Kyle Rayner Vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dvampire
Who wins? smile

armandovalles
this already happenned, SS won.

jrodslam
Yea, Surfer beats Kyle. sad

radioboy121
If I remember correctly, I thought Kyle was able to ensnarl Silver Surfer before Parallax and Thanos' struggle caught their attention? But in Surfer's defense, he was drained after giving most of his energy to Parallax.

jrodslam
Originally posted by radioboy121
If I remember correctly, I thought Kyle was able to ensnarl Silver Surfer before Parallax and Thanos' struggle caught their attention? But in Surfer's defense, he was drained after giving most of his energy to Parallax.

Well yea, Kyle was. People were saying that Surfer could drain GL's power, but others were saying that if he was drained, he should have did it to revive himself but he couldnt. Depends all on your p.o.v. Nonetheless it was done already.

brainchild81
Kyle is the worst Lantern ever. SS wins in a nanosecond

radioboy121
Oh wait, that's right. There were actually two encounters. Yes, Silver Surfer did win one during the earlier crossover with Access and the Brothers. Geez.

kgkg
SS eats him for dinner.

jrodslam
Lol. I wont say Kyle is the worst lantern ever. He not the best but not far from the worst in myeyes. Out of the main 5 that is.

I dont think Surfer would eat him for dinner either. When they first fought, Kyle was very in-experienced. He gotten better over the years, but i still say Surfer beats him 7/10.

Dizzle
More than that... Surfer can basically do anything Kyle can, but to a greater extent. Surfer's power alone is probably enough to rival Hal, who is much stronger than Kyle. Surfer would likely beat Kyle at least 9/10. Hal, more like 6/10. Surfer is damn good people, even without the speedblitz technique.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Dizzle
More than that... Surfer can basically do anything Kyle can, but to a greater extent. Surfer's power alone is probably enough to rival Hal, who is much stronger than Kyle. Surfer would likely beat Kyle at least 9/10. Hal, more like 6/10. Surfer is damn good people, even without the speedblitz technique.

Actually its more the other way around. Kyle could basically do anything Surfer can. Thats if his willpower is strong enough.

Youre right about Surfers powers rivaling those of Hal. I say Hal beats Surfer 6/10 if not a tie.

Surfers speedblitz wouldnt work on a GL. Mainly Hal. Im not sure if Kyle's as fast, so it may work on him.

kgkg
Originally posted by jrodslam
Actually its more the other way around. Kyle could basically do anything Surfer can. Thats if his willpower is strong enough.

Youre right about Surfers powers rivaling those of Hal. I say Hal beats Surfer 6/10 if not a tie.

Surfers speedblitz wouldnt work on a GL. Mainly Hal. Im not sure if Kyle's as fast, so it may work on him.
Kyle is pretty weak.

SS blast that can level planets will crush his balls

jrodslam
Originally posted by kgkg
Kyle is pretty weak.

SS blast that can level planets will crush his balls

Kyle is weak compared to the big 3 of the GL's. But hes not weak by far.

We dont know that Kyle cant destroy a planet as well. If his will is strong enough, he could do it also.

If they were to meet again, Surfer doenst beat him as easily as before. Hell, he might not even beat him with Kyle gaining more experience being around Guy, John, and Hal.

Cosmic Cube

We dont know that Kyle cant destroy a planet as well. If his will is strong enough, he could do it also.

If they were to meet again, Surfer doenst beat him as easily as before. Hell, he might not even beat him with Kyle gaining more experience being around Guy, John, and Hal.

Kyle's more creative than strong willed. He and Hal amalgamated would make the ultimate GL.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Kyle's more creative than strong willed. He and Hal amalgamated would make the ultimate GL.

Lol. Hal's already the ultimate GL. I agree with your first sentence though. But so is John.

John and Kyle are the creative ones while Hal and Guy are the strong willed ones.

kgkg

even hal had to muster all his will power big grin

jrodslam
Hal always says that. But its never really "all" his power. Makes for better dramatics.

kgkg
Hal always says that. But its never really "all" his power. Makes for better dramatics.
Well he said it, it might not take all his energy but most of his energies

“Muster all my will power” how many time did he say that, almost all his feats had something to those words.

You should know, you posted them

as for Kyle he won't be much of a Challenge

jrodslam
Well he said it, it might not take all his energy but most of his energies

“Muster all my will power” how many time did he say that, almost all his feats had something to those words.

You should know, you posted them

as for Kyle he won't be much of a Challenge

Most of his energies? Never. Only way Hal is using most of his energies is when 24 hours is almost up.

Hal always says "muster all my willpower" when doing big feats. Like i said before. It makes the feat more dramatic.

Kyle would be a challenge indeed for Surfer. But he still loses.

batman05
ss is much better than kyle

kgkg
Most of his energies? Never. Only way Hal is using most of his energies is when 24 hours is almost up.

Hal always says "muster all my willpower" when doing big feats. Like i said before. It makes the feat more dramatic.

Kyle would be a challenge indeed for Surfer. But he still loses.
That’s your opinion, which defies what it says in the comics.

Dramatic – lol but it only happens for Gl’s

jrodslam
That’s your opinion, which defies what it says in the comics.

Dramatic – lol but it only happens for Gl’s

Yea because their ability to use the ring is based off willpower. The bigger the feat the more willpower. But after the feat, youre implying that they have no more willpower left afterwards. Les be real. Dramatics.

kgkg
Yea because their ability to use the ring is based off willpower. The bigger the feat the more willpower. But after the feat, youre implying that they have no more willpower left afterwards. Les be real. Dramatics.
I didn't say that wink the GL comics did.

Willpower has no limits... by that don’t mean it can do anything.

That's why the writers put “I had to muster all my willpower" to show limitation of hal's power.

All the time shit like "if the explosion was bigger we wouldn’t have survived, almost didn't make it" --- so we just ignore those words?

They are a signs of limitations

jrodslam
I didn't say that wink the GL comics did.

Willpower has no limits... by that don’t mean it can do anything.

That's why the writers put “I had to muster all my willpower" to show limitation of hal's power.

All the time shit like "if the explosion was bigger we wouldn’t have survived, almost didn't make it" --- so we just ignore those words?

They are a signs of limitations

Its called "climatic dramatics". I know thats what the comics say, but noly to make things more suspenceful.

Yes youre right willpower has no limits. But as a GL, the ring CAN do anything you can think of. If youre able to precieve it and believe it, you can do it. Thats why not all Gl's can move at FTL speeds. Thats why all GL's cant make themselves stronger to rival even Supermans strength. Only those who's imagination can percieve it.

jrodslam
The only limitation on a GL's power is themselves and the 24 hour re-charge.

Within 24 hrs, if they have the willpower, they can do anything they can think of.

kgkg
Its called "climatic dramatics". I know thats what the comics say, but noly to make things more suspenceful.

Yes youre right willpower has no limits. But as a GL, the ring CAN do anything you can think of. If youre able to precieve it and believe it, you can do it. Thats why not all Gl's can move at FTL speeds. Thats why all GL's cant make themselves stronger to rival even Supermans strength. Only those who's imagination can percieve it.
Yes I buy that, but doesn't doing greater feats mean using more will power, or energy? That’s what the cosmic were hinting like say hal says

” I had to muster all my will power” and showed fatigue after the task, which don’t happen for normal tasks such as flying through space etc. but for explosion etc that are big he does

And most GL's they all suck except like 3-4 who are actually at supes level, all other are garbage.

jrodslam
Yes I buy that, but doesn't doing greater feats mean using more will power, or energy? That’s what the cosmic were hinting like say hal says

” I had to muster all my will power” and showed fatigue after the task, which don’t happen for normal tasks such as flying through space etc. but for explosion etc that are big he does

And most GL's they all suck except like 3-4 who are actually at supes level, all other are garbage.

Yes the bigger the feat, the more willpower and energy. But its unlimited. All the person has to do is just believe in the feat, and they could do anythin. Yea it would be harder, but im sure its not really every ounce of their willpower left.

Lol. Youre right. Most GL's do suck except the 5 to me. Cant argue with that. Kyle's not on Superman lvl yet, but he is getting better though. And now that the Corps are somewhat re-united, hes only gonna get better and fast.

Mordum
power cosmic vs the ring. Id say surfer has the edge.

DrDoom101
you know it would help us greatly if you tell us which Green Lantern. I assume its Kyle Rayner and say tie.

Blair Wind
I assume Kyle and say he loses....power cosmic beats power ring....

DrDoom101
yah its kyle rayner, i just couldnt see the picture earlier

jrodslam
Thats not Kyle in the picture. Its Parallax and he doesnt have a ring. surfer loses.

Blair Wind
I just assumed....whatever ya it is parallax....and since I dont know much about him ima say based on legends ima say he wins...

Juntai
Parallax wins.

golem370
I would have to see it to believe it

Lucid Lui
If it's Parallax, then he wins.

Psycho Ninja
Their equal,

That Xover was not canon, and Kyle was still a newbie back then !!!

Now, he can contain Big Bangs and kick Angels butts !!

Ask The Ion !!!

Avalonofthewind
If it's parallax, he wins without any trouble.
Cyborg practically laughed at Surfer, but got the hell out of dodge when Parallax showed up.

The Ion
Maybe kg's Surfer has a chance. Normal one loses.

Avalonofthewind
laughing

jrodslam
laughing

Juntai
Originally posted by golem370
I would have to see it to believe it Hal/Parallax had the power to create and destroy entire universes, he one punch KO'ed Superman, and threw down against some of the most powerful heros ever at the same time, including The Spectre.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Mordum
power cosmic vs the ring. Id say surfer has the edge.

I just remembered that in that same x-over Kyle owned Thanos.

Psycho Ninja
Thats the point........... never trust xovers !!!

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
If it's parallax, he wins without any trouble.
Cyborg practically laughed at Surfer, but got the hell out of dodge when Parallax showed up.

surfer would beat cyborg as easy as he would superman.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Psycho Ninja
Their equal,

That Xover was not canon, and Kyle was still a newbie back then !!!

Now, he can contain Big Bangs and kick Angels butts !!

Ask The Ion !!!

It's only a matter of time before DC characters are rated by how many angels they can beat up at once.

dvampire
Kyle wins IMO.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by thesilverspider
surfer would beat cyborg as easy as he would superman.

You're entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong. smile

thesilverspider
You're entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong. smile
I said it cause of you duh............ stick out tongue

Avalonofthewind
I said it cause of you duh............ stick out tongue

Ummm...It was obvious...
Still wrong though. smile

thesilverspider
Ummm...It was obvious...
Still wrong though. smile
laughing out loud ...........

I'm still wondering who's worse you or dvamp....... laughing out loud

Avalonofthewind
laughing out loud ...........

I'm still wondering who's worse you or dvamp....... laughing out loud

Wow, an attempt at an insult from a guy who names himself after the characters he's a fanboy of... smile

thesilverspider
Wow, an attempt at an insult from a guy who names himself after the characters he's a fanboy of... smile
insult ................. confused

just having fun with you and not once have you ever seen me act like a fanboy towards anyone.........

Metalmanx
I'd have to give it to Silver Surfer with a very small majority. Great fight though.

Avalonofthewind

thesilverspider

nathan summers
Silver Surfer wins, no contest. Only Ion and Parallax would stand a remote chance against Radd. He's way too durable and more powerful than any Green Lantern. Period.

jrodslam
People are actually saying Surfer beats Parallax? I find that funny and sad at the same time. sad

thesilverspider
Originally posted by nathan summers
Silver Surfer wins, no contest. Only Ion and Parallax would stand a remote chance against Radd. He's way too durable and more powerful than any Green Lantern. Period.

now you've done it..................... no

jrodslam

That sure wasnt the case when Surfer fought Kyle. He drowned him in green energy.

nathan summers
That sure wasnt the case when Surfer fought Kyle. He drowned him in green energy.

And Wolverine beat Lobo in those match-ups....what's your point?

jrodslam
And Wolverine beat Lobo in those match-ups....what's your point?

Different book. And one fight was realistic and the other was...well ill just say Wolverine was in it.

nathan summers
I believe in Marvel vs. DC, Rayner was K.Oed by Surfer.

jrodslam
And i believe youre referring to the book that was fan voted. Im referring to Crossover Classics 4.

Juntai
In the Marvel vs DC comics, I also recall prior to their fight, Kyle amped up Surfer with the energy of OA to keep it away from Thanos and Darkseid.

thesilverspider
And i believe youre referring to the book that was fan voted. Im referring to Crossover Classics 4.
yup,with galactus and darkseid....

jrodslam
Originally posted by Juntai
In the Marvel vs DC comics, I also recall prior to their fight, Kyle amped up Surfer with the energy of OA to keep it away from Thanos and Darkseid.

Huh? This is the first time im hearing this.

Mordum
I also have Silver Surfer vs Superman comic.

Juntai
Huh? This is the first time im hearing this. It was the Surfer/GL crossover that led into DC vs Marvel.

http://members.tripod.com/~Lantern_light/misc5.htm

"In the process, Kyle manages to stop the Surfer with a massive 'wave' of green energy, and takes the opportunity to convince him that Parallax is evil, and that Thanos tricked him into giving him Oa's energy. The Surfer is too weak to make much difference, so he convinces Kyle to stop the two titans from either destroying the universe or re-creating it by draining off their energy. Thanos attacks Parallax as the Surfer drives the two opponents apart, claiming that ultimate power is now his, but Kyle states that it's his, because the ring is his, and that, if it can destroy two universe, it can save them as well. He manages to siphon off the energy from the two villains, but is unable to contain it, so he is forced to channel it into the Silver Surfer, who, amid the pain, acknowledges that redemption can only be assured by ensuring the future rather than rewriting the past. As he recovers, the Surfer muses on the irony; he sought a kindred spirit in Parallax, but has for more in common with Kyle Rayner, as both are true heroes, to which Kyle says thanks. Thanos and Parallax fall into a dimensional tunnel and Surfer follows Thanos into the Marvel Universe, but Parallax's final destination is unknown.

At the end, Kyle is thinking about how working with the Surfer was pretty cool, and how he has managed to maybe come out of the fight a better hero, but hopes that they never meet again nevertheless. The final panel shows a glowing cardboard box taped together with duct tape, a key image in the DC vs. Marvel series, in which the Silver Surfer and Green Lantern meet up again."

jrodslam
It was the Surfer/GL crossover that led into DC vs Marvel.

http://members.tripod.com/~Lantern_light/misc5.htm

"In the process, Kyle manages to stop the Surfer with a massive 'wave' of green energy, and takes the opportunity to convince him that Parallax is evil, and that Thanos tricked him into giving him Oa's energy. The Surfer is too weak to make much difference, so he convinces Kyle to stop the two titans from either destroying the universe or re-creating it by draining off their energy. Thanos attacks Parallax as the Surfer drives the two opponents apart, claiming that ultimate power is now his, but Kyle states that it's his, because the ring is his, and that, if it can destroy two universe, it can save them as well. He manages to siphon off the energy from the two villains, but is unable to contain it, so he is forced to channel it into the Silver Surfer, who, amid the pain, acknowledges that redemption can only be assured by ensuring the future rather than rewriting the past. As he recovers, the Surfer muses on the irony; he sought a kindred spirit in Parallax, but has for more in common with Kyle Rayner, as both are true heroes, to which Kyle says thanks. Thanos and Parallax fall into a dimensional tunnel and Surfer follows Thanos into the Marvel Universe, but Parallax's final destination is unknown.

At the end, Kyle is thinking about how working with the Surfer was pretty cool, and how he has managed to maybe come out of the fight a better hero, but hopes that they never meet again nevertheless. The final panel shows a glowing cardboard box taped together with duct tape, a key image in the DC vs. Marvel series, in which the Silver Surfer and Green Lantern meet up again."

That sounds exactly like what happened in crossover classics 4. I have that. I was talking about Kyle giving Surfer energy prior to their fight. I didnt know that happened in DC vs Marvel.

The Ion
Marvel Vs DC fight was pretty weak. All the two did was collide into each other and Kyle ended up KO'd while Surfer was still standing.

Great fight. confused

dvampire
Kyle takes this. A GL can do alot more with that ring, then Surfer can with his powers (which is mostly just using energy blasts).

Juntai
Originally posted by The Ion
Marvel Vs DC fight was pretty weak. All the two did was collide into each other and Kyle ended up KO'd while Surfer was still standing.

Great fight. confused Well yeah, that's like Guy Gardner running into ION. Surfer was amped with the OA battery. lol.

Acrosurge
The Silver Surfer should take a majority in this fight. The GLs can do a great deal, but even Kyle's versatility isn't on Surfer's level. In addition, the Surfer is physically superior in body and mind. His speed, reflexes, and durability are overwhelmingly higher. He really doesn't need to drain the Oan energy for the win here. He needs only to penetrate the GLs' protective field, then KO them physically, with a blast, or telepathically.

nathan summers
This fight is about power and durability. A Green Lantern while extremely formidable still has human vulnerabilities, weaknesses and requires recharge time. They're only as powerful as their will. As I see it the Surfer's body can take ten times more damage than Rayner. The only Lantern that I'd give any chance of beating Radd is Hal Jordan. He is THE Green Lantern. Not a wannabe knock off like Rayner.

Jose123
This fight is about power and durability. A Green Lantern while extremely formidable still has human vulnerabilities, weaknesses and requires recharge time. They're only as powerful as their will. As I see it the Surfer's body can take ten times more damage than Rayner. The only Lantern that I'd give any chance of beating Radd is Hal Jordan. He is THE Green Lantern. Not a wannabe knock off like Rayner.
Hey Kyle Rayner is cool!!!

Right? sad

nathan summers
Yeah, sure. He's as cool as the Daredevil & Elektra movies combined. ( Sarcasm *hint, hint*)

Acrosurge
As I see it the Surfer's body can take ten times more damage than Rayner.You jest, right? Surfer has survived black holes, falls from orbit, unshielded hits from Gladiator, Thanos, Galactus, and Odin. His durability is a good bit more than 10x Kyle's.

Here's a good site for those wanting to brush up on Surfer's feats. http://www.geocities.com/bruno_nojunk/

nathan summers
I was making a point that his durability was well over any Green Lantern. I wasn't attempting to be accurate.

jrodslam
I dont get it when ppl say Surfer is more versatile than a GL. How so? Also in the durability department Gl's are highly durable. Secondly, GL's strength comes from their will. That is unlimited power with a thought. Surfer has admitted that even his powers have limits. A GL's limit is only his imagination. That alone would put a GL over Surfer in terms of power in a way. Plus Kyle doesnt need to recharge after 24 hours like the others.

And yea Jose123, Kyle is cool. But i think Guy is cooler cool

Jose123
I dont get it when ppl say Surfer is more versatile than a GL. How so? Also in the durability department Gl's are highly durable. Secondly, GL's strength comes from their will. That is unlimited power with a thought. Surfer has admitted that even his powers have limits. A GL's limit is only his imagination. That alone would put a GL over Surfer in terms of power in a way. Plus Kyle doesnt need to recharge after 24 hours like the others.

And yea Jose123, Kyle is cool. But i think Guy is cooler cool

Well maybe just a little

http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/1315/img01020qt.jpg
http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/8530/img01038jd.jpg
http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/4007/img01127qd.jpg

http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/6535/img01040ay.jpg

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Acrosurge
You jest, right? Surfer has survived black holes, falls from orbit, unshielded hits from Gladiator, Thanos, Galactus, and Odin. His durability is a good bit more than 10x Kyle's.

Here's a good site for those wanting to brush up on Surfer's feats. http://www.geocities.com/bruno_nojunk/
we need to put that in the surfer respect thread

thesilverspider
Originally posted by dvampire
Kyle takes this. A GL can do alot more with that ring, then Surfer can with his powers (which is mostly just using energy blasts).
What the f**k? so because kyle is in dc and the surfer is in marvel kyle is more versatile..........

they do the same exact shit ,you are officially the most dc bias on these forums.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Jose123
Well maybe just a little

http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/1315/img01020qt.jpg
http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/8530/img01038jd.jpg
http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/4007/img01127qd.jpg

http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/6535/img01040ay.jpg

laughing

Arabian Knight
Damn, that Surfer site had some killer feats.

And yes, dvamp is the most D.C biased bastard on our forum.

Blair Wind
I thought the fight was parallax vs surfer? why is Kyle being brought into this?

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Arabian Knight

did you see what he did to lunatik now thats some crazy shit.
and who ever said he couldn't fly without his board the guy was zipping through a blackhole without it.

Arabian Knight
did you see what he did to lunatik now thats some crazy shit.
and who ever said he couldn't fly without his board the guy was zipping through a blackhole without it.
Lunatik>>Thanos. Thanos was actually scared of the guy.

I knew some of these feats, but others I didn't.

Surfer seriously should never, ever lose.

thesilverspider
Lunatik>>Thanos. Thanos was actually scared of the guy.

I knew some of these feats, but others I didn't.

Surfer seriously should never, ever lose.

and he does have a penis.......... laughing out loud

yea it's major pis/cis when he looses I have been thinking that for a while now.

Arabian Knight
His penis is inverted. Like mine....embarrasment

thesilverspider
His penis is inverted. Like mine....embarrasment

eek!

I finally got a martian manhunter........ wink

Arabian Knight
IN MY PANTS!

thesilverspider
I didn't know that surfer was lex luthor.......... eek!

thesilverspider
IN MY PANTS!

you got a mm 2

Arabian Knight
You didn't?

Stoopid NOOB!

thesilverspider
You didn't?

Stoopid NOOB!

I'm sorry ............... embarrasment

Acrosurge
Woah. Its gotten a bit nutty in here.

Surfer seriously should never, ever lose. I don't know about that. Surfer has his share of defeats; some PISsy and some believable. Nevertheless, the Surfer has done some spectacular things.

Did anyone notice that Surfer was dodging all of GL Kyle's blasts for several panels in their DC vs Marvel fight?

Blair Wind
did anyone notice that this fight has nothing to do with Kyle?????????

Juntai
Originally posted by Blair Wind
did anyone notice that this fight has nothing to do with Kyle????????? Yeah, I noticed, but I tend to move along with the thread. I had already stated Parallax beats Surfer. lol.

dvampire
The Silver Surfer should take a majority in this fight. The GLs can do a great deal, but even Kyle's versatility isn't on Surfer's level. In addition, the Surfer is physically superior in body and mind. His speed, reflexes, and durability are overwhelmingly higher. He really doesn't need to drain the Oan energy for the win here. He needs only to penetrate the GLs' protective field, then KO them physically, with a blast, or telepathically.

I disagree. Kyles is just as fast as Surfer, can fly without the use of a board (which gives him the advantge when fighting, since Surfer can't fly without it), Kyle have many constructs that he could make to defeat Surfer in a h2h battle, he can make an army of constructs, and I don't think Surfer can drain him without Kyle allowing it to happen. GL's shields has stood up to far more powerful blasts than Surfer's and they aren't going to stand by for Surfer to attack with his blast either.

dvampire
Yeah, I noticed, but I tend to move along with the thread. I had already stated Parallax beats Surfer. lol.

Well the thread does say GL vs. Surfer, I just assume that we could pick which GL to fight against him. But yeah Parallax wins if that's who Surfer is fighting against. smile

Juntai
Well the thread does say GL vs. Surfer, I just assume that we could pick which GL to fight against him. But yeah Parallax wins if that's who Surfer is fighting against. smile Look at the pic in the creator's original post.

id369
Parallax > SS
SS>any GL.

Seriously their powers match and cancel each other out.

But GL with no powers is just a simple man, while SS has a much superior body with out his powers.

Juntai
Originally posted by id369
Parallax > SS
SS>any GL.

Seriously their powers match and cancel each other out.

But GL with no powers is just a simple man, while SS has a much superior body with out his powers. But that doesn't matter once he's got the ring on, and wasn't Surfer just a man before Galactus gave him his power?
What it comes down to, is really all opinion., Surfer is generally written as very mighty indeed. Green Lantern has higher highs, and lower lows feat-wise, so just a much broader spectrum. But GL as much as fans love him, doesn't always get good showings when it comes to the giant involving plotlines these days, and Surfer is usually right in the mix of action showing them what the power cosmic can do.

dvampire

Wow! Maybe you're the most Marvel biased on this forum. smile

Juntai
Wow! Maybe you're the most Marvel biased on this forum. smile I dunno, the guys does have Deathstroke in his sig.

Acrosurge
I disagree. Kyles is just as fast as Surfer, can fly without the use of a board (which gives him the advantge when fighting, since Surfer can't fly without it), Kyle have many constructs that he could make to defeat Surfer in a h2h battle, he can make an army of constructs, and I don't think Surfer can drain him without Kyle allowing it to happen. GL's shields has stood up to far more powerful blasts than Surfer's and they aren't going to stand by for Surfer to attack with his blast either. If you can provide proof that Kyle has crossed from one side of the Universe to the other in seconds, I might believe you. Still, I would require proof that Kyle's reflexes are as fast as Surfer's, which just isn't true. Surfer dodges missiles, meteors, and energy blasts all at near lightspeed velocity. He's physically searched the entire Earth looking for Namor before Dr. Strange finished a sentence. When has Kyle, or any regular GL done the same?

Juntai
If you can provide proof that Kyle has crossed from one side of the Universe to the other in seconds, I might believe you. Still, I would require proof that Kyle's reflexes are as fast as Surfer's, which just isn't true. Surfer dodges missiles, meteors, and energy blasts all at near lightspeed velocity. He's physically searched the entire Earth looking for Namor before Dr. Strange finished a sentence. When has Kyle, or any regular GL done the same? He did the cross the universe feat to get Hal to come save the day during Final Night. Most of the rest of those type of feats they ussually use Superman or Flash for.

Acrosurge
He did the cross the universe feat to get Hal to come save the day during Final Night. Most of the rest of those type of feats they ussually use Superman or Flash for. ...likely because Kyle doesn't have the speed to pull off those kind of feats, while Superman, Flash, and the Silver Surfer do. Therefore, Surfer is significantly faster than any regular GL.

Juntai
...likely because Kyle doesn't have the speed to pull off those kind of feats, while Superman, Flash, and the Silver Surfer do. Well, Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman both have the speed to do it too, but they don't.
And Kyle wouldn't have to do a mundane feat like searching for Namor on the planet, he'd just make the ring do it and be there instantly.
"Alright ring, find Namor and take me to hi-..."

"Hi Namor!"

The Ion
Superman referred to Kyle as the faster flyer in the JLA. Kyle and Guy were warping in the last issue of GLC Recharge.

Acrosurge
Well, Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman both have the speed to do it too, but they don't.
And Kyle wouldn't have to do a mundane feat like searching for Namor on the planet, he'd just make the ring do it and be there instantly.
"Alright ring, find Namor and take me to hi-..."

"Hi Namor!" Manhunter and Wonder Woman's speed is not in question here. This little rabbit trail is about the comparison of Kyle's speed to Surfer's. According to the feat I provided, Surfer would have found Namor and returned with him by the time Kyle got finished saying "Namor".

Surfer is faster. Point proved. Shall we move on?

Juntai
Manhunter and Wonder Woman's speed is not in question here. This little rabbit trail is about the comparison of Kyle's speed to Surfer's. According to the feat I provided, Surfer would have found Namor and returned with him by the time Kyle got finished saying "Namor".

Surfer is faster. Point proved. Shall we move on? I'm still failing to see how he's much faster when both have done trans-universe near instantly. Sounds relative to me. I was just giving a possible scenario.

thesilverspider
I disagree. Kyles is just as fast as Surfer, can fly without the use of a board (which gives him the advantge when fighting, since Surfer can't fly without it), Kyle have many constructs that he could make to defeat Surfer in a h2h battle, he can make an army of constructs, and I don't think Surfer can drain him without Kyle allowing it to happen. GL's shields has stood up to far more powerful blasts than Surfer's and they aren't going to stand by for Surfer to attack with his blast either.

confused the surfer can fly without his board in the fight against red shift he gave the board to alicia masters for she can go back to earth.then he went flying into a blackhole to fight him then after he killed him he flew back out.

Acrosurge
I'm still failing to see how he's much faster when both have done trans-universe near instantly. Sounds relative to me. I was just giving a possible scenario. Warping space, even universal distances, is elementary for nearly any cosmic beign. Nova can do it. Quasar can do it. Any GL can do it. But this does not mean they can think and react at similar speeds. Put a different way, a GL might be able to cover more distance than the Flash by warping space, but this does not mean he's faster than Flash. He cannot think faster. He cannot react faster.

Surfer can both travel universal distances and move and react fast enough to pick one being from a colossal starship in a microsecond. He can travel the entire planet (without space-warping) in the time it takes to speak a sentence. Evading an armada of firing starships without taking a hit is childsplay for him. And of course, we have the evidence of Surfer evading every single one of Kyle's blasts in DC vs Marvel. This is evidence, both of Surfer's enormous speed and mental processing ability; ability that surpasses a GL's physical limitations.

the surfer can fly without his board in the fight against red shift he gave the board to alicia masters for she can go back to earth.then he went flying into a blackhole to fight him then after he killed him he flew back out.In addition, the Surfer levitated himself while sleeping. That suggests that flight is not really a problem for him. He simply prefers his board.

Blair Wind
...likely because Kyle doesn't have the speed to pull off those kind of feats, while Superman, Flash, and the Silver Surfer do. Therefore, Surfer is significantly faster than any regular GL.

and yet a gl can keep up with the flash

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greenlantern199567173gv.jpg

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greenlantern199567184fo.jpg

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greenlantern199567194ab.jpg

snoopdogg
confused the surfer can fly without his board in the fight against red shift he gave the board to alicia masters for she can go back to earth.then he went flying into a blackhole to fight him then after he killed him he flew back out. I have 3 scans that say otherwise.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I have 3 scans that say otherwise.
go to the surfer respect thread I put a link there then look for the surfer vs redshift fight.

snoopdogg
I'll take your word for it.

thesilverspider
give's board to alicia masters

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Blair Wind
and yet a gl can keep up with the flash

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greenlantern199567173gv.jpg

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greenlantern199567184fo.jpg

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greenlantern199567194ab.jpg Nice scans. That sure looked like a sonic boom, Blair Wind.

Here's a scan of Surfer levitating while asleep. http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/ss_enslavers_14.jpg

thesilverspider
then starts fight with red shift

thesilverspider

jrodslam
Gl's dont really need to search a planet to locate someone, the ring does it for them. Gl's can then teleport to that location. Also a GL as a human doesnt have to be able to react in manoseconds. The ring reacts for them. The ring reacts and processes faster than Flash.

Being able to dodge starshpis is also childsplay to a lantern. And Surfer sure as hell didnt evade all of Kyles blasts in Crossover Classics 4, so that point is nulled.

thesilverspider
still without the board

snoopdogg
To me it looks like they were sucked into a blackhole and falling.

thesilverspider
clearly flying without the board

Jose123
I'll take your word for it.

Why is he falling through space? Shouldn't he float.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Jose123
Why is he falling through space? Shouldn't he float.
he was being pulled by ego's gravity I believe

Acrosurge
Gl's dont really need to search a planet to locate someone, the ring does it for them. Gl's can then teleport to that location. Also a GL as a human doesnt have to be able to react in manoseconds. The ring reacts for them. The ring reacts and processes faster than Flash.

Being able to dodge starshpis is also childsplay to a lantern. And Surfer sure as hell didnt evade all of Kyles blasts in Crossover Classics 4, so that point is nulled. Interesting. You're suggesting that the GLs are in fact faster than the Flash. While that seems quite absurd, have you any proof to back up your assumptions?

Surfer was weakened in CC4, so your second point is also nullified.

jrodslam
Interesting. You're suggesting that the GLs are in fact faster than the Flash. While that seems quite absurd, have you any proof to back up your assumptions?

Gl's can trancend light speed far quicker than Flash can for 1. They can also teleport. Flash isnt faster than instant transmission. The proof is Flash cant go from 0 to lightspeed instantly. Not without getting boosted anyways.

Surfer was weakened, yet hes the one who charged Kyle to battle while Kyle just wanted to talk to him? Yea good point. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Acrosurge
Gl's can trancend light speed far quicker than Flash can for 1. They can also teleport. Flash isnt faster than instant transmission. The proof is Flash cant go from 0 to lightspeed instantly. Not without getting boosted anyways.Whew! This is worse than the fighting speed vs traveling speed arguments! Space warping and teleporting are not the same as speed and reflexes.

Warping space, even universal distances, is elementary for nearly any cosmic beign. Nova can do it. Quasar can do it. Any GL can do it. But this does not mean they can think and react at similar speeds. Put a different way, a GL might be able to cover more distance than the Flash by warping space, but this does not mean he's faster than Flash. He cannot think faster. He cannot react faster.

Surfer can both travel universal distances and move and react fast enough to pick one being from a colossal starship in a microsecond. He can travel the entire planet (without space-warping) in the time it takes to speak a sentence. Evading an armada of firing starships without taking a hit is childsplay for him. And of course, we have the evidence of Surfer evading every single one of Kyle's blasts in DC vs Marvel. This is evidence, both of Surfer's enormous speed and mental processing ability; ability that surpasses a GL's physical limitations.

Surfer was weakened, yet hes the one who charged Kyle to battle while Kyle just wanted to talk to him? Yea good point. roll eyes (sarcastic) Um...and that has what relevance to the discussion? Did I miss something in the sarcasm?

jrodslam
Whew! This is worse than the fighting speed vs traveling speed arguments! Space warping and teleporting are not the same as speed and reflexes.

GL's can fly faster than Flash can run. Probably not on earth however. And fighting speed? Who was talking about fighting speed? The ring allows for super fast reflexes because of its ability to sense oncoming danger.

Um...and that has what relevance to the discussion? Did I miss something in the sarcasm?

Obviously you did.

And of course, we have the evidence of Surfer evading every single one of Kyle's blasts in DC vs Marvel. This is evidence, both of Surfer's enormous speed and mental processing ability; ability that surpasses a GL's physical limitations.

You mentioned a book that was fan voted first. Then you were countered with CC4. But you mentioned that "Surfer was weakened" thats why he couldnt evade Kyles blasts. Yet hes the one who initiated the fight between the two.

Arabian Knight
Any proof of the ring able to react and process information as fast as a few x times lightspeed without the user knowing it?

Arabian Knight
Is that a no?

jrodslam
Any proof of the ring able to react and process information as fast as a few x times lightspeed without the user knowing it?

Hal once sent out s.o.s. probes to other GL's across the universe and they all came back a second later.

His auto shield also once shielded him and Supes from an explosion.

Arabian Knight
We both know how those auto shields work, they're there when the writer wants them, and they aren't when they don't want them.

I'm asking is there a scan where any GL was capable of fighting h2h or otherwise at many time the speed of light. SS can do it and has many times.

jrodslam
We both know how those auto shields work, they're there when the writer wants them, and they aren't when they don't want them.

I'm asking is there a scan where any GL was capable of fighting h2h or otherwise at many time the speed of light. SS can do it and has many times.

Regardless of how inconsistant the writer writes them, thats how its suppose to be.

Gl's cant fight at lightspeeds such as hand movement speed. However Surfer cant either. Unless you call flying in a circle at lightspeed and shooting a beam in the middle fighting at lightspeed, like other Surfer fans do.

Please show Surfer fighting in h2h combat at many times lightspeed. That would be much appreciated.

snoopdogg

Please show Surfer fighting in h2h combat at many times lightspeed. That would be much appreciated. We have been asking this question for t he last year jrod.

id369
We have been asking this question for t he last year jrod.

SS vs The Runner

http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/8158/runnersurfer43sj.th.gif

Arabian Knight
I'll remember this comment when you argue against Strange's auto shields. evil face

He has:
Flown into a mansion, went through the halls, went into a room, broke the lock with his hands, grabbed Nova, exited the mansion so fast that the alarm didn't go off until Surfer was half a light year away.

Dodged through a meteor shower while going light speed.

Saw, thought and reacted with a plan in a microsecond.

Searched the ENTIRE earth, each corner and hole and house in less than a few seconds.

Scanned and searched with his own eyes the entire UNIVERSE in less than a few hours.

Thought and reacted in a nanosecond. Moving his arms and breaking chains....in a nano second.

He's faster than Flash in reaction and speed. Don't even try to bullshit and say he just flys fast.

The Ion
He just flys fast.

Arabian Knight
Originally posted by The Ion
He just flys fast.
Yer sexy...droolio

Surfer was able to even synthesis the Odin Force. So, basically, the dude can actually make something similar to magic of the highest order.

jrodslam
I'll remember this comment when you argue against Strange's auto shields. evil face

Difference is GL's have auto shields that protect them from mortal harm or blast that would ko them. I never said a GL cant get knocked out with a sucker punch or the like. You on the other hand said that Strange's auto shields are always on 24/7. Meaning hed never get ko'd off a sucker punch. Big difference between having on to protect from death than having one on 24/7 to protect from being ko'd.

He has:
Flown into a mansion, went through the halls, went into a room, broke the lock with his hands, grabbed Nova, exited the mansion so fast that the alarm didn't go off until Surfer was half a light year away.

Dodged through a meteor shower while going light speed.

Saw, thought and reacted with a plan in a microsecond.

Searched the ENTIRE earth, each corner and hole and house in less than a few seconds.

Scanned and searched with his own eyes the entire UNIVERSE in less than a few hours.

Thought and reacted in a nanosecond. Moving his arms and breaking chains....in a nano second.

He's faster than Flash in reaction and speed. Don't even try to bullshit and say he just flys fast.

Did i ever say SS just flies fast? Ive said hes never fought at lightspeeds. The scan with the flying in a circle then shooting a blast in the middle isnt fighting at lightspeeds.

jrodslam
SS vs The Runner

http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/8158/runnersurfer43sj.th.gif

Looks to me like Surfer is flying then gets hit off his board. When Runner comes back around, they are both on the board again and he's holding Surfers hands in place. Whats that suppose to show?

id369
Looks to me like Surfer is flying then gets hit off his board. When Runner comes back around, they are both on the board again and he's holding Surfers hands in place. Whats that suppose to show?

You asked

And I simply replied.

Arabian Knight
No, no. I said it raises his durability to high meta levels and it keeps him from mortal harm. You showed scans of thugs K.O'ng him as a rebuttle.

He's fought/reacted at light speed in every single feat I mentioned. What more do you want?
Does SS need to say "AHA! I'm fighting h2h with you at lightspeed!"?

jrodslam
You asked

And I simply replied.

I know i asked, but that wasnt him fighting h2h at lightspeed. Him having his hands held is fighting?

Plus who said they were going lightspeed?

jrodslam
No, no. I said it raises his durability to high meta levels and it keeps him from mortal harm. You showed scans of thugs K.O'ng him as a rebuttle.

No no. You also said he has his auto shield on 24/7. When ever someone mentions Strange getting ko'd via speedblitz, you say "He always has the auto shields on." Thats when i come in and reply with "He doesnt always have the shields up."

He's fought/reacted at light speed in every single feat I mentioned. What more do you want?
Does SS need to say "AHA! I'm fighting h2h with you at lightspeed!"?

Of all those feats you mentioned, which one has him fighting, AK?

id369
I know i asked, but that wasnt him fighting h2h at lightspeed. Him having his hands held is fighting?

Plus who said they were going lightspeed?

That all depends on how you intrepid the fight scene.

I count it as fighting since SS and the Runner are dodging and throwing energy blast before they ended up holding each other.

And the Runner is only known to be one of the fasted for having one of the IG gems. I seriously doubt they are fighting at a vary slow pace.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>