Plo Koon versus Kit Fisto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Adas
Two of the best warriors of the PT jedi order, seen as being at roughly the same level of power. Takes place in the jedi temple training room, as seen in the ROTS VG. Who wins?

Prodigal Knight
Plo Koon takes this barely. He's been seen as a very martial and skilled lightsaber user. In addition, he is proficient in offensive Force manuevers.

Kit Fisto is a master of Shii-Cho. He does use the basic Jedi moves, and nothing else except Force Bubble.

I would say Plo takes this.

Darth Kreiger
Doesn't Plo Koon use Force Instakill Lightning?

Darth Subjekt
Plo takes it.

Darth_Glentract
Kit's not getting enough credit here. Kit was almost as good as Obi-wan and Obi-wan would definately take Plo Koon. Oh, and Kreiger, Plo Koon does not use instakill lightning.

MEDVOCK
Kit was almost as good as Obi-wan

Obi-Wan said Kit was a better duelist than he was in CD.

Prodigal Knight
Kit Fisto was only just better than Obi-Wan like halfway through the CW. So half of ROTS and AOTC Kenobi is where Fisto is. I still see Plo win.

Plo is a very skilled lightsaber user, but he would defeat Fisto with his martial Force moves.

Darth_Glentract
Kit's better with a lightsaber. There's nothing to suggest that Plo Koon's Force Powers would be enough to down Fisto.

darthsith19
Plo wins. Plo > Qui-Gon in his prime (I don't wish to debate this again, though, if you disagree whatever) > Qui-Gon (TPM) > Kit (close, though). So overall Pllo wins, it's not super close but it's no where near pwnage. Plo just has a little trouble, though.

Darth Subjekt
How is Kit so superior with a saber? Plo was a master of Djem So, which we all know as an extremely aggressive form, plus his species is known for extraordinary strength. All working in his favor. I know Kit is better than people give him credit for, but i think Plo is just too much.

MEDVOCK
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
How is Kit so superior with a saber? Plo was a master of Djem So, which we all know as an extremely aggressive form, plus his species is known for extraordinary strength. All working in his favor. I know Kit is better than people give him credit for, but i think Plo is just too much.

Plo's a master of Djem So aye? I didn't know that. Could you tell me where exactly it states this?

Darth_Glentract
I think it was in some insider issue, but I don't know if that's what he was referring to. However, I have never heard of the Kel-Dor being known for their strength. I don't think that's true.

DarthSith, when was Plo decided to be stronger than Qui-gon? I know I was gone for a long time, but by when I left for a while we had decided the opposite. I can't see it changing that much.

Council#13
Kit was superior to Obi-Wan in Cestus Deception, but that was like a year after AOTC. I honestly never knew what the big deal was about Plo, but in one of those Clone Wars Adventures cartoons, they work together. Plo saves Kit's life when Kit gets hit from the side. This fight will be close, but I'm going with Plo. He was on the Council for longer, probably more so because of his fighting prowess than his wisdom.

Advent
Plo has never been stated anywhere (I have the Issue 62 article) to be a master of Djem So. Some fans guess that based on a Dreamcast video game, which is far from definitive. There's absolutely no reason to use that as evidence (and that's the only evidence).

Kadesh
Bout time you came back advent, wondering where you been

kamikz
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
I think it was in some insider issue, but I don't know if that's what he was referring to. However, I have never heard of the Kel-Dor being known for their strength. I don't think that's true.

DarthSith, when was Plo decided to be stronger than Qui-gon? I know I was gone for a long time, but by when I left for a while we had decided the opposite. I can't see it changing that much.

They have gotten it from a quote where Maul says he wants to fight Plo, and doesn't mention wanting to fight Qui-Gon....... messed

Council#13
laughing out loud Well, guess which one he got to fight wink

darthsith19
Well, I did say that I didn't want to debate this again, but Maul regardes Plo and Mace as great warriors and doesn't mention Qui-Gon at all. Yeah, he could just have given examples of great warriors, and just not mentioned Qui-Gon, but Maul also admires Plo's unarmed skills, Djem So skills (apparently it says Plo uses Djem So in Shadow Hunter) and just admires him as a warrior. Maul actually admiring a Jedi, even if all he admires is their fighting skills, is saying something. This, IMO, puts Plo above Qui-Gon, or, at least, above Kit.

Prodigal Knight
Yep, Darth, me, and some others have debated on this in the Plo runs the gauntlet. It's been laid down by most people that Plo >QGJ.

kamikz
Originally posted by darthsith19
Well, I did say that I didn't want to debate this again, but Maul regardes Plo and Mace as great warriors and doesn't mention Qui-Gon at all. Yeah, he could just have given examples of great warriors, and just not mentioned Qui-Gon, but Maul also admires Plo's unarmed skills, Djem So skills (apparently it says Plo uses Djem So in Shadow Hunter) and just admires him as a warrior. Maul actually admiring a Jedi, even if all he admires is their fighting skills, is saying something. This, IMO, puts Plo above Qui-Gon, or, at least, above Kit.

I know you didn't want to debate this, but I just have a thing to say...

Could it also be that he likes Plo's "style" (not saber style that is). That he is a more martial jedi, doesn't use negotiation as a tactic but rather goes out to fight? He liked his combat skill also, but he could have dragged up half the jedi order if he wanted to, or he could have lacked knowledge about Qui-Gon. I just don't see how this puts him above QGJ.

darthsith19
Maybe, personally I think that Maul would likely have listed the top 2 Jedi Warriors, though. when he listed Plo and Mace as great Jedi Warriors. Either way Plo beats Kit.

kamikz
Then Yoda should have been included. stick out tongue

darthsith19
I already explained in the other thread that I doubt most Jedi knew Yoda was so strong and probably just thought him as really wise, and if other Jedi don't know Yoda's a great warrior I doubt Maul would.

King Adas
After thinking about this, Kit Fisto definitely has this. In Caestus Deception, Obi-Wan views him as a better swordsman than himself, he takes out two magnaguards with two rotations of his saber in LoE, we've seen him in action (both still and moving media) and he's damn quick, agile and skilled. He's got much more going for him than Plo has.

darthsith19
Originally posted by King Adas
After thinking about this, Kit Fisto definitely has this. In Caestus Deception, Obi-Wan views him as a better swordsman than himself, he takes out two magnaguards with two rotations of his saber in LoE, we've seen him in action (both still and moving media) and he's damn quick, agile and skilled. He's got much more going for him than Plo has.
Speed doesn't mean everything, and in the Cartoon he did so good cause he was underwater. Plo is equal to or greater than Qui-Gon in his prime. TPM Qui-Gon is close to Mace. I highly doubt TPM Qui-Gon would lsoe to Kit, and then Plo's ahead of Kit, and apparently had to save Kit in a comic. Plo's most certainly ahead of Cestus Deception Kenobi. And Kit may have takes out the Magnaguards with a couple rotations of his lightsaber but Plo could just pwn them with his electric judgement in an instant.

MEDVOCK

darthsith19
So then anyone could beat OT Vader but no one could beat Yoda, right? Lol, no, speed means a some but not A LOT. Mace fought slowly in ROTS and still kicked ass.

Yeah, like about hoe fast he moved in ROTS, right? Okay, pretty fast, then.

Mace's movements were desbribed as invisible in Shatterpoint. So it seems as if EU greatly exxaggerates the speed of Jedi/Sith.

Read the otehr posts in this thread or visit the "Plo Koon runs the gauntlet" thread.

Well, when one person saves eomeone else, especially in combat, it usually means the person who got saved isn't as strong as the savor. However, since swtimeline.ru is down right now I can't read that comic and see exactly what happened.

MEDVOCK

kamikz
Originally posted by darthsith19
I already explained in the other thread that I doubt most Jedi knew Yoda was so strong and probably just thought him as really wise, and if other Jedi don't know Yoda's a great warrior I doubt Maul would.

If anything, Sidious had told him. Yoda was known as the greatest jedi ever, he had sparred with his students before and beaten the likes of Dooku and Mace Windu.

And why didn't he mention Dooku either? He was still in the order, didn't he leave after Qui-Gon's death? Why not Depa who was Mace student in Vapaad? Or maybe he just didn't know about everyone because they didn't have a reputation that stretched far out from the jedi order, like Plo and Mace had...

Darth_Glentract
It was probably due to reputation and or martial approach. Plo had a very large one after the Stark Hyperspace War. If Maul had been mentioning the strongest Jedi around, he would have included Yoda (Sidous knew how good he was and would have told Maul to FEAR him), Mace, Cin, Dooku, Depa, Qui-gon, (the rest are just probablies) Sora Bulq, Luminara, Jorus, Nejaa Halcyon, and Echuu. There are a lot of people that Maul could have mentioned that are as good, if not significantly better than Maul in combat.

I think the most probable reason Maul didn't mention Yoda as a Jedi he wanted to fight in lightsaber combat is because he probably knew he wouldn't stand a chance.

Prodigal Knight
Arguments for Plo Koon-

Plo Koon is a martial Jedi of the PT Order. By being martial, he is more comfortable in using violence/agressive negotiations to finish his business. He was a member of the Jedi Council, thus signifying that he is notable in his lightsaber and Force skills. Darth Maul regarded him as a great warrior to fight. Maul despises Jedi, the fact that he wishes to fight against Koon would say he would love to show his mastery over this powerful Kel Dor master. In addition, he has been known for using offensive Force attacks. He manipulates the environment to his bidding and does a powerful Force attack called Electric Judgement.

This is my argument for him, summarised.

Darth_Glentract
And any of that puts his above Kit how?

Prodigal Knight
Well Plo is definately better than Fisto in the Force, and in the sabers I would rate them equal. Plo seems to be more impressive that Kit in saber and Force.

kamikz
How so in the force? Because of the electrical judgement? I doubt that would have more effect (if not lower than equal) to force lightning, which Kit should be able to parry. (If Obi at AOTC can do it with Dooku's lightning, Kit probably can). So that pretty much neutralizes that, if Plo hasn't got anything else to counter with. That leaves it to a saber battle....

darthsith19
He knows things besides Electirc Judgement, like he has the ability to change the air temperature enough to bewilder opponents for liong enough that he can kill them, and he can freeze water, things no other Jedi has ever done before, making Plo one of a kind.

kamikz
At what time scale? How long does it take him to do it? He has to focus right, he can't just swing his hand and hope that the opposing jedi freezes to death right? He might be one of a kind, but it's not guaranteed that it'll work against a fellow council member...

Prodigal Knight
He pushes Fisto back. Then while Fisto runs towards him, he can charge up and do his manipulation.

MEDVOCK
Plo may be the only Jedi to use Electric Judgment, but I doubt other Jedi weren't capable of using it. Most Jedi strayed away from the force power because of how it closely resembled the Sith's force power.

And Kit also had a force power that had never been used before by any Jedi or Sith, EVER. He was able to focus the water particles in the air or ocean to create a "force water orb", which could be used as a projectile.

Anyway, we all know Lightsabers can block lightning, and I doubt Plo's lightning would be any stronger than Dooku's or Sidious's, so Kit shouldn't have much trouble defending himself from it. Especially considering the fact that in Cestus Deception, his sense of timing was described as "faster than common sense itself" - there's no reason to assume he won't be able to block it in time.

And as for the freeze river part -- there's no rivers in the Jedi Temple so I think he'll be safe from that.

And I very much doubt he'll have any time to conduct his "poison air" force power (or whatever it is), considering the majority of the duel is probably going to be fought in close combat.

kamikz
Yup, Plo might have some of those force powers, but they would not be just swung out like nothing, they would be in combat all the time. If he would push him away (successfully), then start to reload, Kit wouldn't try to run up, he would smash him with the force back. I don't see how he wins sorley through the force...

Kaos sebaceous
i think plo deff takes this

Kongu Dude
Plo Koon.

HighMasterFisto
It totally depends on the conditions, for example, in lightsaber combat Fisto would win due to the face that he is not only a very able combatant, but has the ability to manipulate water, so Plo would have a lot on his hands, (and face...), but in the air Koon would likely triumph, as he is definitely a more adept pilot than Fisto.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.