Limbaugh Mocks Michael J. Fox

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS
just when i thought i couldnt be any more sickened by the right fringe media thugs, rush limbaugh lowers the bar and not only accuses micheal j. fox of intentionally triggering parkinsons' symptoms, but then goes on to physically mock him. it all started with this ad:

(DO NOT CLICK copy and paste the url)
http://movies.crooksandliars.com/KO-LimbaughMJFox.wmv

fox's response in an intrerview with katie couric:
http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Katie-Couric-MJFox.wmv

first off, if i had parkinsons and was so hard hit with symptoms, you wouldnt be able to get me out of my home...the hell with network tv. that to me is worthy of complete respect in itself. what i respect the most though is how he never attacks limbaugh, and clearly comes out the bigger man (figuratively speaking of course)

so, how do people like that fat bastard limbaugh get to have such an influential forum and yet be completely ignorant of what he's touting? is it so difficult to take a few minutes of research to understand parkinsons symptoms? and where does he get off telling others that they shouldnt be allowed a soapbox? and dont wait for an apology from rush, because it wont happen.

anyway fox looks really good dispite his symptoms/ticks. just a slightly older version of the fox we're used to imho

****please, this is not a stem cell/pro-life debate. PLEASE keep it to yourself or better yet you can bump the stem call research thread.

botankus
I don't even know what stem cell research is. I could tell you what a second-level zone run block and a Statue of Liberty play are, however.

To stay on topic, my favorite Michael J. Fox movie is The Frighteners.

PVS
hmmmmm...that was a weak segway for your football zinger stick out tongue

botankus
I heard Michael J. Fox shook just the same with or without his medication. A little confusing on that actual fact. Either way, the only handicapped person I condone any jabbing of is Mini-Me...especially after those annoying "It's your birthday" commercials he's got going on now.

Be sure to tune in each Friday for my football zinger of the week. Sorry to be off-topic, but I just wanted to post a picture of this week's opponent, the Oakland Raiders, taking the field in 2003:

botankus
Sorry - another double post.

ThePittman

Mr. Sandman
Michael J. Fox looks surprisingly good. He was on Scrubs no too long ago and did a fine job, not only in controlling himself but acting as well.

He friggin focks ass.

Yea that was intended.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by PVS
just when i thought i couldnt be any more sickened by the right fringe media thugs, rush limbaugh lowers the bar and not only accuses micheal j. fox of intentionally triggering parkinsons' symptoms, but then goes on to physically mock him. it all started with this ad:

(DO NOT CLICK copy and paste the url)
http://movies.crooksandliars.com/KO-LimbaughMJFox.wmv

fox's response in an intrerview with katie couric:
http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Katie-Couric-MJFox.wmv

first off, if i had parkinsons and was so hard hit with symptoms, you wouldnt be able to get me out of my home...the hell with network tv. that to me is worthy of complete respect in itself. what i respect the most though is how he never attacks limbaugh, and clearly comes out the bigger man (figuratively speaking of course)

so, how do people like that fat bastard limbaugh get to have such an influential forum and yet be completely ignorant of what he's touting? is it so difficult to take a few minutes of research to understand parkinsons symptoms? and where does he get off telling others that they shouldnt be allowed a soapbox? and dont wait for an apology from rush, because it wont happen.

anyway fox looks really good dispite his symptoms/ticks. just a slightly older version of the fox we're used to imho

****please, this is not a stem cell/pro-life debate. PLEASE keep it to yourself or better yet you can bump the stem call research thread.

Why are you even suprised that ignorant people have influence. Majority of people who have some kind of influence are ignorant - hence the mess our world is in.

But I agree - what a shameful and disgraceful act. Whoever that moron, Limbaugh is.

Capt_Fantastic
Michael J Fox and Rush, yeah, it sucks, it's awful. How dare he....But how about Jim "I'm the living Christ!" Caviezel?! That's just ****ing pathetic! And you people out there in tv land don't think that is a perversion of your religion?

Robtard
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Michael J Fox and Rush, yeah, it sucks, it's awful. How dare he....But how about Jim "I'm the living Christ!" Caviezel?! That's just ****ing pathetic! And you people out there in tv land don't think that is a perversion of your religion?

Not to change subject, but what did Jim Caviezel do?

And Rush as always is an annoying fat pill popping bastard... I for one am not surprized by his actions.

Soleran
I have always like Michael J. Fox in his acting (not always the best movies) and when he came out and has worked to overcome his illness and help others in his situation.

This is a classic case of Limbaugh being an ass yet again.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
and clearly comes out the bigger man (figuratively speaking of course)

HAHAHHAHAHA, cause he is small...hahahaha

FeceMan
My speakers are unavailable; could anyone paraphrase or give excerpts of what Rush said?

Robtard
Originally posted by FeceMan
My speakers are unavailable; could anyone paraphrase or give excerpts of what Rush said?

He (Limbaugh) basically claimed to know everything about Parkinson's disease, said that Fox deliberately didn't take his medicine so he would shake more(real doctors say the medicine causes the shaking), accused fox of deliberately exaggerating the shaking for the add, said that the Democrats deliberately used "sick people" for campaign adds even thought Fox had done an add in 2004 for a Republican...

He made an ass out of himself as usual.

PVS
basically the message is that only people with no knowledge at all of the disease and are against stem cell research have the right to debate it........what else could the implication be?

FeceMan
Haha.

I'm thinking people made too big of a deal about the making fun of Michael J. Fox thing.

I laughed about Terry Schiavo. No, really, I did. I laughed my ass off at the photoshops and hilarity generated by her.

I laughed about Martin Luther King Jr.'s death--"They had their chance for equal rights, but they blew it!"

I laugh at dead baby and Nazi jokes. I laugh at jokes about retarded people, and I laugh harder at photoshops involving them. I laughed at the photoshopped pictures and .gifs made about Hurricane Katrina. I laugh at people who get hurt for doing stupid things. I laugh at cripples. I crack jokes about using fetuses as ping-pong balls.

Now, does that make me a bad person?

What do you think happens here (and moreso on the religion forums)?

Mr. Sandman
Haha.

I'm thinking people made too big of a deal about the making fun of Michael J. Fox thing.

I laughed about Terry Schiavo. No, really, I did. I laughed my ass off at the photoshops and hilarity generated by her.

I laughed about Martin Luther King Jr.'s death--"They had their chance for equal rights, but they blew it!"

I laugh at dead baby and Nazi jokes. I laugh at jokes about retarded people, and I laugh harder at photoshops involving them. I laughed at the photoshopped pictures and .gifs made about Hurricane Katrina. I laugh at people who get hurt for doing stupid things. I laugh at cripples. I crack jokes about using fetuses as ping-pong balls.

What do you think happens here (and moreso on the religion forums)?

Yes. A bad person with a twisted sense of humor (same sense of humor I have actually, and I wouldn't expect that from a 'christian').

FeceMan
Sorry. I must have been abused as a child.

Bardock42
Sorry. I must have been abused as a child.

Why? Are you gay?

sithsaber408
Rush Limbaugh is a dueche.

Michael J. Fox was, is, and always will be one of my favorite actors, and of late is an inspirational hero.

Now I want to make this clear: I don't believe he was faking or "amping up" any symptoms, due to acting or medication, or whatever.

I take him at his word.

I knew a kid named Jed Russell in the boot camp at Tranquility Bay who had Turrets syndrome.

He didn't curse out loud, he twitched. He would touch pencils and paper several times, and fling his wrists around his head and half turn in his seat 4 or 5 times....... every time he wanted to write something.

It was kinda sad, but he was a cool kid though. He was from San Jose, Cali like me and a tagger like I was. (don't even want to know how that worked.)

To make the long story short, I saw him again in the Valley Fair mall after I got out.

He was working at one of those Cingular wirlesss kiosks in the mall, with a dress shirt, tie, and slacks looking pretty cleaned up.

Most amazingly, he didn't "twitch" at all.

I gave him crap about it (in a joking way) and he said:

"I can control it. It's hard, like trying not to sneeze or fart, but I can. There's good looking ho's in this mall man, I just didn't care to hold my twitches around those dick-head Jamaican guards."

Now I know for a fact that Turrets and Parkinsons are two completly different animals, and that no two patients of any disease are the same anyway, but its possible that a person could have some limited knowlege like that of my experience with Jed, and assume that Micheal J. Fox was turning on the juice for a political cause.

So uh yeah.... Rush is an ass hole, and Fox is da bomb in Back to the Future yo!

"Holy shit, Doc!"

FeceMan
Originally posted by Bardock42
Why? Are you gay?
Anything for Jackie.

KidRock
Bah thats terrible of him to do that.

It's also bad that the politican would try and get sympathy from the people in order to get votes.

Big fan of Fox though. He really doesnt look bad at all despite his disease, just older.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Whoever that moron, Limbaugh is.

You don't know who Rush Limbaugh is??

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
You don't know who Rush Limbaugh is??

Fortunately his filth isn't broadcast on a global scale.

Originally posted by Robtard
Not to change subject, but what did Jim Caviezel do?

He played Jesus in The Passion of the Christ!

Originally posted by Bardock42
Why? Are you gay?

Ah, but he didn't say he was abused by a priest .

Bardock42
Ah, but he didn't say he was abused by a priest .

My bad...I am new to this stuff. What was the serious mental illness (cause that is what homosexuality is, righ?) one gets by being raped by a mechanic again?

Robtard
He played Jesus in The Passion of the Christ!

That's just an acting role though... But, I did a little research and I found out that he quoted lines from the movie in Aramaic for an anti-stemcell add. I assume this is what you were originally referring too and he is an ass for doing it.

BackFire
He seems rather grumpy lately, must have forgotten to take his illegal pain killers. ZING!

RocasAtoll
He should do a T.O. with those pill. ZING!

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
He should do a T.O. with those pill. ZING!

laughing out loud

FeceMan
Originally posted by BackFire
He seems rather grumpy lately, must have forgotten to take his illegal pain killers. ZING!
It would be a zing if it had been phrased in a manner that didn't explain the joke.

"He seems rather grumpy lately; his Oxycotin supply must be low."

EDIT: Bill O'Rly is on TV with Oprah. You know, he's not nearly as evil as you guys make him out to be.

KidRock

EDIT: Bill O'Rly is on TV with Oprah. You know, he's not nearly as evil as you guys make him out to be.

omg bullshit!! admit it you right wing NEOCONZ O' reilly is a moron, john stewert rules!

FeceMan
Originally posted by KidRock
omg bullshit!! admit it you right wing NEOCONZ O' reilly is a moron, john stewert rules!
Lol.

He is certainly a demagogue and has a tendency to...speak bluntly, but he's not ZOMG WTFBBQ EVIL REPUBLICAN RUN AWAY.

PVS

i dont care how he exposes the sensitivity of his vagina on oprah. the guy is an evil bastard in what he does on foxnews

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Robtard
That's just an acting role though... But, I did a little research and I found out that he quoted lines from the movie in Aramaic for an anti-stemcell add. I assume this is what you were originally referring too and he is an ass for doing it.

Well, no research required really. It was talked about at teh end of the videolink PVS provided. And yes, that is exactly what I was referring to. How can "christians" not realize the crap this administration is spewing in the "name" of their god?

Shelbert Lemon
All Rush Limbaugh did was prove himself to be an ass by opening his mouth and saying things he obviously isnt educated in. You'd think as someone in the media, he would want to know and understand what he rants about. Certainly not the case there.

Michael Fox is someone I can admire because of his compassion he shows to want to use himself in a way that may lead to the support of the research and the fight against Parkinson's. I also respect the way he responded to the attack on his integrity. Very well done.

Naz
I really don't care who makes fun of who in the media, but Michael J. Fox is my favorite actor, so it's just not acceptable to make fun of him. ermm

Imperial_Samura
Haha.

I believe the difference is the humor factor - I don't know whether you (being Christian and all) posses malice towards those groups or there is a more problematic reason behind the laughter - I'll assume not and simply go with you are laughing at a joke. Morbid humor, black humor, gallows humor - might be in bad taste, but does not necessarily mean you are a bad person or that you hold bad thoughts about those who the jokes are made.

The difference is that Rush wasn't joking, and he didn't think it was funny. He accused Fox of essentially lying and using his illness to manipulate, based upon his own faulty understanding of the illness. Then he implicated it was wrong for Fox to campaign for stem cell research as it was helping the democrats "exploit" sick people. The difference between your examples and his is that he isn't joking, and that he himself is known to have a political bias.

long pig
Rush is a stupid *******.

Fox probably DID fake it a little bit but that doesn't make Rush less of a stupid *******.

bogen
That man should be shot, and i think they looped his imitations of Micheal.
I could have sworn i could see him make a gesture then do the revese so it looked looped to me.

BackFire
It would be a zing if it had been phrased in a manner that didn't explain the joke.

"He seems rather grumpy lately; his Oxycotin supply must be low."

What, you want me to put effort into finding the NAME of his pills of choice? You overestimate me, good sir.

No, O'Reily isn't evil, just an idiot.

Quiero Mota
To me, O'Reily is one of those people who's and annoying and hilarious at the same time. Especially when cuts-off people's mics and goes to a commercial break when he knows he's losing the arguement

cain marko

cain marko
just watched it! what a bast*rd!!!!!

KidRock
Fox DOES do a mean harlem shake though..

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS
i dont care how he exposes the sensitivity of his vagina on oprah. the guy is an evil bastard in what he does on foxnews
Just like Sean Hannity agrees with the psycho WBC *****?
Originally posted by BackFire
What, you want me to put effort into finding the NAME of his pills of choice? You overestimate me, good sir.

No, O'Reily isn't evil, just an idiot.
Pshaw, I knew it off the top o' my head.
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
I believe the difference is the humor factor - I don't know whether you (being Christian and all) posses malice towards those groups or there is a more problematic reason behind the laughter - I'll assume not and simply go with you are laughing at a joke. Morbid humor, black humor, gallows humor - might be in bad taste, but does not necessarily mean you are a bad person or that you hold bad thoughts about those who the jokes are made.

The difference is that Rush wasn't joking, and he didn't think it was funny. He accused Fox of essentially lying and using his illness to manipulate, based upon his own faulty understanding of the illness. Then he implicated it was wrong for Fox to campaign for stem cell research as it was helping the democrats "exploit" sick people. The difference between your examples and his is that he isn't joking, and that he himself is known to have a political bias.
Ah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.