Does it matter?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deano
from the book '' infinite love is the only truth, everything else is illusion'

Imagine yourself lying on a bed with ten minutes to live. Okay, not the most pleasant of thoughts (unless you follow the same football team as me), but it's an important point I am making and a good way to unplug from the illusions of the Matrix. You know you have a few minutes left in this 'world', so, in that mode, what matters to you now? Does it matter that you didn't get that job you strove for all your life? Does it even matter if you did? Was all that effort, worry and sacrifice worth it for the temporary, illusory, status it brought you in the eyes of those controlled by the system's perverted 'values' of success? Does it matter that you were a president or prime minister, or neither? Does it matter that you were a lawyer or a judge, or neither? Does it matter that you were chief of police, a top businessman, doctor, television presenter or the guy who swept the roads? Does it matter that you were a billionaire or struggled to pay the rent? Does it matter that you had power over people and could tell them what to do? Does it matter that you were seen as a success or failure, a genius or crazy? Success and failure, genius and madness, are only points of observation anyway.

so is all the stress and worry you put yourself through worth it in the end?

Terrorist
yes pen15 inches size matters

debbiejo
Originally posted by Deano
from the book '' infinite love is the only truth, everything else is illusion'

Imagine yourself lying on a bed with ten minutes to live. Okay, not the most pleasant of thoughts (unless you follow the same football team as me), but it's an important point I am making and a good way to unplug from the illusions of the Matrix. You know you have a few minutes left in this 'world', so, in that mode, what matters to you now? Does it matter that you didn't get that job you strove for all your life? Does it even matter if you did? Was all that effort, worry and sacrifice worth it for the temporary, illusory, status it brought you in the eyes of those controlled by the system's perverted 'values' of success? Does it matter that you were a president or prime minister, or neither? Does it matter that you were a lawyer or a judge, or neither? Does it matter that you were chief of police, a top businessman, doctor, television presenter or the guy who swept the roads? Does it matter that you were a billionaire or struggled to pay the rent? Does it matter that you had power over people and could tell them what to do? Does it matter that you were seen as a success or failure, a genius or crazy? Success and failure, genius and madness, are only points of observation anyway.

so is all the stress and worry you put yourself through worth it in the end? I believe it's more of where your state of mind is, though somethings are quite nice. Yet a person can have all the THINGS they want and still not feel secure or happy.......

FoxMeister
Better make the best of what time you have.

King Kandy
What matters, is what impact your policies will have after death.

Atlantis001

Darth Zedster
No longer does it matter for you have no time to worry as your heart does slow you may feel pain, and know it's the end. When my Auntie died she knew she was dying and had no time to worry she was too busy making preperations. She was ready when the time came .

It wouldn't matter anyway it's too late you can't change the past.

Green Arrow
I'd like to know I made a differance, I don't care when or how I die. As long as I make a large enough impact on the world around me. Everything else is irrelevant.

Darth Zedster
Originally posted by Green Arrow
I'd like to know I made a differance, I don't care when or how I die. As long as I make a large enough impact on the world around me. Everything else is irrelevant.

We've all made a difference but few of use realise it, a fireman racing into a burning building to save a dog is a unspoken hero. A unspoken hero is not a hero in name therefore they are not known but they made a big difference a life is worth much.

We have all paid taxes contributing to the world around us.
To donate to charity is to be a unspoken hero/heroine who has made a difference etc.

To aid another is be a unspoken hero or heroine, little things make a big difference.

wink

debbiejo
I think the only thing that really matters is how you treat other people. That's it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.