Odinforce vs. Power Cosmic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soujaboy
Both have infinite lv's of Potential, both extremely dangerous, but in your opinion which is more powerful? which would cause more damage if unleashed to it's full potential? which power would or do you fear most?

Galan777
The Power Cosmic is far superior to the Odinforce

grey fox
Originally posted by Galan777

Bullshit.

Odinforce killed Wolverine.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by grey fox
Bullshit.

Odinforce killed Wolverine.

laughing

Soljer

At it's penultimate? I'll agree.

lando005
power cosmic

Galan777
Bullshit.

Odinforce killed Wolverine. Please tell me your joking confused

Soujaboy

how so?

Galan777
Originally posted by Soujaboy
how so? Look at Galactus.......... and then look at Odin or RKT....

grey fox
Please tell me your joking confused

No it vaporised that sucker.

Galan777
No it vaporised that sucker. and that means what?????

Milkie
Power Cosmic

Odinforce has too many limits

Soujaboy
Look at Galactus.......... and then look at Odin or RKT....

I know I've seen. I've seen Galactus devour planets, while on the other hand I've seen Odin cause shokwaves throughout the multi-verse. I've seen RKT literally speak a skyfather out of existence, while on the other hand I've seen Galactus although weak fall to Thor.

The Odinforce has some uber feats as does the power cosmic, thus the reason for this thread.

Milkie
and that means what?????

It converted him into Vapor

Soljer
I know I've seen. I've seen Galactus devour planets, while on the other hand I've seen Odin cause shokwaves throughout the multi-verse. I've seen RKT literally speak a skyfather out of existence, while on the other hand I've seen Galactus although weak fall to Thor.

The Odinforce has some uber feats as does the power cosmic, thus the reason for this thread.

But, at their best, a being like Odin would never be able to stand up to Galactus.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Milkie
Power Cosmic

Odinforce has too many limits

What limits? it has been described as having an infinite amount of power.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Soljer
But, at their best, a being like Odin would never be able to stand up to Galactus.

Galactus has never really been displayed at his"best".

grey fox
and that means what?????

It means Wolverines Skeleton was devoid of flesh...and he actually died !

.....Of course the fact that the Skeleton was subsequently melted into a pile of slag mustn't of helped.

Soujaboy

.....Of course the fact that the Skeleton was subsequently melted into a pile of slag mustn't of helped.

cool

Milkie
What limits? it has been described as having an infinite amount of power.

With limits...

Soujaboy
With limits...

explain

Galan777

.....Of course the fact that the Skeleton was subsequently melted into a pile of slag mustn't of helped. My question is:

What the hell does Wolvie getting killed have to do with this debate?

Soljer
Galactus has never really been displayed at his"best".

Uhh...yes he has, by definition.

I didn't say at his maximum potential, I said at his best. His best showings. His top feats. A skyfather is nothing to a being like Galactus. Odin is one of the most powerful skyfathers, but he's still a skyfather.

grey fox
My question is:

What the hell does Wolvie getting killed have to do with this debate?

Well considering i've never seen a PC user kill Wolvie...yet an OF user has.... shifty

Galan777

The Odinforce has some uber feats as does the power cosmic, thus the reason for this thread. So now skyfathers like Odin and RKT can beat Galactus? roll eyes (sarcastic)

lando005
simple terms your comparing a god to a titain

titains>gods

Milkie
explain

no expression

Soujaboy
So now skyfathers like Odin and RKT can beat Galactus? roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, but they wont be defeated so easily. Galactus himself has stated that magic is his number one weakness, due to the fact that he does not understand it. Just ask Cyttorak how he fared against Galactus, the proof is in the pudding.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by lando005

titains>gods

Thanos isn't > Odin stick out tongue

Galan777
No, but they wont be defeated so easily. Galactus himself has stated that magic is his number one weakness, due to the fact that he does not understand it. Just ask Cyttorak how he fared against Galactus, the proof is in the pudding. You dont think Cytorrak is more powerful then Odin or RKT?

Milkie

titains>gods

The gods reigned over the titans... no expression

lando005
Thanos isn't > Odin stick out tongue mythologicly speaking

Stupid Rookie
You dont think Cytorrak is more powerful then Odin or RKT?

I agee with Galan, Cytorrak is way above Odin.

Also, Galactus beats Odin

lando005
The gods reigned over the titans... no expression the titans gave birth to the gods and ruled over them at first

Soujaboy
You dont think Cytorrak is more powerful then Odin or RKT?

Feat wise no. The only true difference beyween the two is that Cyttorak is incarcerated in his own realm, while Odin is free in his own, but no according to feats Odin's strength is possibly on par with Cyttoraks.

Milkie
the titans gave birth to the gods and ruled over them at first

I know but they were not good enough to defeat them during the War of The Titans

Priest
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
I agee with Galan, Cytorrak is way above Odin.
What the f**k?

Galan777
Feat wise no. The only true difference beyween the two is that Cyttorak is incarcerated in his own realm, while Odin is free in his own, but no according to feats Odin's strength is possibly on par with Cyttoraks. But this still dosent mean Odin can beat Galactus.......

When the hell did skyfathers become on par with Galactus anyway?

Priest
But this still dosent mean Odin can beat Galactus.......

When the hell did skyfathers become on par with Galactus anyway?
wayyyyy back in the day the concidered eac other as peers

Galan777
Lets look at the current versions........... how I have understood it is:

A higher level Herald=skyfather level

Big G is FAR superior to that IMO

Priest
Lets look at the current versions........... how I have understood it is:

A higher level Herald=skyfather level

Big G is FAR superior to that IMO
Wat high level heard is equal to skyfather?

Galan777
Originally posted by Priest
Wat high level heard is equal to skyfather? I thought Someone like Morg or current Surfer would be, correct me if I'm wrong

Priest
I thought Someone like Morg or current Surfer would be, correct me if I'm wrong
dout surfer could put up a fight against Thanos, even in his current state..
Morg isnent a skyfather either, surfer would beat his ass without WOL.

Galan777
Thanks for clearing that up

but I still maintain that in a battle Odin is nothing to Galactus...

so:

Power cosmic>Odinforce IMO

Priest
Thanks for clearing that up

but I still maintain that in a battle Odin is nothing to Galactus...

so:

Power cosmic>Odinforce IMO
I would love to see a hungry galactus vs Odin.

darthgoober
Odin's energy combined with the rest of the Asgardians wasn't enough to take a Celestial. Galactus can take a Celestial alone.

Power Cosmic>Odin Force

However, there are occasions when the Odin Force can be better suited for the task at hand. One of the weaknesses of the PC, is it's inability to use magic. So in instances when magic is nessesary, the Odin Force is better to have.

tru-marvell
I thougt the OF was a combination of magic and pc...

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by Priest
dout surfer could put up a fight against Thanos, even in his current state..
Morg isnent a skyfather either, surfer would beat his ass without WOL.
Agreed, Surfer is not at Odin's level. SS got punked by Odin once before. I think he should have lasted longer based on power and ability, and he might last longer now with his upgrade, but he would stll lose to every skyfather. G is a different story.

As was earlier stated, all of Asguard couldn't take a Celestial, and I put G pretty much on par with Celestials. Even if he is a little weaker than one I don't see the Odin force as beating PC.

Also in reragrd to Cytorak, didn't Thor try to use a godblast on Juggs and Juggs shrugged it off?

Soujaboy
I thought Someone like Morg or current Surfer would be, correct me if I'm wrong

Never, will any Herald be able to take on Odin. Odin has once before proven this when he one shotted the Surfer. Considering Thor is considered a high herald lv character I don't understand why you would believe Surfer=Odin?

You also must remember that Skyfather is just a title, meaning that all skyfathers aren't peers in power. For example Odin, and Zeus are both skyfathers yet Odin is considered to be more powerful due to his uber feats.

manjaro
this might be a little mundane, but i view it in terms of what is their more of.......one comes from odin and one resonates throught the entire universe

Soujaboy
Originally posted by manjaro
this might be a little mundane, but i view it in terms of what is their more of.......one comes from odin and one resonates throught the entire universe

I thought the power Cosmic was Galactus sole power source?

manjaro
more or less it is its just that he draws it from all corners of the universe....the power cosmic is a combination of the ambient energies floating in the universe, energy from starlight, and from other dimensions...how one gets it to manipulate matter is anyone's guess, but that's what i understand it to be... the odinforce seems to be mystical energies that Odin syntesizes from some etheral planes...maybe even more than one, but it is divine in nature.

Grimm22
Galactus is the biggest pimp in the galaxy no expression

In fact as punishment for betraying him, Big G took away Surfer's shorts as well as some "other" things shifty

trolly_crouchjr
id say a better match would be Magic vs Power Cosmic

Milkie
Magic

Roldz
Yeah PC should be above the OF, if a herald of Galactus sampled and manipulated the Odin force, Galactus himself should be able to accomplish somethin more.. PC is limitless since its energy source is found throughout the entire Universe, OF powerfull and might equal in destructive nature w/ PC but is not limitless. King Thor himself said it has limits (Marvel End Mini).....

roughrider
Originally posted by darthgoober
Odin's energy combined with the rest of the Asgardians wasn't enough to take a Celestial. Galactus can take a Celestial alone.

Power Cosmic>Odin Force

However, there are occasions when the Odin Force can be better suited for the task at hand. One of the weaknesses of the PC, is it's inability to use magic. So in instances when magic is nessesary, the Odin Force is better to have.

Generally agree with this assesment.

It's like this:

Odin/King Thor defeats or stalemates a top herald, like Silver Surfer.
Odin/King Thor loses or manages a stalemate against Galactus (depending upon G's energy level at the time.)

Now, Rune King Thor = Galactus ( quite likely)

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Roldz
Yeah PC should be above the OF, if a herald of Galactus sampled and manipulated the Odin force, Galactus himself should be able to accomplish somethin more.. PC is limitless since its energy source is found throughout the entire Universe, OF powerfull and might equal in destructive nature w/ PC but is not limitless. King Thor himself said it has limits (Marvel End Mini).....

Which Herald did this?

I was under the impression that Galactus absorbes energy, planets, etc to fule the power cosmic, and not just outright absorb the power cosmic itself?

Is the Marvel end mini cannon?

Of course the OdinForce would have it's limits with a novice user controlling it. However under the control of Odin or RKT it has been described as being an infinite power.

and for those who have stated that this should be magic vs the power cosmic, you should know that the Odinforce is magic.

Priest
I accually belive that Odin Power is the most powerful magic when weilded by RKT

Roldz
Which Herald did this?

I was under the impression that Galactus absorbes energy, planets, etc to fule the power cosmic, and not just outright absorb the power cosmic itself?

Is the Marvel end mini cannon?

Of course the OdinForce would have it's limits with a novice user controlling it. However under the control of Odin or RKT it has been described as being an infinite power.

and for those who have stated that this should be magic vs the power cosmic, you should know that the Odinforce is magic.

SS sampled and synthesized the Odin Force, Odin was also present when this happened and warned SS that if found out the godz would not be happy and punishment would be invoke.. This happened in Starmaster when both Odin/SS remade BRB...

Marvel end is cannon, the reason why non remembers it is ofcourse by Thanos hands not even some abstract are aware of it..

Roldz
I quess Galactus prefers to absorbs biospheric energies but his herald has absorb energies from the cosmos both SS and Nova has done it not in the present of a intinite star/sun but rather the energies present around them..

There is very little knowledge of Galactus full absorbtion capabilities...

bigbran
People, you do realize, that only ODIN should be considered in this thread? Unless we are adding the Odin Force, and the Rune magic...

Even that isn't enough to take out Galactus.

Plus, isn't Eternity cosmic?

OneDumbG0
Marvel: Annihilation has some interesting takes on the Power Cosmic. Thanos studies it and describes it as more than just the collection of ambient energies in the universe. That take is very analagous to the Power of the Guardians in DC, collected ambient willpower.

Thanos describes the Power Cosmic as life force or that which powers all life. It sounds generic, but very fundamental to MU. It doesn't seem like a power that one sole being could ever wield, like the Power Gem, or the Odinforce or the Phoenix Force. It doesn't sound like Galactus owns the Power Cosmic. He's just the foremost user and manipulator of it. Odinforce to my understanding, is the penultimate magic wielded by Odin. Personally, I wouldn't place Odinforce users very far down on the power scale. I mean, Mjolnir alone has managed to hurt Celestials and stagger a weakened Galactus. Mjolnir is like a small fraction of Odinforce in scale like the Silver Surfer is a fraction of Galactus' power Cosmic.

Personally, although it probably never happened and wouldn't happen, if Galactus attacked Asgard, I think an unfettered Odinforce user would seriously mess up Galactus and any of his heralds. Sure, Odin hasn't had great showings and the Destroyer has been perceived as the ultimate weapon of Odin against the Celestials, but we know now that the Destroyer was nothing compared to the unfettered might of the Odinforce and that Odin never really abused the Odinforce like King Thor did.

I don't know too much about Cytorrak. Is he one of the Vishanti? Or is he separate? Anybody know? For someone who does know, how does the power of the Vishanti hold up?

Soujaboy
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Marvel: Annihilation has some interesting takes on the Power Cosmic. Thanos studies it and describes it as more than just the collection of ambient energies in the universe. That take is very analagous to the Power of the Guardians in DC, collected ambient willpower.

Thanos describes the Power Cosmic as life force or that which powers all life. It sounds generic, but very fundamental to MU. It doesn't seem like a power that one sole being could ever wield, like the Power Gem, or the Odinforce or the Phoenix Force. It doesn't sound like Galactus owns the Power Cosmic. He's just the foremost user and manipulator of it. Odinforce to my understanding, is the penultimate magic wielded by Odin. Personally, I wouldn't place Odinforce users very far down on the power scale. I mean, Mjolnir alone has managed to hurt Celestials and stagger a weakened Galactus. Mjolnir is like a small fraction of Odinforce in scale like the Silver Surfer is a fraction of Galactus' power Cosmic.

Personally, although it probably never happened and wouldn't happen, if Galactus attacked Asgard, I think an unfettered Odinforce user would seriously mess up Galactus and any of his heralds. Sure, Odin hasn't had great showings and the Destroyer has been perceived as the ultimate weapon of Odin against the Celestials, but we know now that the Destroyer was nothing compared to the unfettered might of the Odinforce and that Odin never really abused the Odinforce like King Thor did.

I don't know too much about Cytorrak. Is he one of the Vishanti? Or is he separate? Anybody know? For someone who does know, how does the power of the Vishanti hold up?

We mustn't forget that Thanos also stated that their are greater or equal power sources in the universe as well, but which and what are they?

I hated King Thor really, he was a punk who had no idea what he was doing with his fathers power. Good read, but horrible display of power from Thor's part.

Soujaboy
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.