Green Lantern Corps vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PRAYERRUN
Galactus has landed on a planet in the far regions of space for a snack. But lord and behold, they have special protection, from the Green Lantern Corps!!!. can the entire corps stop Galactus or is this planet doomed?

Galan777
7,200 GL's could more then likely taken down Galactus

Especially since Ion is part of the Corps as well shifty

PRAYERRUN
(wow that many...) Even if Galactus has his herold?

Big Sexy
Gs wouln't eat the plan. Too much time would be wasted, he'd leave and avoid a war.

Galan777
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
(wow that many...) Even if Galactus has his herold? Yeah the entire Corps consists of 7,200 GL's, one of which is Ion wink ....

Herald or not Galactus probably couldnt take them ALL out before he went down.....

sexyking
Originally posted by Galan777
Yeah the entire Corps consists of 7,200 GL's, one of which is Ion wink ....

Herald or not Galactus probably couldnt take them ALL out before he went down.....

Galactus cant take Ion on his own let alone another 7,199 GLS.

Galan777
Originally posted by sexyking
Galactus cant take Ion on his own let alone another 7,199 GLS. Big G could take out a few of the weaker GL's before he dropped, but IMO it wouldnt be enough to beat the entirity of the Corps, especially since Ion would be fighting as well

bigbran
Beiseds Ion.
Galactus has one shotted Surfer everytime he hit him. How would they stack up against Surfer in those terms?
I'm sure he can take out a lot of these guys.

Galan777
Originally posted by bigbran
Beiseds Ion.
Galactus has one shotted Surfer everytime he hit him. How would they stack up against Surfer in those terms?
I'm sure he can take out a lot of these guys. Well if all the GL's are attacking Big G at once, then he would take out quite a few of them....... but I dont see him taking this at all...

bigbran
Originally posted by Galan777
Well if all the GL's are attacking Big G at once, then he would take out quite a few of them....... but I dont see him taking this at all... Never said he would.
But even at very weak levels he has tooken down Surfer with one shot.
Just saying that he could probably take down quite a few.
Besides Ion of course.

Rewmac
The whole GL corps??? Guardians, GLs, Ion??? Galactus would be down...

lando005
he wont stick around he would fight for a bit and then leave if he was going to snack on the planet he was probably hungry and already weak so it wouldnt be woth it for him to fight the gls

Galan777
Originally posted by bigbran
Never said he would.
But even at very weak levels he has tooken down Surfer with one shot.
Just saying that he could probably take down quite a few.
Besides Ion of course. I agree with that....

But Ion alone could defeat Big G, the other 7,199 GL's are just overkill..

Rewmac
And the Green Lanterns would just stand there and say okay let's go eat somehing...We won't get him...Right?

Rewmac
Finally found that art for the GL Corps...

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/Rewmac/Ic7.png

juggernaut66666
http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/7001/1qm4.th.jpg

Soljer
If Superboy Prime can do it... shifty

Haha, but seriously. A single serious blast from Galactus should destroy any Lantern (minus Ion). A single serious omnidirectional blast takes them all.

But then ION comes and kicks galactus' ass. sad.

wink.

Rewmac
No it won't. Infinite Crisis was a big bullshit. They had to remove Lanterns for Superman to save us all again. Seriously. Hal could do Superman. And that was about half of the Corps there...The cold breath was the biggest PIS ever. All GLs had their aura on, that should have protected them from ice breath...

bigbran
Originally posted by Rewmac
Hal could do Superman. I'm sure he could.... rolling on floor laughing

Rewmac
Is that sarcasm there???

bigbran
Is that sarcasm there??? No, read what you said.

darthgoober
Minus Ion, Big G could take them if they fought like they did in Crisis. Even if they really tried, he would still stand some chance, because it's entirely possible he could absorb the energy from their rings(and if Big G HASN'T ever been at full power before, I'm sure that would do it laughing ). But barring energy absorption, eventually the Corps would take him down(though not without staggering loses).

Soljer
No it won't. Infinite Crisis was a big bullshit. They had to remove Lanterns for Superman to save us all again. Seriously. Hal could do Superman. And that was about half of the Corps there...The cold breath was the biggest PIS ever. All GLs had their aura on, that should have protected them from ice breath...

I know it was. Hence the shifty eyes. A couple GOOD lanterns should have been able to take out Prime. Half the corps couldn't do shit?

My ass.

Where's the pissed off emoticon?

Rewmac
Sorry it's 2:00 am here I'm a bit tired. Infinite Crisis wasn't really good showing for the Lantern. PIS and bad showing. I don't really use these words but that was both. Why????

Superman was able to put him down, yeah???

But then any GL could put Superman down. And not with making a huge Kryptonite rock...

IC had to end with Superman saving the day...

Soljer
Sorry it's 2:00 am here I'm a bit tired. Infinite Crisis wasn't really good showing for the Lantern. PIS and bad showing. I don't really use these words but that was both. Why????

Superman was able to put him down, yeah???

But then any GL could put Superman down. And not with making a huge Kryptonite rock...

IC had to end with Superman saving the day...

Agreed. If a Lantern wanted to, he could just buff himself up, and go toe to toe with Kal.

If he wanted to, he could shunt Kal to another dimension.

If he wanted to, he could just shut off Kal's mind.

If he wanted to, a Lantern could turn the blood flowing through Kal's veins into Kryptonite.

If he wanted to, he could rape Kal's mother right in front of him, and then go on to convince Kal that he was ACTUALLY his father. smile.

(any) Green Lantern >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Superman.

The corps versus Superboy Prime? Jesus, there aren't enough 'greater than' signs in the multiverse to describe that.

Rawr. sad.

Rewmac
As I said...IC sucked...Even though I love Superman as my childhood hero and the classic one...

Superman is just really being annoying...I hope he tries to bully current Kyle as Ion...And Ion puts him in his place yes shifty yes

Soljer
As I said...IC sucked...Even though I love Superman as my childhood hero and the classic one...

Superman is just really being annoying...I hope he tries to bully current Kyle as Ion...And Ion puts him in his place yes shifty yes

Meh, Kal would own up on Ion.

You know it's true.

sad.

bigbran

Superman is just really being annoying...I hope he tries to bully current Kyle as Ion...And Ion puts him in his place yes shifty yes I wouldn't like to see Kyle fight him. They would make Superman T-Vo him or something.
Or beat him straight up.
We know Kyle would molest him, so lets just leave it at that.

Priest
how strong is current ion in comparision to darkseid?

OneDumbG0
'Infinite Crisis' was written by Geoff Johns. I'm pretty sure he knows more about Green Lanterns then you. It seemed pretty accurate to me. Superboy Prime was at least Doomsday-level and Doomsday has ripped apart the Corps on his own as well. Besides, if you GL fanboys really want an excuse, the GL Corps in 'Infinite Crisis' aside from maybe a few dozen or so veterans, were all rookies.

Galactus would destroy the Corps by himself. Ion sounds dumb as hell. What's the point of a superhero like that? The only fights he can have are fights with plot devices. Ion gets cancelled in 6 months.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
'Infinite Crisis' was written by Geoff Johns. I'm pretty sure he knows more about Green Lanterns then you. It seemed pretty accurate to me. Superboy Prime was at least Doomsday-level and Doomsday has ripped apart the Corps on his own as well. Besides, if you GL fanboys really want an excuse, the GL Corps in 'Infinite Crisis' aside from maybe a few dozen or so veterans, were all rookies.

Galactus would destroy the Corps by himself. Ion sounds dumb as hell. What's the point of a superhero like that? The only fights he can have are fights with plot devices. Ion gets cancelled in 6 months. you lose at life yes

OneDumbG0
You lose at debating yes

PRAYERRUN
Aaaaaand aparently so does Galactusstick out tongue

Rewmac

Galactus would destroy the Corps by himself. Ion sounds dumb as hell. What's the point of a superhero like that? The only fights he can have are fights with plot devices. Ion gets cancelled in 6 months.

Maybe he knows the GLs better he just couldn't write it that way. DC probably gave the order. Make it so Superman can save the world again. Any GL could overcome Supes and put him down. And word fanboy isn't playing a role. You don't the definition of it so please stop insulting me. Galactus vs. 7200 Green Lanterns and Ion....And you say Galactus would win...Way to go my friend. Galactus would lose... confused roll eyes (sarcastic)

I hate one thing. If you like a character and say he would win on the Versus boards you are fanboy...
Definition of a fanboy is overrating fearts, giving new meanings to scans, not analyzing the others feat and so. And I didn't anything like it...So leave it that way..

Wally West
Most of the Lantern corps are jobbers and would be little more than a bug to Galactus. I bet you could get the big 5 Lanterns and pit them against the other 7,000+ and the 5 would win.

OneDumbG0
Maybe he knows the GLs better he just couldn't write it that way. DC probably gave the order. Make it so Superman can save the world again. Any GL could overcome Supes and put him down. And word fanboy isn't playing a role. You don't the definition of it so please stop insulting me. Galactus vs. 7200 Green Lanterns and Ion....And you say Galactus would win...Way to go my friend. Galactus would lose... confused roll eyes (sarcastic)

I hate one thing. If you like a character and say he would win on the Versus boards you are fanboy...
Definition of a fanboy is overrating fearts, giving new meanings to scans, not analyzing the others feat and so. And I didn't anything like it...So leave it that way.. First off, I don't consider Ion a part of the Corps anymore. I don't believe he is one of the 7,200. He has no sector, he's Protector of the Universe, above the Corps as much as the Guardians are. So when I said Galactus owns the Corps, I was referring to everybody but Ion. I know what Ion's powers are. I've also read one Ion comic and he needed Hal to save him from a power leech. Ion is fluff. This mysterious purpose behind his power will fuel perhaps a few dozen comics before it fizzes out and collapses from its own weight.

Second, stripe yourself the fanboy. I can't believe you'd think any GL could take out Superman. Even going the route of Kryptonite generation, Superman would still retain enough power to take out a GL. The guy's worn kryptonite in a fight. Its presence does not automatically entail victory as Luthor and pretty much every DC reader has discovered. Count the times a GL has gone up against Superman or a Superman-level being and you'll see a crapload of losses on GL's side.

Third, like the last poster said, if you actually read what Geoff Johns has done with the GL Corps, and even if you didn't, you could have at least read what I posted, most of the current GL Corps is made of rookies. They have very few veterans.

So, yes. Fanboy is what you are, a person who ignores these obvious facts and projects only the very greatest of GL feats onto every single member of the GL Corps at the very same time when the GL Corps has been redefined by one architect. If you read 'Green Lantern: Rebirth' or 'Green Lantern Corps: Recharge' or even current 'Green Lantern Corps,' you'd see that your GL Corps isn't even half of what you believe it to be. It's fine of you to criticize Geoff Johns, but when you start spewing crap about how relying on his depictions is reverse-fanboyism is the pot calling the kettle black. You're worse than a fanboy. You're a hypocrite and Ion still sucks.

PRAYERRUN
(ding) ok the fight's over.(and i'm not talking about the one involving Green lantern corps or Galactus.)

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Soljer
Meh, Kal would own up on Ion.

You know it's true.

sad.
LOL Ion would make Superman lick his boots.

Juntai
I've also read one Ion comic and he needed Hal to save him from a power leech. Ion is fluff. You mean of the current series? He didn't need Hal to save him from anything. Kyle was across the Universe chatting with Mogo. Once Kyle showed up, it was all over. Then Kyle took him to the Guardians, where Nero started drawing off the Guardian's power too, and then he trapped Nero in a pocket universe.. "Is there anything I CAN'T do?"

complexbrother
First off, I don't consider Ion a part of the Corps anymore. I don't believe he is one of the 7,200. He has no sector, he's Protector of the Universe, above the Corps as much as the Guardians are. So when I said Galactus owns the Corps, I was referring to everybody but Ion. I know what Ion's powers are. I've also read one Ion comic and he needed Hal to save him from a power leech. Ion is fluff. This mysterious purpose behind his power will fuel perhaps a few dozen comics before it fizzes out and collapses from its own weight.

Second, stripe yourself the fanboy. I can't believe you'd think any GL could take out Superman. Even going the route of Kryptonite generation, Superman would still retain enough power to take out a GL. The guy's worn kryptonite in a fight. Its presence does not automatically entail victory as Luthor and pretty much every DC reader has discovered. Count the times a GL has gone up against Superman or a Superman-level being and you'll see a crapload of losses on GL's side.

Third, like the last poster said, if you actually read what Geoff Johns has done with the GL Corps, and even if you didn't, you could have at least read what I posted, most of the current GL Corps is made of rookies. They have very few veterans.

So, yes. Fanboy is what you are, a person who ignores these obvious facts and projects only the very greatest of GL feats onto every single member of the GL Corps at the very same time when the GL Corps has been redefined by one architect. If you read 'Green Lantern: Rebirth' or 'Green Lantern Corps: Recharge' or even current 'Green Lantern Corps,' you'd see that your GL Corps isn't even half of what you believe it to be. It's fine of you to criticize Geoff Johns, but when you start spewing crap about how relying on his depictions is reverse-fanboyism is the pot calling the kettle black. You're worse than a fanboy. You're a hypocrite and Ion still sucks.

http://captainrodger.free.fr/Mes%20gifs%20anim%e9s/YourAwesome.gif

game .....set ........match !!!

http://captainrodger.free.fr/Mes%20gifs%20anim%e9s/OhCool.gif

BTW Galactus would decide to spare the planet in leu of eating all this delicious emerald energy that's being piped to these tiny rings. Galactus is the single most underestimated chareter on this Forum . he is an Eternity level being, what can beings with trinkets do to someone of that staure ? fanboys always love to place their chareters most powerful feats aginst their opponets weakest feats.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by complexbrother
http://captainrodger.free.fr/Mes%20gifs%20anim%e9s/YourAwesome.gif

game .....set ........match !!!

http://captainrodger.free.fr/Mes%20gifs%20anim%e9s/OhCool.gif

BTW Galactus would decide to spare the planet in leu of eating all this delicious emerald energy that's being piped to these tiny rings. Galactus is the single most underestimated chareter on this Forum . he is an Eternity level being, what can beings with trinkets do to someone of that staure ? fanboys always love to place their chareters most powerful feats aginst their opponets weakest feats.
Only Full power Galactus is equal to Eternity and this is not full power Galactus.
The guardians can call up on Ion when ever they want and then Galactus is screwed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.