Something I just thought of

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToddianGirl
Do you realize that Elizabeth is the ONLY woman that Jack calls "Luv" I was just realized that!

LovelyOne
LOL really?

thats true actually laughing out loud

shannstar79
Thats crazy, Ive never thought about that, but your right thats very interesting luvsmile

PirateDiva
Well aside from Liz being the only girl in the crew...i do agree that fro Jack calling someone Love is more intimate than just saying that to anyone...i do think it's just with someone he feelis comfortable with!!

PirateDiva
^^I'm sorry i'm having a brainfart 2day...i for some reason cant make it through a sentance withot misspelling something of messing it up somehow...i cant spell today!! lol!

LovelyOne
LOL "withot"^^^^

PirateDiva
Originally posted by LovelyOne
LOL "withot"^^^^

LOL...see what i mean!!

katelovespirate
hahaha i love Jack.

but to be honest, there arent that many women in the movie. hehehe. wink

is anyone else slightly annoyed that everyone in the caribbean seems to be after Elizabeth? Norrington, Will, Jack, and now Sao Feng? I mean, are there no other attractive women in the caribbean? Is Elizabeth really that amazing? lol.

LovelyOne
eww! Sao feng..if thats how it ends up I will vomit..thank god he dies off before the end

Shad0w_Frost
I just realized something too...Jack *Sparrow* And Elizabeth *Swann*
They are both birds... Well until Elizabeth becomes Elizabeth Turner

Hmmm... cool

PirateDiva
LOL...i know right...i guess shes just different from the girls in the caribbean and well shes like a pirate now and there arent many women pirates i guess i can see how that would happen..lol!!

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Shad0w_Frost
I just realized something too...Jack *Sparrow* And Elizabeth *Swann*
They are both birds... Well until Elizabeth becomes Elizabeth Turner

Hmmm... cool

they are both also monogamous birds..Sparrows are famously known for traveling great distances but always returning home to their soul mates big grin..

William Turner is the name of a famous bird watcher BTW laughing out loud

PirateDiva
Iswear that stuff has to mean something!!

shannstar79
Originally posted by PirateDiva
Iswear that stuff has to mean something!!

I agree, there are too many things that point to (everything we have been saying ) laughing

Thorin
Elizabeth is actually the only woman Jack and the other pirates talks to.
The only woman on board.

We need seriously more women in POTC XDD

willofthewisp
Yeah, not nearly as many people were crazy about Princess Leia, who is still a little cooler than Liz in my mind. She should count her blessings she's not all alone in the world and no matter where she goes someone will be dying of love for her.

calypso
It wasn't T/T but maybe Jay Wolport(?) or the other writer on COTBP who came up with the names and said he was in his animal phase and it was good he didn't name Will " Will Bear" or something like that. It's on the COTBP Writer's narrative.

Might have been prophetic if they did.

willofthewisp
Hee hee hee, Will Bear sounds like Wilbur.

LovelyOne
There is Tia remember, she's with them on board in the next movie smile

Chiki Mina
Oh yea Mistress Rotten Teeth will be on board....I like to call her auntie Dalma, Tia means aunt in spanish.

sailorleo
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
Oh yea Mistress Rotten Teeth will be on board....I like to call her auntie Dalma, Tia means aunt in spanish. oh yeah huh! lol!

Chiki Mina
tee hee stick out tongue cool that they have spanish names in there like Isla de Muerta, Tortuga. Island of the Dead and Turtle

sailorleo
yeah well that's the spanish main for ya...

ivebeendepped43
just another sign. i just finished my 1st J/L fanfic! yay!

Chiki Mina
woohoo Mina wanna read.

CaptinJackLover
CJL wanna read 2!

ok well all you people were saying that Liz is the only girl...ut in movie 1 she wanst the only one on board...Annamaria (SP?) people!

lovethemtigers
yeah he didn't call Tia "luv"....my favorite time when Jack says that is when Liz says "thank you Jack" and he responds "we're not free yet, luv"....gosh he is so sexy and serious in that scene....Love IT!

I also love it when he calls her "darling"....like at the end of POTC "Elizabeth, Darling, it would never have worked between us, i'm sorry."...and then loading the Pearl in DMC ...Liz says "Jack, where's Will I know he came to find you.".....Jack: "Darling, I'm truly unhappy to have to tell you this, but due to an unfortunate and entirely unforeseable series of circumstance that had nothing whatsoever to do with me, Poor Will has been pressed ganged into Davy Jones' crew."...

so...the last time he sees her in POTC he calls her Darling and the first time he sees her in DMC he calls her Darling.....

shannstar79
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
yeah he didn't call Tia "luv"....my favorite time when Jack says that is when Liz says "thank you Jack" and he responds "we're not free yet, luv"....gosh he is so sexy and serious in that scene....Love IT!

I also love it when he calls her "darling"....like at the end of POTC "Elizabeth, Darling, it would never have worked between us, i'm sorry."...and then loading the Pearl in DMC ...Liz says "Jack, where's Will I know he came to find you.".....Jack: "Darling, I'm truly unhappy to have to tell you this, but due to an unfortunate and entirely unforeseable series of circumstance that had nothing whatsoever to do with me, Poor Will has been pressed ganged into Davy Jones' crew."...

so...the last time he sees her in POTC he calls her Darling and the first time he sees her in DMC he calls her Darling.....

wow that is true
I never thought about that
he loves her big grin

LovelyOne
I just realised I only called Elizabeth Lizzie after DMC..is a much more friendly name to use..makes me like her character more..its not so formal.

ALSO look at Lizzies face when Jack has just said that to her at the end of CotBP when she looks at him then turns away..she's like "whoah wait a sec Jack Sparrow is interested in me?"I swear Will is just so dumb..how could he not pick up on this whole little vibe between the two..something obviously happened when they were together...dumbass

he just gives a really stupid clueless look

lovethemtigers
I know....Lizzie...Jack's pet name for her...I sure hope we get to here him call her that again....

yeah, so she left him to die...I get it...but hey, she was protecting Will...just as she promised her Daddy she would do - 9 years ago aboard the Dauntless....Jack's new to her and she is scared of those feelings...and she is a Pirate....

Mistypirate
I don't know where I saw this, but there's a rumour that it says in the... I think was in the rough script were Jack introduces her as Lizzie, because nobody would be afraid of a pirate named Elizabeth. I think somebody posted a comment on youtube. I don't remember.

LovelyOne
exactly lovethemtigers..she's made a promise to potect Will..thats about as interesting as their relationship gets..I'm not kidding..people say she was the damsel in distress..but I seem to remember her being the hero and saving him on most occasions.

Jack was the hero and saved her on most occasions

willofthewisp
Lol! I love that, misty! Where did you hear that? I melt every time he calls her love and every time he calls her Lizzie.

Chiki Mina
Well Jack was the only person who said Elizabeth. Liz asked for Will 8273927391279379237 times to call ger Elizabeth lol. Jack was the only man who did big grin

calypso
First time we see Will in POTBP
Elizabeth: Will, how many times must I ask you to call me Elizabeth?

Will: At least once more, Miss Swann, as always.

Jack on the dock after saving Lizzie and being ironed up

Jack: ....... It's Elizabeth isn't it?

Elizabeth: It's Miss Swann.

Jack: Miss Swann, if you'd be so kind. Come, come, dear. We don't
have all day. Now if you'd be very kind. Easy on the goods,
darling.

Jack called her Elizabeth, Miss Swann, dear, and darling almost in one breath at their first meeting and Will could only stutter Miss Swann.

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by calypso
First time we see Will in POTBP
Elizabeth: Will, how many times must I ask you to call me Elizabeth?

Will: At least once more, Miss Swann, as always.

Jack on the dock after saving Lizzie and being ironed up

Jack: ....... It's Elizabeth isn't it?

Elizabeth: It's Miss Swann.

Jack: Miss Swann, if you'd be so kind. Come, come, dear. We don't
have all day. Now if you'd be very kind. Easy on the goods,
darling.

Jack called her Elizabeth, Miss Swann, dear, and darling almost in one breath at their first meeting and Will could only stutter Miss Swann.

Exactly....Jack and Elizabeth....they are meant to be together...Will, a bloody stupid eunich...sorry.

and the number one clue that makes me wonder....as we have said many times before...never once have we heard Elizabeth say "I love you Will"...."Me and Will should be married by now."....."consider into your calculations that you interrupted me from marrying the man I love, william turner."...."I'm so ready to be married to Will, I love him so much"...."I miss Will" "Will, I came to find you, I missed you, I love you, I'm so happy to see you"...."Jack, you are misguided...I don't want to marrry you, I can't, I love Will, I'm going to marry Will because I love him".....never once does she ever utter these words....
At the end of POTC will Says "I should've told you from the beginning, Elizabeth, I love you"...she just stares at him...she doesn't say I love you back or anything.....

In Jail...she doesn't say "Will be careful, I love you. Watch out for Jack you know how tricky he can be"...no she says she has faith in him and JACK. Why does she always have to bring Jack into it....

shannstar79
lovethemtigers
your so fuuny with the bloody stupid Eucich, I am still laughing

Chiki Mina
I feel sorry for Will. I think he is desperate to find love. Since his mother died when he was young and he never met his dad, I figure that he was a little desperate.

shannstar79
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
I feel sorry for Will. I think he is desperate to find love. Since his mother died when he was young and he never met his dad, I figure that he was a little desperate.

maybe not desperat, but more like a longing for some one to love him, like a montherly figure, someone to lookout for him, someone to watch over him, and someone he can in turn look at as possibly a lover ?

Chiki Mina
^^ you're right. He wants a sense of security, wants to feel that warmth of a mother. Liz was the only woman there for him, who resuced and protected him. Love can be confusing sometimes, its important to ask yourself why this person is in your life.

willofthewisp
Man, if it turns out to be Will/Liz, Liz is a horrible girlfriend. She doesn't ask Will anything about meeting his dad, she never makes him feel special, she technically cheated on him....and she never says she loves him to him. She says to Jack she loves Will.

"I've come to find the man I love."

This sounds more like trying to give Jack a guilt trip than an actual confirmation. "I'm here to find Will" would have worked just as well, and granted, she does look concerned about Will when she says, "Jack, I know Will came to find you. Where is he?" And by his face, he takes her seriously. But why tell Jack? Why not tell Will to his face? He told her and she didn't look all that stunned or touched to me. Maybe it was part of the act, but whatever. She's an emotional girl and she was bound to show emotion if that was the first time Will, or anyone for that matter, told her they loved her.

Chiki Mina
I think that "I've come to find the man I love" is just a show. Like at the beach scene when she kissed Will, all lovey dovey on him. I thin shes trying to pull a show saying like "I want Will. There's no way I want Jack. See we are happy..." Shes in complete denial and is trying too hard to convince ppl is Will that shes madly in love with.

lovethemtigers
Agreed...That's what I have thought all along...yeah, why tell Jack "i've come to find the man I love"....that's a silly line...why not say, "Jack, I've come to find Will...where is he?"

And the post about Will needing be loved and protected...exactly...Liz is his protector....what does she tell Will the day they meet? "I'm watching over you, Will".....she feels responsible for Will....all these years they think they are in love, but not really.....that's why she is so attracted to Jack...Jack her true love...Will's her childhood sweetheart....her friend, someone she watches over....

Maybe the relationship that matures in AWE between Will and LIz...is them realizing that their love is more friendship, brother-sister, protector.....AND that's how I see the J/E ending even if Will doesn't die...because it's really insulting to Will's character to say that he cannot survive without Elizabeth. Is the man that weak? I think it's obvious that Will and LIz are more friends than lovers...and I can see them both coming to that realization...."we've grown apart...I love you, but it's not enough..."....why would Will want to marry someone who secretly desires to be with someone else? I say J/E can work despite Will....I don't want Will to die so Jack and LIz can be together...that's a cop-out....does anyone understand what I am saying? Sorry to ramble...

calypso
I think T/T have had too much ambiguous dialogue in all of these movies and I think it was intended to keep everyone stirred up for the next one.

I am getting to the point that I am just too confused and worry that Will will die, Jack will go back to claim the dog, and Liz will sail away on a ship of her own, seeking her "grand adventure".

I read somewhere that the trailer won't be out til January 2007 because they aren't through shooting AWE yet and don't know what footage they want to put into the trailer. It was suppose to be on Santa Claus III next month, but I don't think that is going to happen.

LovelyOne
I think the dog may actually escape the island on that traders ship^^

did T&T say Jack goes back and gets the dog? Or is this you guessing? I cant imagine them just having a scene dedicated to Jack going back to the island and picking up the dog. Unless he needs to go there for something relevant to the plot

on wordplayer they said something in response to someone saying "why didn't you show Liz working on the ship as a crew member?"

Terry said something like:..saying it and having it in the movie are 2 different things..It doesn't work when you dedicate a scene to just showing you something thats not really needed at all...if you know what I mean..it has to tie in with plot and development.

but the ending also kinda suggests that if the dog sits there and plays the part with the bone. He wont be "eaten"..he wont "perish"

calypso
Naw, that's just a stupid guess. I really don't want to see this relationship I have with these movies end anytime soon.

I would just like to see Jack happy and not running between the rain drops or having to make a pact w/ someone to get what he wants and then running a marathon to keep from dieing. It just hurts my heart to see him in constant peril.

I guess you could say, "What price freedom".

LovelyOne
ME TOO..I hate seeing him like that as well sad

Its time he changes or he will "perish" in Beckett's own words..cuz the world is gonna be dangerous for him and he cant get by on luck alone like he usually does..

I hope to god I don't see that bloody dog with its keys again in movie 3

what dog gives up a juicy bone in order to have cold, metal flavourless keys?

be realistic mon! laughing out loud although to the many who didnt wait for the end..the dog had "nothing" in his mouth as far as they are concerned.

but then again just because many people didnt know the monkey took another piece of the gold after the credits in CotBP..doesnt mean he wasnt cursed in DMC savvy? they know better than to mess with significant continuity

So they better show that dog with a bone or else lol..If it has its keys back and keeps them until the last moment we see him in AWE I can bet you we will not see a J/E ending to AWE

LovelyOne
OH LORD!! I think I might be on the verge of throwing up..oh Disney, T&T, Gore PLEASE!.in the name of all things sacred that is the foulest thing imaginable..you know that aint gonna be a hot scene..you KNOW it aint gonna be hot SCENE not after DMC...PLEASE DON'T DO IT!

sick sick

calypso
Jack is probably John Christopher Smythe (or Smith), governor of Port Royal and he has been dreaming and Lizzie is his dog or some such.

Although in the Libertine, John Wilmot had a portrait made of himself and a monkey instead of himself and his wife.

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by LovelyOne
I think the dog may actually escape the island on that traders ship^^

did T&T say Jack goes back and gets the dog? Or is this you guessing? I cant imagine them just having a scene dedicated to Jack going back to the island and picking up the dog. Unless he needs to go there for something relevant to the plot

on wordplayer they said something in response to someone saying "why didn't you show Liz working on the ship as a crew member?"

Terry said something like:..saying it and having it in the movie are 2 different things..It doesn't work when you dedicate a scene to just showing you something thats not really needed at all...if you know what I mean..it has to tie in with plot and development.

but the ending also kinda suggests that if the dog sits there and plays the part with the bone. He wont be "eaten"..he wont "perish"

Lovely the dog must live and it will. Because its an original character form the ride. THe dog was originated form the pirates ride. It would be aweful to kill one of the original/main characters from the ride. Now that Jack is our main character, it wouldnt make sense either to kill him or worse make him end up in a total misery full of herpes with Gissell and Scarllet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.