Left-handed Piano

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lord xyz
http://www.lefthandedpiano.co.uk/

Atlast, left-handed pianists (like me) can play with ease. Instead of trying to play a melody with their weak hand. disgust

Discuss! eek!

Mišt
...what a simple yet clever idea blink

Alliance
Originally posted by lord xyz

Atlast, left-handed pianists (like me) can play with ease. Instead of trying to play a melody with their weak hand. disgust

Discuss! eek!

maybe god never intended for left hand people to play piano cause left hand people r teh devil and music is teh devil and maybe u should jsut make your right hand your good hand cause that is what god wants

lord xyz
Originally posted by Alliance
maybe god never intended for left hand people to play piano cause left hand people r teh devil and music is teh devil and maybe u should jsut make your right hand your good hand cause that is what god wants God also wants you to be hetrosexual, but I guess god can't get what he wants, can he? Atleast I have the devil on my side. ermm

Alliance
loveermm

lord xyz
loveermm I made that. ermm

Imperial_Samura

Discuss! eek!

Now all I need to do is get myself a left hand and I'll be set!

Hehehehe.

Strangelove
being right-handed, I care little for this development no expression

Kram3r
Originally posted by Strangelove
being right-handed, I care little for this development no expression

laughing

Ditto. no expression

lord xyz
Prejudices. disgust

§P0oONY
Why should we cater to those who are genetically inferior?

no expression

Alliance

lord xyz

§P0oONY
Die.......Please.

We are not genetically inferior, we're genetically advanced. no expression
*Jumps of bridge wearing cement shoes*

lord xyz

§P0oONY
What about jumpers made by bridges wearing cement shoes?

Such a lefty comment. no

lord xyz

§P0oONY
What? It's just that you said "of" instead of "off".
But only a lefty would pick someone up on a typing error...stick out tongue

Madman_V3N0M
I am training to beacome ambiddexterous, so i use my left hand whenever I can, like brushing my teeth, writing when nobody has to read it, cuting stuff, drawing... and other stuff.

lord xyz

lord xyz
Say, did anyone here acually click the link?

Madman_V3N0M

Even maturbating?
I was hoping someone would say that, yes.

Yes what? Yes I clicked the link...
http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/0819/ohgodwhy.jpg

lord xyz
Originally posted by Madman_V3N0M
I was hoping someone would say that, yes.

Yes what? Yes I clicked the link...
http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/0819/ohgodwhy.jpg How can you wank with your weak hand? blink

Madman_V3N0M
How can you wank with your weak hand? blink
Nice and slow... I guess...

lord xyz
Nice and slow... I guess... But it's unsatisfactory.

Madman_V3N0M
I know, but there are benefits, such as training in using both hands for complex tasks, what if you ever have a car accident and lose your right hand and your wife? And of course, jerkin off with just one hand will bend your penis...

lord xyz
I know, but there are benefits, such as training in using both hands for complex tasks, what if you ever have a car accident and lose your right hand and your wife? And of course, jerkin off with just one hand will bend your penis... True ermm And, I don't wank with my right hand.

Darth Jello
i'm left-handed, i do most things left-handed, i play guitar left-handed, and this still seems like a completely retarded idea. I mean, the layout of the notes is completely counterintuitive, expecially in relation to the way music is written.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Darth Jello
i'm left-handed, i do most things left-handed, i play guitar left-handed, and this still seems like a completely retarded idea. I mean, the layout of the notes is completely counterintuitive, expecially in relation to the way music is written. What? The guy explains why he made the piano in the vids on the website.

Charmed_Phoebe
maybe god never intended for left hand people to play piano cause left hand people r teh devil and music is teh devil and maybe u should jsut make your right hand your good hand cause that is what god wants

confused maybe God gifted us left handers! A police officer once told me this: "Everyone is born left handed, we turn right handed once we committ our first sin" stick out tongue Plus lefties use their RIGHT side of the brain! stick out tongue So, in the long run we are unique and better then you commoners.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Charmed_Phoebe
confused maybe God gifted us left handers! A police officer once told me this: "Everyone is born left handed, we turn right handed once we committ our first sin" stick out tongue Plus lefties use their RIGHT side of the brain! stick out tongue So, in the long run we are unique and better then you commoners. blink

debbiejo
confused maybe God gifted us left handers! A police officer once told me this: "Everyone is born left handed, we turn right handed once we committ our first sin" stick out tongue Plus lefties use their RIGHT side of the brain! stick out tongue So, in the long run we are unique and better then you commoners.
Someones a lefty and going to hell cause of it..........Hell is full of left handed people, we all know it. It's in the Bible.

pokey

lol

Strangelove
Even maturbating? I already masturbate with my left hand srug

lord xyz
Originally posted by debbiejo
Someones a lefty and going to hell cause of it..........Hell is full of left handed people, we all know it. It's in the Bible.

pokey

lol I thought hell was reserved for jews, blacks and england. no expression

~Flamboyant~
Go leftys!

Strangelove
Fake statistic that I actually heard once:

90% of gay people are left-handed

Tptmanno1
That seems utterly pointless...
As you progress, and songs get harder, being right handed or left handed matters less, because the melody moves, or even the chords are harder than the melody.

lord xyz
Fake statistic that I actually heard once:

90% of gay people are left-handed What?!? blink

Originally posted by Tptmanno1
That seems utterly pointless...
As you progress, and songs get harder, being right handed or left handed matters less, because the melody moves, or even the chords are harder than the melody. Ha, you make me laugh. And it shows you didn't watch any of the vids.

Madman_V3N0M
Actually, pianists are ususally ambidexterous.

lord xyz
Actually, pianists are ususally ambidexterous. Not fully, as the guy explains most piano music uses your right-hand more, and with a mirror image of the piano, you would use your left hand more. Making it easier for those who prefer their left hand. Although, learning the piano is a good way for me to strengthen my right hand, but it's the same as playing a guitar with your weak hand.

Charmed_Phoebe

pokey

lol

DEBBIE! I am most certainly NOT going to HELL! confused I am going to Heaven with my grandma! grrr!

besides....

artist lefties are great artist smile and usually way smarter haha!

debbiejo
Ask your grandma to visit here. I want to talk to her to see if lefties are allowed in heaven. stick out tongue

Charmed_Phoebe
Ask your grandma to visit here. I want to talk to her to see if lefties are allowed in heaven. stick out tongue

sad i miss my grandma she would not have been mean like my grandpa and got a new family. she can't come down from Heaven debbie, you know that! wink

debbiejo
Why can't she? There's no doors there. stick out tongue

I know, I know, lets get your grandpa back...We'll sabotage his car. evil face

lord xyz
I hate to break this to both of you but, Heaven doesn't exist.

Charmed_Phoebe
Why can't she? There's no doors there. stick out tongue

I know, I know, lets get your grandpa back...We'll sabotage his car. evil face

the car belongs to me now....

Strangelove
What?!? blink It's fake srug

lord xyz
It's fake srug Yes but still, whoever told you that is ****ed in the head.

amity75
Can't lefties just re-string a right handed piano?

lord xyz
Originally posted by amity75
Can't lefties just re-string a right handed piano? That's pretty much what it is.

debbiejo
the car belongs to me now.... Oh...Then I guess we shouldn't sabotage it..... bunny

Charmed_Phoebe
Oh...Then I guess we shouldn't sabotage it..... bunny

no...we should not. remember I told you that! The car is mine and I have to pay college, basically I don't have a grandfather anymore!

hey did you guys know there is a left handed scholarship? hhehe!

debbiejo
blink

sk8stuff09
im left handed, but i dont see the point in playing a left handed piano, i mean i can play a normal piano....now playing guitar is different

Gaca
left-handed piano? jeez, what a waste.

After playin 9 years on a normal one i'm DEFINITELY going to find it easier to use. Yup, sure. And all all concert halls will surely have those, too stick out tongue

lord xyz
Originally posted by Gaca
left-handed piano? jeez, what a waste.

After playin 9 years on a normal one i'm DEFINITELY going to find it easier to use. Yup, sure. And all all concert halls will surely have those, too stick out tongue Although I agree, it must have been hela hard to play Sonata 15.

Charmed_Phoebe
blink

sadwalk yeah....it really sucks. Oh well I am all alone in this cruel left handed hating world!!!! (LOL)

Anyways....Debbie get your memory checked! and I have always wanted to learn how to play the piano perhaps i will try with the left handed one if i only had the MONEY! lol.

pianopod
Hi everyone,
If you'd like to learn playing the piano on the Left-Hand piano, check out my free tutorials at PIANOPOD dot com

While, there, also visit my Piano Lounge to hear lots of my free piano solos.

Alan

Darth Jello
I'm left-handed and I think it would just be completely counter-intuitive to the way music is notated.

Bicnarok

inimalist
I'm left-handed and I think it would just be completely counter-intuitive to the way music is notated.

I'm right handed, but I agree

however, this has more to do with how your brain maps the spatial relation between progressive notes.

There probably are people out there for whom a left handed piano makes way more sense.

Darth Jello
I think it could work if music was read right to left, like hebrew or arabic.

inimalist
that is a personal representation to you, though

Like, I don't personally disagree, but I've read about synesthesic patients who map time in the shape of an L or other such things (most research looks at abnormalities in colour perception, but synesthesia is way bigger than that).

I haven't read anything specifically about notes and musical scales, but it stands to reason that the spatial representation of a scale, the mapping of written notes to muscle action, and the representation of sound in some people could make a lefty piano more effective.

lord xyz
As a lefty I have a tendency to reverse what people do with their hands to suit me. Seeing someone play with their right hand makes me wanna play with the left. I'm really fast and good with my left than the right, and when I use the keyboard mirror, I can play a lot easier.

I still play the "right" way though, so I can play on any piano.

siriuswriter
Erm, often the left-handed parts of piano pieces can be as complicated as the right-handed parts.

Which is why you need to use them both. It's no hindrance to have a complicated left hand passage... it's just called practice.

lord xyz
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Erm, often the left-handed parts of piano pieces can be as complicated as the right-handed parts.

Which is why you need to use them both. It's no hindrance to have a complicated left hand passage... it's just called practice. You aren't playing the melody, so you aren't feeling the music. It's hard to explain, but makes so much sense.

Darth Jello
I tend to mirror a lot of things too. I mirror combos in martial arts, play guitar left-handed and typically have my mouse pad set up with the buttons reversed since i typically mouse with my left. But I get confused visually which is why I would think it would be easier to play a lefty piano with mirrored music. An example is when playing a Wii, I usually adopt a left-handed position with the wii-mote in my left and the nunchuck in my right unless the game is first person such as metroid prime 3 wherein I tend to mirror whatever's onscreen because it seems more natural. Yet another reason i'm pissed at the wii version of twilight princess.

lord xyz
I tend to mirror a lot of things too. I mirror combos in martial arts, play guitar left-handed and typically have my mouse pad set up with the buttons reversed since i typically mouse with my left. But I get confused visually which is why I would think it would be easier to play a lefty piano with mirrored music. An example is when playing a Wii, I usually adopt a left-handed position with the wii-mote in my left and the nunchuck in my right unless the game is first person such as metroid prime 3 wherein I tend to mirror whatever's onscreen because it seems more natural. Yet another reason i'm pissed at the wii version of twilight princess. That brought my piss to the boil.

If its alright to mirror a game, why not mirror every game and have the option of which hand to play at the beginning?

I'm ambidextrous with the mouse, I was taught to use it right handed, and at one point was better with the right than the left, but realised lefty was so much easier. I remember it hurting using when I started with the right hand.

Darth Jello
I would support that option but I would still switch because I'm one of those losers who enjoys some sense of continuity regarding the handedness of fictional characters. One of the few things I found a wee bit irritating about the otherwise nearly flawless watchmen movie, btw (Rorschach and Moloch are explicitly lefties in the book).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.