Will's Promise

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shannstar79
Last night I was watching DMC when Will promises that he will not rest until this blade(the knife that his father gave him) peirces the heart of Davy Jones/ he didnt say who would be doing the pericing (holding the kife)
do you think this is sort of forshadowing, or what I mean is unless we have a conformatiuon that Will does in fact stabs the heart, then this promise he made is usless, anyone could stab the heart according to that quote: who else would find it necessary to stab the heart, Will is the only one who has made that promise. anyway what do you guys think. I am just so overwhelmed with facts, spoilers, rumors, help me out anyone, LovleyOne, havent seen you on here all day so far sad

lovethemtigers
Good point, Shannstar.....I think it is foreshadowing Will stabbing the heart with that knife...remember too...."i intend to keep my promise"...."i keep the promises I make"....I think it will be him...because his father gave it to him and he's not going to let anyone else have that knife....

shannstar79
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
Good point, Shannstar.....I think it is foreshadowing Will stabbing the heart with that knife...remember too...."i intend to keep my promise"...."i keep the promises I make"....I think it will be him...because his father gave it to him and he's not going to let anyone else have that knife....

very true lovethemtigers
his father did give him the knife so I agree he wouldnt let anyone else have it

PROOF...

In COTBP Will was terribly mad at Liz for taking the Medallion his FATHER gave to him
so case in point if his father gave it to him, he dosent want ANYONE else to even touch it more than likley!

Swann&Sparrow
That's very interesting...

You know, when that scene came up, I was so happy that Will would finaly get a moment of redemption {And that Orlando Bloom could finally have a moment of GOOD ACTING} but I was hugely dissapointed when the scene was done.

I know alot of people here are Orlando fans, sorry for this {please don't beat me up}.

I hate Orlando, I don't really like his acting {Though I loved him in ElizabethTown} or his way of speach or anything about him. He doesn't even look good in my perspective.

And when Will was taking to his father, all I heard was a breathy, girly voice. SERIOUSLY, he's so girl-sounding-like. And that didn't help my view of the Unuich.

Now I just think he was never a 'Man' in the first place, honestly, was he BORN a girl?

Lol, sorry for hating Orly, sorry for hating Will. I just had to say that. Sorry.

Chiki Mina
WIll said he keeps his promises. I bet in AWE when the time comes to stab the heart, he will remember what he said to his father. That he will promise to stab davey to set his papa free.

Jack of Blades
I think its ment as the knife will stab Davys heart but it doesent have to be only will to do it.meybe i dont know elizabet or jack will do it

Chiki Mina
whoever stabs it will become to next flying dutchman. Tia saw that destiny in Will. Anybody cannot just stab the heart.

shannstar79
Originally posted by Jack of Blades
I think its ment as the knife will stab Davys heart but it doesent have to be only will to do it.meybe i dont know elizabet or jack will do it

Why would Jack or Liz even think about stabbing the heart, they have no reson to that I know of. Will is the only one who has a destiny to furfill, per Tia Dalms, also he is keeping a promise to his father, I cant think of another character that would have a reason to stab the heart ?

willofthewisp
Not to be nit-picky, but where did we learn that whoever stabs the heart takes Davy's place? Was that in the movie? It's been a while since I saw it.

If they stay true to that line, either one of two things will happen:
1. Will is the one who stabs the heart
2. or he dies trying

And really, one is as likely as the other.

Chiki Mina
I think someone posted that TEd/Terry said that whoever stabs the heart dies or becomes the next captain. I have no idea if Ted/Terry said it or who posted this.

Jack of Blades
Well meybe it will be like this
Will-ah Liz*cough*stab his heart while he still vulnurable
Liz-*stabs the heart*
Davy-Nooooo*Colapses*and dies
jack-Well That was interesting

LovelyOne
Its him..trust meh. Will is going to stab the heart.

Will HAS stabbed the heart wink

Jack of Blades
http://www.nbc30.com/2006/0920/9894800_200X150.jpg

Chiki Mina
here we go with the random pics again....

LovelyOne
I dont think..I am all knowing stick out tongue...jkz

willofthewisp
So who said whoever stabs the heart takes Davy's place? Unless it says that in the movie, that's not really dependable information. We've seen how vague T&T are.

shannstar79
I totally hope so lovleyOne, Will has to stab the heart or I have no clus what will happenin this movie

willofthewisp
True that would be the best person to do it, but taking places? Wouldn't it make as much sense to just end it and everyone on there is back to normal or dies? I just wonder if Bootstrap will die.

shannstar79
Originally posted by willofthewisp
True that would be the best person to do it, but taking places? Wouldn't it make as much sense to just end it and everyone on there is back to normal or dies? I just wonder if Bootstrap will die.

I wondered about Bootstrap as well, and if he dosent, how will the peel all those sea creatures off of him laughing

Chiki Mina
my question what wil happen to bootstrap...he will be by himself.

mss_mira
Originally posted by shannstar79
Last night I was watching DMC when Will promises that he will not rest until this blade(the knife that his father gave him) peirces the heart of Davy Jones/ he didnt say who would be doing the pericing (holding the kife)
do you think this is sort of forshadowing, or what I mean is unless we have a conformatiuon that Will does in fact stabs the heart, then this promise he made is usless, anyone could stab the heart according to that quote: who else would find it necessary to stab the heart, Will is the only one who has made that promise. anyway what do you guys think. I am just so overwhelmed with facts, spoilers, rumors, help me out anyone, LovleyOne, havent seen you on here all day so far sad
ok but didnt the writers say that norrington's sword played a role in the whole destiny thing, i was under the impression that his would be the one to stabe the heart. am i wrong?

Chiki Mina
I dont think so... Norrington is one of the characters of POTC but not one of the main (dont shoot me sailorleo) . The destiny is in Will, maybe he will use norringtosn sword..?? Though I doubt, bc his dad gave him a knife to begin with for a purpose.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by mss_mira
ok but didnt the writers say that norrington's sword played a role in the whole destiny thing, i was under the impression that his would be the one to stabe the heart. am i wrong?
norringtons sword? was this on the beach where it was supposed to play a part?

cuz I noticed something there.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by willofthewisp
So who said whoever stabs the heart takes Davy's place? Unless it says that in the movie, that's not really dependable information. We've seen how vague T&T are.

I'm not basing what I say on T&T's "info"

Chiki Mina
i have been online in here for 2 hours..and forgot about it lol

ok back to topic sorry.

Well, im not sure about that info in norries sword. But somehow i dont believe it has nothing to do with it.

Surreal_44
Ted has said that Norrington's sword has a bit of destiny...the so-called 'Turner Sword'...the one made by Will for Norrington's promotion. It has a bit of destiny to it.

Which makes sense, since it had quite a bit of air time in CotBP for a sword....and Beckett had it in DMC.

My thoughts are that one of three things will happen with the sword:

1. Norrington (or someone) uses it to stab Davy Jones' heart.

2. Norrington uses it to kill Beckett and/or Mercer, thus avenging Gov. Swann's death.

3. When Elizabeth steals it from him and tries to stab it with him, the piercing of this 'blade of honor' will remind him of who he is and what he believes in.

Those are in order of my preferences, and the last two are based solely on the leaked script, which has probably changed a lot since I read it. big grin A gal can always hope, though. cool

As for Will, I am not sure he is going to stab the heart of DJ. It seems too easy, too simple and so obvious...not only that, but just how the writers have lined up nearly every main character (and Norrington is a main character) to stab the heart makes it that much less likely.

Sorry, LovelyOne. I know you have a script, but I don't know much about it, when you received it or who you received it from, so therefore, I find it suspicious and unlikely.

This is not to say that YOU are being dishonest; I'm just not sure I trust your source. For all we know, what you have read has been revised a dozen times over and isn't even remotely similar to what you have. smile

Mistypirate
Gosh how hard is it to understand?

Dear Will is going to stab the heart of DJ (HINTS IN DMC). He is going to become immortal, become a fish face, and be the Capt. of the Flying Alligator Machine. I though that line from the blooper reel was hilarious. I Love my Johnny smile

savvysparrow
Originally posted by Surreal_44
Ted has said that Norrington's sword has a bit of destiny...the so-called 'Turner Sword'...the one made by Will for Norrington's promotion. It has a bit of destiny to it.

Which makes sense, since it had quite a bit of air time in CotBP for a sword....and Beckett had it in DMC.

My thoughts are that one of three things will happen with the sword:

1. Norrington (or someone) uses it to stab Davy Jones' heart.

2. Norrington uses it to kill Beckett and/or Mercer, thus avenging Gov. Swann's death.

3. When Elizabeth steals it from him and tries to stab it with him, the piercing of this 'blade of honor' will remind him of who he is and what he believes in.

Those are in order of my preferences, and the last two are based solely on the leaked script, which has probably changed a lot since I read it. big grin A gal can always hope, though. cool

As for Will, I am not sure he is going to stab the heart of DJ. It seems too easy, too simple and so obvious...not only that, but just how the writers have lined up nearly every main character (and Norrington is a main character) to stab the heart makes it that much less likely.

Sorry, LovelyOne. I know you have a script, but I don't know much about it, when you received it or who you received it from, so therefore, I find it suspicious and unlikely.

This is not to say that YOU are being dishonest; I'm just not sure I trust your source. For all we know, what you have read has been revised a dozen times over and isn't even remotely similar to what you have. smile

Actually, I agree in that I think it is Norrington who takes his revenge against Beckett. He essentially makes Elizabeth a promise in the leaked script, and if he had not met his tragic demise after releasing her, he would have followed through. So, hopefully since we know his character redeems himself, this will be it's destiny.

Though, have you looked at the DMC game on the official site recently. It says that Elizabeth's sword has a bit of a history of it's own. It says that it once killed a man, or perhaps it was the owner that pierced the man's heart. Or something like that, it's worded better on the site.

Pirates life fo
Originally posted by Swann&Sparrow

You know, when that scene came up, I was so happy that Will would finaly get a moment of redemption {And that Orlando Bloom could finally have a moment of GOOD ACTING} but I was hugely dissapointed when the scene was done.

I know alot of people here are Orlando fans, sorry for this {please don't beat me up}.

I hate Orlando, I don't really like his acting {Though I loved him in ElizabethTown} or his way of speach or anything about him. He doesn't even look good in my perspective.

And when Will was taking to his father, all I heard was a breathy, girly voice. SERIOUSLY, he's so girl-sounding-like. And that didn't help my view of the Unuich.

Now I just think he was never a 'Man' in the first place, honestly, was he BORN a girl?

Lol, sorry for hating Orly, sorry for hating Will. I just had to say that. Sorry.

Ok I have to post something on this. Are you 12 years old? WE GET IT ALREADY!!!!! Jesus dont you know how to shut up about not liking Will or Orlando? We understood it the first time you said it. You dont need to beat it into our heads in each thread!. I havent been replying to any posts lately because they ALL turn out the same way. I hate Orlando/Will from you or J/E from everyone else. Can anyone here start an intelligent thread without these two things saturating them?!?

savvysparrow
Originally posted by Pirates life fo
Ok I have to post something on this. Are you 12 years old? WE GET IT ALREADY!!!!! Jesus dont you know how to shut up about not liking Will or Orlando? We understood it the first time you said it. You dont need to beat it into our heads in each thread!. I havent been replying to any posts lately because they ALL turn out the same way. I hate Orlando/Will from you or J/E from everyone else. Can anyone here start an intelligent thread without these two things saturating them?!?

Ok, point taken. You might have presented it in a way that's a little more constructive or at least more kindly to the person stating her opinion. smile

Not every one here bashes or hates Will; many people have written in more than one thread how much they love the character and or Orlando. Also, not every topic if staturated with J/E, just most of them. That's what the bulk of the people here find interesting. Or at least the bulk of the people who post on a regular basis. There's a lot to be said on that topic because it was left so unresolved despite what people on both sides of the camp believe.

With that said and out of the way, why don't you start an intelligent topic of discussion? Unfortunately, a lot of the topics do involve J/E because that was a lot of DMC. Everything intertwines with one another. But, I promise that if you start said topic that I'll refrain from mentioning it so long as it doesn't apply. Agreed?

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by Swann&Sparrow

I totally agree with this post, Swann and Sparrow. I do not particularly care for Orlando Bloom, either. I actually consider him to be quite ugly, myself. He looks do no appeal to me at all. I think he is funny in the bloopers, though. Anyways...I just really think Will is a very weak character, IMO. So I sure hope he stabs the heart. wink

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
I totally agree with this post, Swann and Sparrow. I do not particularly care for Orlando Bloom, either. I actually consider him to be quite ugly, myself. He looks do no appeal to me at all. I think he is funny in the bloopers, though. Anyways...I just really think Will is a very weak character, IMO. So I sure hope he stabs the heart. wink

Sorry, Pirates' Life fo .....I didn't mean to be rude....I was just agreeing.

Edit my last POST>

LovelyOne
Lovethemtigers..he laughs like a woman in those bloopers lol.

Surreal44
Norrington does not stab the heart...Will stabs the heart. I'm not gonna explain how I know he does it but these are the logical reasons:

1. There is no indication what so ever that Norrington is going to do it in DMC. He does show that he may redeem himself in movie 3..but this time he'll do it for real rather than faking it.

2. Will has been set up in a number of ways to stab the heart in DMC. If he didnt then people would look back at DMC and say "HUH?" with a blank stare. Its not just a set up so we can be tricked..Its like a whole destiny set up, plot points revolve around it like where Will crossed step 5 and agreed to save his father no matter what.

I can understand. You dont have to believe me. I may be wrong. but certain things I know of suggest its not fake.

lovethemtigers
Yes...I hadn't thought about Norrington's sword that Will made for him that was a gift from Gov. Swann...very interesting....but I'll stick to my guns, I believe all the clues and symbolisms, etc...point to Will stabbing the heart....

I sure hope Norrington does redeem himself. I always thought it would be cool for Jack and Norrie to end up friends....I just love the Norrington character....Next to Jack and Liz..next favorite is Norrie and then Mr. Gibbs.

and yes, Lovely...Orlie does laugh like a girl...that's why I love "something there" vid that shows Will whenever it's Mrs. Potts turn to sing...

"have you met William Turner, excellent soprano, worth at least four souls...."

"you're not a eunich are you?"

"snip, snip, eunichy, eunichy"....

Oh I love when Jack picks on poor old Willl

LovelyOne
LMFAO^^

..also when he laughs he sort of brushes his hair away from his face like a right little girl.

The thing I spot with Norrie and Will's swords is different. Its on the Ilsand scene. Jack's is the one pointing to Liz. Norri and Will's are across her as if blocking Jack off in a X shape

They both join up in movie 3 with the EITC no? against Jack

calypso
Wavern came out of the hull in DMC and said something like "the flying dutchman needs a captain and the captain needs a heart. Whomever has the heart is the captain". After he said that he went back into the wall.

IMO this is a parallel with what Jack did in COTBP when he took one of the coins, got stabbed, became un-dead, etc. (you know the rest)

Will is thinking how he can accomplish stabbing the heart and staying alive too. IMO this is were Tia comes into play. She either lifts the curse or she has to do something to try and redeem herself so when The Brethren come together they will lift the curse on her.

I just had a thought, maybe Orlando's comment about "getting the girl"
was not too far off the mark. Did he say what girl. And if he winds up with Tia, does that mean that Jack/Liz don't?

Mistypirate

With all your respect, I believe that everyone here is entitled to their own opinions. I agree that sometimes people get a bit out of control and used harsh words towards a character. But just the way you stated it, it kind of suggest that you believe everyone here is the same. We are intelligent people capable of debating different kind of threads. And no, not everything that is posted here is I hate Will/Orlando or J/E are going to have a lovely dovey ending related. Because people here have different kinds of opinions and is our job to respect them. We do not believe the same.

LovelyOne
I was only joking with my responses. I do actually like Orlando Bloom. I just dont find the character of Will interesting. I'm sorry I just dont look at PotC and think "Will makes this so great" he's not a reason why I am a fan of PotC. I liked Elizabeth in 1, Norington and Jack..but Will? I just didnt get it.

But Yeah Orlando's cool even before I didnt like the character of Will I would poke fun at his feminine ways cuz I thought it was cute. Have you seen Orlando on V Graham Norton? that was SO hilarious. They showed him the goings on of the In-bloom message board. and he has his like girlie laugh and its rather sweet. smile And i poked fan at that too. But I said he could pull it off.

earlier on I went off on a rant because I was thinking back to the fans of The will character actually being happy about Jack's character being hurt etc. not that it gets to me in a personal way. Just that they watch PotC and dont like the character of JS..its like "WHAT?" It doesnt make sense. Jack Sparrow makes PotC what it is. If he wasnt there then Orlando and Keira wouldnt be able to pull this movie off on their own..It would be like the "Haunted Mansion" or something

evilm0nki3
Whats that in your sig LovelyOne?

LovelyOne
stick out tongue..I wont say here I'll PM it if you want?

evilm0nki3
oh ok hehe

yeah pm mebig grin

Mistypirate
I believe people can say what ever they want, I mean whatever they feel towards a character is their business. Some people might agree and others might not. Pirates life fo is a cool guy, I agree and disagree on what he said, I mean the person that posted it made her point clear the first time, thats how she feels let her be merry but I just didn't like the way he expressed himself towards this forum. It suggested that everyone here was the same and that every single thread had something to do with I hate Will/orli and J/E. Everybody knows that's not true. I really like Orlando Bloom, it doesn't mean that I like his character I believe that Will's character is boring and non of the Pirates movies would pull it off without Jack's character. Exactly Jack Sparrow is POTC everybody knows that. big grin You take out Orli, some people might be disappointed, specially the Orli fans. But his character is not that essential. Any POTC movie will survive without him. I would do really good at the box office. But take out Johnny or Keira, the movie will not do well.

sailorleo
Originally posted by LovelyOne
stick out tongue..I wont say here I'll PM it if you want? OMG! cabin boy! I LOVE THAT MOVIE! Haven't seen it in ages!!!!!!!!!!

Swann&Sparrow
For your information Pirates life fo, I AM 19 YEARS OLD. I don't think your views are very invited in other threads either, I say what I say, and if you have a problem with it then mail me instead of having to add a pointless hate post on this thread.

I find your comment mean and hurtful, yes sometimes I'm imature, sometimes I find myself saying things best left unsaid. Does that give you the right to demeen my character? The right out right call me a 12 year old?

I'm doing my best not to swear at you or send you lots and lots of hate mail, and if you were a lurker THEN STAY ONE IF YOU CAN'T BE NICER TO THE PEOPLE OF THIS FORUM!!!!

I can honestly say that I feel degraded and outraged at your comment, it's very hurtful to here such things, and this has to stop. DID I MAKE A PERSONAL ATTACK ON YOU?! NO, I DIDN'T!!!!!

I know that I have stated my burning hatred for Orli/Unuich many times before, but is that a reason to insult me so? No, it isn't, yet you did...why? Maybe you're the one being immature and acting like a 12 year old.

DIDN'T SOME ONE TELL YOU THAT IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING NICE DON'T SAY SOMETHING AT ALL?! I simply stated how I felt about that particular scene and yes alittle more than that. But that does NOT give you the right to attack me personally, the least you could've done was be a little nicer.

I hope you're happy, I feel like the lowest, dirtiest, tiniest speck of dirt on your shoe.

sailorleo
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
I dont think so... Norrington is one of the characters of POTC but not one of the main (dont shoot me sailorleo) . The destiny is in Will, maybe he will use norringtosn sword..?? Though I doubt, bc his dad gave him a knife to begin with for a purpose. you clemency, fr now...*evil laugh*

LovelyOne
Pirates Life Fo. Its not fair to tell us all off for going on and on about J/E laughing out loud there are 2 very important factors here:

1. we are mostly female and you know what females are like when it comes to romance in a movie..its our top fave thing laughing out loud

2. We dont all know what you know about PotC sad so there isnt much to talk about besides J/E(which is one of the largest themes in DMC) and some other things like..Norrington and his part in DMC ..characters like Davy Jones don't interest many people on here so there is a lack of other discussions on the board. I'm sure if there were more males around here, there would be many other themed threads...possibly more interesting ones about the ships, the sword fighting, the action scenes etc..

but the board is overrun with females. Mainly teenage females..so J/E is probably gonna remain a top talking point for many a year to come

smile

sailorleo
Pirates Life Fo. Its not fair to tell us all off for going on and on about J/E laughing out loud there are 2 very important factors here:

1. we are mostly female and you know what females are like when it comes to romance in a movie..its our top fave thing laughing out loud

2. We dont all know what you know about PotC sad so there isnt much to talk about besides J/E(which is one of the largest themes in DMC) and some other things like..Norrington and his part in DMC ..characters like Davy Jones don't interest many people on here so there is a lack of other discussions on the board. I'm sure if there were more males around here, there would be many other themed threads...possibly more interesting ones about the ships, the sword fighting, the action scenes etc..

but the board is overrun with females. Mainly teenage females..so J/E is probably gonna remain a top talking point for many a year to come

smile and more importantly us chicas stick together....we're like the mafia, but with doilies on our tommy's...

LovelyOne
Swan&Sparrow I don't think low of you and I don't think anyone does smile

----------------

Also I just realised that I don't really know why I am so wrapped up in J/E. I'm not usually the type of movie goer to get SO hooked on the love aspect of a story.. This is like the first time ever...I NEVER used to be like this.. I used to be like the girl who loved all the CG and the action scenes...whats happened to me! I'm turning into a chick flick lover..I watched Pride and Prejudice yesterday..and I LIKED it sick

*runs away screaming!*

What has J/E done to me!

sailorleo
Swan&Sparrow I don't think low of you and I don't think anyone does smile

----------------

Also I just realised that I don't really know why I am so wrapped up in J/E. I'm not usually the type of movie goer to get SO hooked on the love aspect of a story.. This is like the first time ever...I NEVER used to be like this.. I used to be like the girl who loved all the CG and the action scenes...whats happened to me! I'm turning into a chick flick lover..I watched Pride and Prejudice yesterday..and I LIKED it sick

*runs away screaming!*

What has J/E done to me! *points and laughs* that's ok...before pirates...and jack davenport, i hated the british, no offence all ya'll brits outta there....i love you guys now...infact im not sure why i disliked them in the first place... confused

LovelyOne
because we are snobs no? You wanna see that fnyy interview with Orlando Bloom? I have it saved to my youtube account thing

sailorleo
because we are snobs no? You wanna see that fnyy interview with Orlando Bloom? I have it saved to my youtube account thing uh sure...you were talking to moi right?

LovelyOne
yeah LOL

its from V graham Norton (british TV show laughing out loud )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujlG4U4xVu0

Mistypirate
Si when it comes to romantic movies us females are attracted to those kind of things. We are like, head first when it comes to romance. And the J/L aspect was a very important thing in DMC, us chicas find all those stories fascinating. I have a whole bunch of romance novels, I'm a fool for those kind of things. And the J/L thing is interesting to debate I mean thats the only thing we know that fascinates us. Because, I don't know anything about sword fighting, battle ships ect. Don't get me wrong I love sports and being in law enforcement I had to learn how to use firearms.
I kind of understand Pirates life fo, because almost every thread he clicks he sees something J/L related. But not everything we post here has to do with the J/L relationship, and when he asked swannnsparrow if she was 12 yrs old. He went a little bit to far with those comments
I mean but he is welcome,if he wants to share his ideas about the movie, I'm up to discuss anything. And we are intelligent enough to start a thread not J/L related.

sailorleo
yeah LOL

its from V graham Norton (british TV show laughing out loud )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujlG4U4xVu0 ZOMG! *dies laughing*

LovelyOne
Pirates life fo. I'm sorry if I've been annoying with my constant J/E chat..the main reason I'm so obsessed is because lots of DMC is very J/E orientated so this means there's lots of deeper meaning/themes expressed with mise en scene ..and I just love discussing it here and looking for it(cuz of my subject).. There's alot of Will/future hints too.

misty I agree. J/E is he biggest theme in Potc DMC the main plot twist revolves around them both, meaning that the movie was building up to it so it was very J/E focused

sailorleo..I bet you don't know what the word: "minger" means? :lol

Mistypirate
Oh my freaking god, that was so funny. I had never seen that vid before, thank you.

Mistypirate
What does "minger" means? confused thats like fooling around or something like that right?

LovelyOne
it means "ugly person"

Graham Norton read off the screen "you do not know Orlando...you two are mingers!"

Mistypirate
Ok thanks lol. oh and by the way, it's true he does laugh like a girl. Did you hear him chuckle lol that was so funny. laughing out loud

LovelyOne
yeah lol. I think its sweet lol

Mistypirate
yeah lol. I think its sweet lol

Yes it's cute when a guy shows his feminine side. I think thats romantic.

sailorleo
it means "ugly person"

Graham Norton read off the screen "you do not know Orlando...you two are mingers!" good to know *writes it down* who am i gonna use it on first *evil laugh*

Norrie: She's doin it again...

lol...can't help myself

Mistypirate
laughing

LovelyOne
.......................................................... OMG OH MY GOD! misty I need to PM something..there is a weird link with the song in the thing I sent you, Jack on the Isle with his shovel and the ODYSSEY!

I dont know what it mans with AWE though..but its weird

LovelyOne
fidlers greeeeeenn!

Surreal_44
LovelyOne, it isn't really fair to state for fact that you know certain things without anything to really back it up. Not trying to be mean, mate, but there's a reason why I simply don't believe your script.

Also, I just want to point out that Pirates is NOT a romance movie. It never has been and never will be...that's just what all of you focus on. Pirates is a coming-of-age, action adventure film with romance tossed in. They're summer flicks with a bit deeper meaning than most come with, but it is NOT, NOT, NOT a romantic film.

big grin

Now, as for pirates life fo comment, I tend to agree with him, although I try hard to state it a bit nicer. Everyone starts posting about J/E, then they post "Will sux" and then everyone giggles...it is getting awfully old.

But I still love talking to you guys. big grin

So, Lovely....if you do have the script, then tell me what happens to Norrington. I'm desperate for spoilers. If you can't tell me here, then PM me. I want to know how his story is resolved. And I want to know what happens to Bootstrap, 'cause even if no one else here cares about him, I do. big grin I want to know if he gets a peaceful end or if he continues on with his son.

LovelyOne
Ok fine what ever big grin

I dont have reason to believe all the crap you hear from KttC either so I dont know why you do. I cant actually say where I got it from because that person will get int trouble. Just like the KttC peeps cant name thier sources yet you believe every word they say?

So far I have no clue what happens to Norrie..

I can just say the opening is very different to the opening of the draft script..tis very dark sad

my sig is a quote from it.

sailorleo
Originally posted by Surreal_44
LovelyOne, it isn't really fair to state for fact that you know certain things without anything to really back it up. Not trying to be mean, mate, but there's a reason why I simply don't believe your script.

Also, I just want to point out that Pirates is NOT a romance movie. It never has been and never will be...that's just what all of you focus on. Pirates is a coming-of-age, action adventure film with romance tossed in. They're summer flicks with a bit deeper meaning than most come with, but it is NOT, NOT, NOT a romantic film.

big grin

Now, as for pirates life fo comment, I tend to agree with him, although I try hard to state it a bit nicer. Everyone starts posting about J/E, then they post "Will sux" and then everyone giggles...it is getting awfully old.

But I still love talking to you guys. big grin

So, Lovely....if you do have the script, then tell me what happens to Norrington. I'm desperate for spoilers. If you can't tell me here, then PM me. I want to know how his story is resolved. And I want to know what happens to Bootstrap, 'cause even if no one else here cares about him, I do. big grin I want to know if he gets a peaceful end or if he continues on with his son. *coughs* ahem...lovelyone pm me first... evil face or teh evil will happen *wuhahahahahahaha*, any hoo im not meaning to be rude surreel, i just had first dibs....on the info..

CaptinJackLover
wait...Lovely you have the script!!!??? ahhh!!!!! lucky! im not going to ask questions becasue i dont wnat to ruin it....ahh what the hech! what happens?!?!!?

LovelyOne
Also Pirates is not a romance. But the biggest theme was the J/E romance in DMC..you cant really deny that because the major plot point revolves around that very relationship.

CaptinJackLover
yupp very true...i totally agree wit lovelyone...

LovelyOne
That means that everything building up to it between Jack/Liz was also a major theme because that is why that climactic event even happens.

Jack of Blades
Will is Horses
http://www.jbarstenbergranch.com/images/Butt.jpg

Mistypirate
I'm gonna have to disagree with Surreal about POTC not being a romance movie. Remember in the deleted scenes were Liz says that she tough meeting a pirate would be romantic. And couldn't agree more with Lovely, the J/L relationship is an important aspect in the movie. Everyone knows that, even the W/E shippers know it, they are just in total denial.

CaptinJackLover
no actually most of them do know it and do admit it but they just think itsb a romance for Will and Liz whihc makes no sense to me cuz there isnt any romance between them!

LovelyOne
Anyway..I'm getting sick of yacking on about the love triangle..lets talk about fiddler's green savvy?:

wikipedia-

It is also the subject of numerous songs, including this about a fisherman who is dying at the dockside

How interesting I find it that Jack was walking inland with a shovel over his shoulder...confused

and in AWE this happens according to empire magazine Australia:

Captain Jack: "Post-rescue will largely be stuck with Davy Jones. Ventures to the literal world's end for one of the film's biggest sequences..."

Davy = Posiedon? Jack = Odysseus?

ALso Surreal 44. I suppose you consider Pirates 1 to be a romance story right? because its Will/Liz based but when its Jack/Liz based its not?

Mistypirate
May I answer for her? embarrasment
Yes laughing out loud

katelovespirate
randomly, there is this brilliant pub by where i live called Fiddler's Green. I suddenly have a whole new appreciation for it. big grin

Mistypirate
By the way Lovely I found this song I don't think it's the same one from wikeppidia.

As I roved by the dockside one evening so fair
To view the salt waters and take in the salt air
I heard an old fisherman singing a song
Oh, take me away boys me time is not long

Wrap me up in me oilskin and blankets
No more on the docks I'll be seen
Just tell me old shipmates, I'm taking a trip mates
And I'll see you someday on Fiddlers Green

Now Fiddler's Green is a place I've heard tell
Where the fishermen go if they don't go to hell
Where the weather is fair and the dolphins do play
And the cold coast of Greenland is far, far away

Now when you're in dock and the long trip is through
There's pubs and there's clubs and there's lassies there too
And the girls are all pretty and the beer is all free
And there's bottles of rum growing on every tree.

Where the skies are all clear and there's never a gail
And the fish jump on board with one swish on their tail
Where you lie at your leisure, there's no work to do
And the skipper's below making tea for the crew

Now I don't want a harp nor a halo, not me
Just give me a breeze and a good rolling sea
I'll play me old squeeze-box as we sail along
With the wind in the riggin to sing me a song

http://www.thebards.net/music/lyrics/Fiddlers_Green.shtml

Mistypirate
Originally posted by katelovespirate
randomly, there is this brilliant pub by where i live called Fiddler's Green. I suddenly have a whole new appreciation for it. big grin

I know where it is, is it in Winter Park. Ive been there. How could I forgot about it?

LovelyOne
Thanks for that song..Thats really interesting misty eek!

katelovespirate
are you serious?!?! thats crazy. i'm there all the time. hahaha. i live in winter park right now. thats hilarious.

LovelyOne
Also one more thing on the subject. Surreal you cant really say that we talk to much about the love triangle..most times we do its actually in reply to you going on about W/E..I thought Pirates "wasnt a love story?"

so why should AWE be a W/E love story either?

Mistypirate
Originally posted by katelovespirate
are you serious?!?! thats crazy. i'm there all the time. hahaha. i live in winter park right now. thats hilarious.

Really I live in Orlando by Conroy Rd. I was there about 3 weeks ago. My boyfriend goes there all the time.

You are Welcome Lovely, wasn't it interesting?

evilm0nki3
oo Winter Park, we stay in a house there for vacation every yearsmile

Mistypirate
cool so you come every year?

evilm0nki3
Yup!

Mistypirate
ok next time you go, go to the Fiddler's Green Pub smile

evilm0nki3
Haha okay..

Chiki Mina
Surreal...pirates get lonely nowadays lol. Besides All disney movies have a little romance. Ted/Terry stories had all something to do about romance. And its usually the forbidden kind like jack/liz alejandro/elena so on and so on.

The movie is awesome it kicks ass big time. But what hit it big was the romance. By the way there never was a love triangle. IMO the supposed love trianlge is already resolved in DMC, but still, there never was.

Pirates life fo
Ok first all...yes everyone here is entitled to an opinion. And I have read countless 'Will sucks', 'bash Will', Will is a eunich...It does get quite old. When you start bashing Orlando and talking about what a crappy actor he is, you are insulting every production he has worked on, the production companies, the casting agencies and the casting directors. So yes my post was harsh as it was meant to be. Bash WIll all you want. No one has to like the character if they dont want to. Not all character are written into scripts to be loved. Just realize who you are insulting when you bash Orlando for being a crappy actor.

LovelyOne
Orlando is not a bad actor confused I dont think I have ever said that. I just said I think Will is a flat character.

Legolas was cool big grin

*jcd*gmc*
Originally posted by shannstar79

how the hell were you watching POTC2 two days ago? did you download it??

johnnyforever
Originally posted by *jcd*gmc*
how the hell were you watching POTC2 two days ago? did you download it?? yeah i guess so. i think people are downloading it off of, limewire, i think it's called. them lucky dogs!

evilm0nki3
hmMmM I have limewire...

but i wont download the movie.. i would feel bad about that lol

Chiki Mina
Ok first all...yes everyone here is entitled to an opinion. And I have read countless 'Will sucks', 'bash Will', Will is a eunich...It does get quite old. When you start bashing Orlando and talking about what a crappy actor he is, you are insulting every production he has worked on, the production companies, the casting agencies and the casting directors. So yes my post was harsh as it was meant to be. Bash WIll all you want. No one has to like the character if they dont want to. Not all character are written into scripts to be loved. Just realize who you are insulting when you bash Orlando for being a crappy actor.

I agree 100% and that post was not harsh at all, it was honest. I admit I like to tease Orlando, but I dont like offending him in a way thats completely sick. I understand, if all the girsl loves Johnny so so so so much and they have such an obsession, they would take note that Orlando is one of Johnnys best friends. I dont think Johnny wouldnt like that. But I digress, Will isnt exactly a flat character, if theres a destiny in him to kill davey I dont think it makes him that worthless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.