The Most Under-Written Character In Comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan777
In your oppinion, what character in all of comics has had the potential to be an awesome character, and display amazing feats, but has never reached that potential due to poor writing?

My personal picks are:

Sentry
Rhino
Absorbing Man

All of them have awesome potential, but the writers have yet to tap into it.

What do you think?

Kid Kurdy
I don't know if Absorbing Man is "underwritten", because he can dish out a lot of damage. He has been a worthy sparring partner for Thor and Hulk.

And for erm Speedball... confused

Rewmac
Well probably in DC I'd say...Darkseid...I mean Supes can just beat him up...Naaahhh that ain't right...

Galan777
but Absorbing Man could be sooo much better the how he has been written, he has alot of potential IMO

Galan777
Originally posted by Rewmac
Well probably in DC I'd say...Darkseid...I mean Supes can just beat him up...Naaahhh that ain't right... yeah, i could agree /w/ that

Roldz
Most underwritten, Ive got to say Glads/Terrax...
Glads could punch an asteroid the size of planet/ major durability/ speed.. yet he falls to the majority of X-mutants...
Terrax has powers to control the earth/land itself, I forgut the limit of how far reaching it is and to top it up his possess of the Power Cosmic..

Galan777
very true!

Roldz
Yeah id like to see those 2 written again the way they first appeared feared and reveared...

Galan777
Originally posted by Roldz
Yeah id like to see those 2 written again the way they first appeared feared and reveared... Yeah Im mean even though im gonna buy the new UXM to see Glads get beat. I do not agree that a mutant should be the one who beats him.

Sirius77
I think that Amazo is VERY underwritten. All he has to do is look at a sperpowered being and he will automatically be able to copy their powers. I'm not sure that there is a catch to this, but with so many superheroes, it makes sense that he should be one of the most powerful characters in the DC Universe.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Sirius77
I think that Amazo is VERY underwritten. All he has to do is look at a sperpowered being and he will automatically be able to copy their powers. I'm not sure that there is a catch to this, but with so many superheroes, it makes sense that he should be one of the most powerful characters in the DC Universe. He is. But remember theirs more than one Amazo robot.

Sirius77
Oh, how many are there?

Grimm22
Originally posted by Roldz
Most underwritten, Ive got to say Glads/Terrax...
Glads could punch an asteroid the size of planet/ major durability/ speed.. yet he falls to the majority of X-mutants...
Terrax has powers to control the earth/land itself, I forgut the limit of how far reaching it is and to top it up his possess of the Power Cosmic..

Nah, Terrax has always been a chump erm

the only kind of cool thing he has ever done is frozen Doom's armor using his geo-morph powers

Its funny because he's actually more powerful without the cosmic powers than with them laughing

Entity
A lot of people will probably go off on me for this but i think it was Ben Reilly, yes Spiderman's clone. He was a awesome idea, imagine one day you wake up and find out your nothing more than a reflection of someone else and nothing is really yours. Not your memories, not your family, not the woman you love, not your child, nothing.

Ben Reilly could have been an awesome character if he had been written better, hell i know everyone hates him but i even liked him alittle the way he was. Not allot but alittle. Imagine if he had took off with Gwen's clone, then years later a blond kid with peters powers shows up in the same fights as peters daughter and they find out hes Clone Ben and Gwen's son. Kinda like May's half cousin/brother.

Screw what others think I'm going with The Scarlet Spider!

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Sirius77
Oh, how many are there? Not sure exactly but their are several. Thats why their at such different levels of strength. Thats why Batman was able to deal with one version while the other basically took out most of the JLA.

Tha C-Master
I take it you mean underwritten as in powerset, and not the execution of the character?

bigbran
It's obvious that Wolverine is the most underwritten character of all time... wait...

ankur29
spiderman is quite poorly written (getting beat by people who are not even superhuman), rhino is very poorly written a class 80 that can't beat up anyone , sentry has a lot of potential yet his official stats look wrong , gladiator is very poorly written .........move planets , yet he gets punked on a regualr basis

dc have a few ,martain manhunter and captain marvel are examples

Dinalfos
The One Above All is underwritten, hahahahaha!!1!

batdude123
Do I really have to say it? no expression

CAPTAIN ATOM!!!

KharmaDog
Spiderman - what he is capable of doing, and what he actually does seems out of balance.

Vision - A versatile character who always seems to be a background character who never uses his power to full potential

Sasquatch - originally written as a major heavyweight contender who seems to job to less than worthy opponents now (ie sabertooth) or is just used as a plot device.

Superman - as much as I am not a fan of the character, most of his fights should only last about 3 minutes max.

Broly92
Originally posted by KharmaDog

Superman .
WTF?
rolling on floor laughing

manjaro
i say ditto with absorbing man... cuz at one point in the hulk he developed the ability to absorb ppl's minds and possess them, and not only that, he retained the intellect, of any mind he absorbed.. and lucky for him he was in an experiemntal prison built just for him that was teeming with scientists(this was TIH vol.5 when bruce was doing hulk feats without transforming, the yoga era)..but marvel decided that he was too smart for his own good, so they had bruce trick him into leaping into a dead body and killed him off,

the funny thing is own body withered and died right b4 everyone's eyes so he had to switch minds with a little girl in china, how he got his original body back i have no clue...in that arc they even showed him absorbing the computer, and turning into a giant tech monster..i mention this cuz if you remember in that earth/universe/paradise X runs they mentioned that he killed the avengers and a handful of other super hero teams by absorbing a computer and becoming super smart...but this is something he's been doing for a long time now, so WTF?

also i think they have kyle rayner on this self loathing low self esteemy bender for too long now, yeah every girl he's been with was horrbily murdred, and his life has been totally up and down but every time he gets abolsute power he feels like he doesnt deserve it. and he's letting low rent villains get in his head when he's a guy who regularly tackles cosmic threats

Rewmac
Dunno, Wolverine? blink doctor shifty

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Broly92
WTF?
rolling on floor laughing

Did you even read my post?

My point is, that given what the character is capable of doing, he is way underwritten. I don't like the character much myself, but to have a character who is basically the strongest force there is, is capable of flight, has heat vison and freezing breath, who is impervious to most types of harm and who is nearly as fast of the flash have any trouble with some of the characters that he does is ridiculous. Like I said, most of his fights should last 3 minutes max. I think that would catagorize him as an underwritten character.

Tha C-Master
I agree with Spiderman, he's the opposite of Wolverine, he does all these amazing things against Superhumans, and then jobs to peak humans when he could just Ko them or smother them in 120lb per millimeter tensile strength webbing.

Broly92

My point is, that given what the character is capable of doing, he is way underwritten. I don't like the character much myself, but to have a character who is basically the strongest force there is, is capable of flight, has heat vison and freezing breath, who is impervious to most types of harm and who is nearly as fast of the flash have any trouble with some of the characters that he does is ridiculous. Like I said, most of his fights should last 3 minutes max. I think that would catagorize him as an underwritten character.
Quite a bit of his fights do and do you know all of the crazy stuff he has done like to the Jla, Darkseid, Green Lantern?

batdude123
Quite a bit of his fights do and do you know all of the crazy stuff he has done like to the Jla, Darkseid, Green Lantern?

... Eradicator

shifty

Broly92
Originally posted by batdude123
... Eradicator

shifty
sad

bigbran

My point is, that given what the character is capable of doing, he is way underwritten. I don't like the character much myself, but to have a character who is basically the strongest force there is, is capable of flight, has heat vison and freezing breath, who is impervious to most types of harm and who is nearly as fast of the flash have any trouble with some of the characters that he does is ridiculous. Like I said, most of his fights should last 3 minutes max. I think that would catagorize him as an underwritten character. It's quite the opposite of what your saying. Superman is one of the most overwritten characters there is.
He's like Wolverine 'cept just not on that level.

Grimm22
Originally posted by batdude123
Do I really have to say it? no expression

CAPTAIN ATOM!!!

But he destroyed the kansas no expression

THAT BASTARD! mad

Broly92
Originally posted by bigbran
It's quite the opposite of what your saying. Superman is one of the most overwritten characters there is.
He's like Wolverine 'cept just not on that level.
He is beyond it in Dc! no expression

bigbran
He is beyond it in Dc! no expression You joking?
I just seen Mr M post this.
http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wdm1.jpg

Broly92
You joking?
I just seen Mr M post this.
http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wdm1.jpg
So?

bigbran
So? He eats himself.

Broly92
He eats himself.
That has no point?

Superman can beat Angels in Dc???????
http://img449.imageshack.us/my.php?image=asmodelsupes8zf.jpg

bigbran
That has no point?

Superman can beat Angels in Dc???????
http://img449.imageshack.us/my.php?image=asmodelsupes8zf.jpg Superman Blue.
Plus he never beat him, he just wrestled with him. Still pis, but not as bad as Wolverine jumping 50 feet straight up, stabbing Thanos, beating Hulk, fighting Hulk, surviving napalms, surviving plane crashes, surviving falls 30 000 feet from the ground, etc.

Broly92
Superman Blue.
Plus he never beat him, he just wrestled with him. Still pis, but not as bad as Wolverine jumping 50 feet straight up, stabbing Thanos, beating Hulk, fighting Hulk, surviving napalms, surviving plane crashes, surviving falls 30 000 feet from the ground, etc.
What about beating Imperix?

bigbran
What about beating Imperix? Did he beat the real version of Imperiex?

db_renji
i say Conner Hawke (green arrow's son) he is supposed to be one of the greatest h2h fighters in DC, yet he stays in the shadow of GA. They dont even give him his own superhero name, i mean its GA II...come on man.

Broly92
Did he beat the real version of Imperiex?
Yes with a little help.

Scoobless
Thor... given the immense power displays he, occasionally, shows (showed) none of the Avengers villains should have given him even a moments trouble

The Fake Macoy
Eternity and the Living Tribunal, also Galactus. They job a fair bit sometimes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.