Eraserhead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Graveyard Shift
What in the hell? I just saw this over the weekend and I was creeped out by it.

This is one of the most disturbing, scariest thing in entertainment that I've experienced; the other being Requiem for a Dream the book.

The movie is like a nightmare that a person has when they fall asleep after taking a bunch of acid. It createst this entirely different world. It's a world that's so weird and surreal that it crawls under your skin and completely creeps you out. The thing that bothered me so much is imagining myself being trapped in that world. I think that I'd go crazy. I couldn't even look at the back cover (picture of woman in the radiator) after watching the movie because she freaked me out so much. I've never been this scared by a movie since I was 13, and I can't imagine a person watching this film over and over again.

Anyone else have any thoughts about this movie?

The Core
I hated it personally. Overrated and incredibly pretentious, and yes, I "got" the movie just fine. It's hardly a horror, though.

Deano
i created a thread on this somewhere.

vintageSW77
I seen Eraserhead a bunch of times
The first time i saw it was under the influence of what you mentioned 3 lines down and let me tell you that movie has stayed with me for 20 years.
That mutant bird/kid crying in its bed is as powerfull a horror image for me as Leatherface appearing at that door war and Mr Barlows first appearance in the original Salems Lot.
ERASERHEAD RULES!

Deano
yeh its a great film. a piece of art

MildPossession
It is a fantastic film, one of my all time favourites.

Spiral Goddess
I only watched it once and it is very confusing !
It is a bit slow moving though. I do like the song In Heaven Everything is Fine.

Espantada23
I saw the trailer for it,have yet to see the actual film,but it looked pretty odd and trippy.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Deano
i created a thread on this somewhere.
Here you go.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=362367

Darth Vicious
"EraserHead"? I havent seen it but the name alone doesnt inspire "horror".

vintageSW77
Off the top of my head neither do the names HOSTEL,28 WEEKS LATER,THE FLY or CHILDS PLAY
but they are.

Zilverz
damn this movie sounds so wack .,. i have to see it .. . thanks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.