Superman/ Batman Annual (DC Deadpool?)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

db_renji
What did you guys think of the issue? I loved it. Especially the interactions between Deathstroke and DC's version of Deadpool (that was suppose to be Deadpool, right?). It was funny and a great read. I give it a 9/10. One of the best comics to hit selves in a minute.

long pig
Post some scans from it.

Murda Ma$e
Yeah, I wanna see who you're talking about.

Deathstroke
I thought it was awesome also. It had great action and comedy. I love it when the alternate dimension deathstroke (deadpool) has all the knives, forks, swords and spatulas sticking out of him. The Clark/Bruce interactions were hilarious too.

Grimm22
I bought it but I havent read it yet erm

It looks kind of crappy if you ask me.

Waste of my $4, along with Seven Soldiers #1, seriously how the hell does Grant Morrison expect to get new readers when its impossible to understand what the hell is going on?!?

Juntai
Originally posted by Grimm22

Waste of my $4, along with Seven Soldiers #1, seriously how the hell does Grant Morrison expect to get new readers when its impossible to understand what the hell is going on?!? You didn't understand it? Did you read the individual stories leading up to it?

snoopdogg
Isn't Deadpool Marvels version of Deathstroke?

Juntai
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Isn't Deadpool Marvels version of Deathstroke? Yep.
Deathstroke is Slade Wilson, his brother was Wade.
Deadpool is Wade Wilson.
Similar costume, and fairly similar powersets.

manjaro
deadpool was created out of spite..cuz the guy who created DS got fired from DC so it was the last laff of a disgruntled former employeebig grin

Black Adam
Originally posted by manjaro
dead pool was created out of spite..cuz the guy who created DS got fired from DC so it was the last laff of a disgruntled former employeebig grin

I though liefeld created Deadpool....

anyway this issue was written by the guy that turned Deadpool from a cheap Deathstroke copy to the guy we all know today.

heres some pics...i don't have the whole issue so your out of luck.

http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture023ge4.jpg
http://img62.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture024fe7.jpg
http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture026ts2.jpg
http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture029wv9.jpg
http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture032gg9.jpg
http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture034rn3.jpg

Juntai
Leifield created Deadpool. He creates mostly ripoff characters, check his history.

Meanwhile one of the greatest of all time, Marv Wolfman created Deathstroke.

Validus
Originally posted by Grimm22

Waste of my $4, along with Seven Soldiers #1, seriously how the hell does Grant Morrison expect to get new readers when its impossible to understand what the hell is going on?!?
Grant Morrison expected people to read the lead in minis. Guess you proved him wrong.

Doc Potato
Looks pretty hilarious... but the artist's no Michael Turner...

Validus
Originally posted by Doc Potato
Looks pretty hilarious... but the artist's no Michael Turner...
Thank God.

Doc Potato
Turner does a great Batman IMO...

grey fox
So let me get this straight.

Guy creates Deathstroke

Guy get's fired from Dc get's pissed and rips-off DC with 'Deadpool' (Already knew up to here)

Dc subsequently Rips off MARVEL Deadpool and makes him DS's brother.

It's like a wacky rip-off extravaganza. All because of Deathstroke. I'm hoping the guy who created him is frikken happy.

Black Adam
Originally posted by grey fox

I have no idea what the hell happened.

fixedstick out tongue

Marv Wolfman created Deathstroke
Rob Liefeld ripped off Deathstroke
Joe Kelly starts his run on deadpool that transforms him to the wisecracking insane guy we know today
Joe Kelly decides to put the alternate reality Deathstroke in the story (that probably isn't even in continuity) as a joke.

Juntai
Originally posted by grey fox

Guy creates Deathstroke

Guy get's fired from Dc get's pissed and rips-off DC with 'Deadpool' (Already knew up to here)

Dc subsequently Rips off MARVEL Deadpool and makes him DS's brother.

It's like a wacky rip-off extravaganza. All because of Deathstroke. I'm hoping the guy who created him is frikken happy. No.
Marv Wolfman, created Deathstroke.
Rob Leifeild created Deadpool.

manjaro
*scratches head* i guess i stand corrected but i always thought it was done out of spite i could have sworn it was him, but i do know for a fact that somebody created a rip-off charcter out of malice tho.. it was either todd mcfarlane who based the look of Spawn on that guy(or somebdy else) that the cape killer caught the other day..his name escapes me but he's the black guy that spider woamn tried to warn...arrrgh i cant remember his name but todd created that guy.

db_renji
I think this story should be entered in continuity (except for the last part, where it gets a little out there, when the narrator starts explaining this epic battle). But everything else is much better than current continuity. Like Deathstroke's first mission is to kill Bruce Wayne. Or the first introduction of the Crime Syndicate...just sayin.

Dynamic One
I thouqht what I saw here was pretty funny. You had deadpool-lite in relation to deathstroke that was the best part.

geshien
that was great, i'd love to get this series.

i'm a big dp fan. i guess this is the only way i'd get to see how he'd interact to his counterpart, deathstroke.

it seems really funny. big grin

manjaro
BTW i thought ultraman was in kandor ruling the shit outta ppl

WrathfulDwarf
Haha! Best Comedic Annual! Good to see Owlman and Ultraman again.

Some of you guys didn't get the deadpool gag.

It was just another one of Mr. Mxyzptlk pranks.

Remenber? the issue starts with him hiring Deathstroke to assasinate Bruce Wayne.

Tron
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Haha! Best Comedic Annual! Good to see Owlman and Ultraman again.

Some of you guys didn't get the deadpool gag.

It was just another one of Mr. Mxyzptlk pranks.

Remenber? the issue starts with him hiring Deathstroke to assasinate Bruce Wayne.

I don't need to get the gag, the fact that he was there is enough for me.laughing out loud

Even though they didn't use his name, it WAS Deadpool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.