Who, or what, can kill Doomsday for good?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
Did Bertron create a perfect Immortal being, that is self-sustaining and can't ever die permanently? Or is it just a plot crutch for writers, and some being has the perfect method to kill Doomsday for good?

Newjak
Originally posted by roughrider
Did Bertron create a perfect Immortal being, that is self-sustaining and can't ever die permanently? Or is it just a plot crutch for writers, and some being has the perfect method to kill Doomsday for good? well anybody that can time travel should be able to stop Doomsday from coming into existence but yeah basically he is just a plot device and if for not the fact he did get some popularity he probably would have stayed dead long ago.

Kang16
thumb up

Endless Mike
Ultimate Nullifier?

Newjak
I would say any reall reality warper or Matter Manipulator could probably beat him as well.

Any thing Above Skyfather should just be able to blink him out of existence with ease if you ask me.

Biological evolution should only be able to take you so far.

Deathstroke
I was trying to think of someone to fight Johnny Sorrow in the vs. forum, and this got me thinking. Supposedly if you look at his face you die. I don't know if this would keep Doomsday dead though.

Mindship
Originally posted by Newjak
well anybody that can time travel should be able to stop Doomsday from coming into existence

That's what I proposed in another thread: Origin Negation through time travel. Of course, this also depends on how DC works time travel. If they use a multi-timeline approach, then Origin Negation wouldn't work because if Chosen Hero goes back in time and stops Doomsday from being created, DD won't exist only in that timeline. He will still exist in the timeline Chosen Hero initially came from.

Of course, one might argue for something called transdimensional mirroring. That is: closely paralled timelines will be virtually identical. So while our Chosen Hero may take out parallel-timeline Doomsday, our Doomsday is taken out by a parallel-timeline Chosen Hero...something like a domino affect, a transverse wave across timelines.

jerry

Newjak
Originally posted by Mindship
That's what I proposed in another thread: Origin Negation through time travel. Of course, this also depends on how DC works time travel. If they use a multi-timeline approach, then Origin Negation wouldn't work because if Chosen Hero goes back in time and stops Doomsday from being created, DD won't exist only in that timeline. He will still exist in the timeline Chosen Hero initially came from.

Of course, one might argue for something called transdimensional mirroring. That is: closely paralled timelines will be virtually identical. So while our Chosen Hero may take out parallel-timeline Doomsday, our Doomsday is taken out by a parallel-timeline Chosen Hero...something like a domino affect, a transverse wave across timelines.

jerry That is true but then that almost must assume that all events in time must be seperate and totally self-sustaining entities. Meaning that in the end time-travling becomes a useless power because in the end any time-spatial power isn't changing an even it is simply creatin another therefore Time-Manipulation becomes in fact reality manipulation to a total degree because to create a new event one must create another.

Basicall you have to disregard the idea of finite energy in existence. Thus the only way to create a new event would be to destroy and reuse the energy needed to sustain an alternte timeline because for something to change something else must loose something.

Mindship
...Meaning that in the end time-travling becomes a useless power...
thumbsup

...and That may be why there are no time-travelers from the future visiting our present.

Newjak
Originally posted by Mindship
thumbsup

...and That may be why there are no time-travelers from the future visiting our present. Exactly unless they have traveled even before us or just after us because if everything is seperate we wouldn't know about it unless they were to happen to hit us in exactly the now

roughrider
If he got decapitated somehow, would he grow a new head?

Newjak
If he got decapitated somehow, would he grow a new head? I would say so because he would have to have a huge regeneration capability on the celluar level to come back when he is dead.

Meaning to come back from death he would have to have the ability for each of his cells to to restart on there own.

Galan777
Did Bertron create a perfect Immortal being, that is self-sustaining and can't ever die permanently? Or is it just a plot crutch for writers, and some being has the perfect method to kill Doomsday for good? A Time Traveler could go back before DD was created, and kill the scientists that were responsible for DD's creation in the first place.........

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Galan777
A Time Traveler could go back before DD was created, and kill the scientists that were responsible for DD's creation in the first place.........

Would this really be killing him though? If he was never alive then he couldn't technically be killed.

Galan777
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Would this really be killing him though? If he was never alive then he couldn't technically be killed. Sure it would, because DD would have been alive before you took a course of action that killed him.....

but technically you are right in a way, he would have never really existed, but you still killed him........... Its kind of like an abortion if you think of it...

roughrider
If every cell of his being was atomized in a supernova, say, then that would kill him right? No cells leftover, no regeneration.

Newjak
If every cell of his being was atomized in a supernova, say, then that would kill him right? No cells leftover, no regeneration. It should because if there is nothing left to evlove from then in essence he shouldn't be able evolve past this death.

So yes anybody that could atomize him should be able to actually kill Doomsday.

Newjak
A Time Traveler could go back before DD was created, and kill the scientists that were responsible for DD's creation in the first place......... I thought I alread suggested this confused

Oh well great minds think alike stick out tongue

UniOmni
GL atomizes him. End story.

roughrider
It should because if there is nothing left to evlove from then in essence he shouldn't be able evolve past this death.

So yes anybody that could atomize him should be able to actually kill Doomsday.

So when Darkseid used the Omega Effect on him, that should have done it there ( though the art didn't show him getting hit like that.) But then, people claim that was an avatar and not the real Darkseid.

Newjak
So when Darkseid used the Omega Effect on him, that should have done it there ( though the art didn't show him getting hit like that.) But then, people claim that was an avatar and not the real Darkseid. The OE hasn't been what it used to be I mean WW blocked it with her bracelets before.

Anyways the OE would have to completely get rid of every cell that made DD up to get rid of him.

NoFate007
The writers. Lol.

Galan777
I thought I alread suggested this confused

Oh well great minds think alike stick out tongue lol, my bad.... I didnt read any other posts before I posted embarrasment

Newjak
lol, my bad.... I didnt read any other posts before I posted embarrasment Yeah but it is true that if you beleive any time related events can effect the future then preventing him from coming into existence would beat him.

manjaro
get a reality warper or matter manipulator to devolve his ass. or remove his powers all together...if all else fails you can always throw him into the sun...you see he was kryptonion way b4 life evolved on krypton so he doesnt abosrb radiant energy..he's just strong for no damn reason...so the same way impreiex vaporzied him, and he stayed that way until luthor regenertaed new tissue for him, a sun dip should do the trick

psy_blade
Can Jubilee?

ShoopDaWhoop
Wolverine would shove Doomsday into a hole he cut into the space-time continuem with his uber-1337 adamantium claws!

King Kandy
An Abstract.

jumpmann
I'd love to see Doomsday rip off the head of an abstract or reality warper. They ruin discussions like these. ;/

King Kandy
Originally posted by jumpmann
I'd love to see Doomsday rip off the head of an abstract or reality warper. They ruin discussions like these. ;/
Most Abstracts would just grow a new one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.