Serenity/Firefly fanfic (ongoing)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DragonWoman
Ok this is a constant work in progress...I'd prefer people PM'd me with input rather than post it here. Thanks.

There was a silence about the place that deeply disturbed me, a silence that told of unspeakable acts against those that had still been living at the time...but no more. The stench filled the dank air and I did my best to keep my breath held, to no avail. It was practically useless to try and do a thing for any of what was left of these people. Some torn limb from limb, marks of eerie oncoming death and pain still marred their features and in the back of my mind I could still hear their screams.

The silence; it deafened me and I found more of a despirate need to be free of the space with every moment that passed.
The stench got worse as I made my way up those cold, clammy iron stairs. My brow furrowed in a mark of concern as I approached a guards downed form. Whatever was loose here had slain him and not so of a fashion that would merit a kind and quick death. Sniffing in a quick inhalation of the scent I grimaced and moved on, hoping atleast to get a whiff of fresh air within the next half hour to save of my already spinning head.

My boots though heavy in sole made naught but a noise on the harsh steel beneath them, rolling the edge of my foot through to the toe with every step I made sure that any noise given off would not warrant the deathly creature to take notice of my position in the complex.
Hairs sliding to almost a complete stand on the back of my neck took attention of my senses and I paused, if the animal was here then why was it so quiet? I continued in my semi-frozen position, muscles aching for movement but I stayed as I was, eyes moving to and forth in a quick succession as to scan the immediate area. Nothing was worse than coming off second best to a creature that was hell bent on doing nothing but killing you brutally.

A small creak, not far from me and I almost jumped out of my skin. Heart beating like that of a meniacle drum I tried to keep my breathing steady as not to warrant alarm to anything close. But it was no use, I was too damned nervous and by now it most likely showed quite easily on my face.
The creaking ceased and for a moment I'd thought, so did my heart until a small thud came from a door naught but two feet from me. It was locked and I'd checked it earlier to only find as much.
Curiousity jogged into my mind and I moved slowly to the door only to almost jump out of my skin once more as a heavy thud and a definate inhuman growl came from behind the door but it was much closer and louder than the first.

Breathing coming slowly and paced now, I set a hand on the cold locked door and waited. Nothing.
Setting my nerves on edge like this was not good for the tension in my back and my state of mind so I turned heel and continued on my search, mind on the job now and not on whatever was sealed behind the door. "Keep an ear out Seek, jus' incase." I swore as the skippers voice came in over my earpeice. Reaching a tense hand to the same peice that the crew used as a communications device I depressed the button and spoke, not loudly but enough so to be clear with my words, "Leave a little static before you talk next time...almost scared me outta my ruddy skin." My tone was far from harsh but enough to let the man on the other end know what I meant.
A slight chuckle came in reply and that was all, I rolled my eyes greatfull that he couldn't see me then face flushed in more than concentration.

Mišt
clap

1 comment though, words like ' 'killing '' would sound better if they were shortened a bit, like '' killin' ", and "damned nervous" to "gorram nervous", just little things smile
Cause at the moment, it doesnt feel like a Serenity/Firefly fic, it's good though, don't take it in a bad way, but if you took away the title there's not much to distinguish it as a Firefly story.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.