Armageddon v Deep Impact

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Which is better ?? I love deep impact great film great effects . I dont like Armageddon that much

SpaceMonkey
Considering Deep Impact had crappy acting and an unoriginal story, I'll go with the fun and original ideas of Armageddon. It was also a VERY emotional movie.

Myth
I thought they were both crap, but Armagedden was way too cliche for me.

Kelly_LS
Where's the poll? mullet

Never seen Deep Impact but Armaggeddon is le kick ass so I'll go with that.

SnakeEyes
Armageddon.

Deep Impact wasn't good enough for me to remember any of it.

AstroFan
Armageddon, by a huge margin. stick out tongue

Strangelove
Of the two, Armageddon is by far the superior

Dusty
Both are terrible.

coolmovies
Armageddon has bruce willies in it so must be better

BobbyD
Originally posted by Dusty
Both are terrible.

laughing out loud

I liked both! sad smile

Ya Krunk'd Floo
'Deep Impact' thinks it's better than it is, whereas 'Armageddon' delights in it's own cheese and ridiculousness. Therefore, 'Armageddon' wins by a mile.

Impediment
Originally posted by Dusty
Both are terrible.

A.D. Skinner
I think Armageddon won the Box Office with big names like Bruce Willis, Ben Afleck, and Billy Bob Thorton. It was one of those full blown action movies that we all drop our jaws at.

What it lacked was a plot that was actually believable. First and foremost was the idea that an asteroid of that size would not have been detected. 2% of the sky I believe is what Billy Bob said that Nasa was monitoring, but day in and day out we are looking all over the Universe for new Galaxies and Stars, guess this just happened to be an anomoly they missed. Okay...so if you are able to look past that...then comes this drilling team, which happens to be the best in the world. Pretty amazing that Bruce Willis knew where to find each and every one of them after he dismissed them after he left. And then...gives them the option of either saving the world, or watching it get destroyed.... Never once has the prototype shuttle been flown before, never before have we landed on a Asteroid, but hey...lets send up a bunch of drillers, cause they will be able to do it.

Sigh...this movie threw us curve ball after curve and time and time again the bunch of rejects overcame the problems and saved the world. Oh yeah, let us not forget that Aerosmith contributed the entire soundtrack to the film....

I am not saying that Deep Impact was any better, for it had it's faults as well. The lottery of people that will be living in a Mountain for years...Come on! The only really cool thing about this movie was after the Asteroid hit and we got to see Tea Leoni get hit by this massive wave!

Don't really have an opinion on which is better, but both story lines could have been extremly better in my opinion.

Thanks for letting me rant stick out tongue

jenzie
i like both
they're almost opposites to the same story
i saw deep impact in the cinema
i wish i'd seen armageddon in the cinema

SpaceMonkey
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
'Deep Impact' thinks it's better than it is, whereas 'Armageddon' delights in it's own cheese and ridiculousness. Therefore, 'Armageddon' wins by a mile.

I agree 100%!!!!! cool

amity75
Deep impact was the thinking mans "Comet hitting the earth" movie.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by amity75
Deep impact was the thinking mans "Comet hitting the earth" movie.

Either you're wrong, or that thinking man must be retarded.

coolmovies
They also came out in the same year ! 1998

sithsaber408
Indeed they did.

It's funny, Deep Impact had Morgan Freeman (as a good black president, a first I think), Elijah Wood, and other good actors in it, but the blockbuster one with the movie stars was much more fun to watch.

Armegeddon wins easily, just for the scene of a crazed Steve Buscemi riding the nuke! stick out tongue

So, where's the pole for Dante's Peak and Volcano?

WrathfulDwarf
Armageddon nearly gave me a whiplash with the fast moving camera.

Deep Impact bore me to hell. The comet is coming and we're all going to die. And?

Both lose.

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Armageddon nearly gave me a whiplash with the fast moving camera.

Oh my. I felt nauseous after watching that film. What terribly paced, short attention span, shallow filmmaking that was...the only word to describe it is "gross"...hilariously panned by critics on how badly it insulted the audience's intelligence.

...and Deep Impact was just boring.

Vim
Okay look, Armageddon was what it was, it was trying to be anything more than that. It was a slam bang action movie that had a good twinge of drama, but you have to think of movies as being in a heightened reality, I personally HATE when movies are realistic, to me movies should take you away from reality even when they are set in present day. I like Armaggedon waaaaaaaayy better than Deep Impact, however I did understand what was happening in Deep Impact.

fionalin7
il go for armagedon... that movie realy touch me. bruce wilies was great!

=Tired Hiker=
I vote . . . "The Core" w00t

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.