Most badass superhero?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damo Iz God
I would personally say SPAWN is the most bad ass superhero. I just bought SPAWN the ultimate collection and no one can say that guy doesn't ****ing own... He's so much better than every other pansy ass super hero.
What are your opinions?

Black Adam
1. wrong forum
2. Spawn sucks.

Soljer
1. Wrong Forum.

2. Spawn...ehh...he's alright. Not some insane badass, though.

That title is reserved for Wolverine roll eyes (sarcastic). It's in his contract!

Lord Evolution
Edit: NVM

Damo Iz God
No, this is not the wrong forum. Anime is just an abreviation for animation and Spawn is an animation. I have just bought the animated series. So, case closed. Right forum. I am aware that it could be posted in the Movies from comics forum but I am not talking about the spawn live action movie. So this is still the right forum as I am talking about animation.

Lana
No, anime is specifically Japanese animation and manga.

So no, this is not the right forum.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Damo Iz God
No, this is not the wrong forum. Anime is just an abreviation for animation and Spawn is an animation. I have just bought the animated series. So, case closed. Right forum. I am aware that it could be posted in the Movies from comics forum but I am not talking about the spawn live action movie. So this is still the right forum as I am talking about animation.

Anime is not used as an abbreviation for animation, it's japanese animation...And Spawn is american; so yes, wrong forum.

Blax X
Lana Wins.

FATALITY

Damo Iz God
Maybe you should refer to wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime

The first paragraph.

Anime (アニメ, Anime?) (IPA pronunciation: in Japanese, but typically or in English) is an abbreviation of the word "animation". Outside Japan, the term most popularly refers to animation originating in Japan. Within Japan, the term anime is used to refer to all forms of animation from around the world.

Emphasis on mostly. And the fact that the Japanese use it for any form of animation. Spawn is anim whether you like it or not. Have you seen Hellsing lately? That's pretty similar to Spawn don't ya think? Just because it's made in America doesn't make it any less of an anime. It's like saying that the music people make on a different planet isn't music.

Lana
What wikipedia says is irrelevant.

On here - and any other website that uses the term anime - it is used to mean Japanese animation. As in animation made in and from Japan.

Darth Macabre
Maybe you should refer to wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime

The first paragraph.

Anime (アニメ, Anime?) (IPA pronunciation: in Japanese, but typically or in English) is an abbreviation of the word "animation". Outside Japan, the term most popularly refers to animation originating in Japan. Within Japan, the term anime is used to refer to all forms of animation from around the world.

Emphasis on mostly. And the fact that the Japanese use it for any form of animation. Spawn is anim whether you like it or not. Have you seen Hellsing lately? That's pretty similar to Spawn don't ya think? Just because it's made in America doesn't make it any less of an anime. It's like saying that the music people make on a different planet isn't music.

Yes, and that's different from what I said how exactly?...Wrong forum.

Damo Iz God
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Yes, and that's different from what I said how exactly?...Wrong forum.

I'd say it's very different as you said it's not used as an abbreviation. Well it turns out it is. Sorry.
And I don't care if this place wouldn't count Spawn as anime. Most other Anime oriented sites wouldn't even have a forum for comics converted in to movies and it's just about my 5th ish day here and this is probably the only forum I've really been in so I'd say when I see an anime I'd put it in the anime forum.

I didn't even see that other forum until I'd posted it here anyway.
Besides this si still the correct forum. I haven't seen any moderators tell me otherwise. And Spawn is still Anime by dictionary definition as you can see. And unless you guys have a secret dictionary just for this site explaining your own weird definitions then don't expect people with real definitions to be able to use it perfectly.

Blax X
You Fail.

BRUTALITY

big grin

Damo Iz God
I fail to see how i have failed?

What are you so deluded all you can sprout from your fingers is quotes from 'Mortal Kombat'

Lana
I'd say it's very different as you said it's not used as an abbreviation. Well it turns out it is. Sorry.
And I don't care if this place wouldn't count Spawn as anime. Most other Anime oriented sites wouldn't even have a forum for comics converted in to movies and it's just about my 5th ish day here and this is probably the only forum I've really been in so I'd say when I see an anime I'd put it in the anime forum.

I didn't even see that other forum until I'd posted it here anyway.
Besides this si still the correct forum. I haven't seen any moderators tell me otherwise. And Spawn is still Anime by dictionary definition as you can see. And unless you guys have a secret dictionary just for this site explaining your own weird definitions then don't expect people with real definitions to be able to use it perfectly.

*cough*

You have had a moderator tell you otherwise. AKA me. AKA the one who was largely responsible for there being an anime forum on KMC to begin with.

Anime as Japanese animation is not 'some weird' definition - it is the standard definition for how the word is used outside of Japan. This isn't a site based in Japan so the "it's short for animation" argument doesn't cut it here.

Sorry, but that's the fact of the matter - Spawn is not an anime, and anime is Japanese animation only. Not even Western cartoons like Teen Titans or Code Lyoko, which are based on the anime style, cut it in the anime forum, because they are not anime.

WrathfulDwarf
Visit the Comic Book forums for Spawn.

Closing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.