Bets Movie Twists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kaled
i check breifly and i couldn't find his thread,
What was your favourite twists from films and why if you please.

Personnaly i love the twists from all these movies:

American Pyscho

The Others

The Sixth Sense

Saw

Harry Potter:The Prisoner of Azkaban

jaden101
fight club
the life of david gale
narc
la confidential

and of course...the king of all twists

the usual suspects

BackFire
Oldboy.

Se7en.

That is all, all the others are lame and trying way too hard.

Kaled
Originally posted by BackFire
Oldboy.

Se7en.

se7en was good yeah, not seen OldBoy, whats it about roughly?

Solo
Originally posted by BackFire
Oldboy.

Se7en.

Precisely. On top of that I'd throw in a recent favorite, A Scanner Darkly.

jaden101
Originally posted by Kaled
se7en was good yeah, not seen OldBoy, whats it about roughly?

old boy is about a guy who is locked in a room for years without a reason...when he is released you think the plot is about him finding out and getting revenge on the people who locked him up...

you then find out that the guy who locked him up felt up his sister when they were kids and the guy who was locked up seen it and tod everyone...causing the sister to commit suicide...so you think that him being locked up was the guy getting revenge on him

but thats not the twist either....

that comes from a nice concocction of hypnosis and making the guy who was locked up **** his own daughter....

or something like that

se7en was to obvious for me

i think people react badly to the ones i mentioned now because everyone speaks about them...but the first time you watch them are great

the machinist had a nice way of delivering the twist...you think its easy (the multiple personallity aspect) because you figure that out early...but thats not the actual twist at all...and when the twist comes you realise that the initial easiness at guessing the split personalities aspect was made deliberately easy

Kaled
Originally posted by jaden101
old boy is about a guy who is locked in a room for years without a reason...when he is released you think the plot is about him finding out and getting revenge on the people who locked him up...

you then find out that the guy who locked him up felt up his sister when they were kids and the guy who was locked up seen it and tod everyone...causing the sister to commit suicide...so you think that him being locked up was the guy getting revenge on him

but thats not the twist either....

that comes from a nice concocction of hypnosis and making the guy who was locked up **** his own daughter....

or something like that

se7en was to obvious for me

i think people react badly to the ones i mentioned now because everyone speaks about them...but the first time you watch them are great

the machinist had a nice way of delivering the twist...you think its easy (the multiple personallity aspect) because you figure that out early...but thats not the actual twist at all...and when the twist comes you realise that the initial easiness at guessing the split personalities aspect was made deliberately easy

ahh thanks very much smile

i saw a film, but i don't know what it was called, if you read this and know what i'm on about please tell me the name of the film
there was a guy who had come back from the vietnam war and he kept having hallucinations. He finds out that theres other people like him, who came home and are having these hallucinations. He then seems to find out its a conspiricy, testing new drugs and such. And the closer he comes to find out the truth the stranger it becomes until he finds out the truth that was he died in the war and it was part of the afterlife

Solo
i saw a film, but i don't know what it was called, if you read this and know what i'm on about please tell me the name of the film
there was a guy who had come back from the vietnam war and he kept having hallucinations. He finds out that theres other people like him, who came home and are having these hallucinations. He then seems to find out its a conspiricy, testing new drugs and such. And the closer he comes to find out the truth the stranger it becomes until he finds out the truth that was he died in the war and it was part of the afterlife
That'd be "The Jacket".

Myth
JADEN - Your post on Oldboy seriously needed spoiler tags. I'm pissed off right now for anybody who hasn't seen the film.

Kaled
Originally posted by Solo
That'd be "The Jacket".

Great, thanks so much smile

Silverstein
Lucky Number Slevin had a good twist in my opinion

and K-Pax if that twist can be counted as one

Impediment
The Usual Suspects
Se7en
The Life of David Gale
The Sixth Sense

SnakeEyes
A recent one: The Prestige. I really liked the twists in that one.

Ultraman Baltan
Usual Suspects
Phonebooth
Suicide Kings
Fight Club
Freddy vs. Jason
AVP

Impediment
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
Freddy vs. Jason & AVP

Those weren't twists. Those were painfully obvious endings.

Impediment
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
A recent one: The Prestige. I really liked the twists in that one.

Is it worth a watch? I'm kinda intrigued.

Solo
Originally posted by Impediment
Is it worth a watch? I'm kinda intrigued.
Definitely, it's loads of fun. See The Departed first, though, if you haven't already.

forumcrew
Definitely, it's loads of fun. See The Departed first, though, if you haven't already.

yes

Tptmanno1
Yea, I wanna see Prestige and Departed...
I never got the twist in American Psycho...
Oh well.
My favorites are Usual Suspects, Fight Club, and From Hell.
That was pretty nuts at that end of From hell..

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by Myth
JADEN - Your post on Oldboy seriously needed spoiler tags. I'm pissed off right now for anybody who hasn't seen the film.

I second that! That was a really unthoughtful post. Please try to conceal outcomes when describing movies, or don't bother at all.

Myth
That'd be "The Jacket".

It almost sounds more like Jacob's Ladder.

Kaled
that another good film

Strangelove
Se7en
The Usual Suspects

Ultraman Baltan
Those weren't twists. Those were painfully obvious endings.

Wrong.

Impediment
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
Wrong.

Where is the twist? In AvP, the Facehugger gets the Predator in full view. We all saw it happen. How can that be a twist?

FvJ was a great little cheesy horror flick, but there was not twist intended. If you've watched even ONE NOES and/or FT13 movie, you had to expect that kind of ending in the FvJ movie.

Kaled
Where is the twist? In AvP, the Facehugger gets the Predator in full view. We all saw it happen. How can that be a twist?

FvJ was a great little cheesy horror flick, but there was not twist intended. If you've watched even ONE NOES and/or FT13 movie, you had to expect that kind of ending in the FvJ movie.

i was unaware they were supposed to be twists, in my perhaps very limited mind i though a twist was an answer or explaination to something that endures the hole movie, and that you CAN work out, you just rarely do because its so clever, or elaborate

jaden101
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
I second that! That was a really unthoughtful post. Please try to conceal outcomes when describing movies, or don't bother at all.

so dont read it...its really not that difficult to ignore a post

Solo
Originally posted by Myth
It almost sounds more like Jacob's Ladder.
It almost sounds like Manchurian Candidate too. So, the list goes on...

~Da Rev~
Se7en

Vim
i was unaware they were supposed to be twists, in my perhaps very limited mind i though a twist was an answer or explaination to something that endures the hole movie, and that you CAN work out, you just rarely do because its so clever, or elaborate

I have to agree with that. Sometimes you do figure out what may happen as a twist at the end of the movie, sometimes you don't like them, Like The Village's twist, which I personally thought was great. I mean I don't think many people saw that coming. I also liked the Sixth Sense's twist, Saw I, (II's twist was tooooo easy for me anyway), AvP's twist was good, not necessarily hard to figure out that it was going to happen. A good twist in movie was in Matrix Reloaded, SPOILER ALERT: when you find out there have been six versions of The Matrix, I definitely didn't see that coming.

Kaled
Originally posted by Vim
I have to agree with that. Sometimes you do figure out what may happen as a twist at the end of the movie, sometimes you don't like them, Like The Village's twist, which I personally thought was great. I mean I don't think many people saw that coming. I also liked the Sixth Sense's twist, Saw I, (II's twist was tooooo easy for me anyway), AvP's twist was good, not necessarily hard to figure out that it was going to happen. A good twist in movie was in Matrix Reloaded, when you find out there have been six versions of The Matrix I definitely didn't see that coming.

happy yeah the villiage, thats a good twist too smile M.Night Shaman is good with the twists. and the matrix, that was a stunner for me.

sithsaber408
ESB, vader is revealed to be Luke Skywalkers father.

Still the top of the list, methinks.

Kaled
Originally posted by sithsaber408
ESB, vader is revealed to be Luke Skywalkers father.

Still the top of the list, methinks.

i wouldn't know, as used too frequnetly when i was growing up sad must've been brillient

Saw 3's twist is pretty nifty

adyms10
I'd have to say Usual Suspects or definatley Dragonfly....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.