On 3/7/07, the Iraq War will have been longer than World War II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Icredible. Another undesirable feat accomplished by our one and only Emporor of the U.S.: George W. Bush.

Marth18
is that march 7 or july 3

Impediment
It's not 3/7/07. Also, WWII was an actual war. This "conflict" in Iraq is a joke that is wasting America's money and citizens.

ladygrim
why how long has it been going on no expression

Naz
I hate Bush...

LethalFemme
Shouldn't this be in the GDF?ermm

Impediment
Originally posted by LethalFemme
Shouldn't this be in the GDF?ermm

Si.

Dusty
I was about to say...

Lana
What the hell are you talking about?

The Iraq war won't have been longer than 6 years next year.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Lana

Ssh just have it closed.ninja

Lana
Originally posted by LethalFemme
Ssh just have it closed.ninja

Unfortunately I can't close stuff in here.

But seriously, some people need to go back to history class or read a damn textbook or something.

LethalFemme
Unfortunately I can't close stuff in here.

But seriously, some people need to go back to history class or read a damn textbook or something.

You need more power.stick out tongue

The sad part is he's American.laughing out loud

Mr Parker
With Hitler in charge-excuse me,I mean Bush in charge,yeah it will probably go on even longer.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Impediment
It's not 3/7/07. Also, WWII was an actual war. This "conflict" in Iraq is a joke that is wasting America's money and citizens.

exactly.well said.

J-Beowulf
Hmm, I smell ignorance.

Oh, Parker just posted. Found the source!

The Pict
So? This "war" is nothing compared to WWII.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by J-Beowulf
Hmm, I smell ignorance.

Oh, Parker just posted. Found the source!

yep your ignorance has come on board. big grin

RocasAtoll

6 years is as long as WW2 I thought.

JacopeX
Originally posted by Naz
I hate Bush...

J-Beowulf
Originally posted by RocasAtoll

Depends who you talk to.

In Asia they would say World War II began in 1931 when the Japanese invaded mainland China. In Europe, they consider it 1939 with the Nazi Blitzkreig invasion of Poland. For Americans, it is generally considered December 7th, 1941 with the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor naval base, but that is for American involvement only, not taking into account the 1939 beginning for England and France.

The Pict
Depends who you talk to.

In Asia they would say World War II began in 1931 when the Japanese invaded mainland China. In Europe, they consider it 1939 with the Nazi Blitzkreig invasion of Poland. For Americans, it is generally considered December 7th, 1941 with the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor naval base, but that is for American involvement only, not taking into account the 1939 beginning for England and France.

Nah it was 1939 and thats it smile

RocasAtoll
Depends who you talk to.

True, but WW2 can't be 1931, sincie it was only going on in Asia, and unless you count the Treaty of Munich or the Aunchluss (sp?) of Austria, it was 6 years like you and me said.

ThePittman

J-Beowulf
Asia was where the first major hostilities of what was soon to become a World War took place, so it is considered the beginning of the war in Asia, as I stated. To us though, it isn't, because like you said it didn't involve the entire world yet.

The Pict
Asia was where the first major hostilities of what was soon to become a World War took place, so it is considered the beginning of the war in Asia, as I stated. To us though, it isn't, because like you said it didn't involve the entire world yet.

The Manchuria problem was a minor incident in comparison, it wasn't the start of the war for anyone. It was only a indicator of what could happen if the league of nations didn't start pulling it's weight.

Marth18
I love world war 2 games

Alliance

ThePittman
Originally posted by Marth18
I love world war 2 games Axies & Allies pitt_woot

Alliance
I love Clone War games!

Lana
Originally posted by RocasAtoll

Which is my point. The 'war' in Iraq has been going on since 2003. It would have had to started before 9/11 even happened to have been going on longer than WWII.

Marth18
Im kinda glad wwII happened....just sad that all these people died but hey! Good movies out of it, good games....yey

Captain REX
Originally posted by Mr Parker
With Hitler in charge-excuse me,I mean Bush in charge,yeah it will probably go on even longer.

How original.

And completely stupid.

happy

Marth has a point about video games. ermm

Marth18
You bet your sweet captain sextastic ass i do

The Pict
Originally posted by Marth18
You bet your sweet captain sextastic ass i do

No you don't because the second world war led to the development of nuclear weapons. So it wasn't a good thing.

Captain REX
Which is my point. The 'war' in Iraq has been going on since 2003. It would have had to started before 9/11 even happened to have been going on longer than WWII.

Which leads me to my next point...

-
=

-
=

Yay basic math.

Marth18
Originally posted by The Pict
No you don't because the second world war led to the development of nuclear weapons. So it wasn't a good thing.

As long as I had fun life playing my WWII games, I can care less if a nuclear weapon blows me up! confused

RocasAtoll

Now I feel like a douche. I really couldn't see that.

Lana
Originally posted by Captain REX

-
=

-
=

Yay basic math.

Hurray, I'm not the only one here that figured that out.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Impediment
It's not 3/7/07. Also, WWII was an actual war. This "conflict" in Iraq is a joke that is wasting America's money and citizens. Much like Vietnam, Afghanistan, Kosovo, Korea and Cuba.

-
=

-
=

Yay basic math. Technically WW2 started in '37 when Japan invaded China.

Captain REX
Technically, that wasn't WW2, that was Japan vs. China. ermm

A World War requires lots and lots of countries blowing the shit out of each other. icon5

The Pict
It didn't 'technically' start at any year except 1939. The events before hand were the build up to a world war.

lord xyz
Technically, that wasn't WW2, that was Japan vs. China. ermm

A World War requires lots and lots of countries blowing the shit out of each other. icon5 Israel and Lebanon is turning into a WW.

lord xyz
Didn't Vietnam last from '59 to '73 or something?

The Pict
Vietnam is something that always confuses me. I don't know a whole lot about it.

lord xyz
Originally posted by The Pict
Vietnam is something that always confuses me. I don't know a whole lot about it. Vietnam was becoming communist in the 50s so America went "Ah commies, bad commies, commies go bye bye." and fought north vietnamese n chinese for a decade or two. They knew they were going to lose when they went in, but still went on for so long. In fact, the war was fought even worse than WW1.

Bespin Bart
'59 to '64 was the French part of things, since Vietnam was occupied...?

Then '65 to '73 was the American part of things...

Then '73 to '75 was the American pull-out and the North Vietnamese beating the South senseless.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Bespin Bart
'59 to '64 was the French part of things, since Vietnam was occupied...?

Then '65 to '73 was the American part of things...

Then '73 to '75 was the American pull-out and the North Vietnamese beating the South senseless. kthnxbai doped

lord xyz
I think the thread startere meant WWI. ermm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.