Mjolnir vs. Gl Ring

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soujaboy
Both are extremely powerful weapons, both have been described as having limitless power, both are devastating in the hands of it's owner, but which is more powerful? Which weapon in your opinion has greater power or value? Which weapon would cause more damage in the hands of evil than the other?

Debate!!!!!

Milkie
GL Ring

Anybody can use it

good and for evil

lando005
in terms of raw power mjolnir.... in terms of versitilty the ring

Galan777
If you have strong enough will-power the GL ring is more powerful

lando005
Originally posted by Galan777
If you have strong enough will-power the GL ring is more powerful and if your willpower faulters the ring weakens the power of mjolnir isnt as dependent on the state of the user as the ring is

DigiMark007
Mjolnir can absorb energy and do all sorts of other stuff too. But yeah, at max potential a GL Ring outdoes it.

Milkie
I'd rather have a ring then a Hammer

Soljer
The Ring. Fo' Sho'.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Milkie
I'd rather have a ring then a Hammer

I don't know, I would like to crush some skulls with the hammer. devil

Soljer
Originally posted by Soujaboy

Bear Punch.

'Nuff Said. wink.

Besides, with sufficient will power, a green lantern could CREATE Mjonlnir. shifty.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Soljer
Bear Punch.

'Nuff Said. wink.

Besides, with sufficient will power, a green lantern could CREATE Mjonlnir. shifty.

You think so? stick out tongue

Scoobless
Gotta remember the hammer gives you high level strength, stamina, invulnerability, healing and immortality

Metalmanx
Originally posted by lando005
in terms of raw power mjolnir.... in terms of versitilty the ring

Agreed.

Soljer
Originally posted by Scoobless
Gotta remember the hammer gives you high level strength, stamina, invulnerability, healing and immortality

Because a green lantern has never amped their strength? They haven't put up shields that were nigh-invulnerable? They haven't healed themselves using OA energy?

Scoobless
Because a green lantern has never amped their strength? They haven't put up shields that were nigh-invulnerable? They haven't healed themselves using OA energy?

No, because with the hammer it all comes as standard, With the ring you have to constantly be trying to do that kind of thing

Soleran
Unless you change yourself and make you a metahuman period with the ring.

Soljer
No, because with the hammer it all comes as standard, With the ring you have to constantly be trying to do that kind of thing

Not necessarily. A little bit of Kryptonian or Daxamite DNA, and it's permanent. Or the creation of a Mjolnir-like-amplifier. Or etc.

I'll still vouch that the ring is potentially more powerful and more versatile. Though, the ring is more dependent upon the wielder than Mjolnir is.

Soljer
Originally posted by Soleran

Exactly. yes

Scoobless
Originally posted by Soleran

If that's the case then why isn't the whole GL corps Superman level without the rings?

Milkie

But you will have to carry it all day

even when you go on dates

Some places might not let you take it with you.

they might say it's a weapon (which it is)

Soleran
If that's the case then why isn'tm the whole GL corps Superman level without the rings?

Thats a good question, GOOD QUESTION!

Newjak

they might say it's a weapon (which it is) For sheer cool factor the Hammer baby it just looks sweeter running around with a big Hammer destroying things.

Besides the Hammer is extremely powerful can do a number of things is also Magic Based which we all know magic goes a long way.

Accel
GL Ring easily. Every thing Mjolnir can do and more.

Soujaboy

they might say it's a weapon (which it is)

I'd just put it in my pants, and tell everyone it was my dick.

usagi_yojimbo
Both are extremely powerful weapons, both have been described as having limitless power, both are devastating in the hands of it's owner, but which is more powerful? Which weapon in your opinion has greater power or value? Which weapon would cause more damage in the hands of evil than the other?

Debate!!!!!

As powerful as the GL ring is, I still have to go with Mjolnir. The GL rings have to many restrictions on them.

Milkie

When your dick starts firing mystic blasts out of nowhere u will have to explain why there is a huge whole in your pants.

darthgoober
Which item is Superior really depends on the battle at hand and the personalty of the user. A GL ring has Mjolnir beat hands down in terms of versatility and overall power(with the possible exception of the Godblast), but GL's for the most part still have problems with magic and magical beings. Mjolnir on the other hand, excels at magic so it does have at least one thing over the ring. Also, Mjolnir results are the same for the most part, while Rings are dependent on the state of mind of the user. I mean, what if your having one of those days when you never really wanted to get out of bed in the first place? It's gonna be hard to summon enough will to fight effectively.

For the most part I'd prefer to have a ring, just because it would be useful in more situations, but there are definitely times when the hammer would be better(like when your faced with Galactus).

Soljer
If that's the case then why isn't the whole GL corps Superman level without the rings?

That would hardly be an interesting read, now, hm?

Stupid Rookie
I actually think I would go with Mjolnir here. Only because willpower doesn't mean anything to it, and it seems like it is more of an unlimited power source. In theory don't GL rings use up their power? I have never heard that about Mjolnir.

I think this is to a large degree a stalemate

UniOmni

Then what would the need for superman be??

It'd make a great oneshot, or future tale, though.

About how the entire GL corp wisened up, and altered their dna to a mix of Martian, New God and Daxamite.

They'd be the most powerful group in the DCU.

StarsNeverFall7
Personally Id take the ring anyday, being able to create anything I can will and imagine....I dont know about you guys, but I can imagine some pretty interesting things. Dont get me wrong Mjolnir would be cool to have, but Id much rather have the ring because I feel it would be more versatile and not to mention eaiser to lug around.

Sub_Mariner
The Mjolnir is pretty damn cool.

But the ring is cooler and has more potential.

Rewmac
Not everybody can use it. That goes for both...It's a tough choice...Two of my favourite weapons...

Only those who worthy can lift Mjolnir and unleash it's true power...
Only those who are choosen by the ring otself or by Guardians can use the ring, and you need experience and a strong willpower and incredible concentration ability to use it correctly...

I'll go for a stalemate...

Sub_Mariner
If anyone on Earth over here should be worthy, it would be the Pope or someone who i think would be to weak to lift it.

If we are judging it about if we COULD use them both, i choose GL ring.

Rewmac
I'm worthy for thE Mjolnir big grin Soujaboy made me worthy coz I made him sigs big grin

mighty adam
will the ring dose run out. you need alot of will to use it. plus you can't kill with it. mjolnir is magic magic is the best power to have(yes it is). mjolnir lets you fly,have weather power's, strength/speed ect ect. mjolnir is one of a kind too many people have gl rings. yeah i'll take mjolnir!!

jrodslam
Ring.

UniOmni
If you get the choice of both items, and the access to the power at full rein, then the hammer wins it with ease, at least to me.

The ring is too dependent on circumstances for me to chose it.

Willpower, concentration, train of thought.

How wide the scope of your mind is.

If there's something that you deep down, feel to be impossible, then you'll never get the full workout that the ring is able to give.

GL ring........See's a blast capable of destroying the universe being unleashed.

We know what the ring can do cuz we read the comics.

But to someone who doesn't know, this blast might be the insurmountable wall that kills us all, due to the minds having a natural limit to scope.

I'd much rather just stick out the hammer, say verily a few times, and absorb it and use the energy to relight a couple suns and recreate a few galaxies.

I'll take the hammer please.

mighty adam
the oan them self don't like magic cuz they can't beat it , with magic you can beat ss, supes, oan, and many more. magic is a greater power then oan energy.

jollyjim311

At first I thought you were talking about putting the ring in your pants...

You're a creep.

Priest
they both has the its advantages..

batdude123
I'd take a GL ring over Mjolnir any day of the week...

Scoobless
Originally posted by batdude123
I'd take a GL ring over Mjolnir any day of the week...

Even Thursday?

no expression

BobbyD
Even Thursday?

no expression

laughing

batdude123
Even Thursday?

no expression

ESPECIALLY Thursday.

shifty

tru-marvell
Mjolnir...I aint going for that "ring can do anything" bs. I mean that would make the guardians the top dog in every situation since they created the rings, right? So regardless of your will power the gl rings gotta have limits (this is y I've always hated DC, too much wishywashy crap)

Soljer
Originally posted by tru-marvell
Mjolnir...I aint going for that "ring can do anything" bs. I mean that would make the guardians the top dog in every situation since they created the rings, right? So regardless of your will power the gl rings gotta have limits (this is y I've always hated DC, too much wishywashy crap)

The only limits are PIS and imagination.

In real life, there is no plot, and I have a DAMNED good imagination.

wink.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by mighty adam
will the ring dose run out. you need alot of will to use it. plus you can't kill with it. mjolnir is magic magic is the best power to have(yes it is). mjolnir lets you fly,have weather power's, strength/speed ect ect. mjolnir is one of a kind too many people have gl rings. yeah i'll take mjolnir!!

Is That true?

Newjak
Is That true? You do have to recharge the ring I think

Sub_Mariner
Ye, you have to charge it.

http://www.dcdatabaseproject.com/wiki/index.php/Green_Lantern_Ring

batdude123
Not Kyle, though.

Sub_Mariner
Of course, with Kyles power he just sticks his ring up his ass for a few seconds.

snoopdogg
Ring.

Soujaboy
bump

OneDumbG0
GL ring is more handy and has more value than Mjolnir for the simple reason that the people who can actually wield Mjolnir, you can count on one hand. Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Eric Masterson (oops, dead), Cap... Nobody can even pick up the fuggin thing let alone use the darn thing. Everybody and their mother gets a GL ring as long as they're relatively fearless and have willpower. Only the select few worthy can pick up Mjolnir. Gods, Ben Grimm can't even pick up Mjolnir. That thing has serious standards. Which is why Mjolnir could never be put into evil hands.

Which is more powerful? Mjolnir easy. Throw a single GL at a Celestial or Galactus, even Hal Jordan, and he'd have a worse showing than Thor would. I think most people can agree with that much. GL rings eventually run out of power also. And apparently, there's technology that easily absorbs GL energy which the Manhunters and the Controllers use. I've never seen Mjolnir drained of power or its power subverted and used or redirected against Thor. It never punks out on its wielder like the ring does (unless they're not worthy).

GL oath is much cooler than Mjolnir's inscription though.

Trolt
just to ask : Do you have to remotely know how something works in order to create one via ring (ie an automobile)..or do you just kinda wish for one and it's there and functional?

NiņoAraņa
actual GL charging his ring...shhh...crikey watch him go

Originally posted by Rewmac
RECHARGE

In brightest day, in blackest night
no evil shall escape my sight
and those who worship evil's might
Beware my Power...
THE GREEN LANTERN'S LIGHT!

stick out tongue

Soujaboy
hehe

FOOM
The ring can't create Uru.

mighty adam
Originally posted by batdude123
Not Kyle, though. so you wouldn't be kyle. your ring would run out.

mighty adam
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
GL ring is more handy and has more value than Mjolnir for the simple reason that the people who can actually wield Mjolnir, you can count on one hand. Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Eric Masterson (oops, dead), Cap... Nobody can even pick up the fuggin thing let alone use the darn thing. Everybody and their mother gets a GL ring as long as they're relatively fearless and have willpower. Only the select few worthy can pick up Mjolnir. Gods, Ben Grimm can't even pick up Mjolnir. That thing has serious standards. Which is why Mjolnir could never be put into evil hands.

Which is more powerful? Mjolnir easy. Throw a single GL at a Celestial or Galactus, even Hal Jordan, and he'd have a worse showing than Thor would. I think most people can agree with that much. GL rings eventually run out of power also. And apparently, there's technology that easily absorbs GL energy which the Manhunters and the Controllers use. I've never seen Mjolnir drained of power or its power subverted and used or redirected against Thor. It never punks out on its wielder like the ring does (unless they're not worthy).

GL oath is much cooler than Mjolnir's inscription though. you need magic to beat mjolnir loki has done it. your right every one gets a gl ring thats why its not one of a kind your like a space cop when your a gl.

Soujaboy
bump

Blair Wind
GL ring for me

Im MUCH more imaginative than freaking hal or kyle, that baby can do anything shifty make your gf look like jessica alba

rotiart
You don't need to make your gf look like jessica alba... If you have enough willpower.. you can MAKE jessica alba...

Kyle has shown that while it takes more power to do it, you can create constructs that aren't just green....

Imagine that...

I'd like to have the Green ring just for its versatility...
Having the hammer assumes I can fight. And while boxing and wrestling are one thing... swinging a hammer isn't something I've ever trained in.

God. Only problem is if my ring runs out of power.... :/ The hammer never will. I'd go with the ring... I could go to a bank, and deposit 1 million dollars.... big grin

Roldz
+ you can make more ring, raise the dead, heck it can make you a multiversal god, if its combined with the right source of magic...
Id pick the GL ring, although id probably feel good hitting people with a hammer than a punching em, wait you can do that with the ring too.. deffinetly the ring for me...

h1a8
With the ring you can even scan things like amazo and reproduce them or give yourself another's powers.
Thus the ring can even make mjlonir.

Dinkus Mayhem
I am going with Mjlonir, its power is massive and I like the idea of not having to rely on will power.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by h1a8
With the ring you can even scan things like amazo and reproduce them or give yourself another's powers.
Thus the ring can even make mjlonir.

No it can't, unless the oan energy can reproduce magic.

Supreme being
Without a doubt the ring, for those saying but the ring will run out of power think of the things you could do to your body before that ever happens. If its someone with real sense by the time the ring needs recharging they will be a walking Armageddon. Besides if the ring was granted to you wouldn't you be permitted to recharge it as well.

complexbrother
I say the Hammer. (I want one)

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Supreme being
Without a doubt the ring, for those saying but the ring will run out of power think of the things you could do to your body before that ever happens. If its someone with real sense by the time the ring needs recharging they will be a walking Armageddon. Besides if the ring was granted to you wouldn't you be permitted to recharge it as well.

exactly big grin

Soljer
No it can't, unless the oan energy can reproduce magic.

What part of "anything" don't you understand? erm

Soujaboy
What part of "anything" don't you understand? erm

So the Oan energy has actually reproduced magic on Panel? If this is case, what's the big hype over Kyle's ring being magic?

Soujaboy
bump

xmeat
dont know i like to have the hammer and create giant thunderstorms.
But i would like to have the ring and make huc constructs and smash people.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by xmeat

Huc contructs no expression

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by xmeat
The problem is that you couldn't "activate" neither of them.

xmeat
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
The problem is that you couldn't "activate" neither of them. neither could you dumbass.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Mjolnir is strong, very strong. Only worthy people can lift it. Green Lanterns ring can be used good and evil people.

snoopdogg
I don't know which to say is more powerful as they each have some amazing feats. But If I had to choose one I'd pick the ring mainly due to it's versatility and compact features.

leonidas
hmmm . . . shifty

Symmetric Chaos
TehRing fo teh ween!

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
TehRing fo teh ween!

Id take a GL-ring personally.

Tazer

Bentley
I ain't use a ring, its itchy. rather look like a crazy badass and carry a hammer.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bentley
I ain't use a ring, its itchy. rather look like a crazy badass and carry a hammer.

You could make a hammer with a GL ring.

Darth Wolverine
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
You could make a hammer with a GL ring.

But it wouldn't have Odins enchantment, third time this threads been done.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Kyle once made a Daxamite who carried a GL ring. The GL rings can also make other GL rings if i'm not mistaken. In The NAil, Hal Jordan gave batman the strength, invulnerability, and stamina to fight the Superman lvl baddie. There is no need to rewrite your DNA when you can do all of that. There is no power in all of comics under Skyfather that a GL can not replicate. Invisability, Telepathy what ever.

Darth Wolverine
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Kyle once made a Daxamite who carried a GL ring. The GL rings can also make other GL rings if i'm not mistaken. In The NAil, Hal Jordan gave batman the strength, invulnerability, and stamina to fight the Superman lvl baddie. There is no need to rewrite your DNA when you can do all of that. There is no power in all of comics under Skyfather that a GL can not replicate. Invisability, Telepathy what ever.

He's made his own DNA Kryptonian.

No power under Skyfather you say. Who enchanted Mjolnir?
That's right Odin.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Darth Wolverine

No power under Skyfather you say. Who enchanted Mjolnir?
That's right Odin.

Well Cytorakk Enchanted The Juggernaut but it's fair to say, The Juggernaut can be out done.Also when I say kyle made a daxamite, like he created him. Any way, In a str8 up fight of the hammer vs the ring with users, The Ring bearer can do things the hammer cannot. ABsorb planets worth of people, create entire armies of Super beings, and go invisible are just a few I can think of that are out of the hammer's range of power.

Darth Wolverine
Well Cytorakk Enchanted The Juggernaut but it's fair to say, The Juggernaut can be out done.

Not easily in his full eight day form by a green lantern.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Not easily in his full eight day form by a green lantern.

Go back to one of your other avatars/Screen names. I dont like this one.

Darth Wolverine
Go back to one of your other avatars/Screen names. I dont like this one.

I will, bright lad.

Tazer
Yo.

actually, I think Kyle giving himself kryptonian DNA was an i-net rumor since I cant find any quote in that Black Circle -storyline to support it.

Tazer

Soljer
Ring >>> Hammer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.