What were people like before and during Jesus?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lord xyz

lil bitchiness
Interesting subject.

I believe at heart Jesus had good intentions. But during his life, I don't think he was that payed attention to - hence no historians at the time wrote about him.

I think after his death, when his followers, or St. Peters followers rather wrote much more, and thats when they attributed him the virgin birth, and the divinity - perhaps out of respect or love or something.

I think ts safe to assume Jesus was all about peace and groovy. unlike some people like to present him here by quoting random religious texts which were written metaphorically anyway.

Its safe to assume i would think, that Jesus was a little groovy, and very relaxed, which what made people follow him.
I think he wanted a reformation of some ruthless religious laws, not necessarily start a new religion.

lord xyz
Yes, but why was Jesus against the things he was against. As I've said, Joseph isn't his real father, maybe Mary slept with someone else, which could explain why Jesus is against adultery and pro marriage. It's a case of why were these rules set. But yes, you're probably right about all that lil.

Fatima
Originally posted by lord xyz
Yes, but why was Jesus against the things he was against. As I've said, Joseph isn't his real father, maybe Mary slept with someone else, which could explain why Jesus is against adultery and pro marriage. It's a case of why were these rules set. But yes, you're probably right about all that lil.

what you talking about , mary slept with someone else ...thats nuts

make reasonable assumption .

Impediment
I awlays pictured Jesus as a little bit like a Tommy Chong-esque hippy who had notions of peace and love. stick out tongue

mahasattva

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by mahasattva
Its same when the Buddha says, " One may conquer a thousand battles but one who conquer himself is the greatest victor"....

Oh yes. I remember searching for the similarities between what Buddha said and what Jesus did, and I remember the quote.

thumb up

lord xyz
Originally posted by Fatima

make reasonable assumption . Oh sorry, Mary got pregnant by a ghost.

Yes, that makes much more sense. smile

Shakyamunison

make reasonable assumption .

What is a "reasonable assumption" to you in this case?

Fatima
Oh sorry, Mary got pregnant by a ghost.

Yes, that makes much more sense. smile

I Really dont undrstand how christians consedr marry a virgin , and then
say that she slept with man , in quran marry is asymbol of pure .

lord xyz
I Really dont undrstand how christians consedr marry a virgin , and then
say that she slept with man , in quran marry is asymbol of pure . We're not talking about marriage, we're talking about the virgin Mary.

Shakyamunison
We're not talking about marriage, we're talking about the virgin Mary.

Mary was not a virgin, take my word for it. smile

lord xyz
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Mary was not a virgin, take my word for it. smile Yep, she sucked 100 dicks before she even met Joseph, hence Jesus being against oral sex.

Shakyamunison
Yep, she sucked 100 dicks before she even met Joseph, hence Jesus being against oral sex.

Do you have to be so crude? roll eyes (sarcastic)

lord xyz
Do you have to be so crude? roll eyes (sarcastic) Depends, do they have to be so ignorant?

Shakyamunison
Depends, do they have to be so ignorant?

You can be far more crude then I can be ignorant.

lord xyz
You can be far more crude then I can be ignorant. I said they, refering to fundamentalists, you're not ignorant, you're actually quite smart and cool.

Shakyamunison
I said they, refering to fundamentalists, you're not ignorant, you're actually quite smart and cool.

Ya, but I couldn't resist the smart ass remark. laughing

lord xyz
Ya, but I couldn't resist the smart ass remark. laughing laughing out loud

§P0oONY
You can be far more crude then I can be ignorant.

than I can be ignorant.

no expression

Shakyamunison

lord xyz
I just proved my point. laughing You mean you just proved yourself wrong.

Shakyamunison
You mean you just proved yourself wrong.

Did I do that again? laughing

lord xyz
Did I do that again? laughing You said you proved your point, but your point was you're not ignorant, even though you used then instead of than.

Shakyamunison
You said you proved your point, but your point was you're not ignorant, even though you used then instead of than.

No recap was needed. I was being sarcastic. wink

§P0oONY
You said you proved your point, but your point was you're not ignorant, even though you used then instead of than.
But at the same time you were ignorant of his joke and ignorant of the fact that he used then instead of than... happy

lord xyz

§P0oONY
I was?
**** God!

Yes!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.