a voice over from Palpatine that is new dialogue.
I actually hate that part, as with the Tusken echo on the Hand. Its him remembering it, not Palpsy speaking to him.

But really, why risk damaged goods? It would have been much easier to do it many other ways.

Council#13
Originally posted by Forcewielder
If PalpSidious could sense that Anakin was in danger even though he was on another planet, then he could sense him leaving the Jedi Temple to come to his aid at the same time that Palps is fighting the Mace Windu posse.

Anakin and Palpatine were bound by the Force. Also, without the Jedi around he probably had a clearer view of the Force. Anakin also may have sent out a sort of distress signal.

PVS
sidious knew

vader wore black

its 'state the obvious' day at kmc? stick out tongue

Council#13
I remember when you said to someone in the GDF how your avatars were mixing or something, 'cause his was a pair of legs. So you have the head and shoulders of some guy then some woman's legs laughing out loud

queeq
Errr... that sounds like EU....

Alliance
legs!

PVS
not again. please

Escape81
And it just so happens that it could support one who believes Palpatine manipulated the situation. It is easily within the realm of his abilities. As a manipulator, he is peerless, and played Mace like a fiddle for years.

He could just as easily have done it again.

Palpatine's voiceover was never spoken during Anakin's confrontation with Palpatine in his office, earlier.

Unfortunately, the entire thing came down to somewhat of a risk. There was always the possibility that Anakin could have simply rejected him in the first place. He took a risk by letting Anakin kill Count Dooku. Had Anakin not submitted, he would've been without an apprentice. The same applies here.

When Palpatine finally confessed his identity, Anakin did not immediately accept, and instead said he would turn Palpatine over to the Council.

Perhaps Palpatine thought, by contacting him and pulling him back to the office, he could force Anakin's hand. If he attacked Windu and his team, then it would shut the Jedi off from Anakin. They would no longer see him as an ally, almost forcing him to choose Palpatine instead.

That Palpatine dominated the fight with Windu for half of the time, then the second half being a stalemate, and then being disarmed seconds before Anakin arrived, seems a little fishy.

Darth Subjekt
Palpatine's voiceover was never spoken during Anakin's confrontation with Palpatine in his office, earlier.

true, but we also dont see Anakin leave the office, so we don't know if anything else is said. But who knows. There's no way to really know one way or the other.

queeq
Nope.

Darth Subjekt
nope in agreement, or nope in disagreement?

Council#13
Palpatine didn't know Anakin was coming mhm

queeq
Okay.

Escape81
Originally posted by Council#13
Palpatine didn't know Anakin was coming mhm

Oh, it's been confirmed?

queeq
Yes, the Imperial Press Office just sent a notification.

Alliance
ahh, the IPO.

queeq
Yes. You know it.

General G
Who doesn't know of the IPO?

Alliance
I'm part of it. messed

queeq
Aha... taht explains a lot.

exanda kane
Hmm...I just thought it was the duty of the narrative to make it as dramatic as possibble...but of course, maybe Anakin and Palpatine were paging each other on each others progress...

queeq
Coruscant SMS...

Alliance
FORCE ALARM!

queeq
Where?

Alliance
I don't know...aparently it is internal....

Luke: "LEiaaaa"

Leia: "Luke"

Leia: "....We have to go back."

queeq
?????????

Alliance
Didn't you watch ESB?

queeq
Oh that...

Kongu Dude
You've got a point. hmm

Just like your name and sig. v

Alliance
Me or the ugly one?

queeq
Is there a difference?

Alliance
Yes, hence the distinction.

queeq
Must be visible for insiders only...

Kongu Dude
Me or the ugly one?
General G. v

Council#13
Oh, it's been confirmed?

Read any of the biographes of Mace, Palpatine and/or Sidious, and Anakin from the Official Star Wars website. None of them even mention that Palpatine might have even thought that Anakin might come.

Found a previous post of mine.

In the inner recesses of the Chancellor's private office, the Jedi confronted the Chancellor. Palpatine produced a lightsaber hidden in his sleeve and let the dark side of the Force flow through him. It granted him inhuman dexterity and speed, agility enough to quickly kill three Jedi Masters and force the mighty Mace Windu back. The two dueled, transforming the office of politics into an arena of lightsaber combat. Windu overpowered Palpatine the instant Anakin Skywalker came running into the offices. From Palpatine's thing on the Official Star Wars website

The Jedi barged into Palpatine's most private offices. Mace attempted to arrest the Chancellor, but Palpatine sprang into action. Brandishing a lightsaber, Palpatine dropped the guise of harmless politician and emerged as deadly Sith Lord. Sidious quickly killed Tiin, Kolar and Fisto and forced Windu back into the main office chamber. Just then, Anakin Skywalker arrived, disobeying Windu's direct order. That on Mace's

Anakin reported the Chancellor to Mace Windu, earning the Jedi Master's trust. Windu brought a team of capable Jedi warriors to arrest the Chancellor, but he refused to let Anakin come along. Left alone to stew in his tempestuous thoughts, Anakin realized that Palpatine could be his only chance at saving Padmé. He rushed to the Chancellor's office, to discover that Mace Windu was about to kill the Sith Lord. That on Anakin

None of them say that he knew Anakin was coming. It's possible that he might have, but so far we have nothing substantial to base it on.

queeq
So we can continue to argue about it. YAAAYYY!

Kongu Dude
Yay. now00t

Alliance
So...its seem's that Palp's brilliant planning is only as good as Lucas' crappy writing skills.

Council#13
So...its seem's that Palp's brilliant planning is only as good as Lucas' crappy writing skills.

I thought you were going to argue with me, and I thought, "If he argues against me, I'm sooo dead." ermm

General G
Arguing is fun and interesting!

Kongu Dude
Indeed. big grin

Alliance
I thought you were going to argue with me, and I thought, "If he argues against me, I'm sooo dead." ermm

Well, I appreciate the compliment. But apparently we are not currently in opposition.

queeq
But you can pretend you are.

Kongu Dude
blink

Alliance
But you can pretend you are.
ninja

queeq
The disguise is working already.

Alliance
Oh you saw right through me.

queeq
Always.

Kongu Dude
Indeed. disguise

queeq
And it's not a nice sight. wink

Ki-adi-mundi
When i watch the film and anakin is running to the place where palpatine/sideous is i sh!t my pants and say no dont run just walk nice and slowley

queeq
Why?

aldisyoyo
cause running gives him a heart attack!!!horse

queeq
No, it doesn't.

General G
He seems fine to me.

queeq
indeed.

aldisyoyo
jeez 1st off i was kiddin second, why is indeed the most popular word in your vocabulary?!?!

marapets
I think it would have been cooler (and more meaningful) to see Mace fight Anakin. yeah that would have been awesome but they prob didnt do it because wouldnt mace have won?? i mean he was a master

Council#13
Being a Jedi Master doesn't really count for anything. It's still debatable who would win of the two, but I am inclined to think that Mace would.

queeq
Nah... Anakin would have. He beat Dooku... he was both Master AND Sith.

stuwienl
Anakin was reckless and nothing compared to Mace, although I would like to see Mace win and Anakin getting is ass kicked.

Alliance
A mace Anakin fight would have been much more appealing than the later yoda-sidious fight.

However, Mace would have lost.

queeq
SHOULD have lost in fact. I'm sure Anakin had more hate for him than for OB1... and hate, as we all know now, gives him focus.

Alliance
As he should, because Mace was an @sshole.

Hate does not give "focus"...just narrowmindedness.

queeq
Palpy said it gives focus. And he never lies. wink

Tangible God
Well he doesn't.

aldisyoyo
never lies???????????? blink

Tangible God
Well, in the movies, can you name a part where he lies?

aldisyoyo
ok, "i am the only way you can save padme" and when he joined him, wudduya know, padme dies....who wudda thunk it?

Pepsi_Blue_Fan
But I think Mance DID know Anakian was coming, or when he came into the building while fighting Mace. Also isn't Yodi a more skilled lightsaber master then Mace? But also I think he allowed himself to be disarmed by Mace..So when Anakian walked in he would be on the ground while Mace is pointing his lightsaber at a disarmed high ranking offical. Plus, with all that talk about the Jedi and such he told Anakian, I belive that was enough to bring Anaikan completey towars the darkside. ^_^ Mace made a stupid move trying to kill him in fronet of someone who was already damaged to the Jedi and on the verge of becoming Darth Vader! >=( but seriously, I think he had no clue he was coming until he got closer. I would think he would be able to sense him sinse his force sensetively was off the charts and such. With that plus him going into the deep pool of pure force powers and such, and stroung emoutions. I would think if your a Sith Lord you would be able to sense that. Infact I would think it would be hard to even ignore. >_> I also think he knew Anaikan was ready to snap and all, thats why he put himself in harms way. He even did the same thing to Luke, he isn't scared of being striked down when he knows his going to be safe. Or he knows he will bring someone to the darkside in the progress. smile He incoraged Luke to strike him down. His crazy and evil and powerful like that lol.

Alliance
Originally posted by aldisyoyo
ok, "i am the only way you can save padme" and when he joined him, wudduya know, padme dies....who wudda thunk it?

Umm...thats not a lie, just a bad prediction.

Tangible God
Originally posted by aldisyoyo
ok, "i am the only way you can save padme" and when he joined him, wudduya know, padme dies....who wudda thunk it? Umm, that doesn't quite fall under the definition of a lie, only a twist of ironic fate, strictly on Anakin's part mind you.

queeq
"Oh, we are quite safe from your rebel friend here." - he lied.

And Pepsi-Blue fan: all conjecture.

Tangible God
"Oh, we are quite safe from your rebel friend here." - he lied.

And Pepsi-Blue fan: all conjecture. But he didn't know the truth did he?

queeq
Well, he should have. wink

Tangible God
That sly dog.

Pepsi_Blue_Fan
I heard Mace might of possible survived that shocking fall...I also heard he might be in 7,8 and 9. XD (if your wondering who the villians can possibley be if it isn't the sith? its the dark jedi. :P)

Alliance
OMG NO. Stop.

aldisyoyo
dude, my friend hinks that.....now he classified under "r u a retard?"

queeq
I knew that.

Thorinn
Sidious didn't know shit.

queeq
He knew plenty.

Alliance
He was a flaming hypocrite.

General G
A flaming, intelligent hypocrite

Alliance
Intelligent? What did he do?

The only intelligence he showed was running away everytime a Jedi cornered him, whcih was fairly frequently from what I understand.

Effing Seps.

Tangible God
Intelligent or stupid, he won either way.

Alliance
Won what? Death?

General G

The only intelligence he showed was running away everytime a Jedi cornered him, whcih was fairly frequently from what I understand.

Effing Seps.

Intelligen? He fooled each and every Jedi on the council, even the old, wise, and powerful Yoda, he was behind the entire Clone Wars and was able to lead the entire galaxy as an Emperor without the entire galaxy realising he was a Sith Lord and evil. Just to name a few.

Won what? Death?

In the end yes. But before that, he defeated the Republic, he brought the galaxy to its knees while they all bowed and listenned to him.

Vegas

Effing Seps.

He owned the galaxy for about twenty years after wiping out one of the most powerful forces in the galaxy and manipulating the most potentially powerful Jedi to basically be his right hand.

Yeah, he did nothing . . . Except cause one of the most influential chain of events in the Star Wars Universe.

Alliance
Oh...haha...this isn't the Grievous thread.

F*ck Palps anyway.

queeq
Language!

He was a flaming hypocrite.

He was a manipulator.... hypocrisy was one of his tools.

Alliance
How am I supposed to speak if I cant use language? confused

queeq
Fart.

Alliance
Not appropriate. Reported.

queeq
Not? Says who?

General G
Oh...haha...this isn't the Grievous thread.

I should make one!!! eek! eek! eek!

queeq
Another one???? I don't think so. evil face

Alliance
Not that queeq would do his job and close it anyway. erm

General G
laughing out loud

queeq
I might.

General G
Hmm... I'll try it out, Kongu Dude, you better post.

queeq
Hehehehe

General G
And...ITS THERE!!!

Alliance
Not any more.

General G
no expression my god, you're right!

queeq
Well, another uselss thread. I'm closing this one so we can start some new useless threads.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.