Hellstorm: Son Of Satan #1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black Adam
Anyone else read it? Pretty good for a first issue.

I thought this was some new character and marvels attempt to get a Hellblazer type book out...

until I searched the all mighty wikipedia and found out he's just some c lister...

King_Mungi
Yeah I read his old apperances, but he never cranked me.

How is this any better?

Black Adam
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Yeah I read his old apperances, but he never cranked me.

How is this any better?

never read any of his old appearances. the first issue felt like a detective/hellblazer book.

marvelprince
I loved his older appearances. His past appearances were more in line with a Dr. Strange/Spawn type character.

Grimm22
I really liked the issue erm

The new look fits Hellstorm.

Making him kind of a Hellblazer type of character

Robbastard
Compared to the 90's series, this is crap.

Not only does Irvine ignore established continuity (Daimon killed his father and took over his realm), but his personality is wrong. Daimon would never refer to his father as "my dad," nor would he go leaping up onto fire escapes like he's Daredevil!

The plot itself just seems boring, though I'm curious to see if Irvine really knows much about Egyptian mythology beyond an ninth grade encyclopedia.

On top of everything else, the artwork is typical "Hell ala Marvel"--cartoonish demons that look like grown-up versions of Hotstuff. Sure, there's a lot of gore, but it comes off looking laughable rather than scary.

Irvine's take is more Evil Ernie or Midnight Sons than Vertigo, & a waste of my money.

Marvel should put Eliis & Manco on this book--I'd pay double.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.