Kinetic Absorbers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alfheim
I dont know if anybody could help. I am having a debate about kinetic absorbers. The debate im having is this..... can people like Cap pressure point kinetic absorbers?

I belive that maybe they can because the pressure being applied is so minimal that it cannot be registered. The problem with this argument is that if a kinetic abosrber has superhuman strength you would still need to hit the pressure point hard. Not neccesarily with superhuman strength but still harder than usual. If this is the case this means that the kinetic absorber would take the energy for strength.

Is it possible that as a kinetic absorber strength increases his ability to absorb energy on lower level decreases? For example a kinetic absorber at human level would absorb punches from a normal human but at class 100 they would not register.

They way to confirm this is if anybody has scans with Sebastien Shaw fighting. It is said that he can be beaten if restrained with enough force to immobilize him without causing any damage.

If Sebastein Shaw was at superhuman level and was being restrained superhuman strength would need to be applied. In order to restrain him kinetic force would still be applied but it would be done in such a way that it cant be absorbed. If this is the case then pressure points can work.

inamilist
it would all depend on the character, as kinetic absorbtion doesnt exist really in the real world, it cannot be experimented on.

If a character does (or even can) follow those parameters, then it is possible.

However, speaking purely hypothetically, I don't see why an increase/decrese in strength would naturally effect a kinetic absorbtion ability. Kinetic energy would be the same regardless or the character's size, and unless it is specified that the minimun threshold level of kinetic energy needed before the character can absorb it is dependant on their muscle mass, then it would probably be best to assume they are unrelated.

Also, I dont understand why there would be a minimum threshold for kinetic absorbtion.... It would make more sense if there was something with too much kinetic force to abosrb, but why would something ever be too small to detect?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.